logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vic108  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 1:23:42 PM(UTC)
vic108
Man

One of the most interesting things to happen to me was when I was around twenty years old. I was helping my cousin repair his marina with new decking and poles (as big around as a telephone pole and half the length). We used a water jet and a backhoe to push them in place. As we were working on one pole, a thought came to me almost like a faint voice "take two steps back". The moment that I finished taking those two steps back, the arm and bucket of the backhoe snapped off the body of the machine and landed right where I had been standing. I'm sure I would have been killed otherwise.

Another time, while driving on I-95, that "tiny voice" happened again as I was passed by a corvette: "stay back". I knew what was meant - slow down and be careful of the corvette. Realizing that the corvette was using the same multiple lane exit ramp, slowed down and changed lanes so I wouldn't be directly behind him. At the end of the exit ramp was a traffic light. The light was red and cars were stopped but the driver in the corvette didn't seem to notice at all and rammed into the stopped car in front of him.

just two of those many things I could never figure out... your thoughts?
"May your wisdom equal your zeal and your courage atone for your ignorance."
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:05:12 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi, Vic!

I have a question for you. Do you believe you were being helped by the "tiny voice?" I often thought this myself, back one time in my life. Was I being helped out by God? Today I view it as, no I wasn't being helped. Just b/c now I view Yah through His Torah and know for a fact if you do think He is speaking to you, then you are more than likely reading His, T, P, and Psalms, and if you are thinking He is putting a small voice in your head, it's probably just your own intuition working. You knowing better! I have a scar on my bi'cep muscle that I got from a fella with a broken bottle back in the day. He was running to jab my face with it, and at that moment I raised my arm to block it and took the cut to the arm instead. That little something guided me. Was it a tiny voice, of course it was. It was my own conscience knowing I should have been home instead of being where I wasn't wanted. Yesterday in the shop a tiny voice kept telling me, you continue to heat up this tubing trying to get it to back flush from a clog in it and it's going to blow up. I didn't listen, and my ears are still ringing this morning.
When we exercise our conscience properly, we usually end up better off for it, and when we don't, our ears are ringing. I know we all have a million times in life we believe God is personally intervening in our lives. Today I no longer view it as such. He laid out a specific plan to follow, that even the crazies like me can view and make steps toward His Covenant. It's a process, vic. A process of moving forward. I stepped back over the weekend, to see many I haven't seen in years, at least 2yrs. I felt bad for most of them. I felt maybe I could have done more to get them to view Gods plan for all ppl, and didn't work hard enough.
But last night I came to realize it's not me, it's them. They have a clear choice to awaken, or stay steeped in the muck. After all, isn't this the very reason Lott's wife turned to a pillar of salt. I cried this weekend for many, looking back and visiting. I probably grew a salt mound of tears, before I finished crying for friends and family. But I realized it's them that have to awaken to His just plan, and not me. I have to keep walking forward and forget about looking backwards.
Offline vic108  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2012 8:55:34 AM(UTC)
vic108
Man

encounterHim,

I'm sure we only use a small amount of our brains and intuitive possibilities, so you could be correct that it was pure intuition. But what is intuition, where does it come from, where does this intuition reside in the mind?

Another example of that "tiny voice" was when I was working in a factory as a material handler, I was minding 19 huge injection molders. Out of the blue, I thought/heard/felt "Don't go near that machine". Again, I knew exactly which machine this 'thought' was talking about at that instant. But having to check on the raw materials going in and the products ejected, i made my rounds. As I stood by the side of said machine, an aluminum material feed pipe came loose and fell 20 feet down and hit me in the head. It didn't knock me out but it did knocked me to the floor. Everyone came running over to see how I was, but i told them to let me lay there for awhile to get my bearings...

Offline knowing1  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:44:27 AM(UTC)
knowing1

I believe that the "tiny voice" is the result of all the things we have learned, the decisions we have made and our experiences that our brain arbitrates through to select the best response at that moment. Those fortunate enough have experienced a multitute of things that are "stored" in our subconscience to be used at a later time. Those not as fortunate, have zigged when they should have zagged, and suffered for it.

Throughout my life I can remember so many situations that I got myself into that I was fortunate to get through (most of the time with negative consequences) and learn from. We use these experiences to teach ourselves and others what not to do. This is important and critical to raising and teaching our children. Yah has shown, and continues to show us, the true path that we should follow based on the fact that He has already witnessed and experienced our past, present and future. He uses this to benefit us in our striving and perserverance to be part of His Family.

It does not seem logical, nor reasonable, to believe that God directs us in times of impending peril, or good fortune based on what "we" believe should be and leaves us alone at other times. We are just using the gift He has given us...Our brains, our minds and the ability to choose.

May Yah Bless us!

Offline vic108  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:11:41 PM(UTC)
vic108
Man

Yes, I am not making any claims whatsoever of God's direct intervention during perilous situations in my life. I'm not that proud or foolish to think such a thing. I'm just baffled by such happenings. I'm sure most people have had things happen in their lives that were unexplainable from their limited knowledge or perspective.
Offline Richard  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:30:18 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yashayah 30:21 wrote:

19 For a people shall dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you.

20 And though the Master give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher.

21 And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.

22 Then you will defile your carved idols overlaid with silver and your gold-plated metal images. You will scatter them as unclean things. You will say to them, “Be gone!”

Either Yahowah said that or He didn't. If He said it, and I believe He did, He either meant it, or He was lying. I will not accept that my Father lied. As a result of this passage and others which clearly indicate that He does not hesitate to personally involve Himself with us, I have no problem whatsoever believing and accepting that the still, small voice which invariably guides me in His ways is Yahowah speaking with me. Those who want to disagree with that or who want to dismiss my trust and reliance on His Word as naive and emotionally-motivated can go pound sand: they are as irrelevant as every other skeptical, proud adversary.

I would like for those who believe that He only speaks with us through His Word to provide their proof for that opinion. Where does He clearly state that He will only speak to us through His Word? That attitude smacks of the colder versions of Christianity such as CoC and non-charismatic Baptists. I find no Scriptural evidence to support that opinion.
Offline vic108  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 4:04:26 AM(UTC)
vic108
Man

Well spoken, Flintface...

But I am somewhat perplexed about this. If one hadn't even heard of the Torah at the time, let alone follow it, are you saying that Yahowsha's mercy can still manifest in our lives? I always thought so until I discovered YADA YAHWEH, which made me question my relationship with YAH.
Offline Richard  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 4:25:10 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Abram was not one of Yahowah's people when Yahowah first spoke with him.

Scripture records that Yahowah visited a king in a dream to warn him about who Abraham was and that Sarah was his wife. Neither was that king one of His people.

It is my own opinion that those who pressure us to believe that Yahowah won't speak with us personally and won't involve Himself in our personal lives do so out of a fear that if "the masses" believe they can enjoy a relationship of that nature with Yahowah, then those who wish to control them will lose a large measure of that control. If we are allowed to believe that Yahowah really does value us to that extent, then we just might not give the would-be controller the respect and honor he/she needs to maintain the level of control over us they wish to exercise.

I have yet for anyone to provide me with a single passage of Scripture where Yahowah tells us, "You're pretty much on your own. I've got real business to attend to, and you don't measure up to that level of importance. Do your best. Read My instructions. That's all you need." Why not? Because it doesn't exist.

Does that mean that He really does answer all our prayers? No. There is also nowhere where He says, "I'll do whatever you want me to. Let's chatter together all day long." Reason is definitely called for. What is not called for is someone to circumscribe for us the boundaries of the relationship we can have with our Heavenly Father.
Offline dajstill  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 5:19:41 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The only thing that gives me pause is that I have also had the "tiny voice" say stupid stuff. A lot of times we attribute to Yah, the "tiny voice" when things turn out well. What about when things turn out poorly?
Offline FredSnell  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 6:20:41 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

dajstill wrote:
The only thing that gives me pause is that I have also had the "tiny voice" say stupid stuff. A lot of times we attribute to Yah, the "tiny voice" when things turn out well. What about when things turn out poorly?

I've talked with ppl that have seen oracles floating around them, seen whispers of light like fogs floating around them,
and these ppl claimed a realtionship with YHWH.. I have spoken with a man that walked 3 and 1/2yrs in a sack cloth leaving
everything behind him, and believes God speaks to him. I haven't ever told a one of them that it's more than likely their
minds wanting something so much, it manifest itself. I do believe that though. What I will say though, "is continue your seeking
and do it with more and more reasoning." To me that's walking forward, you dismiss their spells and expose the lies they create.
People have siad to me(this morning even) such an expression is not like God. Well, so far I know He speaks through His prophets and
when I view them, I view God speaking to all. I'm not willing to claim being like a prophet. Others can, and they can if they want,
I'm just not going to.

Numbers/BaMidbar 12: 6-8

There's ppl all over the net willing to point you to cristianity with their spell binding, spells, and I had a man like that
this morning, going over all he has witnessed in his life for the good. But who hasn't been able to say such, even an atheist?

http://christianity.abou...aculous_Intervention.htm

Scrathching my head. Do muslims also hear, "tiny voices?"....besides Muhammed?
Offline Richard  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 8:11:47 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

I guess I am trying to pound into the ground a stake of coherency to break the chain of reasoning that seems to conclude that everyone who claims to have heard Yahowah's voice is a simpleton or is in some other way basically flawed in the head.

Do people claim inaccurately or with deliberate deceit that they've heard His voice? Yes. Does that prove that everyone who hears His voice is a nut case? No.

He has promised to guide us, and He has given us His Towrah and other teachings and historical accounts to help us find and stay in His way. No amount of affectionate chit-chat will ever take the place of heeding His instructions and advice, as we all know. But which of us who are mothers or fathers would refuse to speak to our child? Or how can we speak of having a relationship with One Who doesn't care enough for us to speak with us?

Again, in my opinion, those who are afraid to accept the fact that Yahowah wants to speak with us need to ask themselves why they are so adamant in their stand. I believe a lot of it goes right back to religious dogma, baggage that we would be happier without.

So what if the adversary occasionally mimics the still, small voice of Yahowah convincingly enough to fool someone? That should motivate us to draw all the closer to Yah so that the next time we won't be so easily deceived. Again, this calls for intensive self-indoctrination through immersion in His Word. That is the only safety we have anyway, so why not gorge ourselves on it?

The bottom line, to me, is that no matter how many fools and other charlatans listen to voices that are not Yah's, Yahowah Himself has promised us that He wants to take us by the hand and walk with us, instructing us: "You will hear a voice, saying, 'This is the way.' " No amount of counterfeiting can undo His promise. And that is all I am saying. Yahowsha declared, "My sheep know My voice, and a stranger they will not follow." So let's get to know His voice. And we can't do that if He never uses it in way that we can hear.

Or did Yahowsha lie?
Offline Richard  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 8:16:07 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

I am still waiting for someone to post the passage(s) where Yahowah declares that He only ever speaks to us through the written Word. If such a passage does not exist, then upon what authority are we being told to believe what is not documented in the Word? And why are we being told that? I maintain that such questions are valid and deserve unequivocal, straight-forward answers.
Offline FredSnell  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:58:46 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Acts 9:4-7 (King James Version)
4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

Also everyone to whom Yahowsha spoke while on earth.

I think if God/Yah ever spoke to me at least, I would respond like others, "here I am."

Offline Richard  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:52:01 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Brother, I think you missed the point. I am asking for a passage where Yahowah or Yahowsha states plainly that He will never audibly speak to us, that the best we can expect is for Him to reveal Himself through the written Word without any other personal interaction. I was not asking for passages where He spoke to people. Besides which, I know you don't believe that inaccurate historical account of Paul's "conversion" wherein, if the man saw anything, it was a demon and not the Son of Yahowah.

Don't make me come over there, man. You're too tall for me to pop up side the head, but I can by God get in a good 'un to your shin! So straighten up and behave. And call me first chance you get. I'm curious about the Matthew 20 thing.
Offline dajstill  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:14:59 PM(UTC)
dajstill

flintface,

I don't think there is a Scripture that says He won't speak to you.

I think I tend to be a two sides kind of person though. This means that YHWH should be consistent. It goes to the concept of why person A and not person B? For instance - if someone misses a fiery wreck by 5 seconds because of the "tiny voice" - does that mean He didn't love the people that did die in the wreck?
I survived 2 large tornadoes last year in one day - an F3and an F5. I mean literally I was outside for the F3 (trying to get to my kids) and I watched part of the F5 from a window (until I could move from the shock and run to the bathroom with my kids). The F5 took out most of the neighborhood where we were at the time and its like that thing just jumped over the family member's home we were at. I would say "thank God", but then I looked at the total destruction suffered, I watched a woman walk around in shock from the trauma of having the windows blown out of her home while she stood there in terror - then the news started to come of those that were killed. It was hard to walk around smiling and saying "God saved me" when others didn't get saved. Yes, I am a child of Yah, but others that also walked away without a scratch don't know Him at all. Some are active in their church, some are "thanking the Lord" for his intervention and some won't take time to hear the truth about Yah because they believe it was "the Lord" who sparred them. It is hard to argue with some who feels their god miraculously saved them.

Then I go to Psalm 91. Dowd speaks of YHWH giving His messengers "charge" over His people. He speaks of YHWH providing the intervention as opposed to the person hearing the voice and complying. I mean, why did Otto Frank survive while Anne Frank perished? I don't know.

It is just so hard for me to be confident in the concept of the "tiny voice" not because I don't think YHWH loves me or wants to make sure that I am safe, but I just can't find the consistency for it in Scripture. For instance, I can find in Scripture the stories of people being persecuted because of their belief in YHWH and them being sparred (like Daniel in the lion's den), but I can't really find the passages associated with consistent intervention to the point of interfering in human events on a regular basis.

For instance, one of the more consistent times people speak of intervention is YHWH keeping them from death. But does YHWH see death the same way that we do? Believe me, I have no desire to die any time soon. I want to be taken up with YHWH along with my family at the Feast of Trumpets. I want to be with my husband and kids and learning Yah's word and growing with Him and loving Him as a family. I hope He wants that for me as well. But I start feeling funny when people try to convince me that Yah made the tornado miss our home while it hit other homes. Basically, that Yah had it "change course" which means it would have missed destroying the home of a neighbor, but Yah caused it to hit their home instead. That is just so hard for me to swallow. As happy as I am that me and my family were safe - it was so scary being huddled in that bathroom with my young children. My husband arrived about 20 minutes after the tornado and he just knew we were all dead. He had to drive through the subdivision and he saw the brick homes destroyed and he just knew in his heart his parents, his wife, and his kids were dead. He turned the corner and here the house was - standing strong along with the next two houses on both sides that flanked my inlaws home. After that, the destruction was just horrible. I was sparred and I was happy. My babies were safe and I was so relived I could hardly believe it. I was so close to dying and I didn't. With all that said, I don't want to live by "causing" the death of others. I am all for believe a tornado dissipated, but to think that is "moved" and destroyed someone else's home, or killed someone else instead of me - I just struggle with that.

I KNOW YHWH loves me and my family. I know He will protect us from evil. I know He will keep us from harm as He judges the evil of the world in the last days. But, doesn't that judgement come "after" mankind makes its final decision and turns - as a planet, whole heartedly against Yah? I can't wrap my head around it fully. I truly believe that Yah will protect me and my family, I really do. I just get uncomfortable when sometimes its attributed by being done by causing harm to others instead.
Offline Richard  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 1:14:02 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

dajstill wrote:
I can't really find the passages associated with consistent intervention to the point of interfering in human events on a regular basis.

I don't recall asking for passages associated with consistent intervention to the point of interfering in human events on a regular basis. Yahowsha declared that His sheep know His voice. Do we? If not, why not?

And doesn't His declaration put the proof to His intention that we ought to expect Him to speak to us? So my question has been that I want someone to show me where Yahowah or Yahowsha tells us otherwise, to NOT expect personal interaction. So far, no one seems to have even understand that simple request. Instead, it is as though by accepting that we are to expect to interact with Yahowah, we are somehow claiming a whole raft full of extra mess, like interference in human events on a regular basis, attitudes of superiority, etc. I haven't suggested any of that. I just want the matter to be settled once and for all. If Yahowah declares that He will not speak to us EXCEPT through the written Word (in other words, if we didn't read it, He didn't say it), then show me where He says that. Otherwise, that ought to stop being said because it just isn't supported by Scripture. It's SBC and CoC crap.

As to why some survive and others do not, that's just how it goes. Yahowah does protect us. He doesn't have to, but He does. But He protects others, too, who are NOT His children. He's just good like that. It has no bearing on this discussion.
Offline dajstill  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 2:30:33 PM(UTC)
dajstill

I'm sorry, but are you having a bad day? Because you seem to be a bit irritated today. Honestly, I am just trying to have a discussion, not fight.

So, to your point of saying that Yah protects some, even those He doesn't know because He is "good like that", what about those He doesn't protect? Did He just hate them? Were they worse than the ones He did protect? Or was He not being "good". How does one become a person he does "good" to if He does "good" even to those He doesn't know. Is it random? Based on the clothing you wore, the church you attended, the money you gave or is He just having fun playing a game of chess by protecting some and not others? That is the problem with insinuating His intervention, even with those He doesn't know. It declares that His nonaction on behalf of others is somehow unjust or unkind or they are "unlucky" or not loved or whatever. It works both ways and it is terribly confusing to those who have suffered a tragedy. So, did Yah not love me enough to intervene on my behalf? Why did He safe one person is a plane crash but allow another to die - what made Him choose to be "good like that " to one person but not the other, especially if neither of them know His Name?

The point of bringing up events where some feel they hear a voice is to try to look at the discussion from another angle. In this discussion, we sound no different than a Christian that feels they are protected because they "love the Lord" or a Buddhist who feels they are protected because they are being one with nature unless we can look at this issue from YHWH's Word and His Towrah.

To me and I thought most people here - things in the "NT" not confirmed in Scripture shouldn't be trusted. My point of bringing up Psalm was to look for verification of the words attributed to Yahowsha in the "NT".

No one was calling you wrong, just trying to look to Yah's Towrah for guidance. You came back and didn't even address the actual Scripture that I put forward, which is a bit strange. Did I not give a Scripture that indicates Yah HEARS and ANSWERS us when we call on Him?

The point is we must seek to VERIFY with Scripture even that which we HEAR. If everyone just followed every voice they heard without even verifying, through His Scripture, what was said - you have the evangelical church. You know - God told me to buy this house, God told me to marry this man that already has a wife, God told me have gastric bypass surgery instead of eating right and exercising.

Maybe His Sheep know His voice because what He is saying is consistent with His Towrah. I know people that didn't just hear a "tiny" voice, but a loud audible voice. I am alive today because the doctor who was about to deliver me via c-section heard an loud audible voice tell him I wasn't ready yet. My mother is alive today because she heard a loud, audible voice tell her to "hit the breaks" at a green light when someone speed past who ran a red light at a very high speed. So, I am not saying there aren't tiny voices.

The point "I" was making was trying to find Scripture that backs up the intervention. I have only been able to find Psalm 91 which indicates He intervenes with those who know His Name. I am uncomfortable with the concept of winning some luck lottery with Yah, even when you don't know Him - where by some crazy reason He spares one person but allows the other to get raped, or get murdered, or struck by lightening, or die in the plane crash. That just doesn't seem in line with the nature of YHWH.
Offline Steve in PA  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 4:56:37 AM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
He speaks to me often... is it an audible "tiny voice" in my head...? I don't look at it or hear it that way. Here is the thing... He gave us a gift, our nasamah/conscience and He also promises to; cover us, guide us, teach us, comfort us, perfect us, protect us, empower us... With His breath of Life in us and the Ruach all about us, we can and should be "hearing His voice".
Offline Richard  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 6:30:12 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

dajstill wrote:
I'm sorry, but are you having a bad day? Because you seem to be a bit irritated today. Honestly, I am just trying to have a discussion, not fight.

Whatever prompted that question? What did I say that warranted the accusation that I am trying to pick a fight?

dajstill wrote:
... That is the problem with insinuating His intervention, even with those He doesn't know.

Again, sis, why do you keep equating His speaking to us with some sort of intervention which overrides the natural course of events?

I did not ignore your reference to Psalm 91. It has no connection to my question, "Where in the Scripture does Yahowah clearly state that He will not speak to us? Where does He say that He will only communicate through the written Word?" Psalm 91 does not address that question.

dajstill wrote:
The point of bringing up events where some feel they hear a voice ...

Nor do I recall asking anything about what people feel. I am not having a bad day, I am asking a plain question, the answer to which is either, "I couldn't find any such passages," or, "It says this in book, chapter, verses."

Nothing else is relevant.

Yashayah recorded that Yahowah prophesied to Yisra'el, "You will hear a voice saying, 'This is the way. Go in it.' " Others tell us that He won't really do that at all. My question, which is addressed to those others, is, "Where does He say that He will not actually speak to us?" Because to make their claim, they are also insinuating that Yahowsha lied when He said that His sheep know His voice.

dajstill wrote:
The point is we must seek to VERIFY with Scripture even that which we HEAR.

You're preaching to the choir.

dajstill wrote:
Maybe His Sheep know His voice because what He is saying is consistent with His Towrah.

I agree.

dajstill wrote:
The point "I" was making was trying to find Scripture that backs up the intervention.

Why? I am not interested in intervention. I am interested in having a Father, for once in my life, Who is willing to speak with me, to acknowledge me as being His, to express His love for me as I do mine for Him. And there are those who are telling me that I ought to have a relationship with a silent God. So I ask those people, "Prove it. Show me those passages of Scripture which record Yahowah telling us, 'I will never really talk to you. Just read what I've had written. That's all you need. Maybe we'll talk after all this is wrapped up. Right now I don't have time for you.' "

And I say that if they cannot produce such passages, they ought to shut their mouths on the matter and stop putting forth as truth their own religiously-biased opinions.

Nothing else is relevant.

I do not care who claims they heard what, or why this one was killed and that one wasn't and what all that means. Those issues are for another discussion, not this one.

I feel disappointed that you are unable to grasp what I am seeking, that you seem to think I am trying to pick a fight. Since it appears that I cannot write well enough to get my question across clearly, I will just back out of the discussion altogether.

Yah bless you.
Offline knowing1  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:34:28 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax!!

Looks to me that we are going down that "path" that the "religious" types are on! Missing the forest for the trees, so to speak!

Yah made sure that we were "programmed" with certain traits to help us navigate this physical world and to come into relationship with Him. Who's to say that the "intuition" and "little voices" that we have been discussing are not built into us by our Creator?!?! Seems a bit egotistical to think that we know all about how Yah created the human mind to function. Do we really know everthing about Yah's Word to state definitively what He has delineated? Even Yada would admit that he is only scratching the suface when it comes to knowing Yah's word as it is a lifelong learning and engaging process.

Yah gave us the awesome gifts of intelligence, reasoning ability and a conscience for a reason. As indicated in my prior post, we need to step back and think what makes sense and what does not! It just seems silly to argue over this, and worse, we are doing exactly what we should not be doing: Letting ego get in the way!

May Yah bless those who have come to know Him!

K1
Offline FredSnell  
#21 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2012 1:26:16 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

knowing1 wrote:
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax!!

Looks to me that we are going down that "path" that the "religious" types are on! Missing the forest for the trees, so to speak!

Yah made sure that we were "programmed" with certain traits to help us navigate this physical world and to come into relationship with Him. Who's to say that the "intuition" and "little voices" that we have been discussing are not built into us by our Creator?!?! Seems a bit egotistical to think that we know all about how Yah created the human mind to function. Do we really know everthing about Yah's Word to state definitively what He has delineated? Even Yada would admit that he is only scratching the suface when it comes to knowing Yah's word as it is a lifelong learning and engaging process.

Yah gave us the awesome gifts of intelligence, reasoning ability and a conscience for a reason. As indicated in my prior post, we need to step back and think what makes sense and what does not! It just seems silly to argue over this, and worse, we are doing exactly what we should not be doing: Letting ego get in the way!

May Yah bless those who have come to know Him!

K1

>:D< Hug