logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Light1  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 6:21:09 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Hi, I asked a question earlier and only stop by from time to time but I realize I've never made an official introduction.

I saw this site a while back while reading and listening to mp3's of Yada's book Prophet of Doom. I loved POD, because after watching the actions of terrorists and from what I read in the koran, I knew Islam was bad news but had no earthly idea how truly opposite is of the Bible until I read his work. I've finally taken the time to begin reading Yada Yahweh and listening to the mp3's that are available and while I'm not an expert in the original languages or agree with everything said so far, I find it fascinating and very informative.

I'm 32 and come from a family which is mainly Baptist, but as a child my parents took me to Bible school a few times but never really pushed me to attend (for which I thank them, since that kept me from being 'raised in the Church' which is a real good way to insure someone can't be reached and Saved!). In 1991 while in high school I began reading the Bible (KJV) which my family had given me years before, and while I didn't understand everything I was reading, I knew it was true. I joined the Methodist Church in my hometown although I took the unusual step of asking for immersion baptism (they usually sprinkle but accept both). I figured if Jesus did it that way it would be better to stick to the original pattern! ;)

At the same time I began to listen to the late Dr. Gene Scott (who passed away in 2005) http://www.drgenescott.com/. Dr Scott was a great minister who taught on various topics and possessed a theological depth that went wayyy beyond the average preacher. I know Yada hits dead center when he points out the sun god holiday contamination in Christian worship because years before, Dr. Scott taught about the pagan origins of Easter and Christmas (he used to chuckle and call the Christmas tree the 'heathen tree' and Sunday 'Sun-Day'). I've also read many other great Christian authors such as Hal Lindsey and Dave Hunt as well as more recently Bill Schnoebelen (who is a bit controversial but is a Messianic). While I'm still a Methodist, I've left my home town years ago and only attend every month or two so not to miss Communion. I've always felt that reading the Scriptures and doing one's own research should be the first priority of Jesus/Yeshua's followers so we won't be deceived.

I also have little use for atheistic wannabe internet intellectuals who degrade, lie about and act superior to followers of Yeshua because they are unwilling to open their minds and at least take an honest look at the evidence. You know the types, when Pat Robertson says something weird, they blast all of us like we are all alike rather than read the Book to see what it really says. I also hate people who are anti-american crybabies and blame us for all of the evil in the world, when in reality there's enough dirt to go around for all nations and much goes on behind the political scenes that we don't know. I've been rather blunt in the past on my evaluations of these types and spend little time on forums anymore. However the Spirit here is VERY different! *thunbs up*

On a lighter note, I like video games and pizza! ;)
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 7:37:41 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Light1, welcome to the forum, and thank you for the introduction. I've never officially introduced myself either, but I think with all the posts I have, that people have an idea.

Since we are all about learning here, I would like to point out that whether you spell his name Yeshua, Yahshua, Yahushua, Y'shua, or what have you, doesn't matter too much, but pronunciation does. As such, we must remember that his name means "Yah saves" and thus has Yahuweh's name in it (actually, if you look at the Hebrew letters, the first three are the same as the first three in Yahuweh) thereforre the pronunciation is more likly Yah-u-shua instead of Ye-shua or Yesh-ua.

I never felt comfortable partaking in communion. To me, it always seemed to ritualistic, something I felt Yahuweh didn't care for. At the time, I thought it was just because I thought people were simply going through the motions. I certainly never believed that it was really turning into flesh and blood in my mouth like Catholics seem to think. But, as I have learned more about the seven Miqra, I have come to realize that we were not being told to follow some mindless ritual, but instead to simply remember him when we celebrate Passover. He was telling us that he is the Passover Lamb and the Miqra was prophetic of him. This has lead me to believe that partaking in communion is certainly wrong. If they do communion at a service that I am at, I walk out. I can not stand to be there when it is occuring.

We are certainly in agreement though that reading Scripture and doing one's own research should be first priority.

Games and pizza are good, too, although I have limited myself to plain ol' cheese pizza. No more pork for me.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 9:06:15 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome light :) Im sure you will fit right in!

By the way - I just ate a chicken pizza :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Tiffany  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 10:02:32 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Hi Everyone,

Quote:
Since we are all about learning here, I would like to point out that whether you spell his name Yeshua, Yahshua, Yahushua, Y'shua, or what have you, doesn't matter too much, but pronunciation does. As such, we must remember that his name means "Yah saves" and thus has Yahuweh's name in it (actually, if you look at the Hebrew letters, the first three are the same as the first three in Yahuweh) therefore the pronunciation is more likly Yah-u-shua instead of Ye-shua or Yesh-ua.

Actually both points are very important to Yahuweh, it does matter how you spell it and how you pronounce it. The reason being is that with out the Yah as the first three letters Yahuweh has been removed which is something the Rabbi are famous for, and according Yahushua he said "I come in the name of my Father," which would then lead to the requirement of the first three letters. That is why they killed him because he claimed to be the Son of Yahuweh which really upsets the Rabbis as the name was to be kept from the people.

All this being said, its very important and if you have any question just post them and we can try to answer them, again blessings and welcome to the forum.

Tiffany
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 10:57:13 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
While I agree with you Tiffany, you have to remember that our English characters are not the original. The importance of the English spelling really only matters when you are attempting to convey the proper pronunciation to someone else. I would prefer to just use Hebrew, then there is no issue. Somebody could see "Yehshua" and pronounce it "Yahushua" depending on their dialect and how they read. I could just as easliy see "Yahushua" and read it as "Ya-hoo-shoo-a" or "Ya-hoo-sh-ua," or any other variation.

But, like I said, I do agree with your point, as it is important that we always convey the proper pronunciation and not perpetuate the rabbis' errors.
Offline Light1  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 3:52:41 PM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Quote:
never felt comfortable partaking in communion. To me, it always seemed to ritualistic, something I felt Yahuweh didn't care for. At the time, I thought it was just because I thought people were simply going through the motions. I certainly never believed that it was really turning into flesh and blood in my mouth like Catholics seem to think. But, as I have learned more about the seven Miqra, I have come to realize that we were not being told to follow some mindless ritual, but instead to simply remember him when we celebrate Passover. He was telling us that he is the Passover Lamb and the Miqra was prophetic of him. This has lead me to believe that partaking in communion is certainly wrong. If they do communion at a service that I am at, I walk out. I can not stand to be there when it is occuring.

In the Methodist Church we don't buy into the Catholic ideas of turning into flesh and blood, also we break chunks of bread off of one loaf the minister passes around, so it's a little closer to the original rather than the sungod wafers.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 10:05:08 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Light1 wrote:

In the Methodist Church we don't buy into the Catholic ideas of turning into flesh and blood, also we break chunks of bread off of one loaf the minister passes around, so it's a little closer to the original rather than the sungod wafers.

hehe dont get too comfy with it :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Joseph  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2007 9:23:53 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

welcome Light 1!
I too am uncomfortable with communion. I attend a church that I like. They do communion and I don't. Flashbacks from my Catholic days. It gives me the shivers. Maybe we should just all have pizza!