logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shohn  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2007 1:05:13 PM(UTC)
shohn

Thought I'd start a discussion on the top 10 fulfilled prophecies - you know, the ones that send shivers up your spine at the stunning accuracy.

I think Dan 9:25 is up near the top somewhere.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2007 9:43:05 AM(UTC)
kp

One of my personal favorites is the geneology of Yahshua. It's kinda complicated, with bits and pieces spread out over the whole Tanach, but the upshot is that He had to be a physical descendant of Abraham, then Judah, then King David, and a legal descendant of Solomon. Problem was, Jeconiah (in Solomon's line) got his sorry bloodline disqualified, making the prophecies more or less impossible. Not a problem (for Yahweh), though. All we need is a virgin in the line of David to bear the promised Son of Man, but she's gotta be betrothed to somebody in Solomon's line---can't be married yet, she has to be a virgin; but she has to be engaged, so her Son would be adopted (thus gaining legal status) into Solomon's bloodline without running afoul of the curse of Jeconiah. Then he'd have to be born at a time when the geneological records for Jewish families were still intact and available---which de facto pins us down to sometime before 70 AD.

It happened just like that. Surprise, surprise. Yahshua was born of a virgin, Mary, of the line of David through his son Nathan. Her betrothed fiance, Joseph, was a descendant of David through Solomon (and Jeconiah). Yahshua entered this world on the Feast of Tabernacles, 2 BC (beating the deadline by 71 years), and before he was out of His teens, the "Scepter passed from Judah" (as required in Genesis 49:10) when the Romans revoked the right of the Jewish government to carry out capital punishment. Now I ask you: how many people ever met those prophetic requirements?

But for the record, I'm with you, Shohn---the seventy weeks prophecy is hard to top.

kp
Offline Joseph  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:43:43 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

what a fascinating topic, shohn! Of course the most amazing aspect of prophesy is the overall breadth, scope, and accuracy. The cumulative testimony of fulfilled prophesy is the most impressive aspect.

That said, I'd like to offer the many prophecies that tell the historical story of the Jewish people as a worthy candidate seeing as how Ken has already offered the amazing Messianic prophecies. I know that in proposing the story of the Jewish people, I've not succeeded in whittling it down to one prophesy, but like Ken, I have managed to remain within the confines of one theme.

This story is central to Yahweh's redemptive plan and as we have witnessed its fulfillment with the establishment of the state of Israel against all odds, it is also particularly relevant as a useful witness tool in these final days. I could probably find a better word than fulfillment as Israel and the Jews will continue to play a major role - fulfilling prophecy all the way to the end - in the climax of the story of man
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:08:47 AM(UTC)
kp

I agree, Joseph. The fun thing about "Israel-restoration" prophecies is that we're seeing them come to pass before our very eyes. We're half way through seeing Ezekiel's vision of the Dry Bones come to pass, for example. One of the big epiphanies for me in researching Future History was the sheer volume of prophetic material on this subject. I'll bet there are ten times as many predictions of how/when/why Israel will be restored than on any other prophetic topic.

kp