logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2007 7:48:51 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I was reading in The Law and Grace Book by Todd Bennett today and wanted to share what I found, as I am just more and more blessed by the teachings Yah is sharing through fellow brothers and sister!!!

Quote:
Some interpret this passage to mean that we are not subject to the Torah, but only grace. If this were true it would completely fly in the face of the entire Tanak as well as the teaching of the Messiah and his talmidim (disciples). What Shaul (Paul) is saying here is really quite simple. Since the definition of sin is a violations of the Torah, being under the Torah cannot possibly be the same as being obedient to the Torah. If you are a believer who has been saved by grace then you are covered by the atoning blood of the Messiah not subject to the punishment for violating the Torah. Therefore when Shaul references to being "under the Torah he is talking about being in a state where you are subject to the Torah's punishments". If you have been redeemed the you not under the Torah in the sense of being subject to the punishments of death for violating the Torah, but under grace which is a state of being redeemed by the free gift given by the Messiah. (Chapter 9)

Does this passage bring freedom to anyone else?

Tiffany
Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2007 12:37:06 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Bennett's book is a wonderful study on the nature and relationship of Torah and Grace. I recommend that all those who are serious about Torah read it. I couldn't put it down. I started on a Sunday and I finished on Tuesday. Now I am going to read it over again. This time with a copy of the ISR Scriptures right beside me.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2007 3:52:19 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I love using Galatians 5 to show the error of the churches understanding of this "under the law" phrase. With patience, Christians slowly open up to the idea that being under the Torah means being subject to the condemnation for breaking it. And that Paul never once said we must stop keeping the Torah.

Anyway, my question is where in the Scriptures does it show this massive "movement" of people coming to realize we still need to understand, and live, the Torah? Because I can see a lot of Christians are realizing this Truth. Are there any prophecies in the Scriptures foretelling this, that in these days His children, in this case the gentiles before the rapture, will return and keep His commands while also holding to the testimony of Yahshua?
Offline rs  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2007 6:17:30 AM(UTC)
rs

Yirmeyahu 31:33: "For this is the covenanct I shall make with the house of Yisra'el afer those days, declares Yahweh: I shall put my Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people."

verse 31:36: "If these laws vanish before Me," declars Yahweh, "then the seed of Yisra'el shall also cease from being a nation before Me forever."
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2007 7:00:18 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
rs wrote:
Yirmeyahu 31:33: "For this is the covenanct I shall make with the house of Yisra'el afer those days, declares Yahweh: I shall put my Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people."

What's the take on "after those days (time - in other versions)", which days are spoken of here? After the forefathers broke the covenant mentioned in verse 32 or after Sacrifice of the Lamb or after the Tribulation? I guess it's after the crucifixion because only afterwards did the Set-Apart Spirit dwell within man, in order to have the Torah within our inward parts and written on our hearts.