logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 1:52:37 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Serious question - are you having fun enjoying your ever developing relationship with Yahowah? I ask in all seriousness. As I read through topics about the Feasts, as I review pages and groups on social networking sites, I just haven't been seeing joy. Does this make sense? It seems everyone is so serious. No talk of making matzah, no happy dances from translating a verse all on one's own, no expressive excitement about a potential new revelation (or not - LOL). I have seen lots of fighting, no so much here on YY, but definitely on social networking. Everyone fighting about exactly "what" day a Feast starts or ends, fighting about what can and cannot be done on the sabbath, fighting about what to eat and what to abstain from. It's almost like a wave of legalism is trying to flood through the gates of those that are all trying to know Yahowah.

I guess because I am a very protective, but laid back parent - those are the attributes I give to Yahowah. I really don't see Him being hard on people that are trying to walk in His ways, to keep His instructions. He knows I don't live in Israel and can't sight the new moon in Jerusalem. He knows my goal is to be there at the Feast, "on time", but I don't see Him refusing to meet with me because to clock I was using ran a bit fast or slow. I can't see Him taking pleasure in my misery as I try too hard not to "work" on the Sabbath. I am definitely not about to spend my precious time here on earth trying to determine if someone else is resting "just right".

I never understood how the rabbi's grabbed power, now I do. I am sure they started with debates that turned to decrees and judgements. I have just been so surprised lately. I mean, I am so happy to be out of the chains of religious oppression I am not about to shackle myself to anyone, whether they be friend or foe. What the heck is going on in the "land of freedom"? It was a pleasure finding so many others all over the web that were finding out the truth of Yahowah, but I am almost ready to go back into my cave.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good debate! But, what I don't love is people heaping guilt on others and trying to put forth the notion that they alone know how to please Dad. YY is becoming my one place of refuge, but there is a catch - not many people are talking here!

So, back to my original question - is anyone having fun? Anyone learn something new? Anyone do something interesting? I honestly can't imagine Yahowah envisioned His Feasts to be boring encounters similar to mandatory training at some corporate headquarters. These are parties, right? We are having a BBQ, sitting around talking about our grand future ahead as well as our increases and accomplishments thus far - in this life, right here. We left Egypt, we answered the call, we aren't perfect, and although we strive to be ever more pleasing - we will at times get it wrong, and that is okay.

But, we didn't leave bondage to put ourselves back into it. We didn't gather our things and answer the call only to act as if we are confined to some monastery where we can only think perfect thoughts and perform perfect rituals. Yahowah wants a family, a family of quirky kids with their own personalities, their own unique things that make our entire family more fun and interesting. All 3 of my children drive me batty at times, but I would part heaven and earth for each of them. Now that I have them, I can't imagine a world without them. They are my motivation and I would create any world for them - I can't help but imagine that is how Yahowah feels about you and me. We drive Him batty, but He loves us so. Our quirks, our humor, or ideas, our questions - we are His kids. He could have created robots, but He didn't. Out of billions and billions of people He gets these few and He set up a plan what Mom would cover those things we just can't seem to get get right. I am looking at my kids right now, and smiling, and happy, and I am so excited to be a mother to each of them. I know their personalities, their strengths and the weaknesses. I like them all. I don't want them all to be exactly the same, I like the variety. I like to see them laugh and play together, the way family should. When they try to "discipline" each other I step in and remind them that I am the momma, and sometimes my "discipline" is to place the offender on my lap, tell them I love them, and explain to them how to get it right the next time. Their joy brings me joy, I like them. I think Yahowah likes me and you. So again, are you having fun?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:24:42 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
dajstill wrote:
Serious question - are you having fun enjoying your ever developing relationship with Yahowah? I ask in all seriousness. As I read through topics about the Feasts, as I review pages and groups on social networking sites, I just haven't been seeing joy. Does this make sense? It seems everyone is so serious. No talk of making matzah, no happy dances from translating a verse all on one's own, no expressive excitement about a potential new revelation (or not - LOL). I have seen lots of fighting, no so much here on YY, but definitely on social networking. Everyone fighting about exactly "what" day a Feast starts or ends, fighting about what can and cannot be done on the sabbath, fighting about what to eat and what to abstain from. It's almost like a wave of legalism is trying to flood through the gates of those that are all trying to know Yahowah.

I am absolutely having fun. That may or may not come across in my posts, I’m not very expressive. You should join in the skype chat we have had whole discussions on recipes, how we cook our lamb, and what we like to do for the festivals.

As for doing the happy dance and being excited after translating a verse and coming across something new or reaffirming my wife will attest to the fact that I do indeed have a happy dance and will bombard her the second she walks in the door with, “Check this out, you have to see this, I can’t believe I missed it before….” I don’t however tend to have that same tone when posting on the forum because the nature of the media makes it a little hard to do and I usually put it in terms of, “Hey what do you guys think of this…”

As for dating the feast Chuck and I had a long, two or three day, discussion on it where we started off disagreeing a lot and came to agree more and more with some differences still being there, but it was not an argument. Quite the opposite I enjoyed it thoroughly. I love having intelligent, reasoned and rational discussions with someone I disagree with. To me that is part of the fun is discussing Yah’s word with people I respect who I differ with, it’s a huge part of the reason I joined the forum in the first place. Discussion is fun and enlightening, fighting is tiresome and annoying, I like to stick within the realm of the first one.

As for the what to do or don’t do on the Sabbath, what to eat and what not to eat I try to avoid those discussions like the plague because they do to me tend to become fights. I have my way of observing these and some will agree some will disagree. Unlike timing of the feast where I think there are subtle insights to be gained from studying the timing, which is why I enjoyed the conversation so much, I don’t see any insights to be gained on what we think we should or shouldn’t do on the Sabbath or what we think we should or shouldn’t eat. To me that is the dividing line, will the conversation potentially give me greater insight into Yah’s word.

dajstil wrote:
I guess because I am a very protective, but laid back parent - those are the attributes I give to Yahowah. I really don't see Him being hard on people that are trying to walk in His ways, to keep His instructions. He knows I don't live in Israel and can't sight the new moon in Jerusalem. He knows my goal is to be there at the Feast, "on time", but I don't see Him refusing to meet with me because to clock I was using ran a bit fast or slow. I can't see Him taking pleasure in my misery as I try too hard not to "work" on the Sabbath. I am definitely not about to spend my precious time here on earth trying to determine if someone else is resting "just right".

Well said. I have a jewish friend and he was telling me all the stuff they are not supposed to do on the Sabbath, and my reply was that it sounds like they are working awfully hard at not working.

dajstill wrote:
I never understood how the rabbi's grabbed power, now I do. I am sure they started with debates that turned to decrees and judgements. I have just been so surprised lately. I mean, I am so happy to be out of the chains of religious oppression I am not about to shackle myself to anyone, whether they be friend or foe. What the heck is going on in the "land of freedom"? It was a pleasure finding so many others all over the web that were finding out the truth of Yahowah, but I am almost ready to go back into my cave.

I don’t know if you know it or not, but the Talmud is literally just that a series of rabbinic debates on the Towrah.

I hope you do not choose to go back into your cave, I know a lot of people have found your contributions here to be of great help.

dajstill wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love a good debate! But, what I don't love is people heaping guilt on others and trying to put forth the notion that they alone know how to please Dad. YY is becoming my one place of refuge, but there is a catch - not many people are talking here!

That’s the difference between debate and fighting. Debate is reasoned and rational discussion, fighting is way too emotional.

I’ve been on the forum for some time now and it always seems to ebb and flow, we will go through periods of very little posting and then something will come up that sparks everyone’s interest and it’s busy again. Personally I haven’t had the time lately to sit down and get a lot of translating done so I haven’t had a whole lot to contribute.

dajstil wrote:
So, back to my original question - is anyone having fun? Anyone learn something new? Anyone do something interesting? I honestly can't imagine Yahowah envisioned His Feasts to be boring encounters similar to mandatory training at some corporate headquarters. These are parties, right? We are having a BBQ, sitting around talking about our grand future ahead as well as our increases and accomplishments thus far - in this life, right here. We left Egypt, we answered the call, we aren't perfect, and although we strive to be ever more pleasing - we will at times get it wrong, and that is okay.

We were fortunate enough to have several forum members over for Pesach this year, and grilled up a leg of lamb and some lamb shanks had some wine and enjoyed the night, discussion varied from personal to Scriptural and we all had a great time. I love Pesach every year for this reason.

Thinking this year for Shabuwah I am going to throw out an open invitation to anyone who wants to make the drive, and have a big backyard BBQ.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:21:48 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Dajstill, one of the reasons - in fact, the main reason - I no longer participate on the social media sites is because they're just too noisy. So many people congregate there, and a huge number of them imagine they have a huge volume of worthwhile information and opinions to "share". With all the back-and-forth going on there, who is actually taking the time required to study Yahowah's Word? There is no joy because there is no Life. There is no Life because Life comes from Yahowah through His Word, not from endless bantering/discussion/call-it-what-you-will.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Richard
Offline runningirl21  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:48:02 PM(UTC)
runningirl21

Daj,
I am certainly guilty of not reciprocating back to the forum all that I get from it. As I'm wading through ITG and YY, I turn to the forum to see how others are processing this information, which is so helpful as a newbie, fresh from Babylon. Your posts, especially, inspire me with your intelligence, wit and insight. Your loving response to the person who missed Pesach almost brought me to tears-- you "get it" --what an experience with our Dad is supposed to feel like. It's just too easy to turn the power of thinking for ourselves over to someone who claims they have this authority that we trade the joy of participating with Yah for the shackles of doing it "right" by man's standards.

As for the lack of discourse, for me, the forum is extremely intimidating-- I feel like an elementary kid surrounded by a bunch of PhDs. There are some amazing scholars here! I truly want to take part in the discussions, but don't feel my ideas are developed enough to merit the attention of the forum yet. But, the responsibility is mine to continue building my knowledge.

I know you've put yourself out there and just wanted to thank you for being a real leader in this group. Your YY for Littles has been terrific for those of us with kids. Please don't go into your cave. You may not see the seeds of joy you are cultivating, but there are definintely flowers blooming from your efforts.

Offline tagim  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:59:43 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

daj, runninggirl is spot on. I, too, have been struck with the same bug, it's called non-participation. I did for a while participate, still full of the excitement of having found such a wonderful site. But then i did what i usually do, sit back and let those of greater knowledge do all the work, and they still do, day after day, year after year. Compared to me and many, many more members, daj is a newcomer. For you daj, it's too late. this board, i for one, would hound you out of that cave. Sadly, i have been guilty of not giving back and hiding in my cave. I have not given back as much as i get from this board. that is the attitude of most of us, and intimidation could be a part of it. but this board is not that way. This board is truthful. it has its leaders and its followers. We all know this board is the best; it would be nice if we could all give back as much as we receive.
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:59:59 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
runningirl21 wrote:

As for the lack of discourse, for me, the forum is extremely intimidating-- I feel like an elementary kid surrounded by a bunch of PhDs. There are some amazing scholars here! I truly want to take part in the discussions, but don't feel my ideas are developed enough to merit the attention of the forum yet.

My wife feels this same way which combined with lack of free time is why she doesn't post here a whole lot. I keep telling her not to feel intimidated, we learn by discussion and questioning. If you were to go look through the forum archives about 5-6 years ago when I first came here you would probably think I was an idiot with all the "stupid" questions I asked, but it helped me learn so I am glad I asked them. So please don't feel intimidated, we are all here to learn together.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline FredSnell  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:19:37 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The few times we have had the oppurtunity to join you guys in Yahs festivals, it was a joyful celebration. Last Passover was really fun, JB. And you are a pretty good chef I might add. The drive from Houston once we get past Huntsville is nice and we look forward to your next invitation, if you can stand me. My wife's a joy to be around, while it takes me a few sips to loosen up..) Thanks!
Offline dajstill  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:24:39 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks guys, love your replies. I was honestly wondering if folks were "enjoying" their walk. It seems to much focus on getting things "right". I don't dislike questions, I love them. I don't dislike debate, love it as well. But I sometimes wonder if getting lost in the "right" and "debate" is the enjoyment of the path itself. It was nice to see people post on what they do during the Feasts - not for judgement, but to see how my fellow siblings are enjoying time with Yahowah. Sometimes in the exchange of ideas, new things are sparked in me.
It's nice to see people post new words they have encountered, possible alternative translations, even how they spent their sabbath.

I quite enjoy the things that I do with my family, but we are the only ones we know personally on this journey. I am friends with many sabbath keepers, but they are mostly Adventist. So, while it is nice to have others for my kids to play with that also honor the sabbath, follow a torah based diet, and shy away from pagan holidays, they still are on this particular path. So few enjoy the Feasts without religious trappings that I enjoy hearing from others.

Again, the legalism I see isn't coming from this site. However, this site is really one of the few places I have found that isn't turning into yet another religion with rules, rabbis, and judges to determine if one is doing it "right". There are many lurkers and that is fine. But, if we all lurk there will soon be nothing to read. When people go searching there will be nothing to find. My journey has been helped a ton by what I have learned from others. However, when I look at some of the things available today, I don't know if I would have ended up in the place I am now. There are a lot of voices out there today, calling for less freedom and more conforming. More people spouting they "know" things they are not showing they studied from themselves. I guess my concern is to not let the path to freedom become cloudy with mini Pauls in the making, misquoting "scripture" and putting rules on those who are seeking without a balanced voice.

I don't think we each need to have our own site or blog or such; but maybe just posting our Feast experiences, our questions, new things we have learned, and ideas we would like to bounce off of others might be nice.

Thanks again everyone!

Offline cgb2  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:55:28 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I thoroughly enjoy your posts Daj. Addressed to both adult audiences and littles. The littles I hope to do with grandkids, but also the ideas of simplification of presenting to adults too for this engineer type who easily slips into too much detail so message gets lost. Some of the insights are incredible, a quantum leap in understanding for somewhat of a newbie who obviously has spent a huge amount of time in seeking and studies. Thanks for sharing that.

In my search/verification over the last +3 years of other sites, I've found a very strong correlation to legalism and religious merchants and thier supporters. Almost to the point of if there is so much as a donate button....it's "follow my authority, I speak for gawd, and gimme money" Angry
...and it usually doesn't take long to spot twisted doctrine.

I thoroughly enjoy the forum debate & solving riddles, although I should be more careful at times to make clear its "IMO - check it out for yourself". So many times I see things I don't have enough time for a reasoned response, when I wish I did. Sometimes I only nitpick minor points of posts when I actually agree with the majority points.

Having fun? Well not so much lately. Paul makes me so disgusted, but yet glad to be helping with QP update....but looking forward to completing and moving on more enlightening studies. Even though seeing what's wrong also helps to understand what's right - Yah/Yahowsha's teachings versus false ones, but nearing burnout studying what's wrong. Really want to move on to learn and do scriptural hebrew translation....especially strengthening the "first love" and peace I feel with YHWH in HIS word.
Offline Mike  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:30:11 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Dajstill,

I enjoy your posts. Please keep posting.

I have had fun on Pesach the last three years at James’ and his wife’s house. This year I got to meet encounterHim and his wife. James barbecued lamb, his wife made unleavened bread, I brought vegetables. We all shared in the meal and good conversation along with some other friends of James. Unfortunately, Yada’s son couldn’t join us this year but I had met him the last two years. And I had the pleasure of meeting with Walt two years ago on Pesach. So yes I am having fun.

The only other forum members that I have met in person were Bitnet and his wife in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia back in 2008 about a year or less after I started reading Yada Yahweh, Future History, The Owners Manual, and Prophet of Doom and joined the forum. So that was fun for me. Unfortunately Bitnet stopped posting after the Great Galatians debate, he had a lot of great posts.

Lack of time is a factor in my not posting as often as I would like. I am currently investigating that something indeed happened in Jerusalem in 1033 CE. This is the one 20 Yowbel year that I had not confirmed for myself from other sources besides YY. I enjoy learning new things and have fun doing so.

Shalom
Offline cgb2  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:07:06 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Mike wrote:

....I am currently investigating that something indeed happened in Jerusalem in 1033 CE. This is the one 20 Yowbel year that I had not confirmed for myself from other sources besides YY.

Ah must be the Gihon springs turning septic and poisoning MANY at Jerusalem accademy (Massorettes?) and also xtian pilgrims. Made them move the academy to Damascus...

If so please share sources. I'd particularliy be curious of any details if this plague caused "thigh and belly to rot" ("Adulterous woman" test - Numbers 5).
Offline FredSnell  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:28:33 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This site, 3/4 of the way down reports the waters turning bitter. I haven't had time to look into it, but seems credible under a course glance. http://askelm.com/temple/t001211.htm

"And then something happened that was quite remarkable and ritualistically devastating. In that period, the waters of the Gihon Spring turned bitter and even septic (between 1033 C.E. and 1077 C.E.). The interpretation placed upon this event was as if God himself had turned the former "waters of salvation" into a corrupt liquid inside the precincts of God’s own House. The Jewish authorities were well aware of the account in Numbers 5:11-31 that showed bitter waters were associated with the adulterous woman in Temple symbolism. With this final ritualistic setback to their religious customs, the Jerusalem Academy abandoned Jerusalem and moved to Damascus. To the Jewish authorities by 1077 C.E., there was nothing of contemporary holiness left to the former Temple area over the Gihon Spring. Jerusalem was later taken over by the Christian Crusaders in 1099 C.E. and no Jew was able to step inside Jerusalem for the first 50 years of the Crusades."
Offline LexBrand  
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:02:21 PM(UTC)
LexBrand
Woman

Dajstill that is a very good question and a good reminder to me that following Yah is supposed to be joyful.

I tend to take it very seriously and forget to relax and well...chill out.

It has to do with the seriousness of the subject - I mean it's a life and death deal. There are sad and tragic parts too - knowing that my family is on the wrong path is hard.

It sounds lovely to he able to celebrate the feasts with other "kids" like James does but the lack of like minded folks in our community precludes this for most of us. There is some good news for me that I met with another forum member who lives in my city for brunch last week and we had a wonderful time.

So things are looking up.

But I'm glad you have reminded me not to forget the joy and fun amidst the seriousness.
Offline Sarah  
#14 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 7:00:19 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
LexBrand,

Same here. Could you contact me by email - lassie4@juno.com

Thanks
Offline Smoda  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:09:31 PM(UTC)
Smoda
Woman

Oh Dajstill!

I love your posts. They're always so real, interesting and direct. They encourage me to think and ponder.

To answer,
I have never had so much fun in all my life! I have never been so free to be so thoughtful, to be so truly myself, felt so clean - so baggage-free. I'm having a kick learning all these things that make so much sense. I walk around all day with a huge smile on my face because now I KNOW WHERE TO GO for answers!!! And the answers I'm finding are amazing and wonderful, everything and then some of what I thought had to be out there somewhere.

It's all so beautiful, so complex and so deep. There's amazing little nuggets of love all over the Towrah. It's like a treasure hunt! The more I get to know Yahowah, the more the icky religious mental ropes and chains melt away.

I was given the impression growing up that I had my choice of evil ogres - the one in the sky or the one down below. That didn't make any sense to me. When I was a teenager I called out to Him. I called Him "I AM" because I didn't know His name and I knew He had called Himself that. I hollered and cussed. I was pissed. I asked Him where the hell He was. I told Him I was going to throw out all I knew and start clean and would He please show up and show me who He is? I then proceeded to live my life, have children, get married and make way too many mistakes. I knew there was truth buried somewhere in scripture, but every time I went to my bible it seemed all mucked up.

I have finally found Him. I'm so happy it brings me to tears. I can dance all day now.

Life still happens, but now it just seems... I don't know - not as dark, not as tenuous. You know how good it feels to come home after a long hard day? I feel like I've finally found the home my soul always wanted and yearned for. It feels like a part of me is floating, but in a happy secure way... like a little girl holding her daddy's hand. I'm so excited to see what's gonna come next!

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN BECAUSE IT'S REAL!!!!!!
please be patient with me while I try to figure this out....
Offline Richard  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:43:35 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Smoda wrote:
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN BECAUSE IT'S REAL!!!!!!

And that, my friend, is the whole purpose, isn't it? Our heavenly Father wants a family with which to have fun, with the members of which He can share love and laughter and outbursts of the purest joy. All the rest is drudgery and bondage, the stuff of Babylon.