logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heretic Steve  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:51:08 PM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Hello, been reading/studying YY for around a year and was delighted to see this forum. I've been off line for a spell and stopped at the library to print any new additions to YY when I noticed the forum. Very cool...
I've got some questions, but first a funny story, (well at least I think it's funny). I attended a family reunion, (actually a semi-reunion of some local family members and a few out of towners), recently held at a local buffet/a.y.c.e. place. My family are all hard core/life long Nazarenes. During the meal I began telling them about YY and the pagan roots/Constantinian origins of the christian religion. My presentation did not go over very well, kinda like a you know what floatin' around in a punch bowl at the Sunday school picnic. Apparently the proprietors of the eating establishment were not impressed either, at least not favorably. Actually "not impressed" is a bit of an understatement. They were actually very indignant/angry and told, (not asked), me to leave. They explained that my talking had been overheard by other patrons who were very offended. They, (the "other patrons"), complained and the management had listened and they too were also very offended. So I got the boot.
The name of this eating establishment? It was Ernest Angley's buffet, (located right next to the Grace Cathedral, formerly known as the "Cathedral of Tomorrow" which was built by Rex Humbard who died last week).
It's actually a very good place to eat. Great service, food, price. So it looks like I'll have to watch what I say if I want to eat there again.

Anyway, here's the ques. Were Adam and his wife, (forgot how to spell her name), evolved beings or were they created separately from the conscienceless humanoid type creatures who evolved as dna partitioned while the environment became more user friendly/conducive to more sophisticated life forms? In other words, were they up and about running around outside of Eden like all the rest before they recieved their nesamah or were they a special creation? Or, have I completely misread the whole creation scenario?

Btw, I praise and thank Yahuweh for enabling Yada and KP to convey the truth. Yada and KP, I commend you for your obedience and thank you for your thesis/books.
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:43:14 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome Heretic Steve :D a great name :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 3:57:31 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Welcome to the forum Heretic Steve. Both sides of my family are all life long Nazarenes as well, my grandfather was even a Nazarene preacher all of his life, and I'm currently still going to a Nazarene church (you can read about that fiasco in the "Leaving Church:(" topic). I commend you for the courage to confront all of them at once out in a public place. Good for you. I couldn't. It's one on one for me. I've been talking with my mom a little on the phone, but she usually gets quite and that is it. Next month she will be visiting me, so I'm sure I can have some conversations with her. At the very least, I'll be able to sit her on the computer and tell her to read.

As far as your question goes, I'll leave that for someone a bit more knowledgeable to answer.
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:20:34 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Greetings Heretic Steve and welcome to the forum. Aside from my unfamiliarilty with the Nazerenes I share Icy's sentiments. I too prefer to share what I've learned in ones of twos. Frequently I'll start by asking questions intended to inspire thought such as when we speak of the signifigence of calling upon the name of "the LORD" what name does God provide in His Scriptures for Himself? Since it is important in the Scriptures shouldn't that name be important to us?

I've had only marginal success teaching / debating big chunks of what I've learned, and find when people are intrigued by such questions and start searching for such answers, it often causes people to consider for themselves and are more open to considering new information.

To address your questions, have you re-read the Eden and Nesamah chapters? If I understand Yada correctly, Adam was taken from outside of the protected garden and brought their and provided his nesamah/conscience - ability to distinguish right from wrong and relate with Yahuweh's or the Advesaries spirit. While Adam was the first such person, not the first humanoid, he may have been genetically realted to and phyiscally descended from other humanoid's not equipped with Nesamah that dwelt outside of the garden.

As for Chawah, Adam's wife, it seems she was a special creation made form Adam's genetic material. An alternative I suppose would be providing a existing genetically related female humanoid with a nesamah as with Adam, however I did not read this in the chapter.

I hope that I addressed your question and am curious what others took from these chapters on this question.