logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Would_You_Rather  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 1:17:59 PM(UTC)
Would_You_Rather
Man

So, I want to formally introduce myself to the community, and say that I ask for some help as far as the traditions and such goes.

I'm Alex, I'm 18 years old, and I was a Christian for one year, I am lucky that I always seek answers even if I was constantly discredited. I was brought into the "faith" by my brother, we used to go to "church" every weekend, and there is no doubt that our relationship will be effected by this, but truth will prevail. I will be graduating from high school in March, from there I'm going to move out in August and go to college, hopefully getting a job to support myself.

I have heard the message and I do believe this, needless to say I will be observing and learning from the instructions set-forth, as I would like to find some answers and have the camp out with Yah.

As I was writing this, my brother just called; he wants to come down tomorrow, I know he will ask to go to church and I'm not sure what I should do, I'm really just beginning to read the texts put out, there are a lot, so it might take me awhile. I want to know what I should do for the Sabbat and if there was some recommended materials. I ask this because no doubt sparks are going to fly tomorrow and I don't want to get upset.

Thank-you.
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:02:22 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^
Howdy Alex,
Nice to know you are seeking the truth. We all have found a lot of truth here by seeking it, but don't let this be your stopping point here at yy. Read your Torah and back up into the archives that are posted here and you'll read about the "tools" a lot of these fine folks use to get the "amplified" renderings of Yahs Word, but really in my mind it's the real Word (root) once it starts sounding more plausible than how His Word read with tampering behind it.
I would suggest you let your brother read the 1st page of, BlessYahowah.com. It's like how a friend descibed it to me, sort of a "Readers Digest" to YY, but a little harder hitting that I love and appreciate beyond words.
Best to you in your journey and I'll bet if your brother has an open mind he too will start to awaken to what happened a long long time ago. Just remember, the adversary would like to rule the entire world, but we stand watch and will condemn him with every fiber we have, right up to His calling.
Regards,
Fred
Offline Would_You_Rather  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:15:35 AM(UTC)
Would_You_Rather
Man

The unbelievable truth that is spoken, I have no idea how it could be not understood. Not only what Yah is saying makes sense, it shows through evidence and reason. After reading just a few pages, doing some research, I am fully and extremely disgusted in people, world, government, politics, religion, and everything that has to do with man.. I am so sick, I can't stand it. People murder each other, in the name of a fictional god, then teach others to do so, crusades all the way up to now and the ending of this world, it's disgusting, I MEAN SICKENING. I had questions, but everyone says "satan is tempting you" and I was like, why wouldn't Yah want me to learn what I can. When I read the parts and say the errors, it was irrefutable, I couldn't go back. Now I see a light at the end of the tunnel, its as if I'm not looking as if I was in the world, or as if I was looking at the world. It's insane, not only am I trying to learn Hebrew I am so motivated, I want to be able to camp out with Yah so much, to have that time, and I will have it and until then I cannot wait!
I thank Yada for giving me the mere tools to begin my journey with the one and only Yah. Thank-you.
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:26:01 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

^
I wished I had already heard last nights btr show before I responded. I would have told you to let your brother sit down and listen. My wife and I enjoyed the sit-in-host and all the phone ins. Made the show very enjoyable and we were laughing right along as a you went on after wards. Good show! It's always fun to get your Shabbat off to good start. Thanks!

@Alex

Take your time. Be glad, some here have swallowed poison for decades. So when you admit to a year of "christianity," look on it as a reason to celebrate that you weren't completely taken in. Because that is the biggest problem, most swallow hook and line. They can't get loose from it and stay caught like a, "fish." And want their, "lord and savior, jc." to be their sheppard, instead of being the "perfect Passover Lamb."
You were correct in your comment, "I am fully and extremely disgusted in people, world, government, politics, religion, and everything that has to do with man.. I am so sick, I can't stand it. People murder each other, in the name of a fictional god, then teach others to do."
And that is the very reason govt's get their victims young an teach them to have to kill..You might view it, infant(ry).
Offline Sarah  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:48:10 PM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Jocie, I think it was you I heard on BTR on the Shabbat broadcast - Nov 9, 2012, with Larry. It is nice to hear actual voices of some the the members here.
The BTR does go for 2 hours; your conversation with Steve and Larry was live when you thought you were off the air.

I've been reading Yada Yah for 5 years now -- amazing study! I keep on sending the Intro to God to every pastor in town, and out of town, too.
Offline Sunny  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:58:17 AM(UTC)
Sunny

Hi Alex,

I'm so glad you have found the path toward Yah. Getting to know Him as father and gaining understanding and knowledge of His covenant is an incredible journey. In regard to your relationship with your brother in revealing Yah's testimony, I would encourage you to just simply ask questions. The same questions you asked yourself that led you to this point.

If a person does not already sense that something is seriously wrong with their religion, if they don't have a sense of that, if they are not already questioning in their mind, then they probably will not be very open. Simply asking logical questions may be a good approach.

I've found that even when I present facts to some of my religious family members, it is met with irrational, illogical thinking. The horrible thing about our former religion (all religions) is that we are taught to have faith and to believe, (when we don’t understand) even when we know what is being taught is absolutely irrational and illogical. When a family member uses words like faith and belief, my response is, but wouldn’t you rather want to know and rely?

Asking logical questions, such as why would a loving god who wants to love and be loved present two choices.? Either chose to be in my family or burn in hell for eternity. How is that a choice? Asking, is it possible there may be a third door, is a very logical question to ask oneself.

Also being prepared is very important as well. If I could go back I would have handled things a lot differently. Asking questions and leaving them open for another day, in the mean time gaining more understanding myself, I think would have been better in my situation.

One family member said that they did not want to have anymore discussions because it caused them to lay awake at night. It is very scary to start realizing that we’ve been beguiled by our religion.

Alex, we love our family members so much and it’s natural that we want to share what we have learned. It’s scary on our part as well because we know it will change our relationship with them profoundly one way or the other.

I’m very happy for you, especially at such a young age, that you are beginning your journey. I want to encourage you to continue gaining understanding and knowledge of His covenant. I think Yah gets great joy witnessing his children “get it” as they grown in understanding and knowledge.

Offline Richard  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:01:23 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Nice to have you as a brother, Alex.

As others have written above, dealing with family members can be heart-breaking and frustrating. My youngest son is a relatively new Baptist youth pastor, who resigned from the Marines after a decorated 9-year stint when they wouldn't allow him to go to seminary to become a chaplain. He responded a couple of weeks ago to an email I sent to some of the other brothers in Yah and copied him on. James and some of the others tried reasoning with him through email and it was, so far, all for naught.

That is a hair-pulling frustration, let me tell you. But you can only do what you can do. It is the responsibility of each individual to make the right choice in this matter. So don't give up. Don't ever give up. And we'll see you at the campsite!

Richard
Offline Shoppingcart  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:01:26 PM(UTC)
Shoppingcart

I thank you all for posting and I am reading about your family stories, I was just talking to a friend online about the stuff we used to do, and party.

I'm Would_You_Rather I lost my email

So of course I thought it was a good idea to let him know I’m not going to church, and he was absolutely nuts yells at me (I’m so timid) and i knew he wanted to just hit me, and he felt sad but he was extremely angry, i hadn’t seen him this angry since we fought in September and i broke a baton on his leg. My brother is a bad person just general, not bad as in he does bad things he just has no social skills and is extremely oppressive and angry he is such a dick to everyone but eh I don't even care, he ran upstairs closed the door and i could hear him praying and i'm just trying not to hear him. So all night when i came out he trashed my shit then after that he just went downstairs on the couch and i went to sleep.

I noticed something, it's sick. You take the three religions, k, so Christians are peaceful except time of war, so they will go to war, actually they love war if there a country of another religion.

Islam is one of the most destructive and disgusting things ever made, it's obvious there disgusting, also now we're arming them to attack what they hate soooooo much,

Jewish people are awful they replaced there real God they forgot about Yah, but as people they are ok as a whole, they have a huge arsenal. Also, most christains go to defend "israel"

And so while I was writing I saw this: http://www.gmanetwork.co...-tensions-could-escalate
So now we're really gonna get in it.

I've been reading and listening

I want to say as well that I'm not in the convanent yet because I haven't done the 7 7's yet, and I want to do it.
'abayah & malkyah
Offline FredSnell  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 1:51:32 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

^
@ Alex, this is added after I posted.

Listening to todays show on GCN reminded me that I should remind you, there are terms and conditions to coming to being in Yahs family. I have copied and pasted these from FF's website in the Festival section of his Articles.
These are:
The Five Conditions of the Covenant
1.Walk away from Babylon, from corruption, from confusion, from country, from politics, from patriotism, from religion, from one's earthly family.
2.Trust and rely on Yahowah which requires us to know Him and understand what He is offering by observing His Towrah.
3.Walk to Yahowah and become perfect, which is achieved by accepting Yah's 7 Invitations (His 7 Feasts).
4.Observe the Covenant, coming to know and understand its Terms and Benefits so that we can respond appropriately.
5.As parents we are to circumcise our sons, serving as a sign that we are committed to teaching them the Towrah and raising them to become part of Yah's family.

If you accept Yahs plan in His Covenant, Alex, then yes, you're in His Covenant. You have learned it's Him providing, and you are listening to His instructions and His teachings. Sure, get on with the next festival of Passover and Matsah where you step through the door that was clearly marked, "alert" pay attention to this and enter into eternity. Passover shows you and all those that know you, that you have accepted Gods plan to save. Not one second will pass as one ends (Passover) and the next begins, (Matsah) where you will begin that journey, of bettering your understanding of Yahs will. This day of Unleaven will be played out in your life from this point forward as representing 7 days, that actually represent completeness. The following day, the 3rd day is of course what you will come to see as your day you vocalize your joy out loud by becoming His 1st Fruits and you will begin a journey of ripening in the fullness of your Father/Yah.
Myself, I will never know a smidgen to what Yada has forgotten. And it's why I remind people to read. Even if your alone, read. Use Yahowahs Name, it's proper and good to do so and when you're comfortable with it, and to me that's when you have accepted His plan, start calling Him, Father. You have chosen His means and want to be adopted, and thus, you will be. You'll not receive a formal recognition of this, except you will feel it in your soul and you'll know. It's His perfect plan, and few there will be that will accept it. You have knocked on His door and He's not telling you, "hold on, be there in a second," no, He answered as soon as you knocked, brother.
By changing your perception on who He is, and knowing it's Him that is doing all the work, you now can relax and start sharing what you learn, but you can also learn from what a lot from these in this forum have said many times, "learn at your pace." Understanding is essential, and will help you expand Yahowahs Family with you life being His testimony. Welcome!

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2012 5:21:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cgb2  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:52:41 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Welcome Alex!
Keep seeking and you will find Him. Don't be surprised if the religious hate, slander, demean you.
It's quite ironic that all the persecution verses I learned as an xtian are often most vicious from xtians.
Offline Shoppingcart  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:32:46 PM(UTC)
Shoppingcart

I see why he was angry we bonded over church he lost his fiance and I had cancer and that was a place of comfort. They shared our story up on there stage two weeks ago, my brother has been cool now but a spark will tick him off.

Thanks, I really apperciate all of it, I wish I had the paper needed to complete some packets. The ink cartirage is out, they're expensive.
But I also wanted to touch on the moving thing, I am moving next year, as of now we don't have any plans, I'm now just finishing up the last of my 60 hours for a car. I also haven't even graduated yet and it was because I had cancer last year for 8 months, I also lost my job as a waiter and I'm ... Immobile at times.

So is there set dates for all of the call outs? If so can someone supply me with that and a page with the calender, I just want that for reference. If you have any reasons, any archives, any document what so ever that would be benefical, I'd love to read have it, if for whatever reason we can't get it on here because of size, we could do dropbox etc

Thanks.
'abayah & malkyah
Offline Steve in PA  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:41:38 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
here you go... the following has charts you should find helpful.

http://yadayah.com/Yada_...to_Meet_God_Miqraey.YHWH

In fact you will find that whole book/section very helpful and informitive on His Set-Apart days...

http://yadayah.com/Yada_...ns_to_Meet_God_Qara.YHWH

Offline Shoppingcart  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:33:34 PM(UTC)
Shoppingcart

Thank-you Steve! I have many questions, but I'll look around before I ask them.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:45:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: resu

'abayah & malkyah
Offline theHessian1  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:54:53 PM(UTC)
theHessian1

Shalom Alex! I'm so glad to see you here. I don't know what the age spread is around here, but it's always been a little rough for me not having anybody around me understand what the heck I'm doing or studying, why I know Hebrew words and celebrate Torah Feasts and absolutely refuse to call myself Jewish or religious in any way. I'll be searching for your posts!