logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heretic Steve  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:45:08 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

This is kinda the same sort of thread as the Witch of Endor thread, in that what can Satan/demon's/spirits do and cannot do. I think that knowing the limits of Satan's capacity will shed light on scrip.

In FH Chap 18, " No More Mr. Nice Guy", we're given a potential scenario of the death and "resurrected" anti-Messiah as well as a scrip passage that has plausible application. "For indeed I will raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for those who are cut off, nor seek the young, nor heal those that are broken, nor feed those that still stand. But he will eat the flesh of the fat and tear their hooves in pieces. Woe to the worthless shepherd, who leaves the flock! A sword shall be against his arm and against his right eye. His arm shall completely wither, and his right eye shall be totally blinded." (Zechariah 11:16-17)
So here's the ques. Can Satan resurrect? I sincerely doubt it. Actually, I don't believe Satan has the capacity to resurrect. If He did, I figure He'd be doin' it all the time. So then, is the anti-Messiah resurrected? Again, I doubt it. So does that mean the AM was'nt dead in the first place? Or, was he not alive in the first place, but animated/re-animated by a demon. Yeah, I know. That's a real stretch, (the animated/re-animated part), and I don't believe it myself for the same reason that I don't believe Satan can resurrect.
How about this. The AM is a bionic man or a robot. According to some, it's just a matter of time before robots are indistingushable from humans and the only potential way to discern a bot from a human is the bot's abject lack of emotion, as in compassionless. Any reason why the tech to do this would'nt be there in 20 years? "This also a stretch", you say? Yep, but not as big a stretch as Satan resurrecting somebody.
Are there clues in the Zack 11:16-17 passage? The "Shepard" is certainly compassionless, or is it a more simple matter of no emotions.
What about the arm and eye. The arm is "completely withered" and the "right" eye is "totally" blind.
Oh well, just some more stuff to toss around.
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline shohn  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:05:41 PM(UTC)
shohn

Where is the part about resurrecting someone at in the passage you listed? I didn't see any resurrection in that passage.

Edit: Got robots? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21271545/

Okay, usually, I'm not one to read something and say "That's absurd" or "That's preposterous", but I have to say this article is just ridiculous.

Edited by user Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:38:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Heretic Steve  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 1:20:34 PM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Rev 13:3
3One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

Does this passage say the wound was fatal? If so, the victim was "resurrected" or at least brought back to life which may not be the same thing. So then, can Satan heal so as to resuscitate/resurrect someone who is dead? How did this victim come back from the dead AFTER the fatal wound had been healed? "After" would imply a period of time since the injury reducing the likelihood of a CPR type come back.
It certainly appears that John said the wound was fatal and the AM came back from the dead. How? I don't believe, (perhaps errantly), Satan has miraculous power. Any scrip to indicate that He does?
So basically the scenario appears as this. The AM is assasinated and somehow is miraculously revived.
Offline shohn  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 7:20:10 PM(UTC)
shohn

I've heard of one line of thought which tied this to the capture of hte pope by Napoleon or something. The theory somehow tied something like 1720 years to the wounding of the pope. It seemed to be a stretch, but perhaps instead of this being someone literally resurrected, could it not be a leadership position of some kind?

Wounded as if to death, but then healed. Maybe the adversary just breaks out the ol' home defibullator or adrenaline shot if this is a person. I don't think there is something to suggest that whatever it is actually dead, but is rather pretty close to it. So if I carry through with this, sounds like someone could be using gaining some political capital by becoming a "victim" and then surviving.

If Fidel Castro were to have started acting like a saint one day and then was almost assasinated, but "miraculously" survived, would that sway public opinion his way? Didn't Hitler use something kind of similar to this concept to gain the chancellor position? I think it was more of a national wounding which allowed him to have "emergency" power though. Makes me fearful of many of the thigns going on in America lately, but I digress.

Also, just a guess... but the Mark of the beast.. is it possible that some of the stuff that happened in WWII is actually parts of revelation foreshadowed yet again. I'm sure I'll get put back into my hole shortly, but what were the origins of the swastika? Could one buy and sell in Nazi Germany without that mark - it seems like that would have been particularly relevant to the Jews who were hunted out of their homes and what not then. Was there a call for the Jewish folks to come home to Israel prior to WWII? err.. probably scrap this, if memory serves they weren't "allowed" back home until the establishment in 1948. I guess I just wondered if some went home anyway to heck with whether or not a formal government has been established and actually survived the onslaught, thereby becoming a remnant. Maybe this stuff was more foreshadoing of WWIII. Yeah I know, I'm guessing but thought I'd throw it out there to generate discussion and maybe more ideas.

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline shohn  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:51:37 AM(UTC)
shohn

Yes it literally says that, but the interlinear is saying it is either literally or figuratively. I don't know Greek so.......

This type of stuff happens all the time in hospitals. My dad used to tell me stories about giving CPR and stuff in shifts and after about 30 minutes of this folks could be "brought back". So it may be exactly as you are saying - so close to death that the subject is "resurrected", but I'm not sure that means resurrcected in the same way that our saviour would have been. The question probably centers on the length of time that the subject was considered "dead" I guess and the key word is the healing word perhaps - I have therapeou or something.

Would it have said "rise from the dead" if it meant resurrection?
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Icy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:47:26 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
When something "seems to," "is similar to," or "is like" a thing, it is not the same as that thing. Whatever version Steve used says "the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound" and Swalchy's version 1 says "one of his heads was like and similar as though it had been gruesomely slain." Do we assume that John just thought that it looked like the beast was slain, or do we instead take the point of veiw that he is literally telling us that it looked as if he were slain, but really was not. I think it was that John is telling us that he will only appear to be slain. He might actually come close to death, but is not actually killed, people only think he is.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:35:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Heretic Steve  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:57:17 PM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

My Rev 13:3 quote is from the NIV. Of course, these are the same folks who, in their footnotes, mention that John 5:7 is non-extant in the greek manuscripts. "7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement." Then they go ahead and include the passage anyway. They say nothing as to whether 5:8 is extant in the greek manuscripts and actually don't refer to it at all. So maybe it's not extant either, (as trans/published), and the publishers don't want to offend potential customers. At any rate, these are the passages generally used to verify the "Trinity".
So the point of this off topic sidetrack is that the NIV may be iffy.

So, back on topic. Apparently, the AM is faking it and His "death" and "resurrection" are simply more counterfeits.
Rats, I kinda liked the emotionless, (which would also explain his rejection of women), possesed/re-animated clone/bot thing. Hahahahaha...

shohn, In the Olivet discourse, Yahushua mentioned "Wars and rumors of wars". According to YY, (it I remember correctly), the greek word for "wars" is actually defined as "global conflict", of which there's actually only been one so far. WW1 was not truly global in that several countries were neutral and there were geographic theatres that were not involved. Not so with WW2. All countries were involved in one way or another as well as all geographic areas, even the Arctic/Antarctic.
So, your assertion that WW2 was a foreshadowing or at least has pertinence to End Times prophecy is accurate.
So far as Nazi persecution of "non-Aryans", (Jews, poles, slavs, etc.), there are indeed similarities with the Trib and actually all the historical persecution of the Ekklesia and Jews has been very much like the persecution of the Trib Ekklesia. That being economic/social ostracization which culminated/culminates in murder.
As Solomon, (I think), said, "There is nothing new under the sun". The techniques of persecution have been generally the same since the git-go.

Offline shohn  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:41:16 PM(UTC)
shohn

Well something else to think about is that it seems like the scriptures tend to focus on things from the perspective of Israel perspective a lot of times.

I think a similar line of thought was used regarding the flood in YY. The standard line of thought on the flood in christendom seems to have been focused on the whole world. Makes me wonder if there are some prophecies pertaining to the "world" that would be better interpreted from that perspective i.e., WWII. The things that happened in WWII seemed to be repeats of many of the things described in the Babylonian encounters. I haven't investigated this very far, but I wonder if there might be another milestone somehow connected with the last big war. The one thing that comes to mind is the prophet being instructed to lay on his side for the number of days of exile, etc. I remember reading somewhere about someone tying this to the year they came back to Israel, but I found what seemed to be a good refutation of this line of thinking somewhere else. Too much reading is making me dizzzy :)

Either way though, nothing new under the sun.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline kp  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:47:47 AM(UTC)
kp

Back on the Antichrist's apparent resurrection. I never connected these things before, but it is apparent from clues in Revelation that satan will be given unprecedented powers when he is thrown out of heaven. I think Rev 9:1 describes the same thing we see in Rev 12:7-9. Satan does battle with Michael, gets his butt whupped and is subsequently kicked out of heaven. But he doesn't leave empty handed. Because it suits God's purpose, he is given at this time the key to the abyss. The Fifth Trumpet describes the immediate consequence: the release of demonic "locusts." But could it be that the "key to the abyss" entails more than that? Could satan have been given other abilities as well? (They'd all have to be within Yahweh's purview, of course: God will never let satan off the leash completely.)

My point is that just because satan has never had the power to resurrect anyone before, it does not necessarily follow that Yahweh will not give him the power to do so in this one case. (Remember, he had to ask permission to touch Job, and that permission extended only to him.) The timing is right (just before the midpoint of the Tribulation) and God's purpose would be served by allowing satan to pull off this particular bit of deception. It would definitely provide a viable spiritual choice for the world's rebellious populations to consider. And Yahweh is "pro-choice," if you know what I mean.

kp
Offline gammafighter  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 1:14:37 AM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

I'm currently reading FH (and YY and PoD...) and in one of the earlier chapters, KP points out that the prophets are using a relatively primitive language with no capacity for expressing technology we have today. Think about how much you've been amazed by our own technology, whether it is the size of an iPod or the possibility of having sex with robots. Imagine how much more amazed someone from the first century (or earlier) would be. They wouldn't have the words to describe it. This seems to be the case with this passage. We can theorize, but I'm not sure it will seem to make sense until it happens (and it will happen) exactly as Yahweh said. I really like KP's imitation of what a prophecy about an atomic bomb might have looked like: a "rock" that "grew as brilliant as the sun, so no man could look upon it".

Actually, maybe with keeping that in mind, we can come up with some close theories.
User is suspended until 4/7/2030 11:52:02 PM(UTC) YahWarrior  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 8:01:40 PM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

Here is a thought.

Didn't satan wrestle with a righteous angel over the body of Moshe (Moses)? (I don't have the scripture with me as I am at work, so I can't look up chapter and verse.) Now why would satan do that? Perhaps satan wanted to do just something spectacular. Somehow resurrect or empower the body in a zombie like way to use Moshe's body to delude and lead astray the multitude and to prevent them from entering Canaan to defeat his seed?

Any thoughts?

Yah Bless!

YahWarrior
Harry
User is suspended until 4/7/2030 11:52:02 PM(UTC) YahWarrior  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 3:41:56 AM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

Thanks Swalchy.

Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I wonder where Jude got the information? Perhaps from one of the manuscripts that was excluded from the cannon?

Yah Bless!

YahWarrior
Harry
Offline coleridge  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 8:39:50 AM(UTC)
coleridge

Yah! i like the way you study kid! as far as the disputed body of moses...i've always thought that it was referring to the tanakh.. the body of moses' writings. if you know anything about islam you will find that there really was a wrestling over the "body" of moses. in which muhammad tried to turn all those characters into muslims. just a thought...
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline J&M  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 4:29:08 AM(UTC)
J&M

There seems to be some ground rules in the spiritual warfare in the heavens which are applied in the relationship with mankind, the biggest of which is that 'freewill' must be respected.

This gives rise to the '3 doors', we choose YHWH, or we choose satan or we choose nothing.

Halfway through the trib, satan is flung out of the heavens. I get the impression that at that point the ground rules cease to apply. This is probably why YHWH will remove those of his choosing beforehand, and why the 144,000 are 'sealed' (visible mark of ownership).

The concept of ground rules is interesting, one day I would like to collate them. Satan twice had to get YHWH's permission to meddle with Job. It seems that once we have chosen, then we are 'marked' and the other side has to respect that mark.

We get it again when the demon 'knows Peter' but not Simon the magi (think I got the names right)
Offline Heretic Steve  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 10:23:55 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Whatever satan's motives were for contesting Moshes body I don't believe included bringing Moshe back to life. If satan could do such a thing, I believe he'd be doing it. Think of the possibilities, all the tinpot pagan tyrants of the pre-flood ages as well as the post flood ages, Muhammed, Engels, Marx, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the Hildebeest, (oops, she's still with us).
I'm probably mistaken, but I suspect Moshe's body was hidden to prevent His tomb from becoming some sort of a shrine, at least that's what I've heard somewhere along the line for what it's worth. Anyways, how do you suppose satan would've moved it? He has no hands and even if he did, I suspect shovel work would be way beneath his dignity. Hahahahaha.......
Offline bitnet  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 3:59:22 AM(UTC)
bitnet

I haven't had quite a good chuckle as when I read this thread. You guys are hilarious! I know that our Creator has a great sense of humour (just look at the platypus) and you guys reflect this sense rather well.

Santa's boss may have been given the keys to the abyss for a while and a set of rules, and he decides to play with -- locusts? Now who is the joker here? I suspect that he could have done a lot worse if he was given greater largesse but it looks like the joke is on him again. The poor world has been following him for the most part and now he turns back on them. I suppose Yahweh decided to give the world what they asked for.

As for the resurrection of the AM, while things are moving very well in the field of genetics and medicine, I suspect advances in Hollywood may have a greater influence here. Either way, we should not be around for the gag line.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 7:12:04 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You know what gets me? If Satan knows what Scripture says about him, what he does and what happens at the end, do you think he goes along with it because it's the truth and he has no choice to or because he's so mad at Yahweh that he doesn't bother to know what the Word says and does what naturally comes to him?

Elohim is not a liar, so His Word is True, but if Satan could pull the joker he would back out completely, trying to discredit Elohim because His Word would not come true then. Satan is in a catch 22 situation, whether he wants to or doesn't want to the outcome is still the same, he will do what the Word says he will do, and in the end he loses.

I know my outcome will not be good if I turn my back on Yahweh, therefore I continue to love Him. But Satan knowing his outcome is not in a place to choose since Yahweh's Word is true and the outcome must be fulfilled.

Regarding Moses' body: imagine if the Jews knew the location of his tomb? They would probably declare that place the center of Israel and thereby disregard Jerusalem. They would at the very least make a yearly pilgrimage to the shrine or, God forbid, a must-do-once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage to see the place where Moses lay. I think Elohim was protecting them from worshiping the dead, making an idol of him, not that they don't already.
Offline bitnet  
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:04:35 AM(UTC)
bitnet

In the absence of a visible, physical deity, it is man's propensity to deify mortals. We see it all the time, since Nimrod to Sai Baba. Sigh!
Offline nagantmosin  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 7:39:03 AM(UTC)
nagantmosin

Shalom all,

The first beast of Revelation Chapter 13 is a real, literal, fire-breathing dragon that will be released from the Abyss by Ha Shatan (Satan) in order to forcibly rule the earth, and to wipe out the Set-apart Ones (Yahuweh's people).

Again, the first beast of Revelation Chapter 13 is a real, literal, fire-breathing dragon that will be released from the Abyss by Ha Shatan (Satan). Ha Shatan is described as a red dragon in Revelation 12, but Ha Shatan is NOT the first beast described in Revelation 13! Ha Shatan is furious that he cannot kill the woman in Revelation 12, so he releases an ancient, literal, fire-breathing monster (Leviathan) from the Abyss (Rev. 13) to make war with the set-apart ones and rule the earth.

The second beast of Revelation 13 is Nimrod, the false prophet/anti-messiah/man of lawlessness/son of destruction. He will be "resurrected" from Sheol, inside the earth, to conquer the earth with Leviathan and Satan, and to deceive and destroy the whole earth.

Shalom,

N
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 9:05:26 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
nagantmosin wrote:
Shalom all,

The first beast of Revelation Chapter 13 is a real, literal, fire-breathing dragon that will be released from the Abyss by Ha Shatan (Satan) in order to forcibly rule the earth, and to wipe out the Set-apart Ones (Yahuweh's people).

Again, the first beast of Revelation Chapter 13 is a real, literal, fire-breathing dragon that will be released from the Abyss by Ha Shatan (Satan). Ha Shatan is described as a red dragon in Revelation 12, but Ha Shatan is NOT the first beast described in Revelation 13! Ha Shatan is furious that he cannot kill the woman in Revelation 12, so he releases an ancient, literal, fire-breathing monster (Leviathan) from the Abyss (Rev. 13) to make war with the set-apart ones and rule the earth.

The second beast of Revelation 13 is Nimrod, the false prophet/anti-messiah/man of lawlessness/son of destruction. He will be "resurrected" from Sheol, inside the earth, to conquer the earth with Leviathan and Satan, and to deceive and destroy the whole earth.

Shalom,

N

Interesting ideas, are these your conclusions?

Welcome to the forums as well! :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline nagantmosin  
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 1:06:27 PM(UTC)
nagantmosin

Thank you for the welcome Rob,

Yes, these are my conclusions. I depended on Yahuweh to show me prophetic truth, and over time He answered. Didn't learn this from anyone else. Most people raise an eyebrow at statements like this, but I can prove it from the Scriptures and also ancient history. Again, thanks for the welcome.

Favor and peace to you,

N
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 1:33:08 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

nagantmosin wrote:
Thank you for the welcome Rob,

Yes, these are my conclusions. I depended on Yahuweh to show me prophetic truth, and over time He answered. Didn't learn this from anyone else. Most people raise an eyebrow at statements like this, but I can prove it from the Scriptures and also ancient history. Again, thanks for the welcome.

Favor and peace to you,

N

No probs, I'm sure you will find this a good place to discuss :)

If you don't mind me asking, but you say that you can prove it via scripture and ancient history - does that mean that you could prove the existence of a fire breathing beast from history? As in a Leviathan type creature? I have no expertise on such things, other than thinking Leviathan being some kinda of snakey sea creature.

Edit:
I was just thinking, in the scenario that a fire breathing beast comes out of the abyss literally... wouldn't we just shoot it? I mean - its not like we don't have the technology... ? Sorry - just thinking out loud... maybe a little privative...
Offline nagantmosin  
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:09:21 PM(UTC)
nagantmosin

Rob,

Although Leviathan the 7-headed dragon is prolific in ancient history, I found that out AFTER I came to the understanding that He existed and is mentioned many times in the Scriptures, under several different names. Click on "Beast's Identities" at this website: (website link removed Topics that advocate false teachings and/or false teachers will be removed)

peace to you,

N

Edit: appologies for edit - Rob
Offline kp  
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:11:04 PM(UTC)
kp

Hello, Nagantmosin. From beginning to end, the Word of God tells a consistent and coherent story, detailing Yahweh's plan for the redemption of mankind. If you'd read Future History, you'd know how utterly consistent it really is, a ten-thousand-piece jigsaw puzzle that when put together paints a singular picture of remarkable clarity. To suggest that He got all the way to Revelation 13 and then swerved off course into the land of mythical fire-breathing sea creatures is contrary to every shred of scripture that preceeds it---or follows it. Yes, Yahweh uses some strange imagery, but He always explains His pictures elsewhere. If the "beast" you describe as a "real, literal, fire-breathing dragon" is only that and nothing else (that is, not simply a metaphor for some evil entity explained and described elsewhere in scripture) then this would be a Biblical first. Not likely.

I don't want to sound unkind, but it is not wise to form opinions about symbolic imagery in scripture from each passage in isolation from all others. Taken in toto, the Bible is quite clear about who the first "beast" is---the Antichrist, or anti-messiah, a person whom satan will use in one final attempt to seduce the world into error. The "dragon" is satan himself, who empowers this beast, and the second "beast" mentioned later is the Antichrist's colleague and front-man, known only as the "false prophet." That's not to say this human being, the Antichrist, will not be possessed by a demon released from the abyss (not a dragon, but a demon). Scriptural evidence elsewhere suggests that very thing---this demon may even inhabit his corpse, making it appear alive, although the mechanism for his "miraculous resurrection" is far from clear.

kp
Offline nagantmosin  
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:11:14 PM(UTC)
nagantmosin

According to Job 41 Leviathan is invincible to any weapons made by man. Only Yahuweh can slay him.

N

Edit: KP,

This is from my website, and I wrote it a while back, so I did not have you in mind when I wrote it, but it is a serious rebuttal of what you believe: that there are no "monsters" "dragons" or any other such creatures that are going to be given power on the earth.

Spiritualism and giving the Scriptures symbolic meaning, just because we do not have the faith to believe what the Scriptures says, is wrong.

Note: The beasts of Revelation are actually real creatures that you have not seen yet. Just because you have not seen them does not mean that they do not exist.
There is a real, literal, fire-breathing dragon that will be released from his prison in a few short years, in order to wage war against and annihiliate the set-apart ones. This may seem absurd to you, and impossible--which is why you and many others will be taken by surprise when this happens.

So you believe that there is no literal seven-headed creature described in Revelation 13, correct? Then are the following creatures described in Revelation 9 fictional or symbolic also? Please read this passage and tell me if these creatures released from the pit of the deep are fictional or not:

Rev 9:1 And the fifth messenger sounded, and I saw a star from the heaven which had fallen to the earth. And the key to the pit of the deep was given to it.
Rev 9:2 And he opened the pit of the deep, and smoke went up out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. And the sun was darkened, also the air, because of the smoke of the pit.
Rev 9:3 And out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth, and authority was given to them as the scorpions of the earth possess authority.
Rev 9:4 And it was said to them that they shall not harm the grass of the earth, or any green matter, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of Elohim upon their foreheads.
Rev 9:5 And it was given to them that they should not kill them, but to torture them for five months. And their torture was like the torture of a scorpion when it stings a man.
Rev 9:6 And in those days men shall seek death and shall not find it. And they shall long to die, but death shall flee from them.
Rev 9:7 And the locusts looked like horses prepared for battle, and on their heads were crowns like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.
Rev 9:8 And they had hair like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth.
Rev 9:9 And they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots of many horses running into battle.
Rev 9:10 And they have tails like scorpions, and stings. And in their tails is their authority to harm men five months.
Rev 9:11 And they have over them a sovereign, the messenger of the pit of the deep, whose name in Heḇrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apolluon.

If I follow your logic that you use when approaching the fictional characters or symbolism of Revelation 13, then the characters of Revelation 9 must also not exist:

1.) there is no pit of the deep in the earth, and no key to unlock it, and no messenger to unlock the pit

2.) the smoke from this pit that does not exist will not REALLY darken the sun

3.)the "locust" creatures don't REALLY come up out of the pit of the deep

4.) the locust creatures don't REALLY have the faces of men, hair of women, teeth of lions, bodies like horses and tails like scorpions. They are just fictional or symbolic.

5.) these locust creatures are not REALLY commanded by Elohim not to hurt the people that have the seal of Elohim on their foreheads.

6.) this seal of Elohim does not REALLY exist it is symbolic

7.) the locust creatures don't REALLY torture for five months the rest of mankind who do not have the seal of Elohim on their foreheads.

Thus it is all symbolic, and we are free to spiritualize it and make it say whatever we deem right. Do you see where this leads?

Favor and peace to you,

N
Offline gammafighter  
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 5:43:20 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Nagantmosin-
We understand that you believe what you say, but most of us are pretty certain that you are wrong. Many of the others have studied this a lot more than I have, so they can probably explain it to you best. We don't want you to feel like you are not welcome here, but it is our Scriptural obligation to rebuke you when we see you in error. Of course, I'm sure we will reexamine the facts in light of your understanding of the Scripture to determine if your interpretation is valid first.

I haven't looked at it very carefully since you brought it up, but one weakness I see in your argument is that there are times when YHWH will use symbols when the literal reality is technically possible. One example I can think of is another vision. In Daniel 8:5 :

Quote:
As I was considering, behold, a he-goat came from the west across the face of the whole earth without touching the ground, and the goat had a conspicuous and remarkable horn between his eyes.

Here, the goat symbolizes the Greek empire and the horn symbolizes Alexander the Great. The actual events in the verses that follow, revolving around such a goat, as far as we know, didn't literally happen. Much of the rest of Daniel 8 deals with animals symbolizing empires and people. It's not long, and once you realize how accurate it was, it's very interesting.
Here's a link to the chapter
http://bibleresources.bi...=Daniel+8&version=45
Here's a link to the Future History chapter that talks about this.
http://futurehistory.yad...sterms=goat%20ram#search

As others suggested, I suggest you check Future History (and other sources if you would like) and decide for yourself from there.
Offline nagantmosin  
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 8:49:24 PM(UTC)
nagantmosin

Shalom all,

Why would I want to read "Future History" to understand prophetic truth? Didn't Daniel say "interpretations belong to Elohim?" Do I need to agree to the contents of "Future History" to post on this forum so that I will not be censured?

I prefer to read, study and meditate on the Scriptures themselves, while utterly depending on Yahuweh to teach me the truth. I hope no one objects to this, for I think that it is a safe and reliable method for learning the truth about any given subject.

Nevertheless, out of curiosity I went to the website. I stopped reading after I read the christian "Rapture" teaching, with the "church" being raptured. Not true.

"God" was used interchangeably with Yahuweh also on the site, which is offensive to Him if you know better, for it is the pagan name of a heathen deity.

Based on the beliefs of some that I have read, there seems to be Christians on this forum? Any Natsarim/Yisraelites/Yahudim here?

Peace to all,

Chandler
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#28 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 10:19:13 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Although this is getting terribly off topic, this is a forum to primeraly discuss the writings found on YY and FH. That discussion can not take place if a person has not read what is written. We don't say you have to agree with it, actually we like trying to question it, but reading it would be able to show you where most of us are coming from.

The problem is, how most of us view what is written in Scripture is so much different than Christians its hard to sum up in a sentance, also we take scripture as a whole so its hard to explain something without writing an essay. So please do take the time to read it, because otherwise I think you will miss the point :)

- Rob
Offline kp  
#29 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 4:11:06 AM(UTC)
kp

Nag, by your seriously flawed logic, Yahweh doesn't use symbols or metaphors. You see "truth" as a literal reading of whatever's been said---and nothing more. (Actually, that's not quite right: your extrapolations on Revelation 13 are as ludicrous as they are unwarranted.) But let's take your philosophy to its logical conclusion. In Matthew 13, for example, you're saying Yahshua had no spiritual lessons to teach, but rather spoke only of (1) soil fertility, (2) weed eradication techniques, (3) avian infestations in herb crops, (4) how to make your bread rise, (5) treasure hunting, (6) buying and selling precious gems, (7) commercial fishing, and (8) how to be a successful packrat.

Let's get real here. In the same chapter, Yahshua explained that his use of Symbols and Metaphors was to introduce His followers to the truth while concealing those same truths from people who weren't prepared to accept it. He says, "It has been given to you [disciples] to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: ‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive; For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.’" (Matthew 13:11-15)

He was talking about you, I'm afraid. But it doesn't have to be that way. Please, my friend, open your eyes to the reality of Yahweh's symbols.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#30 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 6:26:37 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Nagantmosin,

Shalom from a person who believes himself to be a spiritual Yahudym. Most of my brothers and sisters here are gentiles, as I am, but there are actual descendants from the tribes of Yahuwdah and Benyahmin here. But that does not differ us. What unites us is important. The Set-Apart Spirit breathes in us and teaches us the key, important knowledge is in Scripture itself. We find that Scripture explains itself. The danger of letting a thought lead you in a particular direction may be fine... if it is not contradicted by Scripture. However, most of what you have mentioned here does not tally with Scripture and the consistency that is a characteristic of Yahweh who changes not.

Also, please do not mistake us for being counterfeits because you see some unScriptural words mentioned here. On the contrary, we are all here because we seek Truth, but not as we imagine it to be. When we were little children we used to dream and imagine fascinating things, but as we grew we realised them to be figments of the imagination. We learnt to discern. Some of us here are still babes in The Way and have some baggage. That's OK because we know that they will wean themselves off and move on to more solid stuff and reflect that in their thoughts and writings soon enough.

KP quoted exactly this point: that Truth is hidden, that those who diligently seek shall be given more Truth, and those that obey shall be guided. Out of the current Christian and Hebrew world numbering almost 2,000,000,000 people, I dare say that only a miniscule fraction really believe these words. We know for sure that Yahweh hid the Truth. We also know that He is willing to uncover Truth. Why? Even that is explained in the Scripture quoted above. But not many are even willing to acknowledge that the Truth has been hidden! Even though Scripture spells it out in no uncertain terms. So how do we know how to uncover Truth? The Set-Apart Spirit guides us to the critical keys found in Scripture itself! See, nothing really comes from us except the earnest desire to learn and obey... and even then...

As for dreams and their interpretations, we prefer to let Yahweh interpret them, as He does in Scripture. In Scripture, the Set-Apart Spirit helps us understand the things of Yahweh because the spirit of man is found to be wanting and most inadequate in these matters. If we run foul of this basic understanding, then we risk everything as almost anything and everything is up for personal interpretation with such a writing style. See how Nostradamus quatrains can means almost anything? This is how the schisms happened, even during Yahushua's time on earth and just not in the second till twenty first centuries. People moving with their own emotions and understanding cause problems, not just to themselves but to the others around them. So our Creator said to rely on Him to provide the keys, and we do well to follow this principle.

So stick around, Nagantmosin, and learn just as we do. But be prepared to unlearn first. Shalom!
Offline nagantmosin  
#31 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 6:56:29 AM(UTC)
nagantmosin

I agree with everything you said bitnet. Amein.

Favor and peace to you,

N

Edit:
kp wrote:
Nag, by your seriously flawed logic, Yahweh doesn't use symbols or metaphors. You see "truth" as a literal reading of whatever's been said---and nothing more. (Actually, that's not quite right: your extrapolations on Revelation 13 are as ludicrous as they are unwarranted.) But let's take your philosophy to its logical conclusion. In Matthew 13, for example, you're saying Yahshua had no spiritual lessons to teach, but rather spoke only of (1) soil fertility, (2) weed eradication techniques, (3) avian infestations in herb crops, (4) how to make your bread rise, (5) treasure hunting, (6) buying and selling precious gems, (7) commercial fishing, and (8) how to be a successful packrat.

Let's get real here. In the same chapter, Yahshua explained that his use of Symbols and Metaphors was to introduce His followers to the truth while concealing those same truths from people who weren't prepared to accept it. He says, "It has been given to you [disciples] to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: ‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive; For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.’" (Matthew 13:11-15)

He was talking about you, I'm afraid. But it doesn't have to be that way. Please, my friend, open your eyes to the reality of Yahweh's symbols.

kp

Shalom,

No, kp, I was discussing prophecy. I share the same understanding that you do concerning the parables of Messiah. The parables are told as allegories, for as you said, it is not given to everyone to understand them. Just to those whom Yahuweh chooses. To everyone else the parables are unintelligible.

Prophecy should be taken literally, unless it is explained in the context (such as Daniel 8), or expounded upon in some other place in Scripture. Revelation 11 and 13 are not explained, for the people, creatures and events in those chapters are literal. If most of Revelation is symbolic, as you say, then who is going to tell me what it represents? You? Me? The Pope (lol)?
Then I would be following the teachings of men, and not Elohim. Unless you think I should follow you? I am not being hateful, I am serious.

Seriously brothers and sisters, can we not discuss the teachings of Yahuweh with an open mind? My mind is open, as is my heart to you all in Messiah. But when I come across teachings (such as the "Rapture of the Church") that I know to be false, why should I read further? A little leaven leavens the whole lump. I shun these falsehoods like the plague, for I believed in such years ago. They destroy men's lives by giving them false hope. The Day of Yahuweh is near, and we may all very well be in it!

Let us all read the Scriptures, study, meditate, and most of all: cry out to Yahuweh for the truth daily!

I end this note with: Peace and favor to you all, in the love of YahuwehShua Messiah

Nagantmosin

I hope you all can remain peacable and loving to me. Shalom brothers.

Robskiwarrior wrote:
Although this is getting terribly off topic, this is a forum to primeraly discuss the writings found on YY and FH. That discussion can not take place if a person has not read what is written. We don't say you have to agree with it, actually we like trying to question it, but reading it would be able to show you where most of us are coming from.

The problem is, how most of us view what is written in Scripture is so much different than Christians its hard to sum up in a sentance, also we take scripture as a whole so its hard to explain something without writing an essay. So please do take the time to read it, because otherwise I think you will miss the point :)

- Rob

Shalom Rob,

You explained to me something that I did not know. I will read the rest of FH in the next week or so, though the whole Christian "Rapture of the church" bit really bothers me. However, I have a lot of patience and love in Messiah, as I see you do. Shalom to you. I look forward to our discussions.

N

nagantmosin wrote:
Rob,

Although Leviathan the 7-headed dragon is prolific in ancient history, I found that out AFTER I came to the understanding that He existed and is mentioned many times in the Scriptures, under several different names. Click on "Beast's Identities" at this website: (website link removed Topics that advocate false teachings and/or false teachers will be removed)

peace to you,

N

Edit: apologies for edit - Rob

Hmmmm. If false teachings are on the website that I posted, then prove them to be false. A fair challenge, unless someone that disagrees with you is automatically censured?

If some of you brothers were kings/sovereigns, and I was a subject in your nation, and I claimed to be a prophet and told you that a huge, undefeatable, 7-headed dragon that breathes fire was coming to the earth to dominate, destroy and rule over it.....what would happen to me? Publicly censured? A restraining order placed on me? Prison? Worse?

Or would you do what the Scripture says, and wait to see whether the prophecy happens or not?

Brothers, I encountered so many like some of you that were Christians, that did not have the love of Messiah in them. They "put up a front" that they were loving followers of the Saviour, but as soon as you disagreed and challenged something that they adamantly believed in, they seemed to turn into other creatures---and not nice creatures. You cannot imagine what I have seen from such people.

On a more positive note, I know that this does not concern all on this forum. I have met one or two that appear to have the love of Messiah in them.

If you do have the love of Messiah dwelling in you (this applies to all), then why not end your posts with something like Shaul wrote, then my heart would melt in love for you too in Messiah, even if we disagreed on small matters. It is not difficult to be kind and loving to each other, IF kindness and love is in our hearts. If it is not, then it cannot be hid.

How about:

Favor be with you

Peace be with you

The love of Messiah be with you,

Peace and favor be with you,

Yours in Messiah,

etc.

The favor and peace of Messiah YahuwehShua be with you all,

Nagantmosin
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#32 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 8:28:17 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

nagantmosin wrote:

Hmmmm. If false teachings are on the website that I posted, then prove them to be false. A fair challenge, unless someone that disagrees with you is automatically censured?

If some of you brothers were kings/sovereigns, and I was a subject in your nation, and I claimed to be a prophet and told you that a huge, undefeatable, 7-headed dragon that breathes fire was coming to the earth to dominate, destroy and rule over it.....what would happen to me? Publicly censured? A restraining order placed on me? Prison? Worse?

Or would you do what the Scripture says, and wait to see whether the prophecy happens or not?

Brothers, I encountered so many like some of you that were Christians, that did not have the love of Messiah in them. They "put up a front" that they were loving followers of the Saviour, but as soon as you disagreed and challenged something that they adamantly believed in, they seemed to turn into other creatures---and not nice creatures. You cannot imagine what I have seen from such people.

On a more positive note, I know that this does not concern all on this forum. I have met one or two that appear to have the love of Messiah in them.

If you do have the love of Messiah dwelling in you (this applies to all), then why not end your posts with something like Shaul wrote, then my heart would melt in love for you too in Messiah, even if we disagreed on small matters. It is not difficult to be kind and loving to each other, IF kindness and love is in our hearts. If it is not, then it cannot be hid.

How about:

Favor be with you

Peace be with you

The love of Messiah be with you,

Peace and favor be with you,

Yours in Messiah,

etc.

The favor and peace of Messiah YahuwehShua be with you all,

Nagantmosin

I do apologies for any way that I might have offended you. I am in no way defensive about what you believe, and I happily will accept any ideas or thoughts that you have on any subject. But as a forum that is linked with a specific site, ideas have to be given as ideas, and not as solid fact.

Myself, and I could safely speak for a good few members of the forum, would agree that being human, we are not right, and there is probably a error in our thinking somewhere - it is with that reasoning that we are able to constructively think as a body. KP (author of FH) and Yada (author of YY and POD) refreshingly take this stance too - and anything that needs to be brought up and challenged is happly done so.

I would say most of us differer in opinion on these forums, and we know how to be uncomfortable :-)

As for your site, I personally do not agree with the specifics about Rev, there is so much more that is not mentioned and is sooo important. I also believe like Ken, that its symbolistic - but not because thats what Christians believe, but because thats it seems to run :). So I am very happy to hear that you will be reading some of FH, thats great :) - YY is also a good one to have a dip into ;)

Thanks for your understanding!

- Rob
Offline bitnet  
#33 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 6:16:49 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello All,

It is clear that Nag has an opinion, and so do we. On some points we differ but that's not a real problem. I suppose how we discuss the issues is also important. Again, a key point for Nag to take note is that we are basically discussing YY and TOM here. PoD is discussed elsewhere. So it would behoove Nag to read those books to have a better grasp on what to discuss and debate here. His response thus far is positive in that he will read the information.

For us who have been here a while, I think we are mature enough to see passion and understand that there are some of the flock out there with ideas that may seem so radically different to ours. I think that we are capable of extending a little patience to peolpe like Nag. That said, we cannot tolerate teachings that are clearly in contrast with Scripture, and we do not have the time to go to each web site to refute all the false teachings out there. It is beyond measure! That is why we await the arrival of our Chief Rabbi who, with immeasurable power, can cut off all that is untrue.

What is truly important for us all is to understand the basic tenets of our Calling and find each other and extend the love that Yahushua beckons us to give to each other. I can safely say that there will be some of the Ekklesia who do not really know as much as there is in one chapter of TOM but who will be joining us because they have answered properly with their hearts, confessed Yahushua with their mouths, are willing to keep His commandments, and desire for His return to save all. Shalom!
Offline Heretic Steve  
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:25:43 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

What?!!! No fire breathin' dragon?!!! Gee, thanks KP. Now I'm really bummin'. There goes my chance to rescue the babe, er, I mean the damsel in distress. Had the ol' side by side Jed Clampett loaded for bear. Woulda made a nice mount for the den... Oh well, more 'n likely would have had the greenies wavin' their plastic spoons around and hammerin' on their high chair tray if I'd Cheney'd the dragon. Probably an endangered species. Guess I'm gonna have to take the more conventional route and sign up for E-harmony.com.
Offline bitnet  
#35 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:05:34 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Yo Steve,

If it makes you happy, I was told of a photograph taken in east Malaysia by a group of fishermen -- about eight -- who posed with a strange creature they caught, Apparently it was more than 20 feet long and looked just like the mythical Eastern dragon! Thing is... it had only one head, was found in the sea and could not fly. So my friend reckons perhaps there may be more anomalies out there and who knows... the big 7-headed flyin', fire-breathin' dragon may still come out of the East! If I do get that photo I will surely post it here, so 'ang on ta ya Jed Clampett...