logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline theHessian1  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:22:23 PM(UTC)
theHessian1

Enter me, Adam, Last Year: I've got to get it right next year, you've already missed the Spring Feasts this year. So i did my part for the fall feasts, but I was really looking forward to this Year!!!!

ENTER THIS YEAR: March 26th, I thought that the 10th Abib was the 14th Abib, and I've been doing all of the chuqah (prescriptions). I was in the middle of the vigil (tonight, right now) when I checked the and sure enough, I missed the precise dates for Pesach, Chag Matsah, and Bikurym. I'm continuing the vigil, eating matsah, and even got the lambs blood on the door last night, but I feel like I just threw the foul ball at the end of the universe.

There are SO FEW things in this world that I care about, and this is one of them. Should I keep going? is it offensive to Yah? Should I just chalk it up to poor planning and make sure it doesn't happen again? WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE AND WITH A GOD I WANT TO BE WITH IF I LITERALLY CAN'T GET THIS RIGHT TO SAVE MY SOUL?!?!?!?!
Offline knowing1  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 5:15:44 AM(UTC)
knowing1

None of us are perfect. This is our nature. Only Yah can perfect us, but you must follow the Narrow Path.

Do not be so hard on yourself H1! By thinking about what you are doing and coming to understand the significance of why Yah prescribed what He did, you are indeed walking the Path to His Home!!

Do not focus on the trees only to miss the forest!! Do not maintain your focus on "Doing", but rather focus on coming to understand the "why's" of Yah's instructions!! This is by far one of the most rewarding of life's experiences!!

This year, I got caught up in the religiousness of the Passover Seder due to family priorities. This meant "celebrating" "Passover" on the evenings of 3/25 and 3/26. I took the opportunity to explain the significance of the Pesach Sacrifice, Matzah and Bikkurim. Unfortunately, no one took anything I said seriously. There was a mix of Jews and Catholics (Inter-marriage), and these people are, sadly, just too far gone to understand, as understanding would cause them to think, feel uncomfortable and then have to decide for themselves. They believe they are "happier" trusting in the lies and deceptions.

Again, you are doing exactly what Our Creator wants each of us to do: Walk away from the filth, Come to Know Him, understand His Word and what He has done for us, Trust in and rely upon Him, and then respond to Him! This requires work on our part, and struggling with understanding. We are to use what He has given us: Intelligence and judgement.

You are doing OK in the grand scheme of things!!
Offline cgb2  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 6:08:18 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Not sure I understand the angst. Yah asked you to meet with him, and you responded as best as your understanding allowed. Why would a loving Father be disappointed with that?

We tend to think in word pictures, and the doing helps us to understand his towrah teaching, guidance and direction. P/UB/FF is not law, but an awesome teaching, instruction, and celebration of the work He did to reconcile those who love and respond to Him with all their heart.
Offline needhelp  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:50:15 AM(UTC)
needhelp

Some people know nothing about parental love,
just abuse/hate. People who do, say love it is "automatic".
It's not. It's learned/earned. Just like everything else.
Unlearning abuse is extremely hard. Sometimes
a lifetime is not long enough. They never feel adequate.
It's not their fault and very hard to deal with. They have
nothing to look too for comparison. No idea of being
forgiven or excepted.
Offline knowing1  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:38:33 AM(UTC)
knowing1

By far the most malicious of all abuse is leading souls away from our true Father and Mother!! I have come to the conclusion that most parents are abusive without even being aware of their abuse: Not physically, not emotionally, but spiritually abusive!! So few actually take the time and effort to understand enough to properly guide and educate their children. Sure, we all make every effort to make sure our kids eat their veggies, and do well in school, and play sports, and behave properly, etc. But how many make every attempt and take every opportunity to help our children come into relationship with Yah?! Most, at least in the westernized civilizations, believe celebrating Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentines, having communion, getting christened, etc. are all it takes!! Jews believe that only celebrating Passover, fearing "The Book of Life" opening on Rosh Hashanah, and suffering on Yom Kippur gets them good with God!! I spent five years of my early life being brainwashed in orthodox Jewish schools!! My parents actually believed this to be the thing to do!! Even to this day, my Dad believes reading rabbis prayers from a book is the thing to do! Even after all the eye opening discussions we have had!! He still is stuck in the muck, and just can not bring himself to truly trust in Yah and who the Massayah Yowashah is. Because of his indoctrination, he feels very uncomfortable discussing this!! I do get uncomfortable in discussions with family as they jump to the conclusion that I am some Messianic religious crazy!! So far from the truth!! It is so hard to separate yourself from the crap!! I actually became an atheist from my late teens through my late thirties, because of lack of true understanding. As an electrical engineer, I thought science (and I!!) had all the answers! Fortunately, my eyes and mind began to slowly open as I began realizing how wrong I had been, thanks in large part to my accidental exposure to POD when I became curious about Islam!! The rest is history as they say!! My mind is truly growing now as I see how wrong those around me have been. I question everything, and trust no person! My trust is in Yah!

Actually it seems all Jews and Christians believe that all one has to do is be a "Good" person. Yet, when asked what being a "good" person is, none can give me any type of answer that actually is rational and reasonable!! They do not comprehend that being a truly "good" person is one who comes to Yah, through His Towrah, and that true compassion and love is one who seeks for others, through their own volition, to understanding ON THEIR OWN!!

Yah has put everything on the table for us, made the ultimate sacrifice, prescribed and instructed us in walking to and with Him!! No matter where we have been, what we have done, who we have trusted, and what our parents have done to us, there is a way back to the one Home that matters...Yah's Home!!
Offline dajstill  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:40:55 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
theHessian1 wrote:
Enter me, Adam, Last Year: I've got to get it right next year, you've already missed the Spring Feasts this year. So i did my part for the fall feasts, but I was really looking forward to this Year!!!!

ENTER THIS YEAR: March 26th, I thought that the 10th Abib was the 14th Abib, and I've been doing all of the chuqah (prescriptions). I was in the middle of the vigil (tonight, right now) when I checked the and sure enough, I missed the precise dates for Pesach, Chag Matsah, and Bikurym. I'm continuing the vigil, eating matsah, and even got the lambs blood on the door last night, but I feel like I just threw the foul ball at the end of the universe.

There are SO FEW things in this world that I care about, and this is one of them. Should I keep going? is it offensive to Yah? Should I just chalk it up to poor planning and make sure it doesn't happen again? WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE AND WITH A GOD I WANT TO BE WITH IF I LITERALLY CAN'T GET THIS RIGHT TO SAVE MY SOUL?!?!?!?!

Hessian, I would just encourage you to not be too hard on yourself. Yahowah wants us to spend time with Him, get to know Him and understand His plan. I don't see that He is requiring perfection. He knows we are doing the best we can with the resources that we have. I am beginning to notice a creeping of legalism into an observance of the Feast among those that know Yahowah. It is causing seeking, striving, loving people to become riddled with guilt and feeling like the failed Yahowah. Why would a loving Father be upset with you for trying your best? Always remind yourself that this is about meeting with Dad. I often relate things to myself and my husband as parents. I know for my husband, he would wait for any of his children knowing they were coming, trying as hard to get there, wanting to deeply to please him and do as he has asked. He would giggle a bit seeing his son run up to the table a day late saying "Daddy I made it!" He wouldn't scold him; just pick him up, sit him on his lap, give him a big hug, and say "yes son, you made it, I knew you would!" Hessian, did you make it to the table? Did you get there and smile big for Daddy and say "I made it Dad!" Yes, as we grow we will probably all get a bit better with the timing, it is a maturing process I am sure will take my entire lifetime to merge and mesh with Yah's calendar completely. If I am off by a week, a day, an hour, or just one minute - I am getting to the table. I am going to try my best every time, but I will never give up. Yahowah is big enough for my math errors, he is loving enough to look beyond my confusion to see my dedication to answer His invitation. Hessian, did you make it to the table? If you made it, you weren't late.
Offline Sunny  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:56:58 AM(UTC)
Sunny

Well said Dajstill.