logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cgb2  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 7:47:46 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Rather than continue to discuss (off topic) in YY letters, I thought this deserved its very own thread, Here's a review:

encounterHim: I was just thinking on this yesterday, Yah certainly signed it in blood, alot of blood on Passover. I mean, to the bone. So what's to think about? A little piece of skin is really nothing when you consider His efforts toward us and all He's done, and will do, fullfilling His agreement. We only have to remove something not visible to most, and really not tangible in my opinion.
Good luck, B, if you decide to go for it. Like yada said, there are men here that have had it done that can better address it. I was lucky, not in the Covenant then, but lucky I was young.

encounterHim:
^
Apologies to any offended. Maybe I should look for a better word than, "luck."

Gad: "fortune," a Bab. god.
Original Word: גַּד
Part of Speech: Proper Name Masculine
Transliteration: Gad
Phonetic Spelling: (gad)
Short Definition: Fortune

cgb2: No prob EH. While there is many things I won't compromise on (like YHWH, Yahowsha, set apart etc...and especially substituting Yahowah with "the LORD" <ha BAAL...the adversaries title and ambitions>....I've already been down that rathole of studying the sheer amount of english words with pagan roots.

I even got off in the weeds of substituting one religion for another, with a weekly group of folks who let Paul/Sha'ul color their world in that (another) covenant had already been renewed (instead of yet future), and taking verses about pure lips, no mention of the Lords ever again upon his return and such. It was comical how often we would resort to pantomine, spelling the first few letters, and the guessing games, and how to decribe a day in the week. Most people are not even aware or think of pagan gods in thier use of modern english. However if I ever run into someone who speaks ancient tuetonic I'll will be sure not to refer to God as gott :^)

encounterHim: Thanks man!
I always appreciate your help. I found a couple of real nice vids. Some I'm not in agreement with, but the over all message is worth consideration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojf5PXBH47U and the one in the right scroll bar titled..Christians are sealed with

cgb2: That's a great video, even affirms my point since since the context of several of those verses are about His return and renewal of the covenant (yet future).

Looking back I squandered way too much time on learning what was wrong to the point I couldn't even present what was right and the one path in simplified form...I'm not even sure I knew it myself. Talk about straining out a knat and swallowing a camel (interesting parable since both are unclean for food).

My message probably came out as religious (don't say this, this practice is wrong), and although I sensed Paul annuled the Torah, even paused for a long time considering the angle that Paul was "pro-torah just misunderstood" just to get along. I finally later come to my senses, left this group, never to return, after a heated argument about Paul/Shaw'ul. Giving the strongest evidence, even reading all the passage of Jer 30 & 31 chapter (clearly yet future, only to have them say the chapters should be split up different - divorcing the dream from interpretation). Absolutely impenetrable.

There is great wisdom in a recent point of yours - don't attack their religion, instead show them Abrahams example, unblemished lamb - as if there is such a thing, 'cept the Son, etc. I regret getting bogged down in that group, thereby really messing up my approach to many xtian friends and family.

cgb2: ...and the brilliant simplicity (of your post):
Enter the door, cross the threshhold into matza, become one of his firstfruits.
We could also add:
be washed and empowered by the spirit, shout for joy and sound the warning, being reconcilled unto him, camping out with Him throughout eternity in his shelter.
Back to top PM

encounterHim: ^
When I heard Yada mention, "not even a nano second passes by and you enter matza after passover." I knew Yah was trying to say that they are all interlinked for us.
As far as the unblimished lamb, my wife possed that question to me. "how long would one search out that lamb?" It got me thinking, there is no such animal alive
in all creation. So Yah was being metaphoric in His example for us.
I laugh when I think about that one hebrew that didn't get it. For months he was grooming this lamb as being perfect and getting it home for the family to enjoy its
company before it became nourishment to find out just before the sacrifice, the lambs bum has a pimple on it..:))

dajstill:
Doing a happy dance - you guys really, really just help me to "simplify" the message! I actually had a xthian friend say "in simple terms, what do you say it takes for salvation". I took 8 paragraphs responding!! His reply was "okay, that is simplified?" So wish I had a do over with you all's simplified response:
" Enter the door, cross the threshold into matza, become one of his firstfruits, be washed and empowered by the spirit, shout for joy and sound the warning, being reconciled unto him, camping out with Him throughout eternity in his shelter.”

LOVE IT!!!!!!
Offline cgb2  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 7:57:10 AM(UTC)
cgb2

I hear ya dajstill.
This was especially in my face, when I was sharing with a close xtian freind "the Torah is so simple a child could understand, yet so deep and rich you could spend a lifetime..." Then realized then & later, I don't have a clue as how to present it so even a child could understand.

This was something Yada summarized that helped greatly:

With His Covenant, Yahowah asks five things of us, and in return He promises five things to us. (To understand why there is a focus on five, look at Yahowah's name in Ancient Hebrew and observe the five hands.) These are:

1) Walk away from Babylon, from corruption, from confusion, from country, from politics, from patriotism, from religion, from one's earthly family.

2) Trust and rely on Yahowah which requires us to know Him and understand what He is offering by observing His Towrah.

3) Walk to Yahowah and become perfect, which is achieved by accepting Yah's 7 Invitations.

4) Observe the Covenant, coming to know and understand its Terms and Benefits so that you can respond appropriately.

5) As parents we are to circumcise our sons, serving as a sign that we are committed to teaching them the Towrah and raising them to become part of Yah's family.

Those who engage with Yahowah in this way receive the following five benefits:

1) Eternal Life (as a result of the promise of Passover),

2) Perfection (and thus vindication and redemption) (as a result of the promise of Unleavened Bread),

3) Adoption into Yah's Covenant Family (as a result of the promise of FirstFruits),

4) Enrichment and Enlightenment (receiving the Towrah and benefiting from its Teaching) (as a result of the promise of Seven Sabbaths),

5) Empowerment (also part of the promise of Seven Sabbaths).

But since xtians are so focused on the implement (jebus), that other one will help them see Masse'yah in all the miqra.

I'd imagine we'll see some of these ideas in future "YY for littles" :^)
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 8:12:11 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I like that, Chuck. But I've changed the last line to this:

But since Christians are focused on Yah's implement, whom they wrongly call "Jesus", instead of on Yahowah and His Torah, they never see the Masse'yah Yahowsha in all the festivals (Feasts, or Miqraim).
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 1:48:25 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I would go on to say that we can't actually walk away from ones country without walking into another country and being caught up in the same beguiling we were fleeing from. So, in Abes time this was possible and you could more or less become nomadic in a sense and not be beholding to anyone and only rely on Yah. In our present condition, we would end up being subject to others will by aligning with their borders. Actually accomplishing little in my opinion. I think Yah is asking us to strip the notion from your mind that your country is anything other than an inconvenience. Its ways are deadly and will end up causing your death also if you let it have your will.
Of course we can always leave family. Matter fact, that could be the easiest thing to do for some, but is this what He is saying to us today? I have to question that one. I think He's telling us that this earthly family has set traditions before you that are not His ways and you need to start walking away from them..xmas, easter, .etc. And when you do stop the ba'al nonsense only then can you start to form a relationship with Him. Choose Ba'al or Him, make up your mind on this. And when you do, which it took Abe some time by the way, then you start relying on Him instead of babel, meaning your pretenses and pride will be out the door b/c you realize they were futile to begin with. You understand where your freedom comes from for once in your life, finally. You now have the freedom knowing you won't burn for your sins in eternity and can come to know Yah on His terms. And they be lite!:^) He wants you easing into coming to accept Him. We have all talked about how we were 1st coming to know Him and how we were ready to slay this world for its arrogance against His true Word, only to recognize that is where He needs you when the time is right, but till then, take your time, verify and you will build trust.
Sorry, I have to talk on the phone. Since I started writing, UPS, Fed-X have stopped me, losing my train of thought, and now my son in law wanting to chatter about how good a picker he is...lol. Nose picker maybe! I'll get back to my thoughts later. I bought him an Ipod and he too has been listening. He calls me from smack dab in the middle of the woods at times. "uh, uh, Yada lost me. What does he mean by, this or that."..lol. I'll say, "you tell me?" That's always fun explaining after he gets going. Picker, to him means, buying old vehicles and flipping them. Better talk to him while I can.
Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 3:42:05 PM(UTC)
cgb2

flintface wrote:
I like that, Chuck. But I've changed the last line to this:

But since Christians are focused on Yah's implement, whom they wrongly call "Jesus", instead of on Yahowah and His Torah, they never see the Masse'yah Yahowsha in all the festivals (Feasts, or Miqraim).

Yes much better said
Offline dajstill  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:24:32 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I love Yada's summary. I have used it before, but my problem is I end up trying to explain to people what those five steps we must do instead of simply listing them. Until folks have studied, they can't really understand what "walk away from Babylon" means. It's just words until the learn to see Babylon as Yahowah does, and hate it as much as He does.
They can't understand the significance of circumcision until they understand the significance of the covenant, or even truly understand what a covenant is. Until you understand, circumcision seems like nothing more than a religious tradition, when you were just told to walk away from religion. Once you understand what a covenant is, then the covenant Yahowah made with Abraham, only then do you "get" what circumcision is all about. So, instead of trying to explain, I need to just state it and be done. If folks have questions, then we can cross that bridge.
Offline Richard  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:33:34 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Good thinking, sis. Laying a proper foundation can be tedious, but it is a critically important first step. Thank you for point that out.
Offline Camille  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:40:58 AM(UTC)
Camille

cgb2 wrote:
I hear ya dajstill.
This was especially in my face, when I was sharing with a close xtian freind "the Torah is so simple a child could understand, yet so deep and rich you could spend a lifetime..." Then realized then & later, I don't have a clue as how to present it so even a child could understand.

This was something Yada summarized that helped greatly:

With His Covenant, Yahowah asks five things of us, and in return He promises five things to us. (To understand why there is a focus on five, look at Yahowah's name in Ancient Hebrew and observe the five hands.) These are:

1) Walk away from Babylon, from corruption, from confusion, from country, from politics, from patriotism, from religion, from one's earthly family.

2) Trust and rely on Yahowah which requires us to know Him and understand what He is offering by observing His Towrah.

3) Walk to Yahowah and become perfect, which is achieved by accepting Yah's 7 Invitations.

4) Observe the Covenant, coming to know and understand its Terms and Benefits so that you can respond appropriately.

5) As parents we are to circumcise our sons, serving as a sign that we are committed to teaching them the Towrah and raising them to become part of Yah's family.

Those who engage with Yahowah in this way receive the following five benefits:

1) Eternal Life (as a result of the promise of Passover),

2) Perfection (and thus vindication and redemption) (as a result of the promise of Unleavened Bread),

3) Adoption into Yah's Covenant Family (as a result of the promise of FirstFruits),

4) Enrichment and Enlightenment (receiving the Towrah and benefiting from its Teaching) (as a result of the promise of Seven Sabbaths),

5) Empowerment (also part of the promise of Seven Sabbaths).

But since xtians are so focused on the implement (jebus), that other one will help them see Masse'yah in all the miqra.

I'd imagine we'll see some of these ideas in future "YY for littles" :^)

Thanks, cgb2. I greatly appreciate this, and look forward to sharing it with Christians as a good starting point to introduce the Way. Why, though, are Rosh HaShanah, Yom Kippurim, and Sukkot omitted? Is it because the full meaning has not yet been revealed (even though I think we have the basic idea)?