logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jason  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:52:26 PM(UTC)
Jason
Man
Canada

I wanted to share an observation with Yah's family here in the forum something I thought to be quite profound when it comes to setting apart the shabbat day as a parent.

It can be difficult even speaking with adults to articulate what the shabbat is. There was even a caller to the SM radio show not too long ago asking about what can be done and what can not be done ect. It is a recurring approach to the shabbat at any age, as we sincerely try to understand and respond appropriately to what could be the most important instructions of the miqra to shamar and come to an understanding of. I think that one of the reasons why we all go through the "don't do" religious-go-round is that shabbat is something that we actually have no first hand experience in as it relates to its fufillment. I can not speak for you, but the rest I experience on the 7th day of the week is not the rest that Yahwah has promised to his covenant family. It is a rehearsal of something wonderful yet to come that we have not experienced before or any man or women since the fall in the garden. By the sweat of our face we eat bread today.

The instructions regarding the 7th day to me are as the instructions of the other miqra, which we know for certain paint a picture for us of the fulfillment of Yah's promises. The instructions of the shabbat paint the picture for us of what the millennial sabbath is going to be like.

It is a time in Yah's timeline that is set apart from the other times in mankind's time in creation.
It is a time when Yah's work is done and he rest.
It is a sign of the covenant between Yahwah and you.
It is a time when you and those souls associated with you, and your beasts, and even the stranger in your boarders will do no labour.
It is a time when you will rest from all your work. All that you do out of necessity to sustain your life and bring you comfort will no longer be necessary on the sabbat.
It is a time when your eyes will look for the first time upon Yah's COMPLETED creation.
It is a time when the towrah will be the very fabric of your lives.

I could go on. It is a wonderful aspect of Yah's towrah to meditate on. I highly recommend that you also shamar shabbat.

Now how does one articulate this to one's little children? Do we smother the fireplace and tell them to stop making their beds? Well I'm not writing this to tell you what to do or not to do. It is your walk with Yah and you do as you observe to be appropriate. But I wanted to share something that I have observed as I also walk with Yah and shamar shabbat and try to instruct my children also.

It was not too long ago on a shabbat that I came to be aware of all the man made rules that I impose on my children. I was quite surprised how often and unconsciously it took place.

Chew your food with your mouth closed. Say please and thank you. Say excuse me.

I gave this some serious thought over the next few days. Obviously it is appropriate for me to instruct my children, but some of the instructions that I teach them I was now starting to view as inappropriate for the occasion on the 7th day. Things I used to teach my children without making the distinction between those of the society we live in and those of Yahwah were now made more apparent to me and I decided to try and make a conscious effort not to impose those societal instructions on my children as much as possible on the shabbat. This in affect sets the 7th day apart for them in a very positive way. Not only does it teach them indirectly to distinguish between Yahwah's instructions and the instructions of man, it also motivates them to learn exactly what Yahwah's instructions are and what they are not. It also makes it a very positive experience. It makes it something to look forward to. A day when those rules that are not associated with Yah covenant family are kept to a minimum until year 6000 Yah.

I just wanted to share that with you all. I think it is a very positively appropriate way to introduce children to the miqra of shabbat.

Jason