logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JayG  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:55:46 PM(UTC)
JayG
Man

Am reading, "MOADAI TISHMORU" 203 pgs ( 12pt ? lg print) by Rav Pollina <tushiyah.org> Ahki David has beautifully taken to task the counterfeit Sabbath, 'S-turday', and handily obliterated any further of my doubts in regards to the imposter's claims of being Yahweh's Sabbath . He is a Lawyer, has been a licensed Private Investigator, CEO of a finance company, and presently runs a European software development group.( from back cover) He is also a family man and wonderfully easy to read author. He received Semikhah as Rabbi from the Conference of Messianic Yisrael and currently serves on the Board of same. His book is laid out as a trial, with both the prosecution and defense's arguments equitably represented. I wonder if any one else has read this yet? The eBook is available online at site linked above. The 'sighted Rosh Chodesh moon' is the anchor for the prosecution. He explains that the (ANM) Astronomical New Moon is not valid day one in TaNaK , amein. Yet Rabbinial interpretations are mostly rendered from the Torah she-be-`al peh (oral traditions) as the Talmud. Again any man made calendar device changes our relationship with YHWH's natural laws and rhythms that are proven to be such even in science and particularly 'Scripture' , [ that most of us refer to as such, written Torah OT etc] which agree with Rav Pollina's explanations for the true 7th day Sabbath. Weekly Sabbaths in both the OT/NT respectively are recorded as occurring on the 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th days of lunar months throughout. So why else would we humans believe that S-turday could possibly be the true Sabbath? google the word 'Saturday' and discover the background that lies behind haSatan's mythology!

Ahav b shalom,

Jay
Offline Steve in PA  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:07:24 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I understand it's marketing and a "blurb" on a book trying to impress a possible buyer and make a sale... but if the author wrote his own bio there he sounds a little full of himself... being a rabbit in the religion of Judianity puts it in the category of wasted ink and paper.

"the true Sabbath" is to be understood in a way that we can trust, rely and "rest" in the work that He has done. Seems like you're getting lost and hung up on the mechanics and errant translations of shamar and shama as, "keep and do" and missing the point.
Offline JayG  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 8:50:50 AM(UTC)
JayG
Man

to : eh steve shalom and thank you for sharing your insight and reproof. Was trying to layout scope of the book and it's author. Your points are well made and I received them wholeheartedly !
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2012 2:41:53 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Jay, I do not plan on reading the book as of now because I see no reason to. I have read enough different arguments that the Sabbath we keep is wrong, and proven enough of them wrong that unless you give me some compelling evidence I am not going to wast my time or money buying a book.

Also from what I gather from your advertisement here I presume the author claims to "prove" that the Sabbath is based on the lunar cycle. If this is the case then I no not to waste my time. If you search this forum you will see that this idea has repeatedly been brought up here and has repeatedly by my self and others been proven wrong. If this is not his argument then pleas explain better what it is, and present some evidence as to why he and you think this.

What you have to me seems to be nothing but an advertisement promoting a book. If that is your purpose then please leave, we do not allow advertisement on this forum. If I am wrong then pleas as I have stated present evidence to why the Sabbath that we keep today is not the true Sabbath, and what is.

Also for the record the "Saturday" is Saturn's day argument is invalid because no one claims that the Sabbath is Saturday. The Sabbath is the seventh day, which using a Scriptural day, from sundown to sundown, places it on out pagan calendar as the end of Friday and the start of Saturday.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Molly  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 1:47:41 AM(UTC)
Molly

Hi JayG-

What I have found to be helpful when encountering these various theories on Sabbath or calendar issues is to do a 3 days and 3 nights test. Yahshua died before the Sabbath, was dead 3 days and 3 nights and rose prior to the morning after the Sabbath. In this book's argument, the weekly Sabbath and the great Sabbath for the feast of unleavened bread are the same day, not allowing for two Sabbaths that week. That's a problem.

Molly