logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ibrie  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:21:35 AM(UTC)
ibrie

HELLO,IM NEW TO THIS FORUM,IM IN NEED OF HELP IN FINDING A WAY TO TRANSLATE THE KJV TO HEBREW AND CORRECTING THE MISTRANSLATIONS.THANK U.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:34:51 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Translating the King James Bible into Hebrew would be counterproductive. You would be starting with a flawed source and the result could only be more flawed.

If you are interested in the Hebrew source material there are several Hebrew "Bibles" availible online. I personaly use the Hebrew Bible: Andersen Forbes Analysed Text in the Logos software. It like most if not all other Hebrew "Bibles" is based off of the Masoretic text. I would also recomend checking the Dead Sea Scrolls whenever possible. Getting a Hebrew "Bible" is simple and relativly cheap. The only way I know to get a transcription of the Dead Sea Scrolls is through logos, and it's nearly $200 on top of the base Logos package. Worth it if you can afford it though. Otherwise you can you the Abeg, Flint, Ulrich translation, which is great in that it highlights the differencs between the MT and the DSS.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
thanks 1 user thanked James for this useful post.
ibrie on 7/31/2014(UTC)
Offline cgb2  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:18:12 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Offline ibrie  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:51:04 PM(UTC)
ibrie

Originally Posted by: James Go to Quoted Post
Translating the King James Bible into Hebrew would be counterproductive. You would be starting with a flawed source and the result could only be more flawed.

If you are interested in the Hebrew source material there are several Hebrew "Bibles" availible online. I personaly use the Hebrew Bible: Andersen Forbes Analysed Text in the Logos software. It like most if not all other Hebrew "Bibles" is based off of the Masoretic text. I would also recomend checking the Dead Sea Scrolls whenever possible. Getting a Hebrew "Bible" is simple and relativly cheap. The only way I know to get a transcription of the Dead Sea Scrolls is through logos, and it's nearly $200 on top of the base Logos package. Worth it if you can afford it though. Otherwise you can you the Abeg, Flint, Ulrich translation, which is great in that it highlights the differencs between the MT and the DSS.

ok,so this is what im trying to do.I know that the kjv is mistranslated, So what bible is in english but is translated correctly from the original hebrew text.
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 1:27:16 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
There are no good English translations. They range from bad to horrible. Even if there was a good one there is not reason to translate back from the English to the Hebrew. We have the oldest manuscripts of the Hebrew so why would you not use those. English bibles are tanslations of Latin that was translated from old Latin which was translated from Greek whish was translated from Hebrew, so why would you add yet another step. If you want to examine what the Hebrew text shows I gave you some resources, but if you want to translate from English to Hebrew I don't know where you would start or why you would want to.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand