logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cgb2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:17:31 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Man, is that website full of peresh

Deu 13:1 “When there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he shall give you a sign or a wonder,
Deu 13:2 and the sign or the wonder shall come true, of which he has spoken to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other mighty ones – which you have not known – and serve them,’
Deu 13:3 do not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for יהוה your Elohim is trying you to know whether you love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart and with all your being.
Deu 13:4 “Walk after יהוה your Elohim and fear Him, and guard His commands and obey His voice, and serve Him and cling to Him.
Deu 13:5 “And that prophet or that dreamer of dreams is put to death, because he has spoken apostasy against יהוה your Elohim – who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim and redeemed you from the house of bondage – to make you stray from the way in which יהוה your Elohim commanded you to walk. Thus you shall purge the evil from your midst.
Deu 13:6 “When your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own being, entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other mighty ones’– which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers,
Deu 13:7 of the mighty ones of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth –
Deu 13:8 do not agree with him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pardon him, nor spare him or conceal him,
Deu 13:9 but you shall certainly kill him. Your hand is first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people,
Deu 13:10 and you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from יהוה your Elohim, who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim, from the house of bondage.
Deu 13:11 “And let all Yisra’ĕl hear and fear, and not again do any such evil matter as this in your midst.
Deu 13:12 “When you hear someone in one of your cities, which יהוה your Elohim gives you to dwell in, saying,
Deu 13:13 ‘Some men, sons of Beliyaʽal, have gone out of you midst and led the inhabitants of their city astray, saying, “Let us go and serve other mighty ones” ’ – mighty ones whom you have not known –
Deu 13:14 then you shall inquire, search out, and ask diligently. And see if the matter is true and established that this abomination was done in your midst,
Deu 13:15 you shall certainly smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, putting it under the ban, and all that is in it and its livestock, with the edge of the sword.
Deu 13:16 “And gather all its plunder into the middle of the street, and completely burn with fire the city and all its plunder, before יהוה your Elohim. And it shall be a heap forever, never to be built again.
Deu 13:17 “And none of that which is put under the ban is to cling to your hand, so that יהוה turns from the fierceness of His displeasure and shall show you compassion, love you and increase you, as He swore to your fathers,
Deu 13:18 when you obey the voice of יהוה your Elohim, to guard all His commands which I command you today, to do what is right in the eyes of יהוה your Elohim.

Deu 18:20 ‘But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My Name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other mighty ones, even that prophet shall die.’
Deu 18:21 “And when you say in your heart, ‘How do we know the word which יהוה has not spoken?’ –
Deu 18:22 when the prophet speaks in the Name of יהוה and the word is not, or comes not, that is the word which יהוה has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.
Offline Mike  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:51:29 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Just in case anyone doesn’t know what peresh is:

H6569
פּרשׁ
peresh
BDB Definition:
1) faecal matter, dung, offal
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H6567
Offline cgb2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:03:35 AM(UTC)
cgb2

^ Welcome greylake. We are all here to learn. I came out of +38 years of xtianity, and although I've been out +3 years I'm sure there is still plenty I need to unlearn and learn.

Yeah maybe in God Damn Religion, because in a breif examination of some of the older "prophecies" it quickly became apparent they had not transpired. Still the gall to issue more and gimme money I speak for god.
Offline cgb2  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:14:19 PM(UTC)
cgb2

graylake wrote:
Okay. I'll consider moving from here. I'm so new, I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll check it out and delete from prophecy within the week. Would it be ok to retain your scriptural references in the new article? I'd like to point this out when moving to the other group.

Naw, it's entirely appropriate to remain under "prophecy" too, and might help someone.

graylake wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement, and welcome. I really have a big chore to unlearn 50+ years of religion while learning enough to win family, and to be articulate and not to sound raw. I really love my family and want them to join Yahowah's family with me. I feel humbled by the lies of lived in and want to make a rapid walk away. It's like walking from a burning building; don't want to leave family in there to die from the smoke, fumes, and flames (figuratively speaking).

Me too, but am saddened how many of my family cling to thier faith. When discussing with many xtians even viciousness, and a strong dose of all those warnings Yahowsha said about people hating you.

graylake wrote:
Since learning the basics of the materials from YY, AITG, and SM, I've shared the resources with a co-worker, nephew and son-in-law, but still haven't grown enough to explain in sufficient detail for the remaining family and loved ones.

There are some I blew away before understanding myself. Although needed, I spent too much time researching what was wrong with my religion, instead of what is the path. I recall telling a xtian freind "the Torah is so simple a child could understand, but yet so rich one could spend a lifetime...", then desparately hoping he wouldn't ask me to explain the "child" version Blushing

graylake wrote:

I'm sure Yada sent me here to get experience communicating with and to learn from you who have already walked away from religion/religiousity. Again, I'm very thankful for this resource.

Welcome, very glad you are here !
Offline Richard  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:55:55 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Mike wrote:
Just in case anyone doesn’t know what peresh is:

H6569
פּרשׁ
peresh
BDB Definition:
1) faecal matter, dung, offal
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H6567

Well, that's just OFFAL, man! I mean, really!
ThumpUp