logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nitram  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:40:58 AM(UTC)
Nitram
Man

Greetings!

So grateful to a friend for recommending listening to Yada Yah. Stumbled on this forum and have been reading here and there.

I come from a mixed "religious" background and just seeking truth. Went to a Catholic school when I was younger. Mother was non-practicing catholic and my father was church of christ. So I had a really jacked up since of "religion". Through my teen-young adult years I attended probably ever denominational church within a 50 mile radius of where i live, with the exception of mormom and jehovah witness.

The last ten years have been spent with an independant church of God (splinter group from old world wide church of God - herbert armstrong movement). It is here that I was first introduced to Sabbath and Holy Days and come to a very basic understanding of them, but I always struggled with Pauls writings and within this church the need to write several booklets on "understanding the hard sayings of Paul" and "What did Paul mean in his letter to the Galations." In my mind in that time and culture they didnt have the tons of interlinears, commentaries, and etc that we have today so why do we need all these different commentaries to understand what Paul meant.

Well I am grateful to this site and I am now beginning my journey. I just began reading Intro to God. My question to the group is from there where do you all suggest I go. Also good recommendations on beginning reference materials. I saw the thread on resources, the list is good but if you were on a limited income what top three resources would you purchase first. What andriod apps can you all recommend that will be beneficial to my journey as I search for truth and a true relationship with Yahweh.
Thank You
Martin Maynard (KD5JKH)
In Loving Memory of our Daughter Bailey DeLonais Maynard
January 13, 2005 - March 28, 2005
S.I.D.S. ITS REAL!
www.healingokhearts.org
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:34:51 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^
Hi, Nitram.

I'm still cleaning up shavings on isle 20, but if you're already reading ITG, then after you finish that, you might expand your depth, length and width by reading YadYah.com
And I point ppl to BlessYahowah.com
It is more a condensed version of both. And if you didn't notice, the same author has a book titled, QuestioningPaul.com
There are some A class machinist here that can show you where to go, but in YadaYah, he gives a good list of in the Bare'syth section.
Take care.
Offline Nitram  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:48:07 AM(UTC)
Nitram
Man

Thanks my friend.

Another quick question.

I see several posts refer to DSS book, which I am assuming is Dead Sea Scrolls. Can you or someone else point me in direction of what DSS bible to purchase. I did a real quick google search and came up with this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060600632/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Thank You
Martin Maynard (KD5JKH)
In Loving Memory of our Daughter Bailey DeLonais Maynard
January 13, 2005 - March 28, 2005
S.I.D.S. ITS REAL!
www.healingokhearts.org
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:15:07 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Welcome Nitram.

That is the version I use for quick reference to the DSS (Dead Sea Scrolls). I would say get the paper back you can find a copy for real cheap. I also have the Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls Collection addition for Logos which gives you access to a transcription of the Hebrew rather than just a translation. What makes that translation nice is that it points out the differences between the DSS and the MT (Masoretic Text).

On the android the My Sword app is really pretty good. And Logos has an app, but to get the good stuff on it you have to have a copy of the program, but if you do you then have full access to you Logos library. I would highly recommend getting the Logos Original Languages package if you can afford it. It's about $400 but well worth the investment.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand