logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline catherder  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 5:27:49 AM(UTC)
catherder

Death, as we know it, would indeed be the end of our existence were it not for the fact of the resurrection. It is the resurrection that turns death into a temporary sleep. The second death differs from the first death, not in nature but in results. The first death is a temporary sleep because it is followed the the resurrection. The second death is permeant and irreversible extinction because there is no awakening. The second death is the death resulting from the final judgment which prevents evildoers from living in the new earth to come, a punishment that ultimately results in eternal, irreversible death. The stern punishment awaiting the enemies of righteousness, whose temporary resurrection results only in a return to death and its punishment, their full and final defeat. The wicked will be resurrected mortal in order to receive their punishment which will result in their ultimate annihilation.
Offline needhelp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 11:16:25 AM(UTC)
needhelp

somebody mind telling me where this came from or
what this is about
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:04:55 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
needhelp wrote:
somebody mind telling me where this came from or
what this is about

Those ideas come from the final chapters of the book of Yahowsha's revelation to Yahowchanan. Those chapters do not appear in any manuscripts before the 3rd or 4th century, and I believe the consensus here is that they are not to be considered reliable.

I personally would not pay any attention to the initial post in this thread. Hope this helps.
Offline needhelp  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 7:47:41 AM(UTC)
needhelp

Thanks, Flintface