logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline knowing1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:31:23 PM(UTC)
knowing1

Sacrificial System:
I have been trying to reconcile the reason why Yahowah instructed Yisrael meticulously as to how and why sacrifices were to be carried out and for what purposes, with the time after Yahoshah's sacrifice. Did the Messiyah Yahoshah's sacrifice actually do away with the necessity to perform physical sacrifices? Why would Yahowah instruct us in the sacrificial system only to consider it unnecessary at some future time? Or did He?

Here is my take: Maybe Yahwah wanted for us to take "baby steps" by working with something that was all too familiar to us: Ritualistic sacrifices. Maybe He used the methodology of pagan practices, but to replace it with the pureness of His "System". Maybe by sacrificing something that had meaning to us, or something that we owned was the key.

The Ark of the Covenant, Priestly Vestments, Tabernacle, etc.:
Why did Yah establish meticulous instructions on how to build the Ark of the Covenant, Priestly Vestments, Menorah, Tabernacle, etc. only to do away with the need for them at some future time? Was this also due to the ultimate sacrifice of Messiyah Yahoshah?

Are these instructions now spiritual rather than physical for those who know Yahowah?

May Yah Bless us with his Towrah.

Offline dajstill  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 1:30:31 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My personal belief is that they will return during the millennial reign. I think sometimes we often don't talk much about that 1,000 year time frame that is supposed to take place before the establishment of the final eternity. We are coming to year 6,000; but isn't there supposed to be 7,000 years on this planet?

I think they will all be back into play at some point; I think we will have a much more perfect understanding of them at that point as well. We may not be fully partaking in them (like, I am not sure if those instructions of sacrifice would only be for those that are born after the tribulation). I don't know exactly what happens to those of us that are taken to safety during the Feast of Trumpets (do we come back or do we simply stay with Yahowah out of this earth and time?). It will be interesting, that is for sure.

I do sometimes wear tizits. They actually do remind me of the towrah instructions and keep my stress level down. If I have to really think or make a decision, I'll just stop and rub them in my hand (I usually only wear one, not four on each corner) and think - "where did my Father give me advice on this, I know He already covered this I just have to find it).
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 3:01:47 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I agree with dajstill, when the temple is rebuilt for the 1,000 year right sacrifices will resume, at least that is how I see it. Each was given meticulous instruction because each detail was important and was symbolic of something, there is a lesson in each.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 3:45:11 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I agree too! I think these sacrifices are to show us, the more blood that hits the ground, the more concern it is. I'm sure when He showed us how He loved all His creation by allowing Adams participation in the naming of His created, that it concerns God when one of His creations must be killed to atone for us, that have a conscience and don't exercise it properly, while and animal is just dumb but pays the price for us, the real dummies.
Offline knowing1  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 12:14:33 PM(UTC)
knowing1

But why would we need the sacrificial systems if we would be perfected by Yah and have the Towrah placed inside of us?

What about the instructions regarding the Tabernacle?

Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 12:59:58 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^
Our Father in His perfect mercy will still be extending the offer of freewill to those born into the millinium rest, I suspect. Though you might learn and have the Towrah engrained in you, but if you as a couple have children during these 1,000yrs, Yah I assume would want them to have the same option we had. You can either seek to be grafted in, or reject His offer. If we start witnessing the sacrifice of His creation and see how much it troubles Him, and how much you actually care about that, then that would make anyone want to learn even faster so they can be pleasing. Well, I would assume those born during this time will also witness this system and want to learn.
And then, there might be those that opt out?
Offline JamesH  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2012 7:57:26 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does this still apply today?

The Law of the Altar
Exodus 20:22-24

22 Then YHWH said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘You yourselves have seen that I have spoken to you from heaven. 23 ‘You shall not make other gods besides Me; gods of silver or gods of gold, you shall not make for yourselves. 24 ‘You shall make an altar of earth for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen; in every place where I cause My name to be remembered, I will come to you and bless you. 25 ‘If you make an altar of stone for Me, you shall not build it of cut stones, for if you wield your tool on it, you will profane it. 26 ‘And you shall not go up by steps to My altar, so that your nakedness will not be exposed on it.’
Offline JamesH  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 4:16:08 AM(UTC)
JamesH

JamesH wrote:
Does this still apply today?

The Law of the Altar
Exodus 20:22-24

24 ‘You shall make an altar of earth for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen; in every place where I cause My name to be remembered, I will come to you and bless you.

Offline JamesH  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:12:51 AM(UTC)
JamesH

I found some verses that might help answer my question above.

Deuteronomy 12: 1-28
Verse 15, 16 and 21-25

But it still brings up more questions for me. I’ll keep working on it.
Offline knowing1  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 3:29:41 PM(UTC)
knowing1

This topic came up in a conversation with a collegue in my office earlier this week. Have not had a chance to look into this myself, however. Any luck JH?

Shabbat Shalom
Offline JamesH  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 4:45:06 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Hi knowing1

Thanks for asking, so far I am seeing that the law of the altar still applies today.

I'm finding that their are definitely  different instructions for the altar within your gates and the altar in the Temple.

My wife was not happy when I just recently ordered 4 tons of natural rock "no cutting tools"and told her I was building a sacrificial altar in the back yard.

I  got to explain the Hebrew definition of sacrifice to her and a Christian friend of hers. Zebach ( to slay an animal for food) and an altar is a BBQ.

The first thing she said is " your not going to eat Lacy are you" the new lamb my 8 and 10 yr old Grand daughters named.
I had to explaine for now we are just going to eat the boys.

The most interesting thing I found so far is " when Yah's presence was in the Temple, the sacrifices were family meals with Yah"

So I still have 3 more tons of rock to move, more study and stacking the rock

The boys are safe for now.
Offline knowing1  
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2012 3:35:49 AM(UTC)
knowing1

I don't know...I am conflicted with the fact that the meaning of "offerings" regarding the temple times is different than the "offerings" that Yah presents in the Miqray. One is an animal sacrifice, while the other is presenting our souls to Yah.

Maybe there was a lot of content lost in the translations over the millenia, and Yah established the ancient system for us to actually separate the physical from the spiritual so that our souls can approach Yah??

Still having fun searching the Truth of Yah's Word!

Shabbat Shalom to all.....

May Yah Bless All Who Know Him....

Offline JamesH  
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2012 4:05:19 AM(UTC)
JamesH

I think religion has gotten in the way of what Yah had intended for his offerings. (look up the Hebrew definition of offering)

I read it as a special family dinner get together.

Sit at the table, eat, drink, laugh, tell stories, visit with our fathers, talk and listen to Yah,s word and when Yah returns we will be able to hear him again!
Offline JamesH  
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2012 6:30:46 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Is this an accurate statement ?

Hebrews 10:4

4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
Offline JamesH  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:56:23 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Hi Knowing 1 

What do you think of this one

Deuteronomy 27: 1 -10

5 Build there an altar to YHWH your God, an altar of stones. Do not use any iron tool on them. 6 Build the altar of YHWH your God with fieldstones and offer burnt offerings on it to YHWH your God. 7 Sacrifice fellowship offerings there, eating them and rejoicing in the presence of YHWH your God. 8 And you shall write very clearly all the words of this law on these stones you have set up.”9 Then Moses and the Levitical priests said to all Israel, “Be silent, Israel, and listen! You have now become the people of YHWH your God. 10 Obey YHWH your God and follow his commands and decrees that I give you today.”
Offline JamesH  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:10:29 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Eating and drinking with YHWH!!!!!

Exodus 24 : 9 - 11

10.   So they saw God, and they ate and drank.