logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 8:48:25 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Well, in having a little fun with my FB friends, I posted links to many pagan, wiccan, and witch sites on how they would be celebrating easter. I actually got the idea because I saw a practicing wiccan post about dying eggs with their kid for easter. Wow, they are very informative - really! So, if you ever have Christians that don't believe you when you talk about the pagan origins of their customs, here are some good links to share with them:

http://www.witchvox.com/...p;c=holidays&id=1991 - this one is well written and well research as is written by a witch

http://thehiddenchildren...03/17/the-sabbat-ostara/ - this article is titled Sabbat Ostara and gives a lot of good historical information on the pagan practices of Easter

http://www.patheos.com/b.../03/ostara-round-up.html - okay, does it get much better than a site titled "confessions of a pagan soccer mom"? There are just a few, but really - try coming at the discussion from a 3rd party perspective. Then ask why they would continue in a custom so closely aligned with pagan practices when there is an equally viable Feast (Passover) in which the pagans want no part? Interesting discussion! And, I will say, I learned a lot.

Offline dajstill  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 9:08:20 AM(UTC)
dajstill

http://sugarspiceeveryth...excited-for-spring-part/

Okay, this one is interesting because she mentions the children of Israel being reprimanded for baking cakes for an idol. Actually, I will just past the comment:

“All the fun things about Easter are Pagan. Bunnies are a leftover from the pagan festival of Eostre.” [6] The Easter bunny ”links to the fertility, rebirth, and the abundance of life that is evident in Spring.” [4] “Exchange of eggs is an ancient custom, celebrated by many cultures.” [6] “From the earliest of times, the egg has represented immortality.” [4] “As Spring is the season of nature’s rebirth, the symbol of the egg was of course particularly significant at this time.” [4] “Spring also symbolized new life and rebirth; eggs were an ancient symbol of fertility… Easter eggs represent Jesus’ resurrection. However, this association came much later when Roman Catholicism became the dominant religion in Germany in the 15th century and merged with already ingrained pagan beliefs.” [7] ”The Druids dyed eggs scarlet to honour the Sun, and Pagan Anglo-Saxons made offerings of their coloured eggs to the Goddess Eostre.” [4] ”Hot cross buns are very ancient too. In the Old Testament we see the Israelites baking sweet buns for an idol, and religious leaders trying to put a stop to it. The early church clergy also tried to put a stop to sacred cakes being baked at Easter. In the end, in the face of defiant cake-baking pagan women, they gave up and blessed the cake instead. Easter is essentially a pagan festival which is celebrated with cards, gifts and novelty Easter products, because it’s fun and the ancient symbolism still works.” [6]

They seem to understand Christianity better than Christians! At no point did Yah say "fine, eat your damn pagan cake and I will bless it anyway". That is what separates Christianity from Torah observance, serving a god of "compromise".
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 9:44:28 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Thanks for the great links.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Asenath  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 11:49:05 AM(UTC)
Asenath

Hey guys,

Im wondering if there would be anything wrong celebrating Passover tonight? I was lead to believe that it was tonight and this will be our first time so I was kind of upset when I heard Yada say that it was tomorrow despite what the masses are saying.
Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 1:22:43 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Asenath wrote:
Hey guys,

Im wondering if there would be anything wrong celebrating Passover tonight? I was lead to believe that it was tonight and this will be our first time so I was kind of upset when I heard Yada say that it was tomorrow despite what the masses are saying.

Welcome Asenath. Not at all wrong, celibrate it to the best of your understanding. The important thing is to meet with Yah, make it your own, understand what it represents. Awesome a first timer! Remember it's a party!
Offline cgb2  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 1:37:56 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
dajstill wrote:
Well, in having a little fun with my FB friends.....

You can have some fun with this song/video too, the graphics are great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO5dYuhFLrE

Here's the Lyrics:
Too Long in the Sun
Written by Kerry Alexander

Our fathers inherited futility
Falsehood error and iniquity
Blinding their children through the centuries
Now the veil is on our eyes
We think we’re worshiping the holy King
We think we’re told the truth about every thing
But Satan has a plan to make us turn and sing
Our praises unto Him

We’ve been too long in the sun
Now it’s burning every one
Our eyes are blind from gazing on

We worship Ba’al when we call upon “the Lord”
We love nimrod by the tree that we adorn
We decorate our eggs and the truth we eggnore
And we cling on to their lies.

We never left Egypt and her pagan ways
We reminisce of Babylon all our days
All the days of the week and their ‘Sun’ day
We thoughtlessly accept them all

Let the Rain fall down on you and me
Let the dirt-clods be covered by a raging sea
Let Torah truth take us all safely
To Messiah where we’ll be free

Let Him wash away tradition and all our lies
Wash away our guilt and our wicked ties
Give us what we need to open our eyes
Then the real Messiah we will see

Offline dajstill  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:16:02 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Love that song - definitely posting!