logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heretic Steve  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2007 11:21:07 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

YY mentions that Hitler was a jew and thus his motivation for trashing the Austrian National archives first thing out of the chute.
John Toland touched on this in his biography of Hitler but stopped short of saying that Hitler was actually jewish.
What source does YY use to verify that Hitler was jewish.
TIA
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline J&M  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2007 4:40:27 AM(UTC)
J&M

Adolf is reputed to have had a Jewish Grandmother - the details are in an undergraduate history book "Hitler: a study in tyranny" (Bullock), I will post further details when I get home and look it up.
Offline J&M  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2007 7:23:44 AM(UTC)
J&M

Got the book now -page 24 (penguin edition)Alois Hitler was the illegitimate son of Maria Anna Schickellgruber from a presumed liason with one Johann Georg Heidler. They later married.

Alois was Adolf's father and speculation is that Johann Heidler was Jewish but it cannot be proven one way or the other.

The illegitimacy was an embarassment to the family and church records were altered to try yo cover this....
Offline shohn  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2007 6:38:04 PM(UTC)
shohn

Okay, maybe slightly off - topic, but why not.

I recall reading somewhere that Nostradamus was said to have missed the name Hitler by the letter S, - this may have had something to do with language barriers, but anyway, supposedly he predicted the arrival of Hitler. Now no big deal with that part, but I once had a pastor tell me that Nostradamus actually predicted this stuff by just plagiarizing stuff, that is, somehow being able to understand some of the prophecies -but not attributing the source to the scriptures. Anybody ever heard anything like this or should this be filed under fools and folly?

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2007 6:27:18 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Shohn,

I would certainly label anything dealing with Nostradamus as foolish. From wikipedia,
Quote:
In contrast, most of the academic sources listed below maintain that the associations made between world events and Nostradamus' quatrains are largely the result of misinterpretations or mistranslations (sometimes deliberate) or else are so tenuous as to render them useless as evidence of any genuine predictive power. Moreover, none of the sources listed offers any evidence that anyone has ever interpreted any of Nostradamus' quatrains specifically enough to allow a clear identification of any event in advance.[1]

Basically, the academic sources are saying that he didn't predict anything, people just interpret things to fit what the want after the fact. Anyone can do that when you write things generally without dates and reference points. I could write a book of prophecies, and after hundreds of years, I'm sure that people could interpret what I say to fit what they want it to.

Offline Heretic Steve  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 9:42:24 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Thanks for the reply, J&M. Your source is insync with Toland. Imagine 10,000 storm troopers being reviewed by Der Fuhrer, raising a snappy salute and shouting "Heil Schickellgruber". Hahahahaha.....

shohn, I would'nt give Nostra credibility. Since he had no access to future info, the best he could do was prognosticate. Albeit he did so cleverly and was apparently well informed as to geopolitical events.

Personally, I prefer scriptural criteria as to what makes a prophet. Does what the prophet have to say amplify/further Yah's word and are the prophecies perfect? Predictions via the Jean Dixon types such as those concerning celebrities, political figures, athletic events, etc., are rubbish and no more accurate than guessing. These types are frauds and have as much of a clue as the Witch of Endor. If you recollect, when a real apparition appeared, she bailed. Apparently she was scared witless as that was the last thing she was expecting and actually it's likely that the prospect of an actual appearance had never occurred to her. She, just as all the others, merely played the role for money.
If not us, who? If not now, when?