logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline pilgrimhere  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 3:41:03 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Could someone explain Lev. 27:28-29 to me?

חרם (devote/devote to destruction) is referring to a man (person).
Is this simply a capital punishment judgement scenario?

The context appears to be assigning value to items that are קדש (set apart/consecrate) to Yahowah.
Placing a death sentence in there is confusing to me.
Offline cgb2  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 7:40:54 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Lev 27:24 ‘In the Year of Jubilee the field returns to him from whom he bought it, to him whose is the possession of the land.
Lev 27:25 ‘And all your evaluations is to be according to the sheqel of the set-apart place: twenty gĕrahs to the sheqel.
Lev 27:26 ‘However, a first-born of the beasts, which is first-born to יהוה, no man sets it apart – whether bull or sheep, it belongs to יהוה.
Lev 27:27 ‘And if among the unclean beasts, then he shall ransom it according to your evaluation, and shall add one-fifth to it. And if it is not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to your evaluation.
Lev 27:28 ‘However, whatever a man lays under ban for יהוה of all that he has, man and beast, or the field of his possession, is not sold or redeemed. Whatever is laid under ban is most set-apart to יהוה.
Lev 27:29 ‘No one under the ban, under the ban among men, is ransomed, but shall certainly be put to death.
Lev 27:30 ‘And all the tithe of the land – of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the tree – belongs to יהוה. It is set-apart to יהוה.
Lev 27:31 ‘If a man indeed redeems any of his tithes, he adds one-fifth to it.
Lev 27:32 ‘And the entire tithe of the herd and of the flock, all that passes under the rod, the tenth one is set-apart to יהוה.
Lev 27:33 ‘He does not inquire whether it is good or spoilt, nor does he exchange it. And if he exchanges it at all, then both it and the one exchanged for it are set-apart, it is not redeemed.’ ”
Lev 27:34 These are the commands which יהוה commanded Mosheh for the children of Yisra’ĕl on Mount Sinai.

Lev 27:28 NotwithstandingH389 noH3808 H3605 devoted thing,H2764 thatH834 a manH376 shall devoteH2763 unto the LORDH3068 of allH4480 H3605 thatH834 he hath, both of manH4480 H120 and beast,H929 and of the fieldH4480 H7704 of his possession,H272 shall be soldH4376 or redeemed:H1350 everyH3605 devoted thingH2764 is most holyH6944 H6944 unto the LORD.H3068
Lev 27:29 NoneH3808 H3605 devoted,H2764 whichH834 shall be devotedH2763 ofH4480 men,H120 shall be redeemed;H6299 but shall surely be put to death.H4191 H4191

Interesting that H4191 is twice, meaning exponential emphasis.
I found ISR wasn;t consistant in applying "ban" since used elsewhere with other words.

H4191
מוּת
mûth
BDB Definition:
1) to die, kill, have one executed
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to die
1a2) to die (as penalty), be put to death

FWIW: My take on it, since instructions regarding Jubilee year, especially v29 is anyone facing capital punishment for crimes is not released...maybe even their land forfeited....but I'm not sure since haven't delved into and understand all that occurs during jubilees, real and metaphorical.
Offline pilgrimhere  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 8:05:06 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
cgb2 wrote:
FWIW: My take on it, since instructions regarding Jubilee year, especially v29 is anyone facing capital punishment for crimes is not released.

Considering Jubilee, the inclusion of capital punishment makes sense. Thanks for putting that together for me. Prorating expenses/terms affected by Jubilee kept people honest including consideration for criminal acts.

I also found the ISR's "ban" rather confusing.
Offline cgb2  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 12:26:53 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Also seems Jubilees were God's way of preventing debt buildup/collapse/depressions, which tend to run about evey 50 years thruout history...even with honest weights and measures (real money, not faith based fiat currency).

I seem to recall that Yah based the Babylonian exile on their failure to obeserve Jubilees... You didn't observe for xxx years so you'll be exiled for that long.
Offline needhelp  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 2:23:44 AM(UTC)
needhelp

Is Yahowah saying He Has a soul here or is He somehow
speaking of Yahowsha? Could someone explain, please?
He has been speaking in first person as best I can tell.

“Your monthly festivals (chodesh – your
lunar celebrations) and (wa) your appointed assembly times (mow’ed – your
sacred seasons) are hateful toward and hostile to (sane’ – they are intensely
disliked and detested by, even openly adverse to) My soul (nepesh). They have
become (hayah – they were and they will be) to Me (‘al) a problem (la torach –
a wearisome burden) which I have become tired of (la’ah – which I have grown
impatient and weary of, grieved by and offended by (niphal perfect)) bearing
(nasa’ – sustaining and enduring (qal infinitive construct)).” (Yasha’yah / Yah Saves / Isaiah 1:14)