logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:34:37 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It is nice to hear when someone is not afraid to stand up to Islam. This artist drew a picture of Muhammad as a dog. He said, "No one actually loves the truth, but someone has to say it."

This guy is an equal opportunity insultor. Apparently he has insulted all sorts of religions, and he didn't want Islam to feel left out anymore. I certainly don't agree with his other stuff (they make one mention of something I don't like), but at least he has guts.
Quote:
One Swedish Muslim woman who lives just an hour-and-a-half drive from Vilks said she hopes to make good on the al Qaeda threat and slaughter Vilks like a lamb. "I can do this in the name of Allah, and I will not fail. I could slaughter him in the name of Allah," says the woman who identified herself only as Amatullah.
How can anyone continue to call it a "peaceful religion" when someone says something like that?

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:03:08 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
well yea - and add that comment to the email Yada has recieved...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:07:04 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Well, certainly. We all know that, but people are more likely to see this in the news than they are to see Yada's emails. I know Yada has done radio interviews and all, but I had never even heard of him until I happened across a link to his POD site. I found the link on Yahoo Answers, buried many pages deep under a question "What is the best website?" (or something like that).
Offline shohn  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:47:51 AM(UTC)
shohn

Wow. I honestly never understood atheism, but this just further baffles me.

Agnostics I get. I can see how they got there. I can understand despising organized religious activities.

But from a purely technical definition of what I know of atheism I just don't get it.

I mean really, if I thought that there were no after life I couldn't see myself enraging my local jihadists. That is probably the last thing I'd have on my agenda. World peace or trying to prove time travel is possible might be up there or something. Hey you know, make the world a better place for your kids, but enraging Jihadists - no way. Perhaps he is a seeker still in denial? His own little way of promoting world peace? Baffled.

Any former atheists care to explain a bit more? This is something still shrouded in mystery for me - that is, that mindset. Is it actually some veiled belief in some kind of mystic cosmic life force where everyone goes when we all die - we all return to being energy? Is that what would enable what seems to be blatant and defiant courage in the face of death?

Speaking of... whatever happened to that Salmun Rushdie guy (The Satanic Verses). Do you guys remember him? I have a vague memory of that guy from younger days.

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:55:50 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Never been an atheist myself, but I have read several things that show that most people that call themselves atheists would actually be defined as agnostic. I think was something like 1% of the people that call themselves atheist really are.

But, why would any atheist enrage insane jihadists to kill him? Simply because he doesn't think beyond his own desires. He simply said, "I want to do this" and did it without thought to the consequences. I also think that many think they are immortal (kinda like teenagers).
Offline Joseph  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:25:32 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

you kind of hit it Icy, but I think there's more to it. As a former atheist/agnostic, I think that in the end it comes down to a lack of appreciation for the power of belief in the Divine. In the case of the Jihadi, he is of course dead wrong (pun intended). But one who really thinks that this is all there is, is just a little short of being capable of putting his mind around the concept that anyone - even a believer - can transcend this concept