logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 10:16:29 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
So, in getting ready for my "Yada for Littles" with my kids, I was going over Genesis Chapter 1 and 2. Okay, I "could" be completely wrong and if I am, well - it wouldn't be the first time - LOL.

However, I "think" I get the whole people outside the garden thing!

Okay, I was always told that Genesis 2 was simply a "retelling" of Genesis 1 in the creation of man on the 6th day. Then it hit me - what if it's not!!! For instance, on the 6th day when YHWH created man in Genesis 1: 26 - 31, that was a VERY specific happening. First, He created male and female at the same time - the same He did with the animals. Then He gave them instructions letting them know they had dominion over the animals, what they should eat, He then tells them to "be fruitful and multiply".

Now, if I allow that to stand on it's own, it makes complete sense to me that it was a different encounter "after" the creation of the first humanoids so to speak that YHWH turned His focus to the place He set aside for Himself and made Adam. First, it specifically states He made Adam from the dust of the ground. Maybe this was because He made a diverse array of "man" on that 6th day (just like He made a diversity of trees, flowers, cows, etc.), but He didn't want any "one" shade of His diverse creation of "man" to be able to claim Adam - so He formed Adam from the dust of the ground. He then gave Adam a DIFFERENT set of instructions - Adam had restrictions on which trees He could eat because he had a DIFFERENT set of trees, those inside the garden were not the same as those outside of the garden. When He formed Hawwah - YHWH doesn't tell them to "be fruitful and multiply".

Keep going with me here, okay - because this has got me really thinking here. In chapter 5 of Genesis we see it clearly say "This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that Elohim created man, He made him in the likeness of Elohim." So, we are then told that look here folks - this is going to focus on the lineage of Adam. So we go from YHWH explaining to us everything that happened before Adam, then letting us know - that's all you need to know about what happened before Adam. Now we are going to focus on what happened sense Adam because that is the way you find Me and My plan from the beginning of Adam.

Does that make sense? It just seems very clear to me that He made "man" and then He made Adam. Anyone else get that?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 1:22:43 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
The only thing I would disagree with is that I think Ba'reshiyth 1:26 is speaking specifically of the creation of Adam. The reason being

1. In the Hebrew 'adam is in the singular, so Yahowah created A Man or The Man, and not mankind. English translations miss render this as mankind, but 'adam is singular. In fact in verse 27 it is rendered ha'adam or the man.
2. It says that God made him, 'adam, in His image. While there where humans of some form outside of Eden, Adam was the first man made in Yah's image, with a neshamah.

But i completely agree that Yah is not interested in much prior to Adam, because the only this important to Him is His Covenant and that came through Adam.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline dajstill  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 4:59:48 PM(UTC)
dajstill

But why the different instructions? Why did they not be fruitful and multiply until after expulsion from the garden? Hawwah is recorded as having given birth to 3 males and no females. If only Adam was created and Hawwah it doesn't make sense. In Genesis 1 is doesn't say YHWH breathed into them just told them to multiply. If YHWH only created Adam and Hawwah who created the people outside the garden. It just gets confusing again because Chapter 1 is completely different from chapter 2 when it comes to what happened if they are both Adam or am I reading it wrong? It starts to feel like Paul's 3 conversion stories.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 6:28:40 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Everything from 1:1 to 2:3 is a large swath painting, but then in 2:5 Yah takes a step back in the story telling process to fill in details. Notice that 2:5 speaks of the land having no plants, even though 1:11 spoke of plants coming up.

So the 7 day creation account was a broad stroke telling of the creation, but then Yah stepped back to fill in details. I think he did this because the seven days of creation where meant in a prophetic way.

With that in mind the instruction to be fruitful and multiply may not have come right after the creation of Adam, especially since he was not given a mate until later.

I would say that the "humans" outside of the garden where created by Yahowah just as all life was, but not in His image, that was unique to Adam. Those outside the garden would have been for all intents and purposes nothing more than intelligent animals.

Offline dajstill  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:33:10 AM(UTC)
dajstill

James wrote:

I would say that the "humans" outside of the garden where created by Yahowah just as all life was, but not in His image, that was unique to Adam. Those outside the garden would have been for all intents and purposes nothing more than intelligent animals.

So who did Adam and Hawwah's children reproduce with? Genesis only states that Hawwah had 3 sons (Qayin, Hebel, and Seth) at first, then after their birth sons and daughters. Genesis 4 speaks of Qayin taking a wife, but doesn't say the wife was his sister. Who did he marry?

For instance, in Chapter 5 it says that Adam brought forth one child in "his" image - Seth. It is only after Seth that he brought for "sons and daughters". But, the genealogy reads as if Qayin was married before Seth was born as Hawwah said that Seth replace Habel.

Also, doesn't the towrah forbid having relations with your sister? If Hebel was married and didn't have children before Qayin killed him, Seth could have married her, but who was she? If all the children that could marry and intermarry were all produced by Adam and Hawwah - Hawwah would have to give birth every 9 months. Having myself had 3 children in less than 2 years - I can't imagine that being a wonderful life for Hawwah to do this for 800 years! Especially when painful childbirthwas a part of her punishment. Were the boys sisters just being marched off to be baby making factories? Especially when Lemek is the first one I see noted as having 2 wives.

I guess I just can't wrap my head around Adam and Hawwah populating the entire earth. Even with living well past 800 years old, the record that we know of from places like Ancient Egypt and Ancient China says there were some pretty large populations spread across the earth with the historical record indicating the Xia Dynasty in the China region as far back as 2100 BCE and their being pretty good historical records indicating ancient Egyptian tribes 3500 BCE and earlier.

I know the tectonic plates were much different, so walking across continents was possible, but it seems the women would have had to been simply chattel to get the recorded population density. I have to think on this a bit!
Offline lassie1865  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:07:20 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I was just thinking last night about Yahowsha's saying: "My sheep hear My voice, and they follow Me". So, what 'voices' do we hear in Scripture? Well, there is the voice of Yahowah, some words of Satan, and Paul's words; that's about it. So, who says "me", "my", and "follow"? Well, I suppose it is Yahowah: "Listen/shamar to My Torah"; Yahowsha: "Follow Me"; and Paul: "my Gospel", "imitate me". Hmmm. Yahowsha is giving us a choice and a warning here: "Follow Me, not Paul".
Offline dajstill  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:59:20 AM(UTC)
dajstill

lassie1865 wrote:
I was just thinking last night about Yahowsha's saying: "My sheep hear My voice, and they follow Me". So, what 'voices' do we hear in Scripture? Well, there is the voice of Yahowah, some words of Satan, and Paul's words; that's about it. So, who says "me", "my", and "follow"? Well, I suppose it is Yahowah: "Listen/shamar to My Torah"; Yahowsha: "Follow Me"; and Paul: "my Gospel", "imitate me". Hmmm. Yahowsha is giving us a choice and a warning here: "Follow Me, not Paul".

I guess I am a little confused by this. I am not trying to follow Paul - I am just asking questions I would expect my children to ask. I am figuring out these things don't even make sense to me. I don't think it is wrong to simply ask who Qayin married and why if the first thing YHWH told Adam and Hawwah to do was "be fruitful and multiply" why did they not have any children until they were expelled from the garden.

I am not saying I don't trust Yahowah or that I don't follow Yahowsha'.

In my small mind - it makes more sense that Yahowah made men outside the garden, men that didn't have His "breath" and therefore really didn't have the relationship with Him that Adam had than that He made a half man/half animal type creature. I just can't get my head around that. Then, if in the garden 6,000 years ago we started with just Adam and Hawwah - how did we get the populations that are recorded in history throughout the word - especially with the physical diversity that doesn't hold based on climate alone.

For instance, it is pretty much proven that all humans share 99% dna in common. That 1% difference is what gives us the diversity we see in eye color, hair color, hair texture, etc. If we know this difference is dna based, then the differences we have amongst ourselves can't be climate based. It doesn't make sense that everyone shared the exact same first parents (Adam and Hawwah) and simply living in the region of China versus the region of North America created hair, eye, and skin color differences because that would mean climate affects DNA- which would support evolution. So, where does our DNA based diversity come from?

We have had this conversation before with my children - trying to tell them everyone came from Adam and Hawwah and they ask very legitimate questions - then why are people all different colors? Good question in my eyes. We are Black, Black people have been in this country for over 500 years, why do we still have features that more closely resemble people born in middle or southern Africa rather than people native to North America? If climate accounted for physical diversity then I should look more like my neighbors than someone born 5,000 miles away. I also have Scottish in my ancestry, but I look more African than Scottish - so physical diversity must come from something other than environment.

But, I would feel more comfortable dropping the notion of people outside the garden if I could just be led to scripture that indicates who Qayin and Seth married. The Genesis account just doesn't support Qayin marrying a sister unless people were not born as infants, but as adults. It doesn't even record people having children until they are over 100 years old. Adam had Seth at 130 years old. Seth had Enosh at 105. Was his wife a 12 year old sister? Was his wife a 100 year old sister? Did he marry a niece?

I don't know, I guess I am just frustrated that I have to go with something that in my mind just doesn't pass the logic muster. Again, I am not saying I don't trust Yahowah, it is the opposite. I do trust Him and I trust what He said and I am finding that when something doesn't make sense - it is generally wrong. But I will just drop it and shut my brain off for this one.
Offline Richard  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:39:10 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Dajstill, I agree that it is not sensible - well, too hard to wrap my limited mind around at least - to think that Adam and Chawah spawned all the peoples on earth. And I too have come to consider as probable that there were other humans living outside the protected enclosure, with the females of whom the sons of Adam could mate. Hasn't Yada mentioned before that the conscience seems to be passed down from fathers to their children? I may be imagining that, but I do seem to recall it. If that is the case, it would explain how the children of Adam's sons came to have consciences.

So if the only difference between Adam and his family and those humans outside the protected enclosure was the conscience, then the sons of Adam would not have been species blending when they mated with the daughters of those outside the enclosure. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Offline dajstill  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:11:42 AM(UTC)
dajstill

flintface wrote:
Dajstill, I agree that it is not sensible - well, too hard to wrap my limited mind around at least - to think that Adam and Chawah spawned all the peoples on earth. And I too have come to consider as probable that there were other humans living outside the protected enclosure, with the females of whom the sons of Adam could mate. Hasn't Yada mentioned before that the conscience seems to be passed down from fathers to their children? I may be imagining that, but I do seem to recall it. If that is the case, it would explain how the children of Adam's sons came to have consciences.

So if the only difference between Adam and his family and those humans outside the protected enclosure was the conscience, then the sons of Adam would not have been species blending when they mated with the daughters of those outside the enclosure. Just my thoughts on the matter.

That was my understanding too Flintface. I could swear I saw or heard Yada mention it. It just makes more sense that Adam's children mated with people outside the garden. I just can't see it the other way.
It also explains the need for an enclosure in the first place. If it was only Adam and his family why not give him the entire earth? Why else would Yahowah put a mark on Qayin that other people could see and understand not to harm him if there were only his parents and siblings around. Yah could have just told Adam to tell his kids to not kill Qayin.
Offline James  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:21:48 AM(UTC)
James
Man

dajstill wrote:
So who did Adam and Hawwah's children reproduce with? Genesis only states that Hawwah had 3 sons (Qayin, Hebel, and Seth) at first, then after their birth sons and daughters. Genesis 4 speaks of Qayin taking a wife, but doesn't say the wife was his sister. Who did he marry?

For instance, in Chapter 5 it says that Adam brought forth one child in "his" image - Seth. It is only after Seth that he brought for "sons and daughters". But, the genealogy reads as if Qayin was married before Seth was born as Hawwah said that Seth replace Habel.

Also, doesn't the towrah forbid having relations with your sister? If Hebel was married and didn't have children before Qayin killed him, Seth could have married her, but who was she? If all the children that could marry and intermarry were all produced by Adam and Hawwah - Hawwah would have to give birth every 9 months. Having myself had 3 children in less than 2 years - I can't imagine that being a wonderful life for Hawwah to do this for 800 years! Especially when painful childbirthwas a part of her punishment. Were the boys sisters just being marched off to be baby making factories? Especially when Lemek is the first one I see noted as having 2 wives.

I guess I just can't wrap my head around Adam and Hawwah populating the entire earth. Even with living well past 800 years old, the record that we know of from places like Ancient Egypt and Ancient China says there were some pretty large populations spread across the earth with the historical record indicating the Xia Dynasty in the China region as far back as 2100 BCE and their being pretty good historical records indicating ancient Egyptian tribes 3500 BCE and earlier.

I know the tectonic plates were much different, so walking across continents was possible, but it seems the women would have had to been simply chattel to get the recorded population density. I have to think on this a bit!

I think there are a couple of issues here, one of which is translation. 'erets rarely means earth, it most often means land or region. So Yahowah's instruction to Adam and Chawah was to fill the region or land, not necessarily the earth. Translating it as Earth leads to the idea of a population of millions within Adam's life, but region would not take nearly that number, and I don't think the instruction was meant solely to them for the two of them to populate it, but rather to there descendants after them.

It appears to me as though the descendants of Adam mated with the humans that lived outside of the Eden after they left Eden. So when Cain married it would have been to one of them. This to me explains the nephaliym, they where not the offspring of angels and man, but rather the offspring of the sons of God, Adam and Chawah's descendants, and the daughters of man, the human like beings that existed outside of Eden.

Offline James  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:28:21 AM(UTC)
James
Man

dajstill wrote:
That was my understanding too Flintface. I could swear I saw or heard Yada mention it. It just makes more sense that Adam's children mated with people outside the garden. I just can't see it the other way.
It also explains the need for an enclosure in the first place. If it was only Adam and his family why not give him the entire earth? Why else would Yahowah put a mark on Qayin that other people could see and understand not to harm him if there were only his parents and siblings around. Yah could have just told Adam to tell his kids to not kill Qayin.

Exactly there where other people outside of Eden, but they where not man made in Yah's image as Adam was. I wasn't disagreeing with you on this at all. The only difference I had is that I didn't think that 1:26 was speaking of these men, but specifically of Adam, for the reason I mention. Yah never speaks of making these men specifically because from His view they where just another animal on the planet.

The reason I see 1:26 as being Adam specifically is despite translations the Hebrew 'adam is written in the singular form, and then is referred to with the definite article "the". And then the 'adam is said to be made in Yah's image, which the human like animals outside Eden where not.

Like I said it seems that the 7 day creation account tells the story in broad strokes, and then in the 5th verse of the second chapter Yah takes a step back, hence referencing that their was not plant life, and fills in details specific to Adam.

Offline Mike  
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:20:15 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
There is more to Bare'syth 1:28 than just having children. That is the cool thing about Yah's word. Often there are multiple ideas communicated in the same statement.

This is from the Nesamah chapter:

And while most incorrectly believe that the following verse is about having
children, it’s actually about closing the gap between our three and a half
dimensional realm and Yahowah’s seven, increasing to become as exceedingly
great as God. It is the essence of His purpose and plan. It is why He bowed down
to us in love. “And God knelt down next to them (barak – adoring and blessing
them, greeting them in love and lifting them up), saying to them, ‘Be fruitful
(parah – flourish, be productive, increase) and multiply (rabah – become
exceedingly great and numerous, being enlarged, reaching a very high point).’”
(Bare’syth / In the Beginning / Genesis 1:28) There is nothing greater than being
adopted into Yahowah’s family and inheriting all that is His.

Adam was created and placed in the garden.

Returning to the first Eden, the “joyous enclosure” was more than a metaphor;
it was a real place. After reprising the beginning of the passage, we discover:
“And Yahowah, Almighty, planted and firmly embedded a sheltered and
protected garden conducive to life in Eden from (min) the east (qedem – the
former or earlier time and pertaining to eternity)…” While we are given many
more specific clues, Eden was east of Yisra’el. And figuratively, qedem tells us
that ‘Eden is indicative of eternity in the Promised Land.
“…and He established him (sym), relationally (‘asher) fashioning and
forming (yasar – conceiving, planning, forging, and creating) the man named
‘Adam (‘Adam) there (sam – in that position and place).” (Bare’syth / In the
Beginning / Genesis 2:8) All of creation, like the joyous shelter, was established
for man. From God’s perspective, we exist in the center of the universe.
There is something else worth pondering here. By using sym, translated
“established,” but also meaning “placed,” God could be inferring that mankind
was created outside of the garden, and that this unique man, one named Adam,
was placed there after receiving the nesamah. You see, this passage could have
been translated: “…and He put there the man whom relationally He had
formed.”

Cain taking a wife, read the Nesamah chapter page 29:

One of Christendom’s greatest myths, that of Adam being the only man in
existence during his stay in Eden, is being pulverized by God’s Word. “Then
Cain went away from (yatsa’ – departed from) the presence (paneh) of
Yahowah and settled in (yasab – came to dwell and live in, inhabit) the
land (‘erets – region) of Nod (nowd – of lamenting and complaints, of homeless
wanderings, of destitution and hopelessness), east of Eden.” (Bare’syth / In the
Beginning / Genesis 4:15) Places were named after people, or at least types of
people. Nowd denotes the nomadic lifestyle of the early hunter gatherer—
something, as a farmer, Cain would have loathed.
After being banished, Cain found a woman among the nomads of Nod, and he
chose to marry her. Though it does not say so implicitly, it is implied that the men
and women living outside the garden did not possess a nesamah/conscience. But
the offspring of a parent like Cain with a nesamah would be so equipped. It is the
only rational conclusion which can be made from the Scriptural and archeological
evidence.
Along these lines, we know that the addition of the nesamah made Adam
uniquely different from other animals. It is therefore what made Adam like God.
Further, we know that children inherit a nesamah from their parents because Cain
would not have been judged if he were incapable of knowing right from wrong.
Further still, this point is hammered home in the introduction to the fifth chapter
of Genesis, something we’ll examine momentarily. And lastly, in the conclusion
to the flood, Yahowah declares that He achieved His purpose, that of ridding the
region of corrupt souls with a nesamah. Collectively, these insights strongly
suggest that both the nesamah/conscience/judgment and nepesh/consciousness
and soul are passed on as part of human conception. The child of a parent with
one, gets one.

Shabat Shalom
Offline lassie1865  
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:50:24 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

dagstill:

I wasn't actually responding to your post; perhaps I should have posted under "Paul". I was just sharing my thoughts on the "My sheep" verse.

Your question about Adam, etc. is a good one; I have often wondered the same thing. Since Adam was specially formed, however, I suppose his children could intermarry -- only later as their DNA degraded a little, was the prohibition made against marrying one's relatives. It does seem that populations can grow numerous very quickly even from a small group. I'm sure that the instruction to "fill the earth" meant "to begin to fill the earth . . . "

If God destroyed only those with a nesamah, then wouldn't there have been numerous 'men' out there in other parts of the earth without a nesamah who survived?
Offline needhelp  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 2:22:23 AM(UTC)
needhelp

Not very good at putting thoughts on paper. So here goes.

Woman was taken from Adam just as the Ruach Qodesh was
set apart from Yahowah,ie.". 27 So (wa -
and now) God (`elohym) created (bara') (`et - for association) `Adam (ha `adam
- the man) in His image (tselem - resemblance, pattern, and model; from an
unused root meaning shade), in the image (tselem) of God He created (bara')
him. Male and female He created them."

Bare'shiyth 2 5-8
5 Everyone (kol) ponder and consider (siah - imagine, meditate
upon and think about) the earth (`erets) before (terem - previous to the time of)
the spreading out of the land (sadeh - expansion of the ground, open fields,
and the terrestrial environment) came into being (hayah - came to exist) and
of all the growth of (samah - springing to life, and the increase in size, quantity,
and vitality of) green plants (`eseb - vegetation) in this earlier (terem - previous)
environment (sadeh - of expanding ground and of fields). For Yahowah, God
(`elohym), had not (lo') caused it to rain (matar) upon (`al) the land (`erets -
region). And (wa) `Adam (`adam - man) was not there (`ayin) to work (`abad -
toil in) the soil (`adamah - ground). 6 A mist (`ed - water vapor, dew, moisture,
and artesian springs) rose up (`alah) from (min) the land (`erets - ground or
earth), watering (saqah - providing drink to) the whole (kol) surface (paneh
- face and presence) of the ground (`adamah - dirt and soil).
7 Yahowah, God (`elohym), formed (yasar - forged and fashioned,
planned and prepared) (`et - for association and accompaniment) `Adam (ha
`adam - the man) from (min - out of) the powdery dust (`apar - fine dirt or
very small natural material particles) of (min) the ground (`adamah - soil or
earth) and blew (napah - breathed) into (ba) his (hu) nostrils (`ap - nose or
breathing passageway) a life-giving, restoring and sustaining (hayym)
conscience (nesamah - seat of judgment, of recognizing the difference
between right and wrong, discernment and discrimination), and `Adam came to
exist as (hayah) a living (hay / chay) soul (nepesh - consciousness). 8 Yahowah,
God (`elohym) planted (nata' - established, firmly embedded the seed for) an
enclosed garden (gan) in (ba) `Eden/Great Joy (`eden - delight, ultimate
pleasure, extreme satisfaction and luxury, a favorable state of great gladness) in
the east, and he placed (sym – to place, usually implying moving from one place
to another) there the man (adam) which relationally (ashar) he had formed
and fashioned (yatsar).

Have thought about this alot.

Adam was made in Yahowah's image, immortal with the ability
to reason, a conscience, a set apart piece of Yahowah, thus
being Sons and Daughters of God. Yahowsha's brother and
sisters. "(Matt 12:48 [KJV+TVM (ES)])
But G1161 he answered G611[ G5679] and said G2036[ G5627] unto him that told G2036[ G5631] him G846, Who G5101 is G2076[ G5748] my G3450 mother G3384? and G2532 who G5101 are G1526[ G5748] my G3450 brethren G80?

(Matt 12:49 [KJV+TVM (ES)])
And G2532 he stretched fort G1614[ G5660] his G846 hand G5495 toward G1909 his G846 disciples G3101, and said G2036[ G5627], Behold G2400[ G5628] my G3450 mother G3384 and G2532 my G3450 brethren G80!

(Matt 12:50 [KJV+TVM (ES)])
For G1063 whosoever G3748 G302 shall do G4160[ G5661] the will G2307 of my G3450 Father G3962 whic G3588 is in G1722 heaven G3772, the same G846 is G2076[ G5748] my G3450 brother G80, and G2532 sister G79, and G2532 mother G3384.

Sin took our mortality and ability to appear pure to Yahowah
without "clothes", therefore we are now naked without the Light of the Ruach Qodesh.

Men were mortal instinctive creatures.

Yahowah created the garden for Adam. It was somewhat
different than outside. Safe, happy, more beautiful, full of
Yahowah's Light. The out side world could not stand this. A
different dimension maybe. Set apart.
Don't know. Somewhere to look forward to going. Back home.
Back to Yahowah. Renewed, Rejoined.
Offline JamesH  
#15 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 5:35:43 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
lassie1865 wrote:
dagstill:

Your question about Adam, etc. is a good one; I have often wondered the same thing. Since Adam was specially formed, however, I suppose his children could intermarry -- only later as their DNA degraded a little, was the prohibition made against marrying one's relatives.

Abraham and Sarah were brother and sister. (Genesis 20:12)
Offline dajstill  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 7:31:06 AM(UTC)
dajstill

JamesH wrote:
Abraham and Sarah were brother and sister. (Genesis 20:12)

She was the daughter of his father, but not his mother. She would have been considered his half sister. Very different than Seth having a child with his full sister.
Offline JamesH  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 11:09:06 AM(UTC)
JamesH

dajstill wrote:
She was the daughter of his father, but not his mother. She would have been considered his half sister. Very different than Seth having a child with his full sister.

Where does it say in YHWH’s word that Seth could not take his full sister as wife and have children?

How would a half sister be any different? (according to YHWH’s Word)
Offline dajstill  
#18 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 12:19:17 PM(UTC)
dajstill

JamesH wrote:
Where does it say in YHWH’s word that Seth could not take his full sister as wife and have children?

How would a half sister be any different? (according to YHWH’s Word)

Where does it say Seth took his sister as his wife?

So, are we to believe that Yahowah has been a changer overtime and that molestation and inbreeding were good but then He found out later it was a bad idea? I thought He changed not? Did He figure out later that one shouldn't have sex with their sister, but at first He thought that was a good route to take? Hmm, maybe Seth had children by His mother, can we declare that a possibility as well?
Offline JamesH  
#19 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 12:50:45 PM(UTC)
JamesH

dajstill wrote:
Where does it say Seth took his sister as his wife?

So, are we to believe that Yahowah has been a changer overtime and that molestation and inbreeding were good but then He found out later it was a bad idea? I thought He changed not? Did He figure out later that one shouldn't have sex with their sister, but at first He thought that was a good route to take? Hmm, maybe Seth had children by His mother, can we declare that a possibility as well?

Would YHWH say it is ok to have sex with an (animal human) and then change his mind? (Leviticus 20:15)

Is a Half sister still not a sister? Genesis 20:12, Leviticus 18:9
Offline FredSnell  
#20 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 12:54:10 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Carbon dating from what I remember reading has the ability to date human bones to some where around 80,000 years. And science has found bones that they believe are much older that 80k. I think it makes christians sound down right ignorant when they claim we've only been here for around say 6 to 7 thousand years. And there's a bunch of 'em that will stick with that story no matter what science says to the contrary. Nesahma is the life/spirit that we obtain through understanding, I believe. Nephesh/soul is in every breathing thing that Yah created. I think once a person obtains understanding, that person has the ability to obtain nesahma if he so desires, and may not desire to know God through His Covenant, and would not get nesahma b/c they didn't build that relationship that He would desire of all. Giving us the ability to either opt out and not choose Him, or except His instructions in our life and thus gaining. Now in a more complete understanding, man would recognize that in his stock of animals, that those that continue inbreeding, water down the ability of that animal to be strong. So if God gave man dominion over Gods created animals, He surely would want us all to recognize that keeping breeding close, just dilutes your own lineage, and making one weaker and weaker. Just look at the blackest on men that marry the whitest of women, or visa versa, and I don't care how ugly (looks) those two may be, their kids usually look and act alot stronger than their parents.
Offline dajstill  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 2:05:48 PM(UTC)
dajstill

JamesH wrote:
Would YHWH say it is ok to have sex with an (animal human) and then change his mind? (Leviticus 20:15)

Is a Half sister still not a sister? Genesis 20:12, Leviticus 18:9

Here is my point - I don't care what Moseh, Abraham, Dowd, or anyone other MAN did. Yahowah said don't lay with your sister, your mother, or any other close relative. Yahowah changes not. If Abraham truly married his sister than he was WRONG. Just like Dowd was wrong to commit adultery and have a man killed to cover up his sin. Man is NOT perfect and we don't use the actions of men to try and change Yahowah's word.

Who said a man that didn't know Yahowah was a beast?

I choose to believe Yahowah is not schizophrenic and that if He didn't want man having sex with his mother or his sister in the time of Moseh, He didn't want it in the time of Adam or the time of Abraham.

This will be a debate until Yahowsha' returns and can fill us in, but I am gong to err on the side of Yahowah being consistent and that He is not on the outside of what can be scientifically proven. It can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that mankind has a longer history than 2 people in a enclosed and sheltered place 6,000 years ago. Qayin married someone and it doesn't say he married his sister, I am going to err on the side of Yahowah looking at His Towrah as right and good and that he didn't marry his sister or his mother. Seth was seen as "good" and I am going to err on the side of him being consistent with Yahowah's towrah and assume he didn't have sex with his sister or his mother. I am going to assume that Yahowah isn't into changing the game in the middle and that what His towrah says is good and right is consistent regardless of time.
Offline JamesH  
#22 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 2:44:21 PM(UTC)
JamesH

dajstill wrote:

I choose to believe Yahowah is not schizophrenic and that if He didn't want man having sex with his mother or his sister in the time of Moseh, He didn't want it in the time of Adam or the time of Abraham.

Was YHWH schizophrenic or change his mind when he decided to have Abraham and his descendants circumcised, when no one in time before Abraham was circumcised? Genesis 17:9, 10
Offline dajstill  
#23 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 2:57:32 PM(UTC)
dajstill

JamesH wrote:
Was YHWH schizophrenic or change his mind when he decided to have Abraham and his descendants circumcised, when no one in time before Abraham was circumcised? Genesis 17:9, 10

Circumcision is a quite ancient practice, including it being a large part of pagan customs. But, point taken - Yahowah is schizophrenic. I am sure Seth, Abraham, Adam, and any other man was allowed to take any woman they please. Women were merely like cattle or other livestock for baby making purposes - got it.
Offline FredSnell  
#24 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 3:50:46 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

I just finished reading this if it helps any. It really, just to me, comes back to the old argument of who did Cain marry?
http://www.ldolphin.org/morris.html
Offline James  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:00:58 AM(UTC)
James
Man

JamesH wrote:

I would point out that one, this is only speculation. We are never told that Adam, Noah or any of those that had a relationship with Yah prior to Abraham where not circumcised. We aren't told that they were, but that does not mean they weren't.

Offline FredSnell  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:49:50 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

In the grand plan of it all, 6,000yrs really isn't that long of a length in time considering how long all it took to form the perfect environment for life. Adam, I'm sure, never got rest until God gave him rest by putting him in the perfect surroundings/garden. When I say rest, I imagine Adam was in fear living among the beast before he understood Yahs plan. Once God walked and talked and shared everything with him, I'm sure Adam thought when he viewed all the animals, and none shared his qualities, that God would help him, so Gods plan would develop through him/Adam. Am I that much different from Adam? When I understand Yah has a love for those that find Him, and in that love for me, from Him, He wants me sharing this with others. Satan probably just walked into Adams life/surroundings and corrupted Yahs testimony just enough to keep eternity out of his reach by beguiling the one Adam wanted to share his thoughts with, Chawah/family. Back to biology again. I have the two chromosomes like the rest of you men do, Y/X. In my "Y" that I have, I can go to war for Yah and slay His/mine enemies, and too, in my feminine nature that all men process, I can show lienancy/love towards my enemy if I so choose. Women have all through scripture stepped up to the plate and did things the men around them either didn't do, or, wouldn't do.. Stepping away from their nature as nurturers/feminine nature. There's a lot I'll never understand until He teaches me, but I do like to think on Him and His Ways, a lot.
You know God let Adam share with Him the love of all things. He let him name every animal and I'm certain it's why Noah was able to move what he did as easy as he did, they had no fear of man until after the deluge..
Just my thoughts today...back to work!
I did get some Quasimodo looks today from a youth pastor when I explained Yahs festivals to him. He had never heard of them, or Yah!!! I had no doubt I told him that he had never heard these before..)))
Offline cgb2  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:28:45 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Quite frankly I think trying to reconcile evolution of man (w & w/o nesamah) is a bit of a stretch based on the following:

- Fossil record flimsy at best. Seems to be a lot of wishful thinking from finding knee joints, teeth, humans with rickets and all sorts of other leaps of faith and circular reasoning.

- I see chapter 2 as an amplification of day 6 in chapter 1.

- The text says Adam and Chawah had many daughters and sons. I don't see anything that firmly establishes Qayin/Able as even 1st and 2nd offspring and may be only mentioned because the 1st murder (and Qayin being religious). Gen 4:3 even mentions a passage of time (months, years, centuries?)

- The multiplication factor could lead to many humans, even 2nd, 3rd, 4th gererations by time of Qayin/Able.

- The prohibitions against marrying close relatives didn't neccesarly occur until later (gene pool degeneration).
Offline cgb2  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:02:35 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Not sure if folks try to hard to reconcile modern macro evolution with scripture, but have read comments that seem to imply Genesis 1:1 as standalone and ignore the rest of chapter one because it simply took its course. While I totally agree a day to God could have been billions & millions of years, the text states explicitly he fashioned after their kinds.

While I doubt he created for instance elk, moose, whitetail deer, mule deer, etc he did create a deer "family" with enough genetic diversity to adapt and become a sub-specie per its isolation and nitch....just like the many breeds of dog all come from gray wolf as evident in DNA.

Perhaps Yah looked upon ape as great design idea to model a greatly improved man w/nesamah.
Offline cgb2  
#29 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:10:07 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Besides was God done with creation on the 6th day, and rested from his work on the 7th.....or not?
Offline dajstill  
#30 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 12:18:02 AM(UTC)
dajstill

cgb2 wrote:
Not sure if folks try to hard to reconcile modern macro evolution with scripture, but have read comments that seem to imply Genesis 1:1 as standalone and ignore the rest of chapter one because it simply took its course. While I totally agree a day to God could have been billions & millions of years, the text states explicitly he fashioned after their kinds.

While I doubt he created for instance elk, moose, whitetail deer, mule deer, etc he did create a deer "family" with enough genetic diversity to adapt and become a sub-specie per its isolation and nitch....just like the many breeds of dog all come from gray wolf as evident in DNA.

Perhaps Yah looked upon ape as great design idea to model a greatly improved man w/nesamah.

you seem to be arguing Darwin's theory of evolution - that without any outside intervention one thing can spontaneously "become" something else. Wolves don't have a litter of dogs - no matter how similar their DNA. Whitetail deer don't give birth to mule deer. If man and woman spontaneously gave birth to various races of people it would be impossible to have the racism we have seen throughout history amongst various people - because families would automatically have children of various colors and you would never know what you were going to get.

I mentioned the African tribe in China. They have lived in a Chinese providence for multitude of generations, yet they only marry others from their tribe. Although they have lived in China for hundreds of years, they still look like the people from their native tribe in Africa. No one has spontaneously had a Chinese baby. I have twins and although they share the same DNA, environment, and even womb - they look completely different. However, each one looks like someone in their close ancestry. We have little to no Asian ancestry in our close history, and no one in our family that hasn't married an Asian has children that look Asian. Your premise that people, animals, plants, trees, etc. can change with no intervention just doesn't hold weight. If this spontaneous changing of species is inherent in all DNA - why don't we see it now? Why don't we see a tiger give birth to a lion? Why don't we see a lion give birth to a kitten? While a zebra and a donkey can mate and give birth to a zedonkey, we don't see either giving spontaneous birth to one.

So, I stick with my premise that we had to start with diversity to have diversity today. In fact, Yahowah spoke of diversity even when He made the trees. He told Adam He could eat from all the trees except for one - meaning there were a variety of trees in the beginning. An apple tree didn't simply become a pear tree. Why should we assume it would have been hard for Yah to create a vast variety of animals? And yes, we do have new species that weren't here at creation, but I posit that is from breeding practices and not spontaneous evolution. Again I believe this is so because Yah mentioned in His Towrah about cross breeding fruits and vegetables.

There was extensive diversity we know for sure at the time of Moseh - because his sister commented on his wife. If diversity was spontaneous - why would the color of his wife's skin be an issue? We also know a mixed multitude left Egypt. If spontaneous diversity was the norm, there would have been no mention of the multitude being diverse. I don't believe diversity among humans is specie mixing, just like I don't believe diversity among horses is species mixing. I am simply saying that if two thoroughbreds mate, they are going to give birth to a thoroughbred - they will not give birth to a Clydesdale. Look at our Mexican neighbors, they are clearly a mixture of their Indian ancestors and the Spanish invaders (I call them invaders because of what they did, not because they immigrated to the land). They don't look like they do because of climate, they look like they do because of the mixing of races.

So, if you are putting forth a theory that diversity is not a spontaneous accident of nature, maybe I have missed your point. But, I just don't see any indication that one thing can give birth to something new without any intervention. I also don't believe Yah's imagination with limited at creation and He needed to get inspiration for man from a gorilla. The similarity in DNA across species to me is a result of the types of atoms and molecules used to create the various species, not because Yah was using one to prototype the other.
Offline cgb2  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 3:23:43 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Perhaps using "sub-specie" wasn't specific enough, because I'm not really saying that. There are instance of whitetail breeding with mule deer. Elk when very large antlers & points begin to web like a moose.
Perhaps adam/chawah were brown and offsping could vary from paler to darker, and efor instance mention of red in Gen 25:25, etc.

I'm not sure how specific "kinds" are, and for sure the quest for "intermediary lifeforms" in the fossil records is severely lacking. Just a lot of wishful thinking, very vivid imaginations, and academic fraud in "scientific" origins.

The example of dogs was taken from a national geographic "science of dogs" (?), in which they had determined from DNA that all breeds of dogs decend from grey wolf. For example I doubt one could ever get succesive generations back to a grey wolf by breeding chiuahas, it has lost not gained genetic info & diversity. It was also interesting example of silver fox breeders taking the 1% of foxes that didn't snarl and were instead freindly to humans and breeding them, and not too many generations later they lost their silver fox appearance and began to look more like a dog...even though still pure silver fox.

So for the most part I agree with what you're saying. I'm just not sure how specific "kinds" are. Thru isolation variations do occur, I'm just not sure how distict isolated groups branch to the point the are no longer interested in breeding with the other groups. Even around here the pronghorn antelope in southpark are huge in body size compared to eastern plains and wyoming antelope. I'm sure they could breed with each other if they did ever mix though.

Offline JamesH  
#32 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 4:51:20 AM(UTC)
JamesH

cgb2 wrote:
Not sure if folks try to hard to reconcile modern macro evolution with scripture

Cgb2 ,
I agree with what you are saying here.

People are getting confused with macro evolution and micro evolution.

YHWH created micro evolution in his plan.

Here is a good book; Yada has referenced it in some of his work.

I have read it and passed it out to some Christian friends and got a good response back from most of them.
http://www.geraldschroeder.com/ScienceGod.aspx#
Offline cgb2  
#33 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 7:11:39 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Examples of Academic fraud are:
http://www.angelfire.com.../dinosaurs/ontogeny.html

and many others:
Piltdown man fabricated from tooth, later found to be tooth of extinct pig.
Neanderthal...a human with rickets?
Lucy from a knee joint and legbone with a vivid imagition.
I'm not impressed with Leakey's work either, probably just extinct ape skull portions.

On the whitetail/mule deer example a hunting buddy actually sent me a picture of a hybrid that was in his backyard in CoSpgs (where raparian meets mountain habitat). At first glance the head looked like a mule deer (ball cap markings, larger ears etc), but on looking closely at the anters they were like a whitetail (main beam with points), not like a mule deer with even branches.

I doubt a mule deer would ever breed with an elk, and not sure how it would work with artificial insemination, and if the offspring would be sterile like a Mule (horse/burro)? There has been too extreme of a branch. Elk has longer gestation (rut early sept versus, late november) but both drop in early spring to survive hard winter but ensure maximum growth and nutrition before winter. Elk prefer grass like cattle, deer prefer browse of broadleaf plants. Not to mention entirely different courtship rituals that appeal to females. Even in whitetail deer, southern are small and larger the further north. Florida even has opposite breeding season to avoid monsoon season. Its likely the distinctions eventually become great enough they can't intermix.
Offline FredSnell  
#34 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 6:31:46 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

You can watch for free here..click on, "free with ads."...the ads run by quickly.

http://www.viewster.com/...etails?id=1113-10993-000

This movie is named, "animal-sapien."