logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline visitor  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:51:00 AM(UTC)
visitor

I need a little clarification on a couple of things. In chapter 4 or 5 (old 5, new one still in progress), I can’t remember which right now, you stated that Yahweh did not institute any kind of religion and that He did not want us to worship Him. If so, why then did He institute the moedim and the rituals that were done in the tabernacle/temple? Also, doesn’t it say somewhere in the old covenant something about us worshipping Him? Get back to me when you can, there’s no hurry.

Offline YY  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:56:32 AM(UTC)
YY
Man

I have written extensively about these things. One whole chapter is based exclusively on the idea that God doesn't want to be worshiped--Yesha. The Miqra aren't rituals but instead prophetic pictures that date and display our redemption. I have two of the three Miqra chapters posted and another 4 posted on their fulfillment, so you'll have no problem finding the answer to the "religious ritual" question. I cover worship when it comes up in the Messianic salvation chapters. All of the references to worship in the OC are actually bowing down in submission. Those who do are those who are being judged--thus those who are not His family. Every reference to praise is actually radiating Yahuweh's light, so there just isn't anything religious or worshipful in His Word.

-YY
Offline visitor  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:58:56 AM(UTC)
visitor

Did I read these chapters yet? I don’t think so because I’m sure I would have remembered, but then again, my memory isn’t as good as it used to be. If not, then I apologize for getting ahead of myself and you. Perhaps I should wait until I’m finished with the books, maybe writing down questions as I go along to see if they’re answered and if not then write. There’s so much to absorb and my ability to retain information has diminished since I was younger. I think it quite possible that I will have to go back and re-read once I’m finished in order to get everything out of it that I need. I usually highlight those sentences or paragraphs that are particularly enlightening and sometimes I find myself highlighting virtually a whole page! Sometimes I read passages that make me just want to jump up, run out and shake the whole world by the collar screaming “are you blind??!!!!” I have read many books but never one that has been so profound or so life changing as Yada Yahweh.

Offline YY  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:55:06 AM(UTC)
YY
Man

None of the Levitical practices you are questioning were for the people themselves to perform so they cannot be considered religious ritual. Yahweh doesn’t want us doing anything ourselves related to our salvation. The Levites served as Yah’s representatives and the things they were asked to do all foreshadowed what Yah was going to do.

Yahweh’s instructions regarding what He wanted done, how he wanted it done, by whom, and when, are all prophetic pictures detailing aspects of His plan of salvation. When understood, they speak of relationship.

Religious rituals are all designed to stupefy and subdue the masses, not the practitioners. So these are the opposite of religious rituals. These procedures weren’t part of anything performed by the people, but instead by Yah’s representatives, the Levites.