logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Brimstone  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 10:02:58 AM(UTC)
Brimstone

I just recently discovered Yah after coming out of both Mormonism and then Christianity. Since we have already missed all of the spring feasts this year, do we start with the Feast of Trumpets or do we need to wait and start with Passover?
Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 8:34:28 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
As I mentioned in my reply to your email, my personal opinion (which is worth nothing) is that you just merge onto the Interstate to Life right where you're at. Thank you for bringing this to the forum as I suggested. The people here love Yahowah and you'll get some sound advice.

By the way, my best friend in grade school back in Dallas in the late 50's was a Mormon boy whose family moved away to Salt Lake City. I just learned a couple of weeks ago that he's still alive and kicking. He's even written a couple of historical books for the LDS organization. Once I gave him the address to my web site he was no longer interested in staying in touch. Be ready for that reaction from other Mormons, sis.

Richard
Offline pilgrimhere  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:02:57 PM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Welcome!

I agree that you should definitely experience the pleasure of Yah’s Torah from the moment you understand that Torah is indeed a pleasure. Don’t miss out on the coming festivals. They are not a process of independent steps that must be celebrated at the starting point of Pesach. The seven comprise a commemorative and prophetic path that as a whole, provide a means for us to approach Yahowah, our Daddy. In recognizing Yah and choosing to reflect His desires with your decisions and actions, you receive the benefits of the covenant relationship; you identify yourself as His child. And now that you’re family, join in the celebration! I would not place a child I had adopted outside while I celebrated a feast with his/her new family inside because I was waiting for some paperwork to be delivered that would make the adoption “official”. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.

Well, that’s how I look at it anyway.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 2:04:17 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
For what it's worth I agree. Jump right in and start celebrating. It'll probably take you a few years of celebrating the feast to figure out how you want to do it anyways. You can benefit from Pesach without ever living to celebrate one as long as you come to understand it. Enjoy the upcoming miqra and celebrate Pesach when it rolls around next year.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 6:14:20 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was first introduced to yadayah just a year ago! I had been celebrating the feasts for 20 years, kinda on my own, as best i could figure it out, teaching my children as i went along. I homeschooled my 5. I felt like I had a pretty good grip on the spring feasts..afterall, they were fulfilled. But truly, I had no insights into the fall feasts. Plus, they came in the fall when I was busy getting the school year off to a good start and it was always awkward to now stop and take time off to do feasts...so it was 'the once over lightly'...we'd take the day(s) off and read some scripture, but not with any real understanding or blessing. So I said something along these lines just last year on facebook and someone referred me to yadayah. I jumped right in and read about Yom Teruah all day long, on that day. I was SO BLESSED - 'the eyes of my understanding were opened'...it whetted my appetite for more! It took me the longest time to figure out my way around the website, MONTHS before I could figure out how to print out the books. But it's been well worth it. I'm on my way now...so all of this to encourage you to jump right in! you may not 'get' it all, but you'll get enough so that you'll be encouraged to keep on. btw...this is my first time on the forum! yeah, I'm an old lady (60) and it takes me awhile to learn new tricks.

'
Offline Smoda  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 11:59:35 AM(UTC)
Smoda
Woman

Welcome! ~happygigglewiggledance!~

Oh you're just gonna EAT it up it's soooo good!!

There's radio shows too.
blogtalkradio.com/yada
Shattering Myths at gcnlive.com
So fun! :-)
please be patient with me while I try to figure this out....