logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 3:03:43 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have mentioned before that I home school my kids. One of the subjects I am doing this year is "Hebrew". I don't actually know a lot of the language myself - but will be learning as we go. I decided to address this topic by going through some of Yada's materials (ITG, new Yada Yah site, etc.) and putting them into bite size pieces my kids can understand.

We are going to start with the names: YHWH, Yahowsha', Ruach Qodesh. They will learn to write them in Hebrew (maybe even pictorial Hebrew). Then we will discuss who they are and what they do. We will then move on to additional topics covered in Yada (like the 5 conditions we must meet, what is the Towrah, etc.)

I have 3 kids between the ages of 4 and 6 - so this will start at their ages and grow with them. If others have children around that age and are interested in me posting the things we are doing I can post them here. But really it will be breaking down Yada's stuff into tiny bites. We will also be using other sources. I plan to do a big section on the 7 Set Apart times, especially since we walked away from Babylonian traditions like easter, christmas, halloween, etc.

I don't want to just take up space or post things folks aren't really interested in. Basically I would post the section of Yada we are covering, what we are doing to cover it, and any additional resources we are using for that section.

I won't be offended if no one is interested, I know everyone is busy with their own studies! I just couldn't find anything for kids, so since I was putting this together I wanted to share.
Offline needhelp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 3:51:18 AM(UTC)
needhelp

Not a bad idea. I'm sure once it is posted it will be read.
Offline FredSnell  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 3:53:47 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^
From your intelligent responses, that I see, and very well thought out, even if you don't really have an answer some times, you show you are seeking and giving it thought, to me at least, you sound like the perfect mom. The one most here would have loved to have had growing up I believe. Raising children to go to the Towrah is what I think, the proper way to raise a child. The correct answer(s) always come to you sooner or later. I'm 57 yrs old, and my wife tells me today, I'm like a kid when I discover something new. The parallels and patterns once your children begin to recognize them, will just be a plus for them and help tie so much together along with all the prophesies that prove Him. Make His festivals something they can remember. I shutter today when anyone just mentions, x-mas. Makes me hate that fat red sob that walks thru fire into homes to judge the poor child/naughty. I guess he wears that long hat to cover his horns..)
And not to take away from our own moms, they were lied to from the beginning. So I can see how much one must leave behind before they find the trUth, that it's like, Scott, the call screener mentioned, ..paraphrase, "they have built their lives around a lie."
Offline cgb2  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 7:25:19 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I think thats a great idea. Although my kids are grown and left home, perhaps I could share your work with my grandkids. Also nothing appropriate clutters anything, because for all those active participants in forum there are much more who read it too without participating....especially questioners and seekers who are shy at first, just getting their bearings.
Offline Richard  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:33:23 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I am 100% interested in seeing your bite-sized lessons, sister. They will most likely be very helpful if (when!) my precious wife decides to search all this out for real. Thank you for offering to make them available.
Offline dajstill  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2012 2:25:12 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Here is the Intro and Week 1. Does this work for a format? It is basically what I will be doing with my kids, but the intro helps get everyone on the same page.

Yada for Littles Introduction

Note to kids and parents: We will be taking a journey with our kids. The purpose of the journey is for our kids, as well as ourselves, to Yada YHWH – to know Yahowah as our Father. We will be using the documents An Introduction to God (ITG) and Yada YHWH (YY) as the spine of our journey. A spine is the outline we are going to be building upon. ITG and YY are great guides to a personal quest of knowing Yah for ourselves. They are well written and well researched, so there is no need to reinvent the wheel in these areas. However, just like humans aren’t made up of just spines – we still need to put some meat on the bones of these documents. We get the meat by studying additional resources, checking the facts and translations found within ITG and YY, and doing our own personal study and meditation by ourselves and with our households. This “journey” is broken down into bite size pieces and with additional resources that can be consumed and understood by young children. Teaching children in the ways of Yah and to yada Yah for themselves is a very private and personal matter. This guide is more a prose on the things that I will be doing with my children that you may find beneficial for your children as well.
Let’s start with a big fundamental; Yada is a guy. He is a great researcher and has been more than generous with sharing his materials with the world. However, he is just a guy. There is no “church of Yada”, there is no “pastor Yada” or rabbi, or priest, or pope. While the true word of Yah is infallible – the same is not the case for Yada or any other man or woman on the planet. We will be approaching Yada’s work the same way we approach the work of Einstein or Shakespere – we appreciate and admire, but consume with healthy doses of skepticism and questioning. With my children I will always be pointing out Yada’s opinions. I will discuss when I agree with him and why. I will discuss when I don’t agree with him (on a point, on a translation, on a interpretation) and why and provide my own facts and research and I will encourage my children to do the same.
These are the versions of ITG and YY we will be working from: http://www.yadayahweh.co...eh_Genesis_Baresyth.YHWH
http://anintroductiontogod.com/
Each week I will post what I and my children are studying. There will be 3 sections to each study. The first will be a Hebrew word. Our first few words will be important names – like Yahowah. We will learn the name, what it means, how to write it, how to say it, and how to find it. The second section will be a section of IGT or YY (we will be starting with IGT). I will post the section we are working from. I will be reading the section to my kids – then we will talk about it. At this point I will probably bring in other resources that also discuss similar topics. I will always post any additional sources that I may find. The 3rd section will be a look at an amplified scripture section. We will start with the amplified scriptures found on the YY forum here: http://forum.yadayahweh.com/. Hopefully as we progress in our journey we will be doing our own amplified scriptures. There is absolutely no commercially available fully amplified version of the entire Torah, Prophets, and Psalms available. Many of the YY forum members have done an AMAZING job of sharing amplifications they have completed. But, much work will need to be done on our part to ensure our children have as fully complete understanding of Yahowah and His Towrah that can be found here on earth. For the most part we will follow through ITG and then move on to YY. However, when we are 3 – 4 week out from a Set Apart Time – we will jump to those sections so that our kids are ready for the time with at least a cursory understanding of what the Feast is about and what is going on.
Please keep in mind that I currently have two 4 year olds and a 6 year old. You may have to adjust the activities and passages for your own children. I am also just a person, less researched than Yada by a country mile. This is just a cut up guide of ITG and YY with links to other resources than can be used to introduce your child to Yahowah and His Towrah in bite sized pieces they can understand along with some age appropriate activities to help seal in the learning. The journey for me and my children begins on August 17th. I will try to post our weekly plan two weeks ahead so if someone wants to follow along with us they can. I would also love for anyone following along to post any information they find that would be helpful as well! The first weekly plan will be posted on Sunday, August 6th.
Because of the age of my children, there is a good chance Yahowsha’ will return when they are still under the protection of my husband’s and my own Covenant relationship with Yahowah. However, the work I am doing now will still put my children in the best light to make their own decision to opt to partake of Yahowah’s Covenant. We often say we would do anything for our children, that no price is too high and no pain too great to do what is best for them. Now, we as parents, get to live up to those words. This is going to be a multi-year process. It is going to be filled with lots of questions, take lots of time and lots of energy. We are centered right in the middle of Babylon and will have to fight with all we have to not to pass our children through the fire of Molech and pagan practices in a country whose every symbol, every holiday, every fiber of its being is dedicated to pagan worship. From the Statue of Liberty to the giant Christmas tree in the White House every December to the very language we speak – we drip with paganism. It is going to cost us everything to keep our children out of the grasp. On the other hand, what better way to spend our time? We look to spend approximately 2 - 3 hours per week, broken down over 3 days working on our journey with the kids.

Week 1: Yada for Littles
Section 1
Hebrew word of the week: YHWH/Yahowah
On page 5 in ITG, we see 3 ways of writing Yah’s name in Hebrew. Have your child copy the 3 different ways. Discuss each of the ways and how the writing changed over time. Now have them write the name in English (YHWH), then transliterated (Yahowah).
Other activities could include writing Yah’s name in sand, in shaving cream, and even forming the Hebrew letters with play dough. If you are handy in the kitchen, baking bread or pancakes shaped in His name would be a wonderful activity as well. For slightly older children, they may want to start writing out their own Hebrew/English dictionary that they will fill throughout our journey.
Practice saying the name until each child can say it easily. Discuss with them that this is God’s name. Also discuss that “God” is a title and many people say “God” or that they worship or serve “God”, but they are talking about different gods. There is one true God and He has one name – Yahowah.
Additional resource: http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/28_chart.html This is an ancient Hebrew letter chart that can be printed for reference and to teach your children to draw the various characters.
Section 2
ITG Prelude: Introduce your children to Yada. Let them know that Yada is a real guy that really loves YHWH and spends a lot of time studying YHWH’s Words. He has chosen to share what he has found with everyone in the world. However, Yada is a person and Yada is not Yahowah. So, sometimes Yada may say things that you or they may disagree with and that is okay. While you all will read a lot of things that Yada wrote, you all will also read things that other people wrote as well. Sometimes really smart people disagree, but this is okay. We know that with enough hard work we can always end up at the truth.
The analogy that we are going with is that Yada wrote a map. As we follow the map we will go through many adventures and we will eventually find so much to know about Yahowah and His Towrah. The reason I like the map analogy is because no matter who writes a map – in order to “get” to the spot each person has to walk it themselves. Also, sometimes when we are following a map – we find things that aren’t on it. Sometimes there is a hill we have to climb that wasn’t seen on the map, sometimes a road has been washed away and we need to find another way, sometimes we discover a faster route or we want to take a side trip for ourselves. The children can see that this may be Yada’s map, but it is our own journey. Again, we aren’t following Yada, we are following his map that will lead us to Yah’s Towrah. We will follow Yah’s Towrah to find Yah Himself and become a part of His family!!
I would read through the ITG prelude alone first. It is relatively short in Yada terms (LOL) and depending on where your children are, some things can be skipped. If you had raised your children as part of a religion up until this time, you may want to cover the entire Prelude with them so they will understand some things will be changing from what you all originally thought and followed. If you were not religious before, or your children had not been too deeply planted in your religion – you can focus just on the sections of the prelude the give an understanding of what ITG will cover and skip those pieces that discuss other religions and individuals like Paul.
This first week is about setting your children’s expectations. Make it light and fun and allow them get together and decorate any folders or storage places they will be using to keep all of the things they learn from this journey. You may even want to find a map online or draw a map they will be able to fill in as they learn on this journey to and through the Towrah. Things go pretty fast from here, so helping them to prepare for the journey this week is ideal.
Additional Resource: http://www.gcnlive.com/programs/shatteringMyths/ This is a link to the radio program done by Yada. This will allow your children to see he is a real guy. They can also call with questions they have that are relevant to the topic he is discussing for that show, or with a question from ITG or YY. If your children have more off topic questions, I would suggest sending him an email – he is very good with corresponding. A good practice is if your children have questions that could find the answer to with your help – go that route. It is important for kids to know that they don’t need anyone other than you to help them find their way in their journey and that as they get older and have their own strong relationship with Yah – they don’t need another person to validate that relationship. Other people are sources of good information and research, but we really don’t need anyone “over” us. It is important to emphasis this a lot because our journey is the antithesis of religion. Religion is filled with hierarchy and “holy” people that stand between Yah and man. We have no such filter and it will be important for our children to understand this fully.
Section 3
Amplified Scripture of the week: Re’shith Chapter 1: This translation was supplied by James on the Yada forum. I believe it can be found here: http://forum.yadayahweh....ipture-Only-Version.aspx
Re’shith - Genesis
Chapter 1
1In (ba - near, with, and in proximity to, regarding the account of) the beginning (re'shith - at the start of time and the initiation of the process of existence, concerning the first fruits, the head of the family), God (`elohym - the Mighty Ones) accordingly (`et - accompanying and in association) created (bara' - performed a miracle, choosing perfect transformation and renewed birth, conceiving, planning, preparing, and producing) the (ha) universe, the spiritual world (samayim - the heavens, and the abode of stars) and (wa) also (`et) the (ha) material realm (`erets - matter, the physical and natural world). 2The material realm (the natural material of which the universe is comprised) exists formless, as an order less and empty void, obscured in darkness along with (beside and together with) the presence of the inaccessible and mysterious depths, and (wa) the Spirit (ruwach) of God (`elohym) washed, purified, and hovered over (rachaph - quickly and rapidly moved) in accordance with (`al - upon, concerning, beside, on behalf of, on account of, and together with) the presence (paniym) of water (mayim). 3God (`elohym) said (`amar), `Let there be (hayah - exist) light (`owr) and light (`owr) existed (hayah).' 4God (`elohiym) saw (ra'ah - perceived and regarded, appeared and presented Himself as, became visible as, found delight in, and distinguished that) the light (`owr) was good (tabab - pleasant, cheerful, and agreeable; of a higher nature; beautiful, valuable, beneficial and prosperous, thus reliable and true). And God (`elohiym) separated (badal - divided and set apart) light (`owr) from darkness (hosek - obscurity, that which shrouds in blackness, veils by withholding knowledge, imperfects and clouds revelation with sinister suggestions, concealing and mystifying by way of ignorance and confusion). 5God (`elohym) called (qara') the light ('owr) day (yowm - warm). And the darkness (hosek - obscurity, that which shrouds in blackness, veils by withholding knowledge, and clouds revelation with sinister suggestions, concealing and mystifying by way of ignorance and confusion) He called night (layil - time of darkness and gloom, the absence of light). The end of the day (`ereb - evening, night, darkness, and sunset; the mixed together and interwoven fabric or material; the mingling and joining together of things; that which is pleasing, agreeable, and pleasant; the pledge, exchange, undertaking, and fellowship) and the beginning of the day (boqer - morning or sunrise; from baqar, meaning to seek, search, enquire, and consider; to reflect) existing as (hayah) one (`echad - unified) day (yowm).

Once you have read through the amplified scripture – read through the scriptures again in the bible you use most often with your children. We use “The Scriptures” from the Institute for Scripture Research. The only reason we use this translations is because it has the correct name for YHWH. The purpose of reading the amplified scripture passages, then reading them in your most often used English translation is to show your children very early that any bible they buy off the shelf is woefully inadequate. Train them early to understand that every bible in print is at best incomplete and more often wrong and corrupt. This will show them that they cannot rely on a translated bible. While it is okay for use in a pinch, when they sit down to truly study the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms – they need to prepare to do lots of digging.
Hands on activity: Check James’ translation. Choose any verse from the above passage. Look up each of the Hebrew words in the verse and see if you come up with the same translation. For very small children – you may just do 2 or 3 words in a verse. Use various resources to look up the words including a Strong's Concordance, Logos software if you have it, and a good ole' Google search is always in order as well. Allow them to choose any one word they like and write it in their Hebrew words book.
Additional Resource: http://bible.cc/genesis/1-1.htm This is great for showing parallel passages of bible verses. You can use this to look up the verses we went over in an amplified fashion
Additional Resource: http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0101.htm this site give the Hebrew and English of Genesis chapter 1. I am not vouching for the accuracy of this site. What I am using it for is there is a link at the top that says "Listen to the chapter in Hebrew". This may be a fun activity for your children to listen to the verses you went over being read in Hebrew.
Offline tagim  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2012 5:20:28 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Finally, a study guide written for my level of understanding. Thank you, Dajstill, I believe I will be able to follow with a level
of interest it deserves.
Offline cgb2  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2012 12:18:18 PM(UTC)
cgb2

That's beautiful. As I read your first course, my eyes welled up with tears that I can't go back to when my kids were little and "raise them in the way they should go".
Offline needhelp  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2012 4:46:00 AM(UTC)
needhelp

Here is James' last translation, through chapter 30

http://forum.yadayahweh....7p2_New-Translation.aspx
Offline Richard  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2012 5:34:50 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Dajstill, thank you for putting together such a wonderful plan and for sharing it with us. I have printed it out and just finished reading through it, even though we have no children (all mine from previous marriages are over 30 and long gone). I will be as one of the little ones myself here, and I can only hope that my wife will join me in the journey. Good job.
Offline dajstill  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2012 4:22:32 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Hey Everyone - here is week 2 of Yada Yah for Littles:

Week 2: Yada for Littles
Section 1: Hebrew Word: Dabar
The title of our first Chapter in Introduction to God is Dabar. Say this word for your child and let them know what it means. Dabar is rich with meanings including: word, spoke, manner of speaking, statements and messages. You can do a “find” search through James’ Bare’shiyth file and see the various amplifications that he made with it.
Additional Resources: http://www.biblestudytoo.../hebrew/nas/dabar-2.html - this site gives various translations for dabar.
http://concordances.org/hebrew/1697.htm - this site will give you the Hebrew spelling you can practice along with a phonetic spelling for pronunciation.

Section 2: Introduction to God 01: Dabar pages 1 – 26. This might seem like a lot of pages to cover, but remember this is being broken down over a week. A child will listen to anything that is read with enthusiasm, passion, and breaks for answering questions along the way. An older child can take turns reading aloud with you if they please. This section is important because it will help your child understand why the need for all this work.

Hands on Activity: Why do words matter? Take your child’s favorite book, poem, or story. Make a change to half of all the words – then read it to them. See if they can identify what the original story is supposed to be. Ask them how they felt about the changes. For an older child – have them write a poem or short story (if can be about anything). Tell them you are now going to read it out loud. When you read it, change half of all the words – especially the ones that are supposed to rhyme. This should lead to a discussion as to why changing the words YHWH gave to Moseh is such a problem and why we have to dig so hard to find the right words – it doesn’t make sense without the right words and you lose much of the beauty and quality when there are wrong and incomplete words scattered throughout.
Hands on Activity: Go through your home and gather any resources you all think you might use as you go through your own journey. Yada provided his list; now make your own list of resources you will use as a family. For anything you don’t own, see if you can find free copies online that can be bookmarked for future use. Get together a list of things you would like to purchase in the future. For younger children – allow them to bring some of their resources as well like - a children’s dictionary. Find a special spot to keep everything you will be using for your journey. This goes along with our “map” theme because of course before anyone sets out on a long journey – they make sure they have all the resources they will need along the way. If you have an old trunk or even a plastic bin that can be decorated to look old or nautical or some travel theme would be a nice place to store all of your materials. Don’t be afraid to add in resources like a copy of any bibles you have, any resources from your old religion, etc. We all need a reminder of just how wrong and off those things really were. Your children will also be confronted regularly by other children and adults seeking “converts” or trying to “save them” – equip them with the information they need to be able to withstand the nonsense they will hear from various “missionaries” they meet in life. Just a few samples of those materials should be fine.

Hands On Activity: Start making a list of the various names you come across and their meanings. Your children will be learning or relearning the various people they will meet in their journey through the Towrah. Learning their true names and what they names actually mean will help them keep people in order. Also, there is absolutely no commercially available resources that will teach your children the correct name of any of these individuals. Everything they see will have not only the wrong name for YHWH, but for absolutely every person associated with Him. The only way they are going to learn truth is for you to teach it to them.

Section 3: Amplified Scripture reading
Read the entire first Chapter if Genesis/Bere’shiyth of James’ translations. There entire Book can be found here: http://forum.yadayahweh....p2_New-Translation.aspx. Just do the first chapter this week.
Hand’s On Activity: Check James’ translation. Again go through one of James’ versus with your child and allow them to check his translation for themselves. Discuss anything differences you get. Allow your child to add any Hebrew words and their translations to their Hebrew Words Book they are making.

Additional Resources: http://www.yadayahweh.co...hweh_Genesis_Hayah.YHWH. Starting on page 2 Yada discusses the creation timeline found in Bare’shiyth. Go through this with your children. They may not understand it fully – but the more they hear it the more it will begin to make sense to them. This is particularly important if your children were taught the creation story in a religious institution and may still believe in a young earth theory.

Additional fun: My kids LOVE music and it is close to impossible for find good music. This was a video I found this morning on Youtube. The people have their heads covered, but I just tell my kids they live in a windy sandy place. The overall images are beautiful though. Preview for your own family to decide if it is okay with you:
http://www.youtube.com/w...LW0Y&feature=related

I think encounterHim shared this one with me at one point! It's a pretty fun song, especially if you enjoy bluegrass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO5dYuhFLrE

Edited by user Sunday, August 5, 2012 7:58:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added some Youtube clips with music, grammar errors

Offline JamesH  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2012 10:19:34 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Here are some songs you might be interested in. http://www.youtube.com/w...ndex=10&feature=plcp
Offline FredSnell  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2012 3:45:13 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

JamesH wrote:
Here are some songs you might be interested in. http://www.youtube.com/w...ndex=10&feature=plcp

Jim, the one daj mentioned above being maybe something I sent. This one of yours and the other, those two are actual brother.
Offline dajstill  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 2:12:12 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Yada for Littles Week 3
Section 1: Hebrew word: shamar. Shamar has meanings of: diligently observe, closely examine, carefully consider, and thoughtfully evaluate.
Shamar is one of the most fundamental words you can teach your child to fully understand in this beginning of our journey. One thing I would point out with the word “shamar” is that it means something much more than simply “read”. Many people from various religious backgrounds have been told to “read” whatever holy books were set in from of them. However, few have ever been invited to “shamar”. For instance, “closely examine” and “thoughtfully evaluate” has connotations akin to “question” – you are supposed to look beneath the surface to see if these words make sense, if they are truly in line with the nature of Yahowah, and if they are consistent with other things He has spoken. Wow! This really isn’t hard for children, but it is immensely hard for any adult that has grown up in a religious home and practiced a religion in their adulthood.
To teach the concept of shamar to children – take out a favorite short book or poem. As you read through it – discuss the various concepts. Talk about if what the author has proposed is plausible or not (can a dish really run away with a spoon?). If you have concerns about higher level questions, consider Blooms Taxonomy, a good overview can be found here: http://tep.uoregon.edu/r...cequestions/blooms.html. A list of the types of questions asked to determine is level of Blooms Taxonomy can be found here: http://ets.tlt.psu.edu/l...design/objectives/bloom. When your children thoroughly understand the concept of “shamar” they will have a much easier time with ITG itself, but more importantly Yahowah’s Towrah!

Section 2: Introduction to God
Dabar page 26 – 41 (stop at the break). This section is why our Hebrew word is shamar! This section jumps right into our searching to find truth – especially when it comes to words and names. Although this section is short, it has a LOT of meat in it; there will be plenty for you and your children to do.
Hands on Activity: There are two letter charts in this section. Print out both charts and go over them with your children. Discuss the differences. Allow your children to draw/write as many of the ancient script letters as they choose.
Hands on Activity: Have your children make up words, writing them in ancient script. Have them explain to you what the word is they drew and what it means. They don’t have to write in the proper order (left to right) and their words don’t have to be correct – just allow them to have fun with it.
Hands on Activity: Have your children write their name in ancient script. If they have letters in their name not covered in the ancient script – allow them to make up a picture to represent that letter or select a similar letter (for instance, I have 2 children with a “J” in their, so we will use the “Y”). Then discuss what their name would mean if they used those words. So, for one of my children, his name would be a combination of hand, ram, tent peg, plow, and seed – we can have quite a bit of fun and a really lively discussion regarding his name utilizing those meanings.
Hands on Activity: Have your children add to their Hebrew works book many of the words identified in italics (Towrah, ha Ma’aseyah, etc.)

Section 3: Amplified Scripture Reading
Read the second Chapter if Genesis/Bere’shiyth of James’ translations. There entire Book can be found here: http://forum.yadayahweh....p2_New-Translation.aspx.
Hand’s On Activity: Check James’ translation. Again go through one of James’ versus with your child and allow them to check his translation for themselves. Discuss anything differences you get. Allow your child to add any Hebrew words and their translations to their Hebrew Words Book they are making.
Offline dajstill  
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:16:57 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Yada for Littles: Week 4
Section 1: Hebrew Word of the Week
machazeh―personal, visual, and illuminating. This word is interesting because it explains to us what our experience is going to be like as we study Yah’s Words. They will be “personal” to each and every one of us. To illustrate this word to children say a sentence and ask each of them to tell you what it means. A great example of a sentence to use is something like this: “One of the things I love doing the most is reading your favorite book to you.” Have each child write down or say what book you are talking about. Of course, each child may have a different book. You can then explain to them that you do in fact love reading each of their favorite books to them – even though it isn’t the same book, the sentence is true. However, for them what is “favorite” will be different. That is how it is going to be through our journey through Yah’s Torah. Yah is going to develop a personal relationship with each one of us, it will be a little different, even though we are all using to same book to find him.
To help them understand “visual” talk about the fact that Yah always paints a very clear picture for us. You can refer back to our readings in Genesis/Bere’shiyth and how when we read through those chapters, it was so clear we could almost see what Yah was creating as we read. He is going to speak to us that clearly through all of his Towrah. These pages are going to come to life for us and we will often times be able to “see” a picture of things in our mind. Now, if you have sensitive children, please explain now that we won’t always be reading about things that happened that were good. All three of my children are very sensitive, and even the latest Winnie the Pooh movie frightened them a bit. I have to explain often that while Yahowah is loving, this earth is not perfect and when people don’t do the right thing, the best thing – bad things happen. It’s kind of like when I tell them not to run and they end up falling and hurting themselves. I didn’t want for it to happen, but I really tried to warn them. I didn’t “make” the bad thing happen and the bad thing could have been avoided if they would have heeded my words. The same is with Yah as our loving Father. He will always tell the people in advance how to avoid the “bad” thing, but most of them won’t listen. Yahowah isn’t “making” the bad thing happen – it is happening because they didn’t listen to Yahowah. I will be honest and say I don’t know exactly how I am going to talk about all the things they will encounter, but I do think they should be warned that sometimes the pictures won’t always be nice and filled with rainbow kisses.
“Illuminating” is a fun word to show kids, it’s all about slowly (and sometimes even quickly) seeing more than what your eyes originally got to view. If you have a lamp with a dimmer, this is a great way to show illuminating. You can also get various strengths of flashlights or show how a night light vs. a lamp vs. the overhead light shows you so much more of a picture. Each level of light reveals something we couldn’t see in the dark, but the biggest most fully illuminated light allows us to see everything in the room. This will also help to explain the amplified scriptures they will encounter as well.

Section 2: ITG
We will be finishing off the Dabar chapter this week! Pages 41 following the break through page 68. This section introduces our kids more fully to one of the most important people we will encounter in our journey – Moseh. Make sure your children understand who he is and how Moseh will be one of our biggest guides through this journey.
Hands on Activity: What makes of the “Word of Yah”. Introduce your children to the books that make up the “Word of Yah” by having them make a chart, booklet, or even a mock scroll with the names of each book we will be examining in our journey (Torah, Prophets, and Psalms). Talk about how our list of book is so much shorter than the books that make up the “bible” they may have known in the past. This is a great way for them to understand this is new.

Hands on Activity: Start of book of Yah’s friends. Much of the great work of Yah and the people who teach us a lot about Yah and even our own relationship with Him is done through His friends (Moseh, Abram, Dowd, etc.). Start a book where they get to list this people – like their names and what they mean, what they wrote (if anything), and what sort of things Yah did with them, through them, or told them.

Read the third Chapter if Genesis/Bere’shiyth of James’ translations. There entire Book can be found here: http://forum.yadayahweh....p2_New-Translation.aspx.

"""Sorry I missed last week, we were out of town. I may miss next week, but hopefully I can get it done early!"""
Offline knowing1  
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:36:49 PM(UTC)
knowing1

Thank you so much Daj! I was going to initiate a thread just like this since I am now contemplating how I should approach guiding my two boys: ages 8 and 11. I have had conversations with my 11 year old regarding Yah, His Miqray, Yahowsha, the fate of those who Know Him as opposed to those who do not, etc. But I believe you are going in a much better direction by starting with the basic "tools" needed for a solid foundation for true understanding. I was overcomplicating this...just need to start at the beginning!

Thanks again!

May Yah Bless Us!

Offline cgb2  
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 6:39:02 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Dajstill is a jewel in this forum. Not only is the adult discussions brilliantly articulate, but the ability to design lessons for littles. The example of reading half the words words wrong in your childs favorite book a classic :^)
Offline FredSnell  
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 9:14:54 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

cgb2 wrote:
Dajstill is a jewel in this forum. Not only is the adult discussions brilliantly articulate, but the ability to design lessons for littles. The example of reading half the words words wrong in your childs favorite book a classic :^)

Agee!..but I can just hear 'em now, "mommy, why did an eleven days journey take them 40 years?"
Offline dajstill  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2012 7:30:11 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Thanks for the kind words guys! It really means a lot to me!!

Here is the latest installment of Yada for Littles. We are doing a smaller section this week because we are digging into more meat and have to go a bit slower with littles during some of the more foundational sections of ITG.

Section 1: Hebrew Word of the Week: Shem – His Name. Have a conversation about names, what they mean, and why they are important. Talk to your children about their names – how you came up with them. Tell them what you would name them today if you had to do it all over again and why. Ask them what they would name themselves. Look up the meanings of various names they like of the friends of Yahowah (Dowd, Moseh, Abram, Chawah, etc.)

Section 2: Introduction to God
This week we are starting with our next section: Shem – His Name. Read pages 1 – 8, stopping at the break.
There is one point that Yada brings out early in this chapter that needs some conversation with children. Found on page one – Yada declares that God wants us to stop trusting man, especially those that preach, and to start trusting Him. This is one of the most important, but one of the hardest concepts you will have to teach to your children. Our entire world system is set up to create in people, but especially in children, the concept of trusting those better (older, wiser, stronger, faster) than themselves. In spite of much information to the contrary – children are constantly told to trust adults – especially those in positions of authority. Children are told to ignore the pedophilia scandals of the Catholic Church, ignore the lies and abuses of politicians and government advocates, turn a blind eye to the absolute failing of most adults and follow in silence those that would lead them off of a cliff. If you are successful in teaching your children to not trust man, especially those who propose they are someone an intermediary between lowly individuals and God Himself – you have set them up for life to be hard. It will be rewarding, it will be the only way for them to truly find Yahowah, the only way for them to ever understand the work of Yahowsha’ and the Ruach Qodesh; but I would be lying if I said this will lead to life on the big rock candy mountain. In fact, it will lead them to a life of big rocks being heaped upon them from every which way they turn. You will need to equip them with the skills necessary to succeed in schools in which they will know their teachers are lying to them by pushing secular humanism. It will be necessary to equip them with the skills to survive the attempts to proselytize from friends and neighbors trying to “save them”. It will be equipping them with the skills necessary to survive a life in Babylon. This is also a time to apologize to them for any of the wrong things you may have taught them in the past. Let them know you have cried out to Yahowah in anguish over leading them astray, but Yah is faithful and you will do everything you can to never lead them down the wrong path again. Tell them you all will be learning together, but you have thus far taught them the one thing they need to succeed in this journey – Shem. You taught them to write His Name, you taught them to spell His Name, you taught them to say His Name – He answers to His Name being called out for those seeking Him desperately trying to find their way. As long as you all as a family continue to seek out the truth of Yahowah, He will be there pulling for you. He wants you just as much as you want Him. Let your children know that although you failed them in the past, it won’t ever happen again. Why? Because you started this journey and Yahowah did the hard part. But let them know that as much as you love your children, you at one point led them in the wrong direction; if someone that loves them can lead them astray, how much more can a stranger. Let them know you will be the best guide you can be, but the best and most loving thing you can do as a parent is put them on the path to Yahowah for themselves.
Hands On Activity: Make a scavenger hunt involving the 7 questions in Masal/Proverbs 30:4. You can send younger children on a scavenger hunt through the house where you when they track down your clues, the find the answers to the question. With older children, send them to find the answers using scripture passages you point out for them (make sure they are using good translations).
Hands On Activity: Add the Hebrew words from amplified scriptures in the text that your children like. There will be plenty of time to add words, so add words they like or find fun to say at this point.
Hands On Activity: A calendar of Yah’s return! Yes, we are going to show our children we know when the 6,000 years of man is up. Create a calendar of 2033 or find one to download from the internet. Circle the date (October 2, 2033). Discuss with your children why this is the date, what it means, and how they can know the date is true.

Read the fourth Chapter if Genesis/Bere’shiyth of James’ translations. There entire Book can be found here: http://forum.yadayahweh....2_New-Translation.aspx.
Reread Masal/Proverbs 30: 4 – 9.
Hands on Activity: Make a riddle. Ask each child to make up their own riddle based on something they know about Yahowah that they would like you to guess. For instance, My daughter might as: “Who gives us hugs and kisses” because that is why she “knows” about the Ruach Qudesh – it is her understanding of the garment of light that surrounds us. This activity will allow you to gauge what your children know and understand about Yahowah.
Offline dajstill  
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 1:35:31 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Here is the latest installment of Yada Yah for Littles!

Section 1: Hebrew word of the week: Taruwah - shout for joy!! Taruwah can also mean "signal a warning". If your children are old enough, explain to them this double meaning. However, for younger children all they need to know is that this is a time of joyous anticipation for those of us that know Yahowah. Of course Taruwah, one of the Miqra of Yahowah is going to be observed this week. So, feel free to use this word this week as the foundation of your planning and enjoyment of Yahowah's Feast with your littles. Take the time to explain to your children what this Miqra is all about. Of course, this is the first of the Miqra that has yet to be fulfilled. It is also the one we tend to sit in anticipation for the most.

Hands on Activity: Make a shofar or ram's horn. This can be done by simply drawing a picture, making one with craft paper, or even purchasing one and letting the children play around with blowing it. But, beware - I have one and we have yet to make a single peep with it!

Additional Resources: One of the BEST places for info on taruwah can be found on one of our fellow poster's amazing site: http://www.blessyahowah.com/t/feasts.html. I would encourage you to spend time with your little on this site this week as he covers the feast in an amazing way and also has dates. He also has quick pdf links to those chapters in Yada Yah (nice since we are currently in ITG) http://www.blessyahowah..../m/trumpets/taruwah.pdf.

Section 2: Rather than skip to cover the feasts, I think it best to just continue along with ITG as we were. So, let's read pages 9-16 stopping at the break. This is a shorter section because we are going to be celebrating Taruwah and spending time on flintfaces site with a lot of additional information as well. Also, our next section is pretty lengthy. This section delves into Yahowah not wanting to be called "Lord" or "master". This is actually a great section for Taruwah because our littles should understand the relationship they are readying for. We are preparing for a life with a loving Father, not a ruthless tyrant. As such, the least we can do is get His Name correct! This section also introduce us to some really, really neat Hebrew words. Please have your little pick out various words they would like to make note of. They will probably choose words like "elem" which is "young man" and most likely where we get "elementary" and other words used to describe young children. Remember to make these sections that are more dense meaningful to your child, link it to things they already know and understand. They don't have to get some of the nuisance stuff with any depth at this point. Major on the important things, Yahowah's name, the nature of our relationship with Him, why we are not partaking in formal religion, and why we attend the feasts.

Amplified Reading: Leviticus 23: 23- 25. This is also from the Bless Yahowah site: Again Yahowah spoke to Moseh, saying, "Speak to the sons of Yisra'el, saying, 'In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, shall be a solemn rest to you, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, a set-apart called-out assembly for reading and reciting on your behalf. You shall do none of the work of the heavenly messenger; and you shall approach and come near the adoptive Mother Who enlightens and elevates unto Yahowah.' "

While this entry seems small, it is packed full! But remember, this is a Feast time for our littles - so make sure we make it meaningful and concrete so that they can understand it. One of the big things about Taruwah is that our job is to simply show up for this Feast! Yahowah does the rest while we simply "rest" in the promise of the harvest of those that are a part of His Family. Hey, maybe we will all see each other soon!
Offline dajstill  
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:18:48 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Here is the lastest installment of Yada Yah for Littles! Enjoy!! Also, please feel free to provide feedback if there is something that would make these installments better. Thanks!

Section 1: Word of the Week: sukah/shelters
This week we observe the Set Apart time of sukah. Go over this word with your children, explaining to them what it means. This Set Apart time is one of the most fun for children. No bitter herbs with this one!!!! My kids cannot wait to set up our tent this evening! Even just setting up a tent made with blankets and chairs will be fun for your children. You can even have a camping theme. The big thing is letting them understand that the last feast, the end of our journey – is so wonderful, so beautiful, so lovely, so fun. Camping out with Yahowah!!!! Make this a big deal, fun, fun, fun, and more fun! Who needs Christmas? Who needs Halloween? Yahowah knows how to have fun!
Section 2: ITG
Since this week we have sukah/shelters and some may be staying in a temporary shelter, I thought it would be a great time for us to do a larger section of ITG. This week we are in ITG section on names and covering page 16 (after the break) to 52 at the break. What a great section to cover in a shelter, or when speaking about shelters. In this section Yada covers the benefits of being covered and adopted by Yahowah versus consequence of leading others astray. With children, focus on the benefits of knowing Yahowah and having a relationship with Him. Discuss the joy and wonder of such a wonderful relationship. Children love feeling loved, needed, appreciated, and a part of the family – continue to encourage their understanding of the adoption of Yahowah. There is nothing more encouraging to children in understanding that you all will be a part of Yahowah’s family forever. For older children, help them understand the consequences of leading astray and why it is so important to stay away from religious individuals. Another important point older children should understand is covered on page 32 where Yada points out that Christians have their “New Testament”, Jews have their “Talmud” and muslims as the “Qur’an”. The reason this is important is that if your children get into conversations with other children (especially Christians) they are trained to talk about the things in common first – so they will say “oh yes, we also read the Old Testament” or “yes, that is in my bible too”. However, if your children are clear that while those people do, indeed, have the T, P, and P – that have clearly attached additional things to it, things Yahowah never authorized and that makes those individuals walks completely different than what Yahowah instructed. Yahowah declared His Word complete and lacking nothing, all your children need for a relationship with Yahowah is found in the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. Once they understand this, they can hold their own with anyone. However, until they understand this they will need to be sheltered an d protected from both child and adult “missionaries”.

Section 3: Amplified Scriptures Leviticus 23:33 – 43. These scriptures deal with Yahowah’s instructions regarding Sukah. You can find information here: http://www.blessyahowah.com/t/feasts.html#33 and you can find a pdf here: http://www.blessyahowah.com/m/shelters/sukah.pdf . In the pdf provided by Flintface which gives a direct like to Yada’s writing on sukah (okay, think I gave the credit path - LOL) we see why Sukah is what Yahowah wants us to celebrate as our time with Him, not at all and not ever Christmas.
Offline FredSnell  
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 11:38:01 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

^
You're a wonderful mom!
Offline knowing1  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 3:53:13 AM(UTC)
knowing1

To teach your children this way and share it with everyone is surely what Yah meant for all of us to do!
Offline dajstill  
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 4:58:15 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Section 1: Hebrew word of the week: ‘ehayah which means “I exist”.
This word will be covered quite extensively in our ITG section for this week.

Section 2: ITG page 51 starting at the break to page 58 at the break. While this section is relatively short by Yada standards (LOL) it is one of the most profound you will cover with your child – who is Yahowah and what is His name?
Hands on Activity: Practice writing Yahowah’s name. Practice writing Yahowah’s name in English (YHWH), transliterated (Yahowah), and in Hebrew (can’t get the right fonts, but it is covered in ITG). This is a repeat of one of our first activities, but still good to cover it again.
Conversation Activity: What does it mean to exist? Exist is a pretty deep word for younger children to understand. You will want to have some conversation with them about this word to make sure they truly understand what it means when Yahowah says He exist. Ask them how we know that Yahowah exist. If they have been raised in religion, you will need to do a LOT of correcting in this. Most of the time children learn that we know God exist for one of 3 reasons 1)because the bible says so, 2) because there are beautiful mountains and flowers or others aspects of nature, 3) because good things happen. None of these answers is appropriate. For instance, we are learning that most English bibles say a lot of things that aren’t true, so simply declaring the bible says it doesn’t lend your child to be able to rightly navigate through an English bible. The beauty of nature also isn’t enough to prove the existence of God, not to mention some things that Yahowah created are quite ugly (red eye tree frogs for me, those things look downright scary!) but it also lends to a bend towards pagan worship practices of instead of appreciating nature and the beauty of it all, people can start to try to “find God in nature”. Answer 3 is the most problematic because it can lend itself to a believe that people that have good things happen in life are good and “blessed” by God and those that have bad things happen are cursed. Kids begin to wonder why God is letting children starve in sub-Saharan Africa or why God let a tsunami hit Japan and kill innocent children. Dividing the world into good = God and bad = Adversary takes out free will, natural consequences for actions, why Yahowah despises religion/politics/corruption, etc. Beyond that, what you are going to be looking for in this conversation is for your children to begin to equate the proof of Yahowah’s existence to His accuracy in prophecy and His true Words being verifiable in history and science. A 4 year old might say “I know Yahowah is real because He knows how the world was created because He created it” – that is the logical capacity of understanding for a child 6 and under. A 7 year old might be able to articulate something like “I know Yahowah exist because He was right about calendars” or “He exist because He told people about how the body worked before modern medicine (this is understanding how infection spreads and such).” A teenager should be able to start to pinpoint the timeline of when prophesies were given versus when they were actually fulfilled.

Section 3: Amplified Reading
Read the fifth Chapter if Genesis/Bere’shiyth of James’ translations. There entire Book can be found here: http://forum.yadayahweh....2_New-Translation.aspx.
Read Shemoth 3: 1 – 15. Have children pay particular attention to 3:15 because it will be integral to their journey. For instance, christians are taught that "one name" for God is "I AM" because that is what he told Moseh his name was. However, this scripture clarifies that Yahowah never said "I AM" was His Name, but first the children of Israel needed to understand that He really did exist, and once they understood He existed they should know what His name is.

Hand’s On Activity: Do a scavenger hunt where you hide slips of paper around the house that help kids know that Yahowah exist. For instance, the prophecies that were fulfilled hundreds of years after Yahowah foretold they would; 7 days of creation for Yahowah being billions of years for us due to the theory of relativity; and any other things that can give your children concrete ways of understanding that Yahowah does in fact exist.

James - thanks for the "shout out" on Friday's BTR program. It was my first sabbath program I was able to log on and listen to!
Offline FredSnell  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 1:46:05 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

^
^
Very thoughtful, and thank you for sharing. And to just add a little something happening with one in my own family. One of my sons has a family member (through marriage), she's heavily involved in church along with all her siblings and relatives. She is in stage 4 of cancer. All of them are in constant prayer for her and when I asked my son, "how is she doing?" He told me, "getting worse by the day." It gave me a chance to sit and speak some with him about the condition we have of handing everything over to God to handle as we pray for healing. I won't say God/Yah isn't listening to us, but I did remind him that God gave us all instructions on living, and how we extend our time here by following some pretty simple instructions, and when we don't do as He reminded us of, your prayers end up being more of a complaint to Him, than a request for healing. Well, we got into talking about his very own grandmom and how she is 90yrs old and eats swine every day of her life. Breakfast always has a couple slices of bacon for her. I told, Tim, "look, son, she might live to be 100yrs old, but who's to say if she had followed Gods instructions she might have lived to be 120yrs old." We all have things we can still shed from our lives that can help extend our lives, even if it's a minute longer, that one minute is still a gift from God. Heck, one second's a gift. Thanks again for sharing, daj. You are inspirational to us all and I admire you for your being able to see a bigger picture.
Offline FredSnell  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 1:55:52 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

^
Ecclesiastes/Assemblies 5

5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of Elohim, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.
5:2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before Elohim: for Elohim is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
5:3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.
5:4 When thou vowest a vow unto Elohim, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
5:5 Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
5:6 Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should Elohim be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?

And I too need to listen more. Thanks!
Offline dajstill  
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:52:06 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Here is the latest installment of Yada for Littles

Section 1: Hebrew word of the week: yasha which means salvation. We are being introduced to Yahowsha's name this week. Helping children understand that it means Yahowah saves is key. What separates them most strongly from their many Christian friends is that 99.9% of their friends will tell them that "Jesus saves". If your children can get all the way into their deepest thoughts that it is Yahowah that saves, through His own plan, they will be fine.

Section 2: Introduction to God.
We are on the Names Section, starting after the break on page 58. This section will go to page 66. We are going to go pretty slowly through this section because it will be one of the hardest things to deal with for most children older the age of 7 who were raised in Christianity. While almost anyone can concede that God's name is Yahowah, most Christians had a very small "relationship" with God, their joy, peace, comfort, security, and entire focus was on "Jesus". Even if your children were not raised religious, if they have friends and family members still caught up in religion, this will be the biggest area of protest from others - denying "Jesus" while understanding Yahowsha'. So, we will take our time over the next couple of weeks dealing with this new introduction. One of the most delicate things you will need to balance for your child is a proper understanding of Yahowsha'. This can be especially difficult if you are like me and sometimes struggle with some things in the mind regarding Yahowsha'. For our home, one thing we had to do was diminish greatly the role of Yahowsha' in our lives. That isn't to say Yahowsha' isn't important, He is. However, we aren't instructed to have a relationship with Yahowsha', but Yahowah. Even when Yahowah gave the 3 statements, with one being "honor thy Father and thy Mother", Yahowsha' would not be included in that instruction. So, helping your child balance the absolutely necessary role of Yahowsha' with the understanding that Yahowsha' isn't to be prayed to or placed above or even equal to Yahwoah is important.

Another important aspect brought out in this section that you will have to feed your child slowly, but ensure that they get, are the pagan aspects of the Christian religion. We focus on the Christian religion because it is the most popular religion in the world and the over whelming religion of the Western world. They will be surrounded by it until the day they stop walking this present earth. They should be able to see and identify why is unclean. This is a bit more easy if you have introduced your children to "clean" and "unclean" foods in the Torah. If you haven't done this yet, I encourage you to do it. While we aren't food Nazis, we no longer buy and rarely consume "unclean" foods. It was quite easy for my young children to understand. It helped a ton when I explained to them why foods were unclean. Look up some information on pigs and watch some Youtube clips of pigs eating literally anything (including people for older children) and you will easily see how utterly filthy pigs are. No matter how careful a farmer is in a pigs diet, pigs will still find and eat insanely nasty things (like eating tumors off of other pigs). They also have a very simple digestive system. This means they don't thoroughly digest their foods. The more simple the digestive system, the more what you eat stays in your body. So, if a pig eats a rate, everything about that rat - all the nasty food and nasty ways, of the rat is still pretty much in it's original form. So, within the pig meat will be rat meat. Contrast this with a cow. Cows are by choice vegetarians and only eat meat when it is put in their feed. They will actually starve rather than eat crazy things like humans. Cows also have a complex digestive system. So, what they cow eats is pretty much expelled from the body (like humans) after a certain time (rather than becoming a part of the body like pigs). Now, man has found a way to mess up the cleanness of cows. A grass fed cow is higher in Omega 3 (which the body needs and is mostly low on) while a corn fed cow is higher in Omega 6 (which the body needs, but has too much of). Cows fed tainted cow in feed were so sick they developed "mad cow disease", their bodies couldn't take it. However, there is no such "mad pig disease" - pigs can and will eat anything. So, while man can make something "clean" into something "unclean"; man can never make something "unclean" into something "clean". Once children understand this ic an serve as a picture for "relationship - clean" versus "religion - unclean". So, someone can taint their relationship with Yahowah, making is "unclean" (by dishonoring Him or the Set Apart Spirit, making His Name come to nothing, or even leading others astray), but one can never make religion into a "clean" relationship with Yahowah. When they can identify the unclean nature of religion (including Secular Humanism, the fastest growing religion in the USA), and begin to easily spot religious things masked as "culture" or "tradition" that will try to draw them back into Babylon. This is particularly important as we come upon the "holiday season" in the USA starting with Halloween in a couple of weeks and ended with New Years Day (or you can even include Valentines Day in Feb into the season). This is important because our times of Feast have ended until the Spring while the pagan holidays are about to go into full swing. There will be fun costumes, free candy, beautiful lights, elegantly wrapped gifts, beautiful songs about snowmen and reindeer and it is all unclean for your children to "eat". Nothing can make it clean.

Hands on Activity: Have your child write Yahowsha's name in pictorial and ancient Hebrew (found on page 58)

Hands on Activity: Teach older children about the introduction of the letter "J" in the 1500's. If you have a copy of the 1611 KJV - it is nice to let them go through this and see the "I" being used

Hands on Activity: Our of Babylon Family Traditions: As we enter the pagan holiday season, it might be a good time to come up with family traditions that will keep your children as far out of Babylon as possible. I don't care what anyone says - Christmas lights are beautiful! How do you keep the lure and intrigue from your children? Free candy and cool costumes are fun - how do you keep your children from tasting? They have to know they are "unclean", but Yahowah didn't merely say "don't eat", He also told mankind what they could eat! So, instead of making this time about what your family won't do, make this about what you do as a family. I LOVE MUSIC and most kids love music and songs - try making up some good ones with your kids. Here is one I made up to replace my daughter going around singing ""The B I B L E that's just the book for me"

T is for Teaching, that's how I know what Yah has to say

O is for Observe, that's how I go about my day

R is for Reading, that's how I know He said

A is for Amplify, that's how I check what I read (pronounced red)

H is for Happy, Helpful, Hopeful and Healing

When I read Yah's Torah that is how I am feeling!

Section 3: Scripture reading

Yahowsha'/Joshua chapter 1
Offline Anne  
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:47:51 AM(UTC)
Anne

Dajstill: Thank you for sharing your efforts. They are not only helpful for children, but have given me some guidance to introduce concepts to my adult christian relatives in small (less threatening) bites. I only wish I had known Yah before my children were gown and out of the house!
Offline Yah Tselem  
#29 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 4:52:56 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is a great thread. I just recently printed out copies of a Hebrew language chart for my 4 kids and an extra one for one of their friends. They are learning the Paleo Hebrew Aleph-bet.. they are learning how to say and write the letters, either on paper or on their computers. If anyone needs the chart, let me know. In order to view it, you would also need to have all the fonts on your computer, but I have them to give and they are easy to copy n paste.

These lessons for little ones will be good for me to use for my kids - thanks again.
-T
Offline Richard  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:45:29 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Yah Tselem wrote:
This is a great thread. I just recently printed out copies of a Hebrew language chart for my 4 kids and an extra one for one of their friends. They are learning the Paleo Hebrew Aleph-bet.. they are learning how to say and write the letters, either on paper or on their computers. If anyone needs the chart, let me know. In order to view it, you would also need to have all the fonts on your computer, but I have them to give and they are easy to copy n paste.

These lessons for little ones will be good for me to use for my kids - thanks again.
-T

I would like a copy of that chart, YT.
Offline dajstill  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:10:22 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in these. Busy times here in our home, sorry again Blushing .

Section 1: Hebrew Word of the Day is Ma'aseyah which means : Implement doing the work of Yah. Wow, this is the time when we speak to our children about the role of Yahowsha'. For my kids, I try to reiterate that our relationship is with Yahowah, our covenant is with Yahowah, our salvation is through Yahowah. Yahowsha' was the "implement" that Yahowah chose to use to fulfill those first 3 Feasts and He will even return in the future for the last 3 Feasts. However, Yahowsha's primary role is always leading us back to the Father. He is an Implement doing the work of Yah, but it is Yah's work nonetheless.

Hand's on Activity: Yada has the Paleo Hebrew spelling of Ma'aseyah in the Names section. On page 74 it is all spelled out together, but he introduces each symbol throughout our section. Have the kids take a stab at writing Ma'aseyah in Paleo Hebrew! We use dry erase markers on white board, paint it on paper, and every using crayons on colored pencils. Paleo is really really fun for kids to write, so have at it.

Hand's on activity: Go through the names on pages 69 - 71. Choose a few to write out in your child's "Hebrew words" book. It is actually really, really useful to learn people's real names and leave the made up ones with no meaning behind.

Section 2: An Introduction to God. We are still in Names starting at page 67 and ending at page 74 at the break. This is a great time to cover this section because we have now entered the "Christmas season". If you want to show your children what being "drugged" looks like - just watch the news on "Black Friday"! But overall, this section helps us tease out for our children the true role of Yahowsha', what His title means, and what it is important. It also is very clear about what separates our views from that of "Christianity". I would really emphasis this with slightly older children who will always face individuals declaring "its just semantics". No, words have meaning and and you can't change that.

Hands on Activity: "say it anyway you choose day". This game will probably only last for an hour before your children get completely frustrated! The rules are simple - you can use any word you want and declare it's meaning after you say it. You can keep changing the meaning as you wish. For instance, ask your child to please bring you a tissue. When they bring it say "well, thank you for this, but I really wanted a tissue." Then, get up and pour yourself a glass of water. If they ask for a glass of juice say "well, of course!" and bring them back a hair brush or something silly. You can even get "close" to their request and bring them back a piece of fruit or a glass of milk. Let them play along as well by asking for things or looking out the window and saying "look at that cute donkey" but really be pointing to a bird. The point of this game is to reinforce the fact that words have meaning! If "Christos" means "drugged" it means "drugged" and trying to say it only means "drugged".

Hands on Activity: Introduce or reinforce with your child the world of homographs. Homographs are words that are spelled and pronounced the same, but have different meanings. For instance, the word "bear" is an animal and it means to support or carry something. Here is a link of homographs: http://en.wikipedia.org/...t_of_English_homographs. This is important because Hebrew has many, many homographs. However, "drugged" and "anointed" are NOT homographs of the Greek word "Christos". Arming your child with that knowledge will do a world of good for them in future conversations and debates. It also prepares them understand that there are in fact homographs in Hebrew, but not every word is a homograph. Homographs are established and one cannot change the goal post at will to make something that isn't a homograph into one. There are some really neat books on homographs for kids, check out your local library because some are really quite funny!

Section 3: Scripture Reading:
The sixth Chapter of Genesis/Bere'shiyth. I think my old link doesn't work anymore, so if someone could post a new link to James' or someone else's translation that would be great. Pick on verse to translate on your own with your children. I have actually found word by word translations even using a Strong's Concordance not so bad.
Offline FredSnell  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:20:11 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

^
Again, more wonderful lessons. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Offline Martin  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:17:50 AM(UTC)
Martin

Wow, I really like this lesson! Great Job, thanks for sharing.

This time of year is always a struggle for us. Having family that really push the "christmas" season. I like the word game a lot.
Thank You
Martin Maynard
In Loving Memory of Our Daughter
Bailey DeLonais Maynard
January 13, 2005 - March 28, 2005
www.healingokhearts.org
S.I.D.S. IT'S REAL
Offline tagim  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:05:08 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Yes, dajstill, great job, and greatly appreciated.
Offline JamesH  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:09:58 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Djstill 

Ran across this site today, don't know if you are already using something like this in your teaching. 

Hope it's useful.      http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Grammar/Unit_One/Aleph-Bet/aleph-bet.html

Nothing meant by the Christian site, it looks like a very good resource. I'm going to attempt it.
Offline JamesH  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:37:43 PM(UTC)
JamesH

JamesH wrote:
Djstill 

Ran across this site today, don't know if you are already using something like this in your teaching. 

Hope it's useful.      http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Grammar/Unit_One/Aleph-Bet/aleph-bet.html

Nothing meant by the Christian site, it looks like a very good resource. I'm going to attempt it.

http://www.hebrew4christ...Aleph-Bet/aleph-bet.html
Offline cgb2  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:53:16 AM(UTC)
cgb2

JamesH wrote:
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Grammar/Unit_One/Aleph-Bet/aleph-bet.html

THis website covers modern & paleo, and very interesting, even audio lessons:
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/
Offline JamesH  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:04:40 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Cgb2
The person who showed me this site said to start here. http://www.hebrew4christ...om/Alphabet_Practice.pdf

Practice the block (manual printing hand writing) not the cursive and memorize the Aleph, Bet , ect

The manual hand printing leads to recognizing the book text. He said to do 5 a day until you can write, recognize and vocalize the whole Hebrew Aleph Bet

So using your printer, print the above Practice.pdf and use this page for instruction

http://www.hebrew4christ...terPage/printerpage.html

I started today, first day of kindergarten. Pretty cool Drool

He said it is best to learn the basics of Modern Hebrew then Pictograph
Offline JamesH  
#39 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:56:31 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Aleph, Bet, Gimmel ,Dalet, Hey

Starting the next 5

Seems like kindergarten was a lot easer years ago, but still funBigGrin
Offline dajstill  
#40 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 2:18:36 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Thanks JamesH,

Sorry I got behind guys, but me and the family just got back from almost 2 weeks of vacation - fun in the sun BigGrin .

So, I will try to catch up with a Yada for Littles this week, we didn't do any studying on vacation!
Offline FredSnell  
#41 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 2:58:28 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

dajstill wrote:
but me and the family just got back from almost 2 weeks of vacation .

Now it's time to get some rest..:^)
Offline dajstill  
#42 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 9:06:06 AM(UTC)
dajstill

encounterHim wrote:
Now it's time to get some rest..:^)

You know it! But, I got a chance to do zip lining for the first time in my life - AMAZING! That was just so cool it even tops para-sailing!
Offline dajstill  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:05:24 AM(UTC)
dajstill

First, I throw my self on the mercy of the board LOL Sorry for the delay everyone, I am finally able to come back at this full force. Here is your latest installment of Yada for Littles!

Section 1: Hebrew Word: chadash – renew, restore, repair. This is one of the most important words (not names) that your child can learn. Why? Because they will be confronted constantly with the idea of a “new” covenant and will use the word “chadash” as their “hold card” which will seem to be backed up by Strong’s Concordance. Taking your child through Yada’s study on the word that happens on pages 76 – 78 will be very beneficial.

Hands On Activity: The broken toy. Find a toy (or game, or piece of jewelry) that belongs to your child and is broken. Choose something that is quite special, like a favorite stuffed animal. Talk about the difference between “repairing” the toy and “replacing” the toy. Discuss how cheap things can be “replaced”, but things of true value, lasting value, must be restored as nothing could take the place of it. Then, work together to repair that wonderfully valuable item. Choose something that will take time and dedication; then lovingly and painstakingly repair it.

Section 2: An Introduction to God page 74 after the break to page 92 at the break. This section holds quite a bit of great information. It covers something your child will have to really understand – the difference between having a “new testament” and a “new covenant” and having a renewed covenant, one that is the same as that given before, simply re-affirmed. Your child will come to know there is one, just one covenant. They will know who the Covenant is fore and why the Torah is an important part of it. In this section, truly take your time and make sure your child understands it completely. This is the greatest debate they will ever have with those of religious beliefs around them.

Section 3: Scripture Reading: The seventh chapter of Genesis/ Bere'shiyth. Okay, in this chapter we have Noah being called on to the ark. PLEASE show your child the truth of this event! Not 1 in 10 Christian children knows that Yahowah distinguished between clean and unclean animals when they were put on the ark. This is also where the great debate of “erets” meaning “land” or meaning “earth” in this passage takes place. Engage in the debate with your children – you may be surprised about their ideals. I am not going to say what the “right” answer is, that is for you and your family to decide. The point is to have the discussion with your children – get them used to looking at translations and questioning what they see and examining other alternatives and possibilities.
Offline Martin  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:39:27 AM(UTC)
Martin

cool, thanks so much for this.

I need to back track and pick up where you started then advance to this point with my children. I appreciate the time and effort
Thank You
Martin Maynard
In Loving Memory of Our Daughter
Bailey DeLonais Maynard
January 13, 2005 - March 28, 2005
www.healingokhearts.org
S.I.D.S. IT'S REAL
Offline bonnie  
#45 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 5:07:00 PM(UTC)
bonnie

I'm a new follower. My son is 8 and my daughter is 5.

Thank you for this!

Bonnie
Offline Sheree  
#46 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 5:24:51 PM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
graet study tool for children ,thanks