logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

U2?
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shohn  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:46:05 PM(UTC)
shohn

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:35:59 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not that my opinion really matters or not that you are interested to hear it...but here goes

It had a catchy enough tune. I really didn't see a lot of substance. I checked out the lyrics, and I can't say that it speaks any great truths but I can't say that it leads people away from truth. Here are the lyrics for anyone interested...

Take these shoes
Click clacking down some dead end street
Take these shoes
And make them fit
Take this shirt
Polyester white trash made in nowhere
Take this shirt
And make it clean, clean
Take this soul
Stranded in some skin and bones
Take this soul
And make it sing

Yahweh, Yahweh
Always pain before a child is born
Yahweh, Yahweh
Still I'm waiting for the dawn

Take these hands
Teach them what to carry
Take these hands
Don't make a fist no
Take this mouth
So quick to criticise
Take this mouth
Give it a kiss

Yahweh, Yahweh
Yahweh, Yahweh

Still waiting for the dawn, the sun is coming up
The sun is coming up on the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean

Yahweh, Yahweh
Yahweh, tell me now
Why the dark before the dawn?

Take this city
A city should be shining on a hill
Take this city
If it be your will
What no man can own, no man can take
Take this heart
Take this heart
Take this heart
And let it break

I read it 4 times, each time trying to see if there was some deeper meaning to this song than what appeared. Maybe i am stupid, but I didn't detect any. I am not saying that there needs to be a deeper meaning, but I always feel stupid when some academic or intellectual raves about a painting that I think a three year old could have done or a poem that a 4th grader could have written. Some of it I find to be true, some of it I find to be nonsense. Is there some deeper dark meaning or for that matter wonderful meaning that I am missing? Now, that said the music video that was an animation was another story. It was all about religions coexisting and I even saw a masonic all seeing eye and a lot of paganistic earth worship and reverence to the human cycles. I don't know if that is the official U2 video so I can't really criticize them for what might be the work of a fan.

Maybe by some long shot of the imagination a few fans will actually go an research the name of Yahuweh and come to the truth.

We can hope.

Shalom

P.S. I don't know a lot about U2 so I can't comment as to knowing them by their fruits or whatnot.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Ruchamah  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:47:14 AM(UTC)
Ruchamah

I didnt watch the video...but i read the words..and i think it is about the Final Redemption...and the controversy of Zion.

Quote:
Yahweh, Yahweh

Isa 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Quote:
Yahweh, Yahweh

Isa 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

Quote:
Yahweh, tell me now
Why the dark before the dawn?

Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

Quote:
Take this city
A city should be shining on a hill
Take this city
If it be your will

Isa 34:8 For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Shalom,
Ruchamah
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:56:17 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

why do we have to psychoanalysis stuff all the time?

I love the song Yahweh by U2, its a brilliant song just about giving things over to Him... if there are things in the graphics on the live shows I don't know anything about them, and tbh U2 are the most anti-religious band that sing about Yahweh ever. I find it a very honest and simple song - I cant see any hidden agenda good or bad - I think its just a good reflection of where the writer is in his walk with his Father, and to be honest I don't want to look for one. U2 are known for not hiding what they think.

If they are using lots of symbols together its probably to try and show they are behind peace and being united - obviously they might be a little wrong in how that works, but for what I can see the heart is in the right place.

hats off to U2, (or maybe just bono) where you can go to a gig and actually feel a connection with Yahweh in the songs they sing in mainstream music! Better singing that then singing about popping a cap in someones "ass".

So chill enjoy the song and be glad someone is singing a song of dedication to Yahweh, whilst using His actual Name and outside of any kinda of "religiousness" too!
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Noach  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:35:13 PM(UTC)
Noach

I saw the trailer for a new movie called "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" a while back. It had an off-handed reference to Yahuweh when a character referred to a fictinal character called "The King of Planet Yahweh". Now this movie seemed to be all about magic. I think we are going to see and hear alot more of Yahuweh's Name as the time gets closer to Yahushua's return. I have a feeling that satan will try to downplay the Name and use it in ways that might make fun of Yahuweh in an attempt to discredit Him and those who love Him. I think U2 pretty much fits in this mould. U2 has never done anything to promote Yahuweh or His Name. I don't think they are trying now. I could care less what their lyrics mean, but by using Yahuweh's Name and never promoting it in the past, I have a felling it's not for the right purposes now. I would bet that they are trying to equalize all world religions in the name of peace. In this context, Yahweh is just another name to them.

Noach
Offline shohn  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:38:48 PM(UTC)
shohn

No doubt... there is currently a "Prophet Yahweh" out on youtube. I guess the thing to remember is His name is also His reputation, honor, and glory - which is more than just spelling.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:15:52 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

lol if you guys knew anything about U2's past you know they are all from a Christian background and each album has been "Christian", the Joshua tree being probably one of the most blatant although there recent albums especially How to defuse an atomic bomb being the most. They just don't label themselves Christian because they dont like to attach them selfs to religion, they hate religion.
Offline Juski  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 12:02:53 AM(UTC)
Juski

wow -u2 never done anything to promote Yahweh!!?? What do you think band aid is all about? He's out there trying to promote poverty relief. Are we not all called to that? So yeah, he doesnt stand on his soap box and preach, but then we'd probably all moan about him if he did!!

None of us actually know the guy, can we stop being so judgement, and critical. We of all people are against established religion, we're sick of people telling us we're weird or wrong becasue we don't do mainstream Christianity, so why are we knocking U2?

Yeah maybe he's not a believer, then maybe he is. His music sure has spiritual overtones. Yahweh knows his heart thats all
t hat really matters.

:)besides which his soongs have awhole lot more substance that many I've heard from Christian artists.
Offline shohn  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 4:11:28 AM(UTC)
shohn

Disagreements over a band eh? Sorry, wasn't referring to the band in my last post, though when I reread the thread it sure sounds like that. Really though, there is a "Prophet Yahweh" on youtube. Says he can bring UFOs out on demand. This kinda ties into stuff being copy catted in the end times me thinks.

Back on to the war of the bands...
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 8:21:05 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

shohn wrote:
Disagreements over a band eh? Sorry, wasn't referring to the band in my last post, though when I reread the thread it sure sounds like that. Really though, there is a "Prophet Yahweh" on youtube. Says he can bring UFOs out on demand. This kinda ties into stuff being copy catted in the end times me thinks.

Back on to the war of the bands...

BEWARE THE UFO'S! :D

UFO's on demand though... im sure someone would pay for that... like pizza :D
Offline kp  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 10:34:08 AM(UTC)
kp

Ever notice that OC prophetic writings are often so esoteric you can't make heads or tails out of 'em without prayer, reflection, and studying the cross references? Yahweh is rarely blatant in His call to one generation or another. He knows that we must choose to love Him if our love is to be genuine---being compelled by an unassailable argument or undeniable evidence would impinge upon our freedom to choose Him---or not to.

My point is that U2 may be playing the role of latter-day prophets---delivering a message esoteric enough to slip by the secular-humanist "censors" who if they knew it was a message about our Creator would relegate the band to the fringe "Christian" market. I pray that what we're seeing here is evidence of Joel 2:28 beginning to come to pass... "And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams; Your young men shall see visions." Time will tell.

kp

Offline bitnet  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 4:50:58 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Off the bat I'd say I appreciate U2 for their wonderful songs. They contain messages that are usually reflective of the world situation and their hope and desire for peace on this earth. Bono and The Edge as well as the other two are well known for hating the wool being pulled over people's eyes, whether by the government or by organised religion.

They work in the way they know best and are among the best in their work. If we could find a way to reach these guys, you'd have the the opportunity to open the eyes of millions of fans out there. Probably create riots in the streets that have no name... and they'd need bodyguards wherever they go, especially in Catholic Ireland.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline jojocc  
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 9:43:53 PM(UTC)
jojocc

I'm gonna have to put in my penny's worth here.

U2 have made some good music, but Saint Bono really irritates me, has anyone ever seen an interview with him. The man is self-righteous to the piont of pain. However, I would rather my kids listen to U2 than to much of the 'Christian' music out there and that includes a number of the hymns that are sung in churches, Jerusalem would be one of them (great tune, lously lyrics).

I'm just gonna leave it in the very capable hands of YHWH, if he wants to use U2 as a mouthpeice, he will, but at least it will be HIS WILL.