logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Glitch  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:17:14 PM(UTC)
Glitch

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Please forgive an elementary question in a forum obviously representing avid seekers of understanding. Here is what I am struggling with. The Torah lays out the path to eternal life in which Yisrael and others who were circumcised could be adopted into. What is the purpose then of Yahowsha's sacrifice? Is it because when Yahowah cut Himself off from His chosen people, there was no covenant agreement with the other nations and peoples? Thanks.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 1:29:05 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
never be afraid to ask a question even if you think it may be obvious, read some of my posts when I first joined this forum.

I would say the answer is that Yahowah laid out His plan in the Towrah, but is is a plan that we can not fulfill, only He can. For pesach we are to take a perfect, unblemished lamb from our flock. Is there such thing as a perfect lamb? If there is is there a guarantee that every flock would have one? You could take the best lamb from your flock, but what if all of your lambs were speckled in some way? The lamb at pesach relates back to the lamb that was given when Abraham was going to offer Issac, the message of that story was that Yahowah provided what was needed to precipitate the covenant. The same is true with pesach, Yah told us what to look for, and then He provided it.

Yah's message is that we can precipitate the covenant, only He can. We can choose to benefit from it. Yah's pesach instructions were meant to teach us, not as a list of rules to be followed in order to be saved, by following the instructions we come to understand Yah's plan, and once we understand it we can agree to it and trust it.

I hope this helps.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Sarah  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:52:54 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think the Glitch's question is:

If salvation exists in the Torah and for the people who lived before the coming of the Ma'aseyah, then what is the purpose of the Ma'aseyah's sacrifice? Correct?

I would say that Yahowah's salvation exists for all people because: 1) Yahowah cut His singular Covenant with Abraham saying it was for "people of all races and places", and

2) He said: "The Lamb has been slain 'FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.'" I assume that means salvation is available/applicable in all time periods because Yahowah purposed/planned it from the beginning of creation.

Therefore, there is no 'before the 'cross' nor 'on this side of the cross' theology. Unsure
Offline Glitch  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:49:52 AM(UTC)
Glitch

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
That was it Sarah, you got the gist of my question, and many thanks for all the contributions. Taken together, both your and James' answer speak to the perfection of Yahowah's plan. If we had to make atonement for sin in the same way ancient Yisra'el did, I suppose we'd be accused of contributing to global warming with all the smoke we'd have to generate!