logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hermine Dow  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:26:03 AM(UTC)
Hermine Dow

Intro to God, 3-Towrah - Part 1 p. 57

You say that 'God's spiritual envoys were not given freewill, which is to say that a single act of rebelion leads to an immediate and negative consequence - and ultimately to complete rejection, separations, and imprisonment.'

If they are not 'given freewill', how then could they express the will to rebel?

Offline James  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:07:10 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
While I am not Yada, he does not read the forum (but you can email him at email@yadayahweh.com), I will tell you my understanding.

There is a difference between free will and choice. The spiritual envoys have choice, but not free will. If Yahowah gives an instruction to one of His envoy's and they choose not to follow it they are instantly punished, cast out. If a human chooses not to follow Yah's instructions then while we have consequences that follow from it, we are not punished. The envoys function much like the military. In the military failure to follow an order of a general results in a court marshal and expulsion from the military. If a civilian fails to follow the order of a general there is nothing the general can do. So while a soldier can choose to disobey an order, they do not have free will.

Hope this helps.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
#3 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 2:41:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Great analogy. You are very good at explaining things
simply, yet effectively.
Why don't you write a short story describing someone
going away from Babylon to Yahowah, showing that it
isn't like xtians profess?
I am not being disrespecful, jusy very curious. This
analogy has made many things much clearer for me.
I don't think I am the only one who appreciates the simpler
explanations.

If anyone has seen the movie "The Forbidden Kingdom"
with Jet Li, I think that when one of his hairs falls and
turns into a servant is a good visual analogy of how
Yahowsha ts set apart and still part of Yahowah.

Before any gets upset or angry , I am not saying that
Yahowah and Yahowsha are a fairytale or anything of
the like. Just that seeing it makes it easier to fathom.

A story showing how it works may make it a little less
intimidating. You are good at this. This is meant to be
a compliment and sincere question.
Offline Hermine Dow  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:06:03 AM(UTC)
Hermine Dow

That makes sense James...about how the envoys/angels are servants having choice, but not free will. I always figured since they didn't have to live 'by faith', but actually KNOW YHWH in a way we don't, in a reality we don't have, that when they chose to reject that, there was not excuse or mercy for them

Mr. Guest...maybe YOU should write that short story?
Offline Hermine Dow  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:15:21 AM(UTC)
Hermine Dow

I'm still thinking about angels and whether they have free will, or not. Yes, I can understand that they can choose to obey/disobey an order. And you say they are instantly punished when they disobey...I'm assuming there is no repentance/forgiveness/restoration possible.

But what does free will look like then?

What 'order' did Heylel ben Shachar not follow through on?

Does he and his not exercise their will to destroy mankind and pervert the truth?

Was it not his will to lie/deceive Adam and Eve in the garden?

Do not the scriptures speak of war in heaven? That sounds like it takes planning, stategy and the exercise of one will versus another.

Very interested in anyone's thoughts.
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 8:48:37 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
We are told that Heylel sought to overthrow Yah, to set his thrown over Yah, Isiah 14. So he wasn't cast out for not following an order, but for full blown mutiny.

Heylel has a will, and desires to corrupt and lead people away from Yah, which is what he did in the garden. There is a difference between will and free will.

Free will is what we have. Yah does not give us orders to follow, He give us advice, instruction and teaching which we are free to follow or not. There is a subtlty in Hebrew thatgets lost in most all translation and that is the volitional aspects of the moods and tenses. Take the 10 Dabar for example, while translated as Commandments, there is not a command among them, only one is written in the imperative mood which is the only mood that can even possibly be construed as a command and in context it does not fit as a command, but more a suggestion that is necessary if you want a desired consequence. When the messengers are spoken of the verbs used rarely convey volition, and are often in the imperative, meaning Yah is not asking them to do what they are sent to do, but ordering them to.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand