logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Perry  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 8:52:57 AM(UTC)
Perry

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was doing research on genetics the other day and got side tracked by some of the speculation on the capabilities of our DNA. I think Adam was the first man because he was capable of breaking out of the group consciousness and becoming an individual. God presents himself as an individual, as Yahowah. That individuality is very important. The prodigal son is a story about someone who strikes out as an individual.
If you look at all the new age religions popping up, they all seem to focus on creating a group consciousness; group prayers, group chanting, group mind. This seems to be a step backwards, towards devolution.
thanks 1 user thanked Perry for this useful post.
Fred Snell on 12/6/2016(UTC)
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 10:12:42 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Perry, I understand "First Man" to now be about Neil Armstrong, at least in recent film, and we know what special accomplishment he's remembered for. BigGrin

It's not clear to me from your post if you read Yada's chapter on Eden - the Garden of Joy, or if you accept it?

Yada writes of Adam being special, not for being the first humanoid, or for extraordinary DNA and long lifespan, but for being given a neshamah-conscience, by Yah and placed in the protected Garden. With this neshamah, Adam and his family could discern morals and relate to Yah's Spirit.

The prodigal son does indeed strike out as an individual, but his poor choices led him to humility and a desire to restore the familial relationship he had foresaken for his sojourn.

No argument on new age religion and group think.

Respectfully,
-Theophilus