logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:49:30 AM(UTC)
Yada

Hello Everyone,

The following is a message I recently got from Yada:

Quote:
I have edited and augmented the old Re’shith – Beginning chapter, turning it into two chapters, with the Proverbs review being called Dabar – Word. Please open these up to constructive criticism. Also, consider asking forum members to review Kippurym and Tabernacles as both of these chapters are fairly new.

I have attached the seven volume outline of YY so that you have a road map of what territory has been covered and where we are going.

Yada

I have attached the files below. Please post your comments to this thread.

Please note that, in addition to the files attached, Yada has also asked that we review the Kippurym and Tabernacles chapters as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Yada
File Attachment(s):
A 0A Re'shith - Beginning .doc (94kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
A 0B Dabar - Word.doc (81kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
! Chapter Outline.doc (43kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:13:26 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Wow so much to look forward to. It is great to see what the larger plan is.

As for edits I found a couple of unpaired quote marks, and only one passage where it appears to me the words were not in order. In what I'm calling YY Book I chapter I-A, Re'shith appears the following:

Quote:
The reason they are all errant and inadequate is that they all come from the same polluted well and familiarity sells. The Textus Receptus serves as the foundation of all English translations of the Renewed Covenant and yet it was an intellectual fraud and financial hoax. In October of 1515 CE a Dutch secular humanist, Desiderius Erasmus, and Johann Froben, a publisher of low repute, took five months to mark up, adding and taking away from, a highly flawed 12th century Medieval Greek manuscript and set type directly from those arbitrary scribbles. Then in the places where they didn't have possession of a Greek text, they filled in the blanks by translating the Latin Vulgate. Worse, when Roman Catholics protested that their some of pet passages weren't included, Erasmus and Froben added them without any Scriptural basis to quiet their critics.

I like the choice to split chapter zero into two and appreciate the background on the "Textus Receptus" that I believe is mentioned a number of places in YY but did not recall a clear description defining why it was suspect.

So is the plan eventually to provide audio files to the final work as with POD? I understand not doing so until the text and arrangement of the chapters are set, but hope that this will ultimately be done as I find it quite helpful especially with regards to pronounciations of foreign words and just to meditate on.
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 11:37:08 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I, too, am glad for the split, as well as the informative additions.

It is also very helpful to have the game plan, as I am trying to put together one complete pdf document of the entire book, loaded with bookmarks. I'm currently rereading the whole thing, adding bookmarks at every scripture reference as well as subtopics and such, just to make it a bit easier to find everything. Once everything is done, I plan to make a scripture index bookmark structure with all the scripture references in order. I am also providing links to all of the audio files as well (adding the files in the document itself would be overkill).

I won't be done until everything else is done, but if anyone is interested, when I am done I can make the pdf available.
Offline FF  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2007 5:59:59 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Icy,

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your efforts to help us all find references in YY.

Yada’s splitting O is great and makes a better introduction to YY and the Outline is a real extra value.

I believe Yah's body makes all His work light.

Please post you pdf when it is finished.

Thank you,
FF
FF
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:34:05 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Thanks FF,

I will most certainly post it when I am done. It will be awhile though, as I am going to wait until Yada posts everything that is in his outline.

I had made a pdf months ago before he posted the new chapters, so it was a bit incomplete. I want a finished one this time.

As soon as I am done, though. it will be up here.

Also, that reminds me, I had started doing something similar with TOM. In TOM I have started putting links at every reference that KP makes. And he makes a lot. Also. the book marks are set up by mitzvah as well as chapter. I'll try to post that shortly aftrt KP finishes TOM.
Offline Icy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 7:19:42 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Here is the TOM pdf I mentioned above. It is only 3 MB. I used the most up to date files provided by kp. Every mitzvah is bookmarked and all references within the text are linked. I have even linked any references to Jewfaq 101 so you can see what kp is talking about. I also have linked all references to FH to the webpage, as well as any reference books that kp mentions using to a site where you can purchase said book. There is also a scripture index included so that you can quickly find passages and see what kp had to say about them.

I hope you all enjoy it and find it a useful tool. I will be doing something similar with FH next, then maybe PoD. I'll do YY when I am reasonably sure that Yada is done with it. Also, I'll do WMM when kp finishes.

Edited by user Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:54:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 7:29:22 AM(UTC)
Yada

Icy - this is good - really good.

I am trying to start up a TOM weekly class at a local Protestant Church. This is just what I need - thanks.

Can I ask you to send me the file by e-mail? I can then copy it onto CD's and distribute them to the class (that is if I get the thumbs up to proceed).

Thanks again for this great resource!
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 7:29:52 AM(UTC)
kp

I'd like to thank "Icy" for the huge amount of work the pdf project entailed. He was too modest to mention it, but it required a top-to-bottom proofreading pass---and nothing gets past this guy. I noticed that Joe (our intrepid webmaster) already has the new TOM pdf up on the site, so thanks to him as well.

kp
Offline Swalchy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 7:43:44 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Thanks very much Icy!

You are obviously the craziest person on the YY forum! =P
Offline Icy  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 7:45:21 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

How so, Swalchy?
Offline Swalchy  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 8:07:43 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

You're crazy because not only have you bookmarked and linked everything in TOM, you're currently planning on doing it for FH, POD and YY :)

(also, not to be taken seriously :) )
Offline Icy  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:49:03 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

It can't be anymore work than translating the entire Renewed Convenant by yourself. So, it is debatable on who is more crazy. :)
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:00:02 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Icy wrote:
It can't be anymore work than translating the entire Renewed Convenant by yourself. So, it is debatable on who is more crazy. :)

I second that!
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...