logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:06:42 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Here is an article about the latest from pope francis: http://www.independent.c...o-to-heaven-8810062.html

Exert:

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

While the article is interesting on it's own, the comments section is a gold mine. For instance, I learned that the 10 Commandments are of no importance, the only thing that matters is faith in jesus christ. That statement must be true because it got 26 likes BigGrin
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:49:34 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
The blind leading the deaf, dumb and blind.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
thanks 1 user thanked James for this useful post.
Fred Snell on 12/22/2016(UTC)
Offline Stewart James  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 2:08:55 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Wow, the Pope knows everything about God and who he will, or will not forgive!

To speak so brazenly as if he knows all is giving everyone the wrong impression!

Perhaps he will also say the God will forgive all the Pedophiles and Gay's in his RC church because they are following their conscience?

Many Church going people who are misled, but nevertheless genuine may not be fogiven (not for me to say), let alone those who deliberately spurn the word of God and follow their own perverted conscience!

No man can tell you what God will do, but search for the answer in God's own word, then each person can decide what they will do with their lives! Nothing like the truth exists in the RC church!

Yes, I would trust the Pope only as far as I could throw him!

Edited by user Monday, August 21, 2017 11:02:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: couple of typos and added text

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Bubsy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:44:23 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I think you've kind of intuitively figured out for yourself that there are three possible destinies for one's soul, not just the two most religions talk about (eternal life, a.k.a. Heaven, and eternal separation, a.k.a. Hell). A soul could also be annihilated and cease to exist entirely and have neither eternal destiny. The eternal life is for those in Yahowah's Covenant Family. Eternal separation is for those who knowingly and on an ongoing basis mislead others away from the path to knowing Yahowah and engaging in His Covenant, at a minimum. Promoting on an ongoing basis religious schemes, political schemes, economic exploitation schemes, and militaristic schemes could be considered part of habitually misleading others away from God, or in addition to it. Yada has pointed out that this means many in the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church will be condemned to eternal separation, including most if not all Popes. Those who are neither part of Yahowah's Covenant Family, nor allied themselves with The Adversary, would simply cease to exist. So at least with regard to your own soul's destiny, it's not hard to figure out what God will (most likely) do.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.