logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2012 7:03:09 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

It is weighing on me that while I've learned so much and have taken on new perspectives on Scripture, I'm afraid that I've been less successful in overcoming patriotism, at least to the degree I hear Yada condemn it. I now well recognize many, many flaws and indeed grossly immoral acts my nation has taken over its history, but like a stop clock, sometimes accomplishes something good, or at least "better" than had it not acted or acted otherwise, particularly in challenging times.

As an example on the BTR show for December 7th, I heard Yada condemn America's response to Imperial Japan's attack as grossly immoral. To me war is an inherently grossly immoral act, that flows from the aggressive use of force prevailing among peoples and nations in a fallen and sinful world. I can fault FDR for the treatment of Japanese American citizens in that war, but have been otherwise unsuccessful in learning from Yada what response America ought to have taken other than total war until unconditional surrender was obtained by the Axis nations. While I agree with Yada that allying with an otherwise vile and mass murdering dictator in Stalin makes little sense in the abstract, the fact that the Soviet Union like the UK and USA had been attacked and had NOT attacked US is utterly ignored.

I've studied Truman's decision to use atomic weapons to bring about an abrupt end to the most destructive and violent conflict and conclude that he made the correct choice if the objective was to defeat the Axis and not repeat the lessons hard learned from the second most destructive conflict in World history Truman participated in as a Colonel in France two decades or so earlier. This was to not leave a aggressor power bent on World conquest undefeated or under the illusion that it had not been defeated to reattempt another global war as soon as it recovered from the last attempt. The fact that World War Three did not occur as envisioned is powerful evidence to me that in this instance America acted appropriately in a horribly violent situation.

What makes this more surprising to me is that Yada did such a masterful job recognizing and expounding upon Islam's global jihadist intent but ignores the political-religious fanaticism that motivated the Nazi's zealots and Imperial Japan's Bushido motivated Kamikaze and other suicide fighters, and that such fanaticism makes rational negations a dubious proposition.

As horrible as the campaign against Japan was, the rapid end of the war seems to me to have been an relatively merciful act if the alternative is a fight to the last man, woman or youth act of national seppuku. Indeed a case can be made that the Pacific War and the resulting long and prosperous friendship that emerged, between America and Japan seems a case of loving your enemies, but subduing a totalitarian authority bent on violence and caring and providing foe a former enemy in desperate need.

If I should be condemning the Americans and other Allied peoples that defeated Japan's bid at world conquest, I fear that I'm still in need of much learning. I'd like to think that I'm open to this if a rational case can be made based on the realities of the time, but so far this has been lacking in my estimation.

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline Yah Tselem  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:19:48 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My opinion is that if we walk away from religion but we don't walk away from patriotism, then we only walked halfway out of Babylon. I don't feel like I need to condemn America.. I just feel like I can be perfectly okay with ignoring patriotism and politics and simply use that valuable time to engage in Towrah. My allegiance is to Yah and Him alone, not to the USA or any country.
Offline Mike  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:35:36 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I agree with what Yah Tselem said.

I have had trouble rejecting patriotism myself although I think that I have finally rejected it now. I grew up in the Midwest which is arguably the most patriotic part of the USA (love it or leave it). My dad was in the Navy in WWII and a few of my uncles were in the army in WWII. My uncles that were in the army in Africa, Battle of the Bulge, etc. never wanted to talk about the war because they had seen some very horrible things. Dad would talk about the war because he never saw real hand to hand, getting shot at and shelled combat.

As for Pearl Harbor, FDR just couldn't wait to get us into the war and the only way that he was going to get us into the war was for an attack. The Japanese code had been cracked long before Dec. 7, 1941 so the big wigs in Washington knew the Japs were going to attack and FDR let them. He sacrificed about 2500 American lives and 1300 wounded to get us into the war. He could have easily had all of the battleships, cruisers, and destroyers sent out to sea to avoid attack. It's a lot harder to hit a moving ship that knows that you are attacking than an anchored ship that doesn't know that you are attacking. “Conveniently” none of our aircraft carriers (Enterprise, Lexington, or Saratoga) were in Pearl Harbor at the time, hmm. Only the older battleships, cruisers were anchored. The USS Iowa (BB-61) was already under construction at the time and had vastly superior fire power and armament compared to any of the ships sunk at Pearl; Iowa class battleships have nine 16” guns that can fire 2700 pound armor piercing shells 23 miles. Aircraft carriers had already been proven to be more valuable than battleships, that is why our carriers were out to sea.

Remember what Franklin Delano Roosevelt said: In politics, nothing happens by accident, if it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.

The only “people” that benefit from war are international bankers (Federal Reserve), industrialists, and politicians. The US was selling Japan oil, iron, scrap metal, airplane parts, technology, etc. until about 6 months before Pearl Harbor. My dad was on the USS Randolph (CV-15) and it was hit by a twin-engined Yokosuka P1Y1 kamikaze on March 11, 1945 while anchored at Ulithi Atoll. That Japanese plane had American made Pratt-Whitney radial engines. Luckily my dad wasn't in the part of the ship that got hit or else I wouldn't be here. American participation in both world wars would not have occurred if the Federal Reserve Act was not enacted by Congress and Woodrow Wilson in 1913. WWI started 7 months later. Their may not have even been two World Wars without the Fed. The Japanese couldn't have built as great a war machine as they had without the USA selling them oil, raw materials, and technology. So number one lesson is don't sell your future enemy stuff that they will use against you. So why are we “selling” billions of dollars of arms to the Arabs I wonder?

What I have wondered about the atomic bombings is why were Hiroshima and Nagasaki chosen as targets? Hiroshima and especially Nagasaki had largely Christian (Catholic) populations. Nagasaki had a Catholic presence since 1549 when the Portuguese arrived. Was it to be politically correct; we can't just kill Shintoists and Buddhists? Or wasn't fire bombing good enough or was it so that the survivors of the initial blast would die a slow painful death due to radiation poisoning?

Forgive my rambling. Shalom
Offline shalom82  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2012 6:22:23 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Everything happens for a reason and Dec. 7th 1941 did not happen as a result of America just happily and ignorantly minding its own business as a nation with an isolationist trade driven foreign policy. Pearl Harbor was the culmination of 20 years of diplomatic sabotage and military sabre rattling and economic embargo. This poisoning of what had been a prosperous and peaceful relationship...even a friendly relationship with Japan started under the anglophile Wilson administration and war was not a consequence but the goal of our policy with Japan. The FDR administration was spoling for a war with Japan and prodded and provoked them into war because at the time it was not possible to start a war with Japan and look like the good guy....that was....until Pearl Harbor.

Quote:
9. It is not believed that in the present state of political opinion the United States government is capable of declaring war against Japan without more ado; and it is barely possible that vigorous action on our part might lead the Japanese to modify their attitude. Therefore, the following course of action is suggested:

A. Make an arrangement with Britain for the use of British bases in the Pacific, particularly Singapore.

B. Make an arrangement with Holland for the use of base facilities and acquisition of supplies in the Dutch East Indies.

C. Give all possible aid to the Chinese government of Chiang-Kai-Shek.

D. Send a division of long range heavy cruisers to the Orient, Philippines, or Singapore.

E. Send two divisions of submarines to the Orient.

F. Keep the main strength of the U.S. fleet now in the Pacific in the vicinity of the Hawaiian Islands.

G. Insist that the Dutch refuse to grant Japanese demands for undue economic concessions, particularly oil.

H. Completely embargo all U.S. trade with Japan, in collaboration with a similar embargo imposed by the British Empire.

10. If by these means Japan could be led to commit an overt act of war, so much the better. At all events we must be fully prepared to accept the threat of war.

- H. McCollum (this is the McCollum Memo)

We love to talk about the atrocities committed by Japanese empire in Asia....but how soon we forget about our own imperial designs and the ensuing abuses and butchery that happened in China and during the Philippine "pacification". What does it matter to people if you are a foreign power slaughtering them on their own soil if you are doing it for that vaunted god named democracy or if you are doing it for empire? And after the war...the war that we had fought to save the world from axis imperial aggression....what did we do? Handed over 700,000,000 captive people over to Communism with a handshake and a smile.....these peoples fates were sealed before the war was even over....their lives and in many cases deaths were decided beween 3 men at Tehran and Yalta. The lend lease act that was continued long after Germany was all but defeated allowed Russia to march into the baltic states and central Europe with American equiptment.

And then of course there is Vietnam....what utter and blatant hypocrisy. We fought the war to free asia from Japanese imperial aggression.....and then what....to support French imperialism?....oh I guess it is ok as long as the aggressors have white skin and round eyes. And talk about a people that had been abused by colonialism...then lets talk about the Vietnamese....but I dgress.

Lets go back to WW2. The war was not a humanitarian mission. We did not enter it to save Jews or Chinese. We entered it because we had an anglophile government that also happened to be full of stalin admiring communists.....including FDR. I would think the New Deal would be a big enough tip off that FDR was indeed an authoritarian collectivist....who admired and at the same time was envious of the power Stalin wielded.
We freed the Chinese from Japanese aggression only to all but ensure that the CCP under Mao would take over and slaughter 70,000,000-80,000,000 Chinese.
And how did we help the children of Yisra'el? ohh....by watching as the British chased refugee ships headed for the Palestinian mandate out to sea to be sunk by u-boats (even with all the diplomatic clout that we had accrued through war loans and lend lease), to refuse to set up refugee camps for the jews in North Africa, and give our support to the french colonialist and islamic regimes in North Africa as they dealt with their own jewish popluations...much in line with what the nazis had been perpetrating. We also of course refused to bomb the extermination camps and the railways that led to them. To put a stranglehold on the quotas for immigration and indeed targeting jewish immigrants...radically reducing the number allowed to enter to a rate drastically below pre-war levels. And this attitude was all preceded of course by the refusal to accept 900 jews aboard the St. Louis in 1939.

Report to the Secretary on the Acquiescence of this Government in the Murder of the Jews, Treasury Department, January 13, 1944: [FDR was] "guilty not only of gross procrastination and willful failure to act, but even of willful attempts to prevent action from being taken to rescue Jews from Hitler."

Yes....we saved the world from German fascism and Japanese imperialism (while of course allowing the nazis to kill as many Jews as possible in the process) so we could hand it over in deliberate and intentional manner to the Communists.

And then lets talk about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. So....Japan bombing a universally accepted and recognized military instalation and killing less than 3000 people including 68 civillians equates to destroying 2 cities filled with innocent men, women and children? And let us not forget the hundreds of thousands of Japanese civillians that had died before these bombings...like the roughly 100,000 that died in the firebombing of Tokyo. So we as a supposedly moral nation make a cost benefit analysis where we say that men in uniform brandishing the weapons of war (non innocents) are more important than mothers, children, babies, grandparents and other innocents?....I don't see how that is possible. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not vital industrial military targets....the reason they were picked for this demonstration was because they were infact relatively unscathed due to their relative unimportance. It would be a big show to light up these cities. Furthermore, the industrial center of Hiroshima was located at the outskirts of the city and was relatively (when the rest of the city is considered) unharmed. We dropped that bomb smack dab in the center of the city to cause as much carnage and death as humanly possible. We killed infants, pregnant mothers, young children and their parents, teenagers in the flower of youth, grandmothers, grandfathers, bank tellers, fish mongers, green grocers, peddlers, laborers, travellers, the infirm....and on and on and on. We killed them without mercy and with malice aforethought. We did it out of mercy to the Japanese nation? Where was the mercy at Hiroshima and Nagasaki? We were merciful by murder? I want no part in that kind of mercy. Yes, we all know about the horrors that Japan perpetrated not only on their captive asian populations in China, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Philippines.....etc etc....and what they did to American POWs.. But those people in those cities did not do it. They were not there and the only thing that can be said is that they were beguiled by government propaganda and shamed and persuaded into an unhealthy attitude of patriotism. Yes, they sent their sons to Pearl Harbor, China, Singapore......and on and on.....just like we sent our youth to the slaughter the native americans in the 2 centuries prior, to the Philippines 40 years prior, just like we had sent them to China 20 years prior....just like we sent them to Dresden and Tokyo....and Hiroshima and Nagasaki....and then to Korea and Vietnam....and Afghanistan and Iraq...meddling everywhere and establishing an empire of influence and hegemony. America has been called Babylon among other things...and there is no doubt there is a fair comparisson. But this nation....this Terrorist nation we live in is Assyria....a warrior worshipping...military industrial complex of a nation...where warfare has become a passtime to ward off boredom. we are in the time to come headed for a date with justice and we will have earned it for all we have done, all we do, and what we will do to this world.

But then again perhaps that is not fair to Assyria....they repented with lamentation and sackcloth and ashes and stayed their destruction for 100 years when YHWH sent a prophet to them. We as a nation would berate them, embarrass them, call them insane or dangerous, discredit them, mock them, and then ignore them....and then keep on singing God bless America....with the blasts of bombs and artillery and the staccato of machine guns being the percussion to our favorite song. But then again we do what we do out of compassion and spread democracy and human rights.....right? We don't fight wars for cynical reasons like profit or empire....right?

We used bombs that went boom in a flash and killed more than 220,000 in an instant....and killed tens of thousands more in the ensuing weeks, months and years. What if we hadn't used the bombs. What if we could have ended the war by dropping some sort of magical people bomb....when the bomb drops 100 thousand soldiers emerge from the explosion to shoot, bayonet and burn the populace of a city. To massacre them face to face....ripping infants out of mothers arms to toss them into fires or smash their brains out baseball bat style against walls and tree trunks, ripping open pregnant women, throwing families off the high places to be dashed against the rocks or the pavement, stabbing old men, beheading children, shooting pregnant women, machine gunning patients in hospitals....would that have been a moral way to end the war...should we...could we have ended the war that way if we had been forced to exterminate Hiroshima and Nagasaki in that way? When you fight evil with evil....evil triumphs. And there is no doubt in my mind that evil triumphed. And for what? Unconditional surrender? A principle that prolonged the war and increased the death toll. The Japanese were ready to surrentder in May of 1945. They again sent feelers out to Switzerland in June and once again sued for peace in July at Potsdam...all with the simple request if they would be allowed to keep their (figurehead) emperor....we said no...prolonged the war and suffering by several months destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki and then we let them keep their emperor afterall. Was it To save the lives of 500,000 - 1,000,000 service men (once again sacrificing the innocent for the benefit of the armed)?...complete and utter propaganda. official internal estimates put American deaths much much much lower (and remember once again not one American would have had to lose their life if we had agreed to any of the several requests for peace that the Japanese offered) than the insane propaganda figure mentioned above. Military leaders like Eisenhower and MacArthur deemed the bombing to be completely unneccessary and inhumane....Churchill...no lover of pacifism (actually outright enthralled with war and destruction) even asked Truman to revise the unconditinal surrender demands. Admiral Halsey said it was a toy of scientists that they wanted to try out. He also said it was "unnecessary" and a "mistake" (I take a bit more cynical approach than the Admiral) (the bomb was not about ending the war...it was about establishing dominance)
Admiral Leahy of the chairman of the JCOS told his secretary,
"Dorothy, we will regret this day. The United States will suffer, for war is not to be waged on women and children."
Leahy also urged the president not to drop the bomb and to revise the unconditional surrender policy.

And it goes on....Admiral Ernest J. King "unnecessary and immoral".....Admiral Chester Nimitz stated that Japan had sued for peace before Hiroshima and before Russian entry into the Pacific theater of operations.

But the simple fact of the matter is that Truman ignored his military commanders and listened to his advisors and specifically his secretary of State, James Byrnes. It was a political calculation not an act of military necessity.

Truman made his Potsdam declaration as an ultimatum for Japan to surrender unconditionally once again because he knew they could not and would not accept it. The Japanese wished to retain the emperor as a symbol of continuity and and order because though they were asking for a conditional surrender they knew America had all the cards. The price of peace would be heavy and odious on Japan and it was believed that the emperor was needed to add a measure of stability in a post war Japan. Truman gave the ultimatum because he wanted to bomb Japan because he had something to prove to Russia. The atomic bomb was going to be his "hammer" and he would prove to the Russians that he was not as enamored with Russian dominance as FDR was. Japan was going to be Truman's demonstration ground come hell or high water.

After Japan was bombed we can only conclude that the unconditional surrender ultimatum (as a cynical political maneuver) had served its purpose and the Japanese were allowed to retain emperor Hirohito....just as they had asked all along.

And now here we are all these years later...having been the only nation ever to use Atomic weapons in the history of the world....up on our throne of hypocrisy judging who should and who should not have a nuclear weapon. The unrestrained preaching restraint. The murderer demanding that that its would be victims have no apparatus of self defense. I hate the Iranian government and I hate Iranian theocracy....I understand just as well as anyone else in this community how dangerous Islam is. But what standing do we have in this world to criticize anyone when it comes to war, aggression, and nuclear weapons. We spent our moral high ground a long long time ago.

And that is why I hate this government I live under and those who rule me. Because they have put me in a position where I actually see where Iran is coming from ( a position I hate to be in....because I also understand that this moral bankrupcy on our part muddies the water and will ultimately lead to immense suffering)...it is always said that muslims only understand strength....are we any different? I think North Korea and Libya illustrate that point very well. With NK this government falls all over itself and begs for peace talks and diplomacy....we stop humanitarian aid...they sabre rattle...we resume afore mentioned aid. With Libya...Qaddafi gave us everything. He quit his WMD program, he reopens diplomatic relations, he gives reparations to the families of the Lockerbie bombing.....and then we kill him....and slaughter those that don't want to live under islamic fundamentalism...what sort of message does this perversion send to the rest of the world? Islam and America.....we deserve each other.

So no...at this point I have not one patriotic bone in my body. I will not be voting in the coming elections.....considering that the people I reluctantly voted for that promised to restore freedom have voted for the NDAA and will be using military drones on the American citizenry.....I figure I have accrued enough vicarious guilt in one lifetime.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2012 6:51:49 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
While oftentimes policy is blamed on "stupidity" and such, this seems to be a credible summary of what has happened, and the stage being set now:
http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike2.htm

9/11 was a watershed event used to justify shreadding what was left of the bill of rights. Now under NDAA americans can be disappeared. Look at some of history's most murderous tyrants, and understand they could have never done what they done without all the deluded patriotic citizens, clerks, police, and military to do its bidding.
This video is eye-opening when analyzing the official govt story compared to evidence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71aXlW4gFcg
Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 5:36:44 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I view this as a very easily answered question these days. It all comes down to, what have the powers that be known long before you and I ever got wind of it...I watched this film and it explains it very nicely for those interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAyHIOg5aHk

If you have a Kindle Fire and have Amazon Prime package, watch it in you video documentaries. It worth a watch!
Offline Theophilus  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 7:50:11 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I wish to say first that I truly appreciate what what each of you has written. It has given me much to consider and hope to provide a more substantial reply soon. At present I have several questions on what was written as some aspects appear dubious to my understanding and truly hope that together with an openness to evidence and reason, that we can approach a truer understanding at least of history, and ideally more.

Maybe I'm approaching YT's perspective of losing my patriotism, but not yet being hatefully condemning all actions my nation has taken, and use the analogy of a stopped clock being correct twice a day.

I do you we can support the claims made in the discussion. As an example I was sufficiently curious about the Japanese aircraft engine mentioned before to look up the craft on wikipedia and learned its first flight occurred in 1943 with no mention of a US engine.

I've heard theories about FDR being complicit in the Pearl Harbor attack, but little to no credible evidence. I was surprised to learn that the alleged Eisenhower comments about the atomic bomb, are in much doubt and that he likely had little to no intelligence on the Pacific theater at that time given his theater of responsibility. The most relevant for this discussion is what evidence support the notion that Japan was ready for unconditional surrender prior to the atomic bombings and the Soviet entry against Japan. More on this later, but if this claim is untrue than, the case against the US is weak indeed.

Also if true what was America's correct moral response to Japan's aggression in the Pacific?

Not reacting to Pearl Harbor does little good to the US forces on Wake, Guam, the Philippines or our Allied peoples under assault. This basic question has yet to be answered. The short answer otherwise appears to be surrender or at least acceptance of an Axis domination of much of the world.

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline Theophilus  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 12:13:17 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

-Since I mentioned evidence before I hope that it will be acceptable to share from at least one source that has been impactful to my understanding of the historic conditions among the leadership of Imperial Japan and until demonstrated otherwise led me to the conclusion that the US acted rationally in swiftly and decisively ending the most destructive and deadly global conflict in history. The first source I’ll refer to is called “Downfall: the End of the Imperial Japanese Empire” by Richard B. Frank.

-Page 332 discusses why the account of Eisenhower to Stimson is dubious. The only source is Ike’s postwar recollections written in 1948 initially and expanded in 1963. The strongest refutation is Stimson whose diary reputes to detail all of his discussions on the atomic bomb, yet does not hint at such an exchange nor do the official or semi –official records of that period in the diaries of Leahy, Arnold or any other relevant party. In a letter from Ike in July 12, 1945 he confesses he had “not the slightest idea of what is going to happen in the Pacific.” This is likely since he apparently did not receive Pacific-theater Ultra or Magic at that time.

-In a section titled, ”The Political Components” Frank shares starting on page 343 the following:

Quote:
-The fundamental political reality is that it was Japanese, not American leaders who controlled when and how the Pacific war would end. Those insisting that Japan’s surrender could have been procured without recourse to atomic bombs cannot point to any credible supporting evidence from the eight men who effectively controlled Japan’s destiny: the six members of the supreme Council for the Direction of the War, Lord Keeper of the Privy seal Kido, and the Emperor. Not only has no relevant document been recovered from the wartime period, but none of them, even as they faced potential death sentences in war-crimes trials, testified that Japan would have surrendered earlier upon an offer of modified terms, coupled to Soviet intervention or some other combination of events , excluding the use of atomic bombs. Nor does Showa Tenno Dokuhakuoku contain any indication that a different Allied policy might have brought about an earlier surrender.

-Certainly, Japan’s leaders recognized that the war ultimately must end, but as Edward Drea has pointed out, “When Hirohito and the peace faction or any other Japanese who mattered talked about ending the war, they meant by negotiating settlement, not a capitulation and certainly not a an unconditional surrender.” There is abundant documentation to support this assessment. The formal policy of the Suzuki government adopted in June 1945 was the Ketsu-Go fight to the finish, which contained no explicit role for negotiations. The sole diplomatic initiative carrying any legitimacy was the demarche to the Soviet Union, which Foreign Minister Togo conceded unmistakably, signaled an intent to mediate an end to the war. This maneuver, however, demanded services of the soviet as mediators and a negotiated termination with the Allies. Both steps required concessions. The Supreme Council for the Direction of the War never reached consensus on the incentives to dangle before the Soviets; before Hiroshima, they never engaged in substantive discussion of what conditions they would accept.

-Only on August 9, after withstanding months of blockade and bombardment, obvious preparations for invasion, two atomic bombs, and Soviet intervention, did the Big Six formulate terms for ending the war. Even then, Army Minister Amami and Chiefs of Staff Umezu and Toyoda insisted on maintaining the old order – a position completely unacceptable to the Allies.

-Nor does the record leave any doubt, reasonable or otherwise, that an American offer to retain the Imperial institution would have obtained an earlier Japanese surrender. In the Magic Far East Diplomatic Summary for July 22, Togo expressly rejected the advice of Ambassador Sato to accept such an offer. If Togo, the most vigorous advocate within the inner eight of ending the war promptly, dismissed such a proposal, these is no rational prospect that it would have won support from any of the other members of the Supreme Council.

-Although there was no realistic chance that diplomacy could have halted the war prior to the use of atomic weapons, there still remains several contentious issues concerning exactly why Japan surrendered. The end of hostilities required both a decision by a legitimate authority that Japan must yield to Allied terms and compliance by Japanese armed forces with that decision. The Suzuki cabinet, the legal government of Japan, never agreed on its own to surrender on terms acceptable to the Allies. We cannot know whether this cabinet ever would have reached consensus on such terms. More fundamentally, we cannot know whether the Suzuki government would have even survived had Imperial Headquarters executed its plan to declare martial law.

-The legitimate authority that determined Japan must capitulate was the Emperor. The contemporary evidence and the Emperor’s own voice in Showa Tenno Dokuhakuroku demolished the postwar myth that the Emperor was eager for surrender throughout 1945 and thus could have been mobilized to end the war by American diplomacy. The Emperor was in fact a vigorous advocate of Ketsu-Go until the final defeat loomed on Okinawa. His instinctive choice even then of an alternate strategy was to launch a new offensive in China. Only after this proposal was rejected by the Imperial Army did he look to diplomacy as a way to extricate Japan from its predicament. And still his aim was Soviet mediation to avoid anything like unconditional surrender. There is no evidence that he ever contemplated terms less favorable for Japan than the ones Kido drafted in early June, which resembled the Treaty of Versailles. Neither Kido’s contemporary diary nor the emperor’s own recollections support the brief that the Emperor instructed Prince Konoe to stop the war immediately upon any terms.

Tellingly, Suzuki’s disastrous mokusatsu rejection of the Potsdam Declaration passed without criticism from the Emperor. Nor did his alter ego submit an offer of surrender congenial to Army Minister Anami and the other military leaders that would have been wholly unacceptable to the Allies. Since Kido was the man most intimately aware of the Emperor’s mind-set, this episode is further compelling evidence of the Emperor’s actual thinking.

-Why did the Emperor finally intervene? He consistently gave three reasons. When he first announced his decision in the early morning hours of August 10, he said that he “given serious thought to the situation prevailing at home and abroad.” The allusion to Japan’s internal situation is significant. There is a great deal of direct and indirect evidence demonstrating that fear (perhaps exaggerated) of a domestic upheaval provided Konoe, Yonai and ultimately Kido and the Emperor with a powerful impetus to end the war. This collapse of domestic morale arose from the general trajectory of the war but became much more marked in the early summer of 1945 due to blockade and bombing. The Emperor also explicitly cited two military considerations: inadequate preparation to resist the invasion and the vast destructiveness of the atomic bomb and air attacks. He did not refer to Soviet intervention.

My apologies for the length of the above passage quoted, but will guess that readers of Yada and KP are used to this?

This author and other like him make a compelling case that Imperial Japan was far from screaming uncle in mid 1945 and sought retain their regime, which would have ignored the hugely painful lesson just learned in Germany about leaving such an aggressor power under the illusion that it had not actually been defeated (WW-1) and to be determined to try again as soon as they recovered (WW-2).

So I ask once again, if the above historical account is correct and the revisionists account of an eager to surrender Japan, a Cold War fantasy, how ought Truman have swiftly and decisively ended the most horrific war in history? Compared to mass starvation another year or three blockade would bring, I think it was. Compared to the 5-10 million Japanese deaths and 1.7 to 4 million American casualties to include 400,000 to 800,000 American fatalities W.B. Shockley estimated in July of 1945 for Stimson the invasion would cost once Ultra made clear that defenses on Kyushu exceeded the original estimates by more than three times in combat divisions and two to four times in aircraft, it most certainly was.

FWIW, I hope that I’m truly open to be persuaded as I’ve been moved dramatically in so many areas by Yada and the revelations in Scripture that have been made clear to me. Yada was wise to confess that he’s not inerrant and wonder if this is indeed a case of his zeal leading him and others to an errant conclusion in this case. I realize that I am unusually challenged in overcoming my patriotism, as I was a child of the late cold War, was persuaded that peace through strength could successfully deter Soviet expansion and even WW-3 from occurring, served in what was then West Germany which became Germany while I was there and fought in Desert Storm where I witnessed Kuwaitis grateful to see Saddam’s army evicted from their neighborhoods.

Was life in the free democratic nations of NATO preferable to life under the authoritarian regimes of the Warsaw Pact? At the time I thought so and was pleased to see the Wall fall peacefully, but now think it is a fleeting gain compared to coming to know Yah and His Torwah. Possibly I was duped into thinking that political, economic and religious liberty were worth defending and that these are no different from the forces an ideologies that I opposed then, but have not been fully convinced of that yet. I pray if I was wrong then, that my heart is soft enough to be changed as Yah would wish it to be. Also I'm pleased at the uproar people here are loudly raising about measures that threaten to make American more like these tyrannies and less a home of liberty.

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline dajstill  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 1:18:52 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Lets look at the concept of casualties during the war. The purpose of the atomic bomb was to kill people. While no one would think it wrong to drop weapons to destroy infrasture that aided in development of the weapons of war, that was not the purpose of the bomb - the purpose was to kill as many civilians as possible. In that instant, America forever changed the rules of war. The attach on the World Trade Center was directly in line with the warfare put forth by America, kill the people that have nothing at all to do with the attack. People don't go to war, countries do. Their military's fight each other until one military is incapable of holding its own. No, America intentional killed as many women and children, elderly and those not engaging in battle, and those farthest away from the fighting. We intentionally attacked a CIVILIAN population. While America declares there were weapons being manufactured in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we did NOT attack military installations - we intentionally attacked and killed civilians - on purpose. How did that save lives?
While Wikipedia isn't the best source in the world, they do have some good info. This link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrender_of_Japan clearly indicates Japan was trying to negotiate surrender through the Soviets. However, the Soviets had already agreed to attack them with the US and the Brits. What did "unconditional surrender" mean? What was America asking for? That the Japanese become our slaves?
Also, the US, Brits, and Soviets were dividing up the entire planet like candy during WW2 - without any account to the wishes of the sovereign nations around the world. They handed over parts of Northern Africa and the Middle East and even islands in the Pacific to each other without ever addressing the people who lived in those regions directly. This was imperialism and it was wrong. Killing innocent civilians to force the hand of the Japanese was wrong. I don't care if 10 million soldiers chose to duke it out on the battlefield to the last man - intentionally killing tens of thousands of women, children, elderly is wrong - period. When the Twin Towers were attacked, we as American's were aghast at the horror of attacking innocents because you don't like the decisions of their government. How was that any different than what we did - yet we did it on a scale magnified by 1000.

If you can't see the wrong America has performed on others, do a bit of research on the wrong America has performed on its own citizens. Read "The Underground History of American Education" by John Taylor Gatto and see the true reason we have compulsory education. Everyone loves to say our education system is failing in this country - however it is doing exactly what it was originally designed to do. We repeal back in horror when we hear about China experimenting on its own people, forgetting about the Tuskegee Experiment that was done on America's own people. Want to see what your own country has done - check out this YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78nFY_XbJzE. Yes, radiation experiments on our own people, but it was "okay" because the people were just African American (I am African American and I cried the first time I saw this video).

No country is perfect and I don't know a better place to live than America in 2012. However, that doesn't excuse the absolutely horrible things this country has done and none of the good outweighs the bad. Radiation experiments on children? On the surface, America shines like a new penny - but as you peel back the onion you begin to see we haven't been much different that any other country to exist. The same shock and horror I felt when I learned about the true history of Christianity is the same shock and horror I felt when I learned about the true history of the United States. I had been fed a lie and fell victim to a really, really good propaganda machine; no different than those people in any other country pointing their weapons at us. We are all simply pawns to the powers that be.

Again, I wouldn't want to live any other place right now (okay, maybe on some private island with miles of beach and nice hammocks), but that is much different than patriotism. George Orwell's 1984 isn't far off - we go from fighting an "enemy" to being allies to being rivals to fighting again. Just like Christianity - I understand why its hard to break. American's are amazing people, its not the people that are a problem, its the system. This system that is intentionally manipulating international financial markets - so the poor in other countries stay poor. With the click of a mouse button we manipulate the earning power of billions of people on the planet - all for the gain of a select few. I am NOT a Occupy type - I am a staunch conservative and voted for a Republican or Constitution Party candidate in every election. However, when you peel back the onion - what this country (not the individual people, the system) has done throughout the world is wrong. Our being the reserve currency means we have power over the entire world. Instead of being fiscally responsible - we manipulated that position, went off the gold standard, and now operate in so much debt - and we pretty much force the world to finance our excess or we will bring the entire system down. Torah clearly tells us not to have unjust weights and measures, not to do harm to the poor - yet that is how this country has operated for decades. Not doing harm to our own citizens, we do harm to entire countries by manipulating the value of their country currency - all for cheap imports and high priced exports.

We have gotten so greedy that we are even hurting ourselves. Watch the movie "food, inc." - while there is some liberal drivel in the movie, truth is truth. Companies are being allowed to poison our food supply for money. The government now determines which companies succeed or fail based on their willingness to bribe politicians (taking bribes is clearly against the Torah). The problem is, patriotism sometimes has us excuse evil done by our own government while we condemn (and even go to war) when those same actions are done by other countries. It clouds our vision and makes it hard to see what Yahowah is saying. We are clearly in the last days and we must be loyal to Yahowah alone. 50, 60, 70 years ago it may not have been as big of a deal, but this age is different. Evil is being ramped up and we will need to be clearly in tune with Yahowah to know who is for Him and who is against Him.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 4:28:55 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Spending time to figure out whether the USA was right or wrong politically/militarily is missing the point. Yah asked us to walk away from politics and patriotism - and that does not depend on whether or not the USA was right or wrong. Even had the USA been right in all of the military decisions, that does not make it okay to be patriotic according to Yah. I just want to make sure we are putting what matters to Yah at the forefront.

“Yahowah (YaHoWaH) said (‘amar) to (’el) ‘Abram (‘Abram): ‘Walk away from (halak min) your country (‘atah ‘erets) and away from (min) your relatives (‘atah moledeth), and away from (min) your father’s (‘ab) home and household (bayth), to God’s (‘el) realm (‘erets) which by relationship (‘asher) I will show you and provide (ra’ah).’” (Re’syth 12:1)

Walking away from babel, from human corruptions, from family customs, from religious myths, and from patriotism and politics, is the lone prerequisite for participating in His Covenant. Your willingness to question, and then disassociate from, these things will determine whether or not coming to know God and engaging in a relationship with Him is even possible.

We can't walk to God without first walking away from some form of human deception, whether it be one’s religion, patriotism, politics, business, culture, community, or sometimes even family. We have been misled, beguiled by lies into placing our faith in the wrong things. So for most, we must take the incredibly difficult and often painful step of separating ourselves from the mistaken beliefs of our culture, community, and country. It is only after we have taken this step that we can turn to Yahowah. The path He has provided to relationship and salvation are too narrow and restrictive to drag anything else along
Offline Richard  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 4:35:22 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
While I am thoroughly enjoying these posts, I can't help but try to simplify the whole patriotism issue in my own mind.

For me, then, it all boils down to this: is it appropriate for me, as someone who knows Yahowah and has accepted His Covenant and its terms and conditions as outlined in the Torah, to participate in the flag-waving hero worship of our nation's armed forces and/or to take part in the political schemes of this nation's leaders by endorsing one liar over the others?

The answer is a very loud, "NO!"

All this other stuff, while informative, is unnecessary in bringing me to the all-important conclusion that patriotism is just as evil as every other religion.
Offline Theophilus  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 6:20:12 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

-Dajstill, thank you for sharing the wiki article. I too regard that source with some skepticism, however it can be a useful source to summarize and direct further research of sources. Respectfully after reading both the passage I related above and your wiki article, your conclusion that it “clearly indicates Japan was trying to negotiate surrender through the Soviets” is incorrect. When both are read carefully it is clear that Japan’s leaders were NOT seeking a surrender prior to the atomic bombings, but were seeking an end to the hostilities which preserved not only the Emperor, but also the militarists regime and had not accepted the Allied United Nations terms as presented at the Potsdam conference. This option leaves Japan undefeated and still wed to the politi-religious Bushido militarism that motivated their reason for attempting global conquest unaltered. To settle the Pacific War without Japan’s capitulation also ignores the principle lesson of end of World War One leading to World War Two. Ask yourself if an undefeated Nazi regime should have been left in power in Greater Germany so long as an end of the immediate hostilities was able to be reached?

It was helpful for me to see again just what the Allied terms from Potsdam were:

Quote:
On July 26, the United States, Britain and China released the Potsdam Declaration announcing the terms for Japan's surrender, with the warning, "We will not deviate from them. There are no alternatives. We shall brook no delay." For Japan, the terms of the declaration specified:
• the elimination "for all time [of] the authority and influence of those who have deceived and misled the people of Japan into embarking on world conquest"
• the occupation of "points in Japanese territory to be designated by the Allies"
• "Japanese sovereignty shall be limited to the islands of Honshū, Hokkaidō, Kyūshū, Shikoku and such minor islands as we determine." As had been announced in the Cairo Declaration in 1943, Japan was to be reduced to her pre-1894 territory and stripped of her pre-war empire including Korea and Taiwan, as well as all her recent conquests.
• "The Japanese military forces shall be completely disarmed"
• "stern justice shall be meted out to all war criminals, including those who have visited cruelties upon our prisoners"

On the other hand, the declaration stated that:
• "We do not intend that the Japanese shall be enslaved as a race or destroyed as a nation, ... The Japanese Government shall remove all obstacles to the revival and strengthening of democratic tendencies among the Japanese people. Freedom of speech, of religion, and of thought, as well as respect for the fundamental human rights shall be established."
• "Japan shall be permitted to maintain such industries as will sustain her economy and permit the exaction of just reparations in kind, ... Japanese participation in world trade relations shall be permitted."
• "The occupying forces of the Allies shall be withdrawn from Japan as soon as these objectives have been accomplished and there has been established in accordance with the freely expressed will of the Japanese people a peacefully inclined and responsible government.

Contrary to popular belief, the only use of the term "unconditional surrender" came at the end of the declaration:

• "We call upon the government of Japan to proclaim now the unconditional surrender of all Japanese armed forces, and to provide proper and adequate assurances of their good faith in such action. The alternative for Japan is prompt and utter destruction."

Contrary to what had been intended at its conception, the Declaration made no mention of the emperor at all. Allied intentions on issues of utmost importance to the Japanese, including whether Hirohito was to be regarded as one of those who had "misled the people of Japan" or even a war criminal, or alternatively, whether the emperor might become part of a "peacefully inclined and responsible government" were thus left unstated.
The "prompt and utter destruction" clause has been interpreted as a veiled warning about American possession of the atomic bomb (which had been tested successfully on the first day of the conference).

Japanese reaction

On July 27, the Japanese government considered how to respond to the Declaration. The four military members of the Big Six wanted to reject it, but Tōgō persuaded the cabinet not to do so until he could get a reaction from the Soviets. In a telegram, Shun'ichi Kase, Japan's ambassador to Switzerland, observed that "unconditional surrender" applied only to the military and not to the government or the people, and he pleaded that it should be understood that the careful language of Potsdam appeared "to have occasioned a great deal of thought" on the part of the signatory governments—"they seem to have taken pains to save face for us on various points."[72] The next day, Japanese newspapers reported that the Declaration, the text of which had been broadcast and dropped by leaflet into Japan, had been rejected. In an attempt to manage public perception, Prime Minister Suzuki met with the press, and stated:

I consider the Joint Proclamation a rehash of the Declaration at the Cairo Conference. As for the Government, it does not attach any important value to it at all. The only thing to do is just kill it with silence (mokusatsu). We will do nothing but press on to the bitter end to bring about a successful completion of the war.

Dajstill, far from making your case, your article demonstrates that Imperial Japan’s leaders were not interested in surrender and preferred “pressing on to the bitter end to bring about a successful completion of the war.”
-Your wiki article also appears to offer support to Truman’s characterizations of the atomic bombs targets as military bases, and not purely civilian targets:

Quote:
The Target Committee nominated four targets: Kokura, the site of one of Japan's largest munitions plants; Hiroshima, an embarkation port and industrial center that was the site of a major military headquarters; Niigata, a port with industrial facilities including steel and aluminium plants and an oil refinery; and Kyoto, a major industrial center…. The city of Nagasaki had been one of the largest sea ports in southern Japan and was of great wartime importance because of its wide-ranging industrial activity, including the production of ordnance, ships, military equipment, and other war materials.

-For context President Truman’s comments are related in the article as:

Quote:
We are now prepared to obliterate more rapidly and completely every productive enterprise the Japanese have above ground in any city. We shall destroy their docks, their factories, and their communications. Let there be no mistake; we shall completely destroy Japan's power to make war. It was to spare the Japanese people from utter destruction that the ultimatum of July 26 was issued at Potsdam. Their leaders promptly rejected that ultimatum. If they do not now accept our terms they may expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth.

It is apparent that Japan expected the Allies to invade the home islands and amass the massive casualties the Shockley report estimated would compel the Allies to settle the war to successful completion of the war as PM Suzuki expressed. To that end the article indicates that had an invasion of the home islands occurred the 100,000 allied prisoners of war would be executed and:

Quote:
Defense preparations

Faced with the prospect of an invasion of the Home Islands starting with Kyūshū, and also the prospect of a Soviet invasion of Manchuria, Japan's last source of natural resources, the War Journal of the Imperial Headquarters concluded:

We can no longer direct the war with any hope of success. The only course left is for Japan's one hundred million people to sacrifice their lives by charging the enemy to make them lose the will to fight
.[9]

Since according to this source Imperial Japan’s rulers were set to press their civilian population to sacrificially die fighting the Allies, absent the atom bomb rendering even that measure moot, which gave them a face saving way to accept the Potsdam terms.

So when properly informed with the historical evidence, how do you rationally conclude that allowing Japan’s civilian population to either starve or die as suicide weapons against the Allies was it not more merciful as horrible as it was to use of the minimum number of atomic weapons needed to swiftly and decisively end the World War Two?

We should find these weapons horrible, since they do cause massive deaths and suffering. It is largely because of this that they are so effective in deterrence in the hands of rational people, that they have never been used since and have made “great power war” too deadly to contemplate, and why such wars have not occurred since. It has been suggested that America invented the concept of attacking a whole people rather than purely overtly military personnel as a means of subduing a hostile foe. I suggest you look again in history as this has been employed going back to ancient times. Unfortunately some societies choose to militarize their civilian populations like Imperial Japan or co-locate military assets in very close proximity to civilian human shields which makes defeating such a foe a very difficult and ugly matter such as Iran’s nuclear facilities.

Shalom82, speaking of Iran, is correct that that nuclear weapons are desirable by regimes that wish to have them so as to thwart the possibility of external invasions to remove them. Why this is a serious problem Islamic Republic is their ideology, as Yada shared in the “Green Book” which tells us that they will use these weapons to accomplish Jihads end goal either in global conquest or in global martyrdom. Please read Prophet of Doom and the Ayatollah Khomeini’s “Green Book” for details on this.

Dajstill, with respect to the other charges you bring against America, I agree with you that these are deplorable, but are also irrelevant to this discussion.

As I was getting ready to post this, I read the most recent posts by YT and FlintFace, and I especially agree with YT, in the importance of not replacing our allegiance to Yah with a substitute like super-nationalism. I don’t think this requires us to condemn all aspects of either America or Babylon, just not remain enmeshed in either’s system in place of or Yah’s. I suppose I was largely reacting to Yada’s comments reiterated again on the May 2, 2011 BTR that the US reacted irrationally by avenging the attack on Pearl Harbor with what measures were ultimately needed to end WW-2.

Yada advises us to become properly informed and to evaluate evidence to render rational conclusions. Thankfully (IMHO) Yada does this very well in most instances but in his apparent zeal to universally condemn America and especially American military power, seems have failed to follow his recommended process in this case. The attack on Pearl Harbor was but the opening of Japan’s bid for global empire inspired by a polti-religious dogma much like Islam’s global jihad. Ignoring that reality leads to a very faulty conclusion and a grossly inaccurate condemnation.

Is not our quest to find truth and not to ignore, twist or conflate facts to suit our ideology? When we do condemn, should it not be based on accurate facts and rational conclusions? Doesn’t condemning irrationally, and against the abundant evidence of facts and reason also call into question the validity of our other conclusions?

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline dajstill  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 8:09:15 AM(UTC)
dajstill

I understand your struggle, I really do. I am not judging you at all. Just keep seeking Yah on this issue.

One of the first revalations I got (all on my own, I was so proud!) when reading the Scriptures once I found Yah, was the first sin. The tree Satan stood for in Genesis was the knowledge of good and evil. What I got from that was how absolutely horrid good and evil in the same pot are to Yahowah. When pointed to the evil done on behalf of the US, your mind immediately goes to the good. This, in my view, is the absolute only trick the devil has up his sleeve for all of humanity. We get pure evil - it is so easy to detect, to see, and to fight against. What is much harder to wage war against is good mixed with evil.

Many people will never leave Christianity, no matter what truth they find in Yahowah - because of the good the religion has done. This was an approach used by the mafia and used even by street gangs. Do enough "good" in the community and people will look past your faults, no matter how evil they may be. The same with patriotism - some people will support this country no matter what, because of the good it has done. In spite of any wrong, irregardless of all the things that are simply against Yahowah - they will hang on. After reflecting on the entire history of this nation - I cannot think of one evil it has not actively engaged in at some point in her history. I also can't think of any good it hasn't been a part of. It seems that the U.S. is the absolute embodiment of the tree of knowledge of good an evil. This is why patriotism is so hard to resist, especially in the USA.

Maybe a better way to look at things is to consider - is it for Yahowah? Does patriotism lead people to Yahowah? Could it lead people away from Yahowah? We are taught to revere the Statue of Liberty - call her Lady Liberty, children are taught to identify her in preschool. They never get taught they are learning to revere a pagan deity. What about pledging allegiance to the flag? Were we ever supposed to do that? Can one follow Yahowah and pledge allegiance to a flag and country? At the end of the day - if it doesn't lead to the straight and very narrow road, we must leave it. This path is a fight and a struggle and Yahoshua never, ever said it would be easy. Reading about our need to leave father, mother, etc. is so easy, doing it is painful to the core.

Again, I feel your turmoil and your anguish. You are looking for something, anything that will help throwing patriotism off be easy. I don't think that is going to happen for you. This road, this path - it is going to cost you everything. That is why I get so angry with Christianity - they told me it was easy. Just confess, believe, and everything would be easy peasy smooth sailing through the gates of heaven. No, I am being stripped of my entire identity to gain a new one in Yah. While I love Yah and this process has been the most rewording in my entire life - its the hardest thing I ever had to do. And you are not alone. While patriotism isn't my struggle now - it was. I loved my country - warts, flaws and all. I would cry whenever Hank Williams Jr. (or some impersonator) would crank up a rousing rendition of "Proud to be an American" - I would literally cry! You really want to see my boo hoo someone play Trace Atkins "Welcome to Arlington". (As you can tell, I am a big country music fan). Its hard, no judgement at all.
Offline Mike  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 9:22:12 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Theophilus,

My dad said that the engines on the kamikaze plane were Pratt-Whitney. I have no reason to doubt him, he was there, we weren’t. Dad is patriotic, he attends the VFW, American Legion, gives talks at schools, rides in parades. He used to march in the parades but he just turned 91 so he is slowing down.

I did a quick search on Google and this is what I found.

http://www.cafsocal.com/zero.htm
http://www.warbirddepot...._fighters_zero-cafsc.asp
http://www.orgsites.com/ca/caf-socal/_pgg1.php3
Currently, this aircraft has a Pratt & Whitney R1830 engine (compared to the original Sakai engine in the Planes of Fame Museum's flyable A6M5 Zero). There is, nevertheless, the fact that Japan had a contract with Pratt & Whitney before WWII in which P&W provided engines for fighter planes and other aircraft. It is, therefore, conceivable that some of the planes participating in the Pearl Harbor attack could have been powered by American engines.

http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/conspiracy.htm
However, when our Marines opened drums marked "Aviation Fuel" written in Japanese at Guadalcanal, what they found was alcohol. The Japanese Zero, a wooden airplane with a nine-cylinder radial copied from our Pratt & Whitney engines, ran on alcohol. The Zero could outrun and out climb anything we had at the beginning of the War. Alcohol allows the use of a higher compression in the engine, runs cooler, and permits higher RPMs.

http://www.fundinguniver...ney-Company-History.html
In a major coup, Rentschler won a $15 million engine order for the military, but his insistence on supplying propellers to Japan in defiance of a State Department request led the War Department to abruptly switch the order to another company.

http://www.michiganshipwrecks.org/dc4.htm
Late in 1939, the lone DC-4E prototype was sold to Japan. This was ostensibly for use by a Japanese airline, but the buyer turned out to be a front organization for the Japanese Navy and the craft quickly disappeared. The quick disappearance of the airplane was attributed to a training crash in Tokyo Bay but, actually. it was disassembled in an aircraft factory and used as the model for a very similar four-engine bomber that, thankfully, never got beyond the prototype stage.

By the end of the war the Japs were desperate, so they would have used any engine or parts that were available.

Shalom
Offline Theophilus  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 9:36:23 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Thanks for the information Mike. That is remarkable.

It's not surprising to me that American companies like P&W would sell to an eager buyer, especially in the Great Depression, but would eb surprised if they were lend-leasing aircraft engines to the IJN in 1943 when the aircraft in question forst flew. Indeed I understand that teh A-6M Zeke / Zero had its design influenced by the designer of the Sopwith Camel, aslo a top figheter in its day.

It seems to me that Japan since Perry visited has excelled at seeking out someone else's tech (even beer) and replicating and even enhancing these to suite their own purposes. Thankfully their development of atomic weapons was not aided in time to make the difference in that era.

FWIW, the Japanese are IMHO a remarkable people and much prefer them as friends. I sense that the aftermath of the war has left their national politi-religion much diminished, but now accept the religion of Secular-Humanism in its' place. I pray that they like all peoples be reached with the truth of Yah's Torwah.

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline Theophilus  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 10:01:26 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

dajstill, I think you're understanding me well. The leap would indeed be easier and preferable if the nation I came from were utterly and completely deplorable and find your characterization of a nation that had a hand in some of the very worst, as well as in human terms some of the very best that humanity has witnessed in the last two-hundred plus years. I think that I now recognize that Super-Patriotism is or at least has the potential to be a dangerous idol which leaves a soul limited in it's ability to accept Yah's set-apart Spirit or truly and openly observe His Towrah prescriptions.

I truly hope that I've not offeneded or overly alienated my fellow YY forum participants by examining the evidence in this instance. I truly am struggling with this process and find it harder, not easier when the case is made that does not stand up to rational scrutiny. As an example when I read up thread that the US involvmenet Vietnam was made for the purpose of re-subjecting the people of South Vietnam to the French colonial empire, I question it as we did not send our forces as part of the UN to frocibly reintigrate Sout Korea into the Japanese Empire, but to stop the Communist North from forcibly taking over that nation. That and the French claim to South Vietnam ended with Dien Bien Phu about a decade before LBJ escelated theUS role there. This is not helpful, to me, but detesting LBJ for making up the Gulf of Tonkin incident is.

dajstill, it sounds like we share a common sense of pain about the easy promises of Christianity. It pains me to see my friends and family still in it and unwilling to challenge their assumptions or consider the eveidence to reach an informed and rational conclusion based on the evidence.

This will likely need to be a seperate topic, but after hearing all of the pronouncements of the evilness of troops slaughtering civilans, coupled with a reverance for the Torwah, I wonder if anyone else struggles with the calls theirin (if accurately conveyed) to seize the Land of Promise from the named Cannanite peoples targeted? Put yourself in their sandels and consider how difficult actually commiting the wet work Shalom82 equivicates the Allies used to subdue Imperial Japan and consider what was apparently done in the Land?

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline Theophilus  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 4:16:20 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

For the benefit of those who have read the discussion above, I thought that I should post Yada’s reply to a lengthy email I sent him which conveyed much of this discussion:

Quote:
I have received and have read your letter. But since it would take better part of a day to effectively respond to it, and to accurately restate my conclusions and the many reasons behind them, in addition to challenging your assertions, I'm not going to invest the time to write a rebuttal to your opposition to my position. Sorry.

While exposing and opposing religion and politics, economic and military schemes is something we are called to do, the nature of faith, patriotism, personal justification, and group affinity most often precludes success. The most we can typically hope for is to present a seldom-considered perspective that causes some small percentage of those who are open minded and do not have a vested interest to question what they have been led to believe - or what they have done. That was my intent with the review of the terrorist tactics, unholy alliances, and grotesque cost associated with the prosecution of WWII. That was my only intent. To do more, such as to delineate a comprehensive alternative plan, would be a poor of time.

But in my opinion, based upon the research I've done, I have come to the conclusion that there were much better, faster, and less costly, alternatives to the way the US entered the fight against the Germans, many of which I've spoken of (which essentially concur with Churchill). And with regard to Japan, my point is that since the Japanese had no interest in, nor could they have successfully invaded and then occupied the US, it should give patriots pause. They ought to question why we were willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of our own children's lives and millions of Japanese lives.

As someone who has volunteered to fight on behalf of America, while I don't agree with it, I understand your perspective. But that is no big deal. I don't agree with any of my own previous positions on religion, politics, patriotism, economics, or the military, either. And I understand that 99.9999% of people are going to disagree with one or more aspects of what I'm sharing 99.9999% of the time.

So in conclusion, with WWII all I want is for patriots to think, to realize that the US committed hundreds of terrorist acts, that the US allied with and abetted mass murderers, and that we ought not be mindlessly celebrating that which was so costly and deadly. In truth, we ought not be patriotic or support our military. After all, walking away from one's nation is a Covenant prerequisite.

No hard feelings on this one Rob from my end. I realize that the single most controversial thing I say isn't to condemn Paul or Muhammad, but to criticize patriotism. And as I've said many times, while the notion that the US military has fought for America's freedom is a very popular myth, the single weakest link in the chain of evidence is the Pacific Theater of WWII. But since it is a chain comprised of hundreds of links, and since the Japanese were never a threat to occupy continental America, I'm satisfied with the conclusions the combined weight of all of the links collectively infer.

Yada

FWIW, I found that I basically agreed with Yada’s general sentiments, especially his larger point on criticizing super patriotism / nationalism / militarism, but I wish to do so rationally based on the support of evidence. I’ll need to ask for clarification on his comments on Churchill’s plan for entry into Europe, but that appears to be a separate matter from what I asked about regarding how better to have ended the Pacific War.

I do remain disappointed that no rational case supported by the evidence has yet to be made on how this could’ve been better attained which actually removed the rulers of Imperial Japan who attempted global domination from power and in so doing to also so discredit the Bushido politi-religion used to motivate their military and populace in that endeavor to such a fanatical degree. I will ask that until such a case can be made that the Pacific War cease being used as an example and to instead use better examples that a clear case can be made and supported.

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline Richard  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:53:32 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Theophilus wrote:
I do remain disappointed that no rational case supported by the evidence has yet to be made on how this could’ve been better attained which actually removed the rulers of Imperial Japan who attempted global domination from power and in so doing to also so discredit the Bushido politi-religion used to motivate their military and populace in that endeavor to such a fanatical degree. I will ask that until such a case can be made that the Pacific War cease being used as an example and to instead use better examples that a clear case can be made and supported.

I would ask, "Who cares? What difference will it make today?"

Yada has his opinions on various matters, which he has developed through his own personal methods of reasoning. You have yours, I have mine, and still others have theirs. Everyone has an opinion. Some voice theirs publicly and there will always be those who disagree with one or more publicly expressed opinions. In the end, any opinion which does not relate directly to Yahowah's Torah is of no real value in the long run. Endless verbal wrestling only serves to distract from what is important, and I would encourage you to move past this issue.

That is my own opinion on this. May Yah bless you, Theophilus.

Richard
Offline FredSnell  
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:19:53 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

We would have to assume first, that it was alright for men to come here with lead and powder, and dessimate a people that fought with stick and stones, and after that, conquere the rest of the land and then remove a people from the dark continent to act as machinery all the while a good many profited from their labor. And then, act as if we were ashame of that act and kill half a million to release that guilt. We weren't freeing any black man with a civil war, he was already born free. And then we get into the, "spirits" of alcohol, drugs and tobacco, just what this country was built on. And for the present time as we exist we all are in a way debted to those that never renounced the shame we brought on ourselves through breaking Gods original text to us all. I personnally feel ashamed for what our founders have done to the world. Sure I know Yah had already witnessed it before hand, and maybe knew we were the ones that would be the real culprits by actually through the course of events of the elected officials, promote devastating agendas. Like being the major proveyor of weapons of war. Being the major consumers of drugs and alcohol, and actually promoting it, all the while reaping it's rewards by putting, "sin taxes" on it. Do we really have vital intreset. I say no we don't. We have one, and it's been plastered over too.
I use to feel we were an obediant nation, but now days, I just see everything is against, Yah. And I could just be simplstic in my view, but until I learn we had a right from God to do the unthinkable in many cases, I will continue to feel like we are the ones that are causing this world to rebel against Fathers Word.
There are many the would have me equate our nation with my very household. But I say, we are the ones that broke into a home and stole it from the owners so we can bring our form of justice that is predicated off the NT.
Offline Theophilus  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 4:46:40 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

EH,
While you’ve utterly ignored the topic I asked about you do present some interesting perspectives in your comments. I don’t blame you for this since the historical facts and evidence appear not to exist (even though suggested they do) to rationally support a contrary position regradng the end of the Pacific war, which leaves ignoring these facts in preference for relegating all positions as mere opinions, as if facts and evidence do not exist to render an informed conclusion.

To address your first point, what occurs to me is that when the Pilgrims arrived in North America, their motivation appears to me to be just what YY advocates; namely to leave Babylon behind and establish a community intended to honor the God and His Messiah based on the Word of God as they understood it, but also corrupted by religious traditions. Clearly we at YY have come to very different conclusions based on our access to earlier texts, better language tools, and an awareness of the nature of religious schemes. Could you honestly say if you dwelt in 1600 Europe and sincerely sought to know God, that you would not feel inclined to follow their path rather than continue to submit to cleric and king?

Did Abraham act so much differently from the Pilgrims when he relocated and settled in Canaan with his family? While I think it’s a stretch, could you see where peoples arriving from Europe, bibles in hand, thought that reaching native peoples with the Good News was in accord with their Great Commission? While I think the treatment of native peoples was an extreme injustice, motivated by vile purposes, can you see where they might have felt that they as God’s people were imitating the example of Joshua (Yahowsha’ ben Nun) in his conquest of Canaan? Did not the slave holders in America at least try to base a justification for their vile practice on the recognition of slavery by the Israelites in their bibles?

You say that the black man was born free, and that no civil war was needed to accomplish abolition. From a free-will position or even from Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration perspectives, I agree, but are you truly so uninformed that you are unaware that black people were actually denied basic liberties such as economic and political freedoms much less civil rights as chattel slaves, absent the Civil War in much of the US and that amendments of the Constitution that immediately followed that war were what ended the practice here?

EH, I struggle to make sense out of much of the balance of your comments but welcome you to elaborate. Do you so detest the American system of government and economics that you would take action and flee to parts of the world that are less troubled by individual liberty such as the Islamic or Communist nations? To me Israel has appeal, but being neither biologically nor Rabbinically Jewish, wonder if I’d be welcomed or be regarded as an unwanted / illegal Messianic Gentile alien, that dilutes from the Jewish character of that State?

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline Theophilus  
#21 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 5:11:57 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Richard, you ask an intriguing question. “Who cares?” I suppose few, if our conclusions and the condemnations we make from these are to be based on factors other than evidence and reason. If mine are incorrect I wish to consider what evidence I’m missing so as to better understand and render more meaningful conclusions and judgments.

Yada has impressed me as have others on this forum for doing just this, and it troubled me to hear him repeatedly make a condemnation that in this case that has yet to be supported, and is indeed in direct opposition to the relevant historical facts and evidence. Were it merely opinions for opinions sake that were unsupportable one way or another, I’d agree that the issue is ultimately irrelevant and bother with it no further. Regrettably to date, no material evidence has been presented to even contest the facts as I presented them, much less prove his position, so am troubled when this specific condemnation is advanced.

-All of that said, I do accept your final points with respect to Yah and the Torah having ultimate meaning for us, so yes can move past this, but will continue to carefully examine claims made by men, even those who have greatly impressed me with remarkable aspects of Yah’s Scriptures. Overcoming Patriotism continues to be a struggle for me, but something that Yada and others here have certainly helped me with and opened me eyes to some realties that needed to happen to better condemn and walk away from it.

May Yah richly bless you also Richard.

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline dajstill  
#22 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 8:31:32 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Theophilus,

You seem to be intermingling the acts of the pilgrims with those of the founding fathers and many leaders to came after them. The pilgrims were more like Abraham - arriving in someone else's land. They didn't come in robbing, killing, and stealing. That is FAR different from what took place when America became America. Not one of the pilgrims (that I can recall), marched Native Americans to their death just to steal their land. Under the guise of "Manifest Destiny", USA did some of the most horrific acts to the Native Americans.

As far as being "born free" - yes, every person in this world is born free. Every single country, state, or individual holding another as a slave is doing it illegally. Even if it is legal in the books, it is illegal before Yahowah. While the Torah speaks of bondservants - that is COMPLETELY different than the slavery that was practiced in the USA as well as what is practiced around the world today.

That is one of the big fallices of the USA being built on "Judeo-Christian values". Had the USA "truly" been using the bible when practicing slavery there wouldn't have been need for a war. The USA violated every sing Torah command when it came to holding slaves. When it came to freeing the slaves, even that is a lie. The Emancipation Proclamation (I have a copy of it on one of our walls for me children to see) didn't free all of the slaves. It only freed slaves in the Confederate states, not those in the Union. It was a political maneuver. Lincoln was extremely racist, this is a quote from a speech he delivered in 1858:

“I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races—that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this, that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

In fact, while President, Lincoln asked free Blacks to leave the country and settle in Central America. Its not that I am not grateful for the end of slavery in the USA - I am very glad. However, this is again proof of the USA being the exact image of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Lincoln was a racist and he freed the slaves - good and evil mixed together. Just like every the USA has touched - it has been the highlight of good and the highlight of evil. To emphasis the good (America helped to end WW2) while over looking the bad (it did so by intentionally targeting civilians - defenseless men, women, and children) is very, very dangerous. In the research of history that I have done, one of the most dangerous frames of mind to get people into is "by any means necessary". If people can be convinced that something is for the "greater good" they can be persuaded to do absolutely anything. Our own military generals in WW2 tried to persuade the President that we didn't need to use the atomic bomb. We didn't have to kill little children by melting the flesh off of their bodies and having them die the most painful death imaginable. Just like the plantation owners in the south didn't have to rape, kidnap, kill, and dehumanize other human beings just to pick some damn cotton. But that is what Americans were told - it "had" to be done. What do you think the beast and the babylonian system will tell people to control them in the end - they will be told it "has" to be done. They will be told it is the "only" way. People we know and love WILL take the mark of the beast - because they will be told it "has" to be done, it is the "only" way.

Again, please don't lump the pilgrims in with the government of the USA. The pilgrims came here for one purpose - to be able to live their life according to God. They were fleeing religious corruption. Would you like to know what happened to those pilgrims? They were overrun - first by Catholics, then by Anglicans, then by the official government of the USA. Their names have been tarnished as people simply recount the Salem witch trials and the book the Scarlet Letter and say "that" was the story of the pilgrims. People love to invoke their vision when it comes to the revolution - but those were two different groups of people. By the time the revolution came about the ideas and lives of the pilgrims were long gone. This country wasn't built on God, it was built by the Mason's. This government wasn't founded by God - it was founded by the Mason's.

Look, I love living in the United States - especially as a Black woman. I am not sure there is any other place on this earth I would like to live today. That doesn't mean I have to make excuses for or justify the things this country has done in the past or the things it does today. I think it would be especially dangerous for me to be patriotic at this time for one reason - some people that I love may be left behind (heck, I am a little worried at times that "I" might be left behind). If I am caught up with Yahoshua and some people that I love aren't - they may be looking to my life for a blueprint - for some clues. It will be so dangerous if I leave the impression that Patriotism is a good thing. If "I" an left behind I need to make sure I am not in a position to be manipulated by thinking Yahowah has some affinity for the USA. The fact that Revelation indicates Yahoshua is coming to Jerusalem and NOT to ANY place in the USA should be a clue that patriotism to the USA isn't in Yahowah's vision for us. Time is short and I believe that right now, today is the time to make a choice. We cannot have divided loyalty at all. There is only one mark to get - you will either side with Yahowah or side with the beast. Yahowah stands alone, period. It isn't Yahowah "and" the USA. If we all don't get REAL GOOD at spotting what is satan "appearing" as light and what is Yahoshua we are going to be in trouble.

Man, I love you - really I do. My heart is right there with you because I see you struggling with this issue. So, my last thing for you is this. Let's just say we were right for the atomic attacks on Japan. Let's just say for the sake of argument we did the right thing. Why would that make you patriotic today? Also, look at your arguments for the USA and the things it has done in the past that were good. Those are the SAME arguments that can be made for Christianity. If I point out all the good, then say is should be supported because of the good - is that leading people closer to Yahowah or away from Him? Christianity has built more hospitals, more orphanages, more water treatment facilities, more nursing homes, more food banks than any government ever - in the history of this planet. So what? It still leads away from Yahowah instead of right into His arms. In fact, it is MORE damaging - because it "appears" to be on the path to Yahowah when it leads away from Him. Millions of Christians will be permanently separated from Yahowah because they were lead AWAY from Him because of what appeared to be the light - all the "good" things Christianity was doing. The exact same thing came be said for the USA. It "looks" light, it appears to be so close to Yahowah, it even declares itself a "Christian" nation - meaning it tells the world it stands for God. Millions of people are drawn here because of the light. And that deceiving light hasn't led "to" Yahowah at all. For that alone we should hide our faces in shame. It doesn't matter how much good, how much right, how much pretty, pleasant, or beautiful - it leads away from Yahowah and that is all that matters. This country in fact was in the unique position to be a beacon of light for Yahowah while Jerusalem served its exile - and it didn't. There was nothing to stop this country from truly siding with Yahowah, but it didn't. It chose the tree of good and evil and instead of serving Yahowah (as the pilgrims tried to do) it chose to try and be "like" Him on its own. In the eyes of Yahowah - is this country good, evil, or vomit? Figure that out and then have the same opinion on the matter as Yahowah. I am honestly saying this in love brother, I truly am. This is what Yahoshua warned us about - we have to leave EVERYTHING and follow him - mother, father, and motherland as well. We have to leave it all, everything.
Offline FredSnell  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:49:46 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Sorry, Theophilus, I couldn't make my point clear enough, I guess my 'edumacation' is showing, but I think dajstill has worded alot of my viewpoints perfectly. The both of yours writing style is excellent and easy to understand and I love the exchange. I learn alot from reading you guys thoughts and appreciate it.
I have read a good number of things about our countrys history and in each reading, I find myself often wondering what the appropriate response should have been? So I'm not that far removed from your thoughts, "what should we, or what would have been a better action." But you know, when we learn that we have but six thousand years and not a day more to get things right, or wrong. Well I see it sort of like Richard does, and after reading this, article, I'll put below, and even though I have now an invalid relative under my roof to see after, and people in my family that work for me, so I must keep myself healthy for their sake, I still find myself finding new ways to remove myself from this culture.
Thank you brother for taking the time to answer us all, back.

http://www.thedailybeast...u-s-class-war.print.html

I think they are tipping us off in the paragraph just above the picture. More liberties lost.
Offline Theophilus  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:02:17 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

dajstill,

I’ll start with one of your later points to get it out of the way since I see that your comments are mostly on other issues. You ask if the US made a difficult but correct choice to use the atomic bomb to end WW-II, why would that make me a patriot today? My answer is that it does not. It makes recognize the necessity and correctness of the action, and not wrongly condemn that act when that case either cannot or has yet to be made. You’ve said Generals told the President that atomic bombs were not needed to end the war. What evidence did they or do you offer that they were not, since I provided evidence in detail above, from the only rulers in Japan to actually end the war that the atomic bombs were essential to ending the war?

If I can see a positive / patriotic side to this development, it was that it was fortunate that America, not any other world power developed such a weapon first, as I strongly suspect that no other power at that time would ultimately have been so restrained with such a power in their possession. Do you truly question whether Hitler, Stalin, or Japan with a monopoly on atomic weapons would not have used that power to force the capitulation of the World under their totalitarian rule? America use, swiftly and decisively ended the bloodiest global in history with the minimal use of that force necessary and then rapidly returned its immense military back home leaving only a tiny force behind in Germany and Japan to ensure that hostilities would not resume. I would also applaud the Marshall plan of that era for caring for the peoples of Europe devastated by war and help them to regain their means of providing for themselves. The selfish aspect for that aide was likely to keep those desperate peoples form turning to Soviet Communism, but was in balance the right thing to do.

Regarding mingling the Pilgrims and the Founding Fathers, since Encounter Him began his earlier post generically with, “We would have to assume first, that it was alright for men to come here with lead and powder,” no distinction was being made between the two. The Pilgrims were indeed men who came here with lead and powder, but see that we agree on the motivation and character of their arrival having a more worthy purpose than material conquest and plunder of others.

As for America and manifest destiny, to me that notion was much more worldly than godly, even if people then tried to suggest otherwise. Sadly the nature of this fallen world too often is the strong impose their will on the weak, out of fear that not doing so will lead to the same happening to them, include among nations. When the United States declared their independence from Britain, they were one group of transplanted Europeans among other European nations who made similar claims around the globe, to include those lands that later became American territory. Those Americans may well have felt that had the US not purchased the Louisiana territory for Napoleon and other territories from their European powers, those same powers would continue to dominate their native peoples and more significantly be in a position to threaten the liberties that the American citizens had fought hard to earn and defend from renewed tyranny (see 1175-1882, 1812-1815, etc).

While I cannot justify the gross mistreatment of the native peoples, I would guess that the American settlers recalled the terror and massacres they and their ancestors had endured in cases like the French and Indian and American Revolutionary wars. In hindsight I can see where the native peoples were stuck between two warring white factions, leaving many choose to fight for the side that less immediately threatened their interests. Sadly their violence was answered many times over by American violence in the form of retaliatory raids, etc, and they preferred to cruelly use their force to minimize the threat native peoples had once, more directly posed.

Regarding President Lincoln, I find little to quibble with on. It appears to me also that he was a flawed man of his times and not the ardent abolitionist many take him to be. That said it is not insignificant that he answered the preserved the union, brought the civil war to a successful conclusion, sought a charitable reunion with the people of the South at its’ end, and did make the immorality of slavery a prominent aspect of that conflict to include the emancipation proclamation. While you correctly point out that that last act was of only partial value it was not I think insignificant, especially when you consider that the US Constitution did not give the President the power to unilaterally abolish slavery which the Supreme Court had already found was Constitutional in the Dread Scott case, and required the ratification of the 13th and 14 amendments by the Congress and the States to actually abolish slavery. To condemn Lincoln for not unilaterally freeing all of the slaves is unsupportable based on the facts, but as Commander in Chief he could and did take the action to free those he and the Union army could within the States then in rebellion.

My point in all of this has been to recognize that which is worthy of condemnation and to do so based on the facts and the evidence, America included. To do otherwise calls into the question the balance of our abilities to render sound judgments. But where it is merited based on the evidence we should do so, and it is in these instances that have helped me to sever or at least to reduce my affection for a nation theoretically dedicated to individual, God endowed liberty, and recognize that Yah is truly apart from any temporal nations.

I hope that I can convey my deep respect and affection, such as it’s possible over this limited means of fellowship for you dajstill, Encounter Him and you all, as I’ve much enjoyed the thoughtful discussion.

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline cgb2  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:33:22 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Seems rather than history rewrote from the victors, and mostly accidental, I think it makes much more sense when you follow the money....er fiat money of those who create it out of thin air and charge interest with all the "money" as a debt owed to them. They fund both sides of conflicts and aggitate the world while ever manipulating toward global govenment. More often than not wars are justified thru lies and false-flag terror.

How did a nation suffering from 460billion% inflation (Weimar Republic), all the sudden build a huge war machine. Who funded and supported Hitler's rise to power. Who proffited off the slave labor at Auswitch and such. How does Hitler's use of false-flag terror (Reichstag Fire) relate to post 9/11 in our this nation? Is mass survellience, searches without warrants, killing of citizens by presidential decree and without due process, TSA groping our wives and children keeping us safe from the boogey man. Seems the greatest threat to mankind is organized government, which murdered +140million of their own citizens last century.

Who funded Japan's war machine, then who embargoed oil supplies provoking them. Who funded the Bolsheviks. Why was 1/2 of Europe simply handed over to the communists? Why Why...follow the money and the ambitions of megalomaniacs.

I'm excited when I read about prophecy concerning their end though!
Offline Heabob  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:29:17 PM(UTC)
Heabob

cgb2 said:

I'm excited when I read about prophecy concerning their end though!

I say: "I'm with you on that one..."

And the 4th Reich is also alive and well today.

It is hard to determine if "the end justifies the means" in wars and conflicts.

Are we justified (as a Nation) killing innocents to save innocents?
(I don't think I want that burden hanging on my neck)

On a smaller scale tho:

If you saw some big guy with a gun killing unarmed people, would you try to stop him from killing more people?

Most will just watch, some will run away, very few would intervene.

What if a Muslim was killing another Muslim?
Or if a black man was killing a black man?

Bah, don't bother, let em kill each other off, is the typical attitude.

Pilgrims came here to be free from oppression, just so they could create a government and churches so they could then become oppressed again, lol.

America is trying to free the world from oppression, maybe in fear of another Hitler type taking over country upon country again?
(at least in appearance)

I don't think we should have been involved in N.Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, or Libya either.
However WW1 and 2 were a bit of a different deal, and I think using nukes was maybe a bit too harsh, as in "inhumane".

BTW, I read somewhere, we actually got those bombs from Germany, and Hitler's scientists, plans, and all.
And the Nazi's were also experimenting with mind control using fluoride, which is banned in many countries now, except here, of course.

The lust for money, power, and control, is growing even stronger in our time now. (or maybe just easier to see nowadays)

It is because Yah is removing His Hand of protection from the USA, and the world, a little at a time.
Offline shalom82  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:16:56 PM(UTC)
shalom82

I will first off say that ample evidence has been given in the form of quotes from individuals and communications and the like as well as logic and reason to show that first America was not a nation minding its own business in isolationist bliss but was rather actively maneuvering for war with Japan. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence in light of Japanese diplomatic and military communication intercepts and facts like ships of consequence (carriers) being out of the harbor on the day of the attack to say that the administration was quite aware of the attacks. And I think it is disengenous to say that no evidence has been given to say that America's role in the war was far from just. I am not going to sit here and quote entire books or for that matter lengthy passages from the court historians of the united states government. But I would rather ask you what incentives would historians have to follow the official narrative of the state? It is the Schlessingers of the world that get the access and tenure. I would rather advise you to read books from both perspectives (left and right) that seek to refute the official State narrative....seeing that you have already read the ones that would justify it. Books like Great Wars and Great Leaders by Raico (on the Right) and The Decision to Use the Bomb by Alperovitz (on the left) do this topic and many others justice and they can be found free on the internet by just doing a google search.

This is not just some line of reasoning or viewpoint that I inherited from my parents....in fact I inherited the opposite. I have not always believed in the inate injustice of 99 percent of war and specifically issues like the bomb. Less than 2 years ago I was adamantly in favor of the war and individual decisions and actions (like dropping the bombs) and vociferously and publicly defended these actions. I cited all of the propaganda and the court historians and banteed the figures like more than a million dead American service men in a mainland invasion and saving Japan from communism or millions dead in a suicidal last stand. And I agree with the rest...love of country is such a waste of time when compared to the love of YHWH and his ways. I understand that America loving and for that matter America bashing takes our focus away from YHWH and Torah....but I will say this....I was a "warvangelical" patriotic American. I am ashamed to admit this now....but I was upset and ashamed that I couldn't be in the military during the outset of the Iraq war (due to hopelessly deformed flat feet...feet that eventually needed reconstructive surgery)....and oh yes I hated the left form of government....I hated the welfare state....but I loved loved loved the warfare state....to this day it amazes me that I could be so cyincal and skeptical about one part of government and be so invest so much trust and be so loyal to the other part. My parents comforted me by saying "don't worry there will be other wars....this is just the beginning"...please don't be too hard on my parents. I think they were just trying to console their son in a time of sorrow and I am pretty sure they knew and were relieved by the fact that I had not a snowballs chance in hell of passing military physicals....but I digress (how odd for me). Then I came accross PoD (as a way to shore up my suspicions about "those damn muslims") and then I came accross YY....and for the first time in a long time I cared enough to actually examine my beliefs rather than just have them confirmed. And all these suspicions and doubts and inconsistancies that I hadn't thought about or hadn't allowed to come to the front of my brain suddenly came to the forefront. So...what I am getting at is this....The beginning of my love for YHWH was the beginning of the end for my patriotism. It took me a long time to shed it...over years...so this is not just some judgement piece against you Theophilus...I understand it is not easy. Having said that.......

Going back further to your comments about the vast majority of military believing that the bombs were unnecessary.....and your response about what evidence did they have....I would say that if they didn't have evidence what were they doing in command? People like the admiral who was in charge of the naval blockade of Japan had direct operational knowledge and believed that the war would be over in a 2 weeks to a month.....people like LeMay (who did not shy away from bombing people into the "stone age") and was in charge of massive air operations and bombing campaigns in the war also concurred the war was going to be over in 2 weeks regardless of whether or not Japan was bombed at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Truman was quoted stating (about the Atomic bomb) that now he had a "hammer" against the soviets. (before he bombed the Japanese) I find that more than circumstantial. And as for the generals we are not just talking about brigadiers we are talking about theatre commanders like Eisenhower and MacArthur. As I have said and will reiterate....if they didn't understand the situation in Japan...then why were they in command? Contrary to what you have said before about the Eisenhower quotes about the bomb....there is no doubt that he publicly criticized the bomb which he did in his autobiography.
As for restraint....what restraint? The United States remains the only nation on the earth that has used such weapons and we can speculate about what the Russians would have done or what the Germans or the Japanese would have done or we can deal with reality that it was the United States who set the nuclear precedent in war and against civillian populations at that. Since the American acquisition of the bomb many other nations have acquired them. They have not used them....even the tyrannical regimes like Russia and China. Why didn't Russia just bomb Kabul (who would have cared...at least enough to do anything about it) or China just bomb Hanoi (we probably would have cheered)....if they are the loose cannons that you would purport them to be?

As I have written before about the targetting of civillians I would ask you again....if you were a soldier and you could save other soldiers lives (and in this specific case against an enemy that was all but defeated and on the run....an enemy that was ruined.....) by massacreing a city or even a village full of civillians....women, children, elderly, and peaceful men.....would you do it....go in and shoot and stab and burn them face to face?....to save men who were wearing a uniform that made them combatants? You have not answered. I will say that I would not. It is enough to see dead babies in black and white pictures....I have no desire to see it in living color...let alone be the one perpetrating it.

As an aside I literally have to scoff at your notion that we stopped Japanese global domination in its tracks. First off, I can't even believe that you would espouse a notion that Japan had the ability to project global power. Do you think for one second that we'd all be speaking Japanese now if we hadn't engaged in the war? Look around Japan at that time. You have the Soviet Union (which Japan was so afraid of they wouldn't even attack it at the height of its vulnerability as it was fighting a war in the west against Hitlerian Germany...much to the dismay of afore mentioned Hitlerian Germany). You have an Asia/Oceana that was dominated by the West. Burma, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, New Guineau, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Philippines, the Chinese concessions, Mongolia...all dominated or outright possessed by England, the U.S., France, the Netherlands, and Russia and you don't in the least see the quixotic notions of why we fought the war melt away...at least a little?

Japan did horrible things in asia....horrible unspeakable things....but the United States will not be put on the scale wth Japan....anymore than Yisrael/Yahuda was weighed with Assyria or Babylon. We will as a nation...we are as a nation judged by the inexorable and perfect standard of justice....that we weren't as bad as Hitler or Ahmadinajad will not be our saving grace.

I am not unsympathetic to the Chinese suffering. I have a Chinese wife....I know of the horrors from stories my Grandmother-in-law tells. But I also hear stories about communism....and I remember how we did our part to set the stage for that nightmare as well....and not just in China....but in Eastern Europe. Even if you will hold on to the notion that the United States entered the war with pure intentions.....have we not yet learned that actions no matter how well intentioned have consequences.

But I will reiterate that I do not believe the war was undertaken for humaintarian purposes. Look who we allied ourselves with, what we were willing to give to those allies, look at our tactics and look at the evidence I previously offered about our indifference and nearly tacit approval of the extermination of European Jewry.

And about the statement I made about French imperialism.....that you took issue with....I am sorry but regardless of our motives that is undisputable fact. Starting in 1950 America started giving direct aid to the French to support them in their attempted re-assertion in Vietnam. We also sent over military advisors to Vietnam starting in the early 1950s. So yes we were supporting French colonialism even as we fought to defeat Japanese colonialism. And after the french were defeated....we merely took over their place propping up and deposing Vietnamese puppets at will.and occupying (call it what you will) land that wasn't ours.

When we try to export our goodness through the bayonet and the bomb we fail immediately before we even do the act because we destroy our goodness. It was so important to go to war in Vietnam to save the Vietnamese from communism but what we did was radicalize the North (in what they saw as yet another form of western colonialist aggression...which turned them to embrace what usually would be age old enemies such as the Chinese....the Ho regime, approached us several times immediately following the WW2 and before we put a stamp of approval on French domination of indochina. Perhaps if we had approached them in the spirit of diplomacy and approachment 60 years ago we could have saved millions of people from the misery that was perpetrated in the decades to follow. Maybe not....but we will never know because we chose war.)and probably prolongued the suffering and the duration of that suffering for all involved.

McDonalds has done more to foster peace, freedom and understanding between the United States and Vietnam that Boeing or Browning ever have. It is harder to hate a people when you taste a delicious hamburger as your child plays with a happy meal toy than it is when you daughter is a camp whore, your son has had his skin melted off by napalm and your mother has died of sorrow by being moved into a refugee camp displaced from her home and all that is familiar in her life. And diplomacy of the bomb is the option of first resort for the United states anymore. And yes....I see it with Iran once again...this incessant drum beat to war. If we go to war with Iran...everybody will have blame....there will be no innocent parties. I am not so naive to think Iran is a saintly nation.....but we will not be blameless. What I see on a daily basis in this country can only be described as warmongering.....piss and vinegar...lock stock and barrel. I don't see a government afraid of war....I see a government all but embracing war....and I am terrified....because I think...perhaps our number is up....perhaps Iran will be the instrument of this haughty bloodthirsty fool's chastisement.

So I ask you what do we have to be patriotic for? You yourself acknowledge that we have done terrible things....but yes we have done some good things....wonderful things too. Yeah....so? You look at the Tanakh and it is a read that Abe Foxman at the ADL would just about declare today to be downright anti-semitic!!!! Do you think that Yisrael did everything bad? That they had no redeeming qualities or that they didn't do anything positive in the world? And frankly, YHWH wasn't interested.

Do you think that we are really so different from the Assyrians or the Babylonian/Persians or the Romans all mentioned with such hatred in the Tanakh? All the historians will tell you these nations did much for civilization....they had gardens and music and art....they forwarded science and technology and were actually quite tolerant and free (at certain points) Well, that is not how YHWH saw things.. And then look at how they were described in the scriptures. And I have mentioned the Assyrians....do you think that they openly just admitted to themselves....oh yeah baby...we are a terrorist nation and that's the way we like it!!!!!" But rather I am sure they couched their rhetoric the same way we do now....that it is an national security emergency....that its either them or us.....that the reason we are fighting over there is so that we aren't fighting here.....and the soldiers....they weren't just mercenaries of the state making a good living off of killing and destroying....no...they were the selfless young men serving the collective whole as represented by the rulers and the state apparatus...downright worthy or near worship.. And when there was some peaceful Assyrian that saw the folly and ultimate destiny of destruction that awaited the nation and spoke out I am sure the populace booed him or beheaded him with the best of intentions and with the utmost sincerity. There is no doubt that religion even if it is false does bring about sincerity even if it is the brainless unexamined sincerity of a parrot. And that is what patriotism has bred today in America. We have the "warvangical" party. A party that has perfectly fused the state and religion. So WWJD? Probably bomb someone. YHWH and by extension Yahoshua suffered from no such illusions about power and the motives of power and that it corrupted not only those who held it but those who were its victims. and that can plainly be seen from history. Patriotism isn't an earnest honest love....it is infatuation and chauvinism.....and to some degree we have become the nation that we thought we were fighting when we fought Japan or Germany. We would have a very large cross section of this nation today that if Yahoshua came back not as the Lion of the Tribe of Yahuda...but as the rabbi circa J'lem 33 c.e. and said "blessed are the peacemakers..." They would boo him and say "get off the stage hippy....your cuttin into Lee Greenwood's time!!!!"

And I will say this about Abraham Lincoln.....if you have no right to dissolve the bonds of a political union....then ultimately you have no rights at all.....and I think to myself as I write this "To your Tents O Israel!!!!". You should rather ask if the northern states were so incensed about slavery....why did they not secede from the South? As was proposed in Hartford in 1814....the answer is because it was not about slavery or any sense of justice.....it was about preserving power....and the power to exploit specifically.

Let's take the logic to an example that I admit is absurd but I think demonstrates a point. Lets say that You live in a nation that demands a tax of 1 percent of the children from in the entire nation be handed over to the state. They then take those children and ground them up into hamburger for the military. They also demand that every girl who has escaped such a fate at the age of 15 in the entire nation shall be subject to 4 years of military prostitution to be decided upon by regional military councils. Also any boy who has escaped the fate of hamburger will be conscripted into the military at the age of 12. If he is deemed unfit for military service...even if the 1 percent quota has been met he shall be shipped off to the goverment meat grinding factories to become a patty for his former playmates. These boys who do make military service shall know nothing but war for at least 30 years...if they live that long because the nation being an unproductive collectivist wealth destroying leviathan must constantly engage in warfare to keep it afloat. If there were people in that state who saw the evil and the folly of such practices and decided not on revolution but rather secession in order to preserve their children and themselves would you blame them and credit the "Union's" leaders for saying the afore mentioned union? The point is what is so sacred about the union? The south did not secede to overthrow the north, the south did not wish to conquer the north or occupy the north or enslave the northerners and carry them off to plantations. The south simply wanted to be left alone....free from the tyranny of Northern mercantilism. Lincoln admitted the real reason for invasion when he proclaimed in his first innagural that his duty was to "to collect the duties and imposts,"

There was no reason that secession had to mean war....that more than 600,000 men had to die and over a million had to be maimed and over 50,000 civillians had to die. Secession did not have to mean that h. Corpus would be suspended, and that we would see the arrest of a Chief justice for opposition to such a measure and that civillian courts would be suspended in favor of the holy vehm of military tribunals and 14,000 "copperheads would be arrested and imprisoned for opposing the war with the closure of more than 300 publications opposed to the northern crusade to impose the same mercantilism that we broke away from England for. And then you look at all this....and we see it repeated again with fascists like Wilson in world war 1 and yet we still worship Lincoln in his temple at D.C......the father of tyrany in this nation. But hey...I suppose old Abe had a tough job ahead of him to preserve the union....."Yes, my father laid heavy burdens on you, but I'm going to make them even heavier! My father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions!"

Let's say for one second that there was no issue of economic tyranny....what if the majority of southerner saw it in their best interest to secede...out of a common heritage or cultural affinity or to espouse a more agreeable form of government....much like a large segment of the quebec population does today....Should Canada go to war with Quebec if the separatists win the day at some future time? The south would have seceded, in all likelihood slavery would have ended before the dawning of the 20th century PEACEFULLY....just like it had in the rest of the western world and there would be four (or possibly more) nations on the North American continent all trading with each other and having cultural exchanges. Life would have gone on. The successful outcome of northern aggression ultimately means that you and I have no rights that are not granted to us by the State....whether or not that is what is admitted. And the state has acted as such since that time. I am no worshipper of the constitution....but a government that actually followed the constitution would be a much more tolerable government than the monstrosity we have now.

Slavery is wrong....I am not going to go down the twisting road of scritpual slavery as outlined in the Torah now because this discussion is an old one and I firmly believe that the attitudes expressed and the manners in which slavery was to be practiced in the Torah made it a forgone conclussion that slavery would be rejected and abolished. I see no hypocrisy in the 18th and 19th century abolitionist movement that took their inspiration from the scriptures. I can reconcile myself to slave revolt and self-emancipation with help from sympathetic private parties like that of John Brown without justifying a ruinous and murderous war....which is just how H.D. Thoreau saw things. The north could have let the south secede and not interferred with private northern citizens giving aid to slave revolt (with the understanding that these citizens would be subject to southern law in southern land), and they could have welcomed with open arms any slave that escaped from southern slavery with automatic emancipation and citizenship.....but to show that the war was not about slavery....in fact the federal government enforced such laws as the fugitive slave act. Slavery was the facade which government has now used for 150 years to make us happy that we are ourselves enslaved to such a state. Slavery gave creditablity to a war that otherwise would have done down as one of the most obsene injustices ever witnessed in our history.

The fact of the matter is that the war was fought to save the union. It was not fought to free the slaves. The war was not fought to preserve slavery in the south. It was a war of aggression by the northern industrial complex to keep a captive population in the south that was ALREADY burderned by paying 80 percent of the tariffs imposed in the country. The tariff rates were scheduled to be TRIPLED under the Lincoln administration!!! (the list of items that could be taxed was also greatly expanded) The war was fought by mountain boys in Tennessee and smallholding farmers from Georgia and laborers in North Carolina not to preserve the institution of slavery but for literally the shirts on their backs...shovels and nails and coffee. Less than 25% of white southerners held slaves. There were a lot of southern men that died for the confederacy as slaveless men. They fought to ward off Northern corporatism that was strangling their economic welfare. If you believe that Americans were justified in fighting the revolution then you just about ought to get out of your seat and applaud Southern Secession. Abraham Lincoln was the picked man of the pro-tariff industrialists and it was his duty to keep the south subject to the tariff system by keeping them in the union. The man ruled like a dictator and the defeat of the South rather than things such as the 1913 resurrection of the national bank or the administration of FDR is what really marked the beginning of the end of freedom in this nation. Henry C. Carey (Lincoln's economic advisor) wrote, -"Nothing less than a dictator is required for making a really good tariff"....and that is what Lincoln was. His unwavering ambition, repressive actions and cynical political maneuvering have all been covered up by a loveable goofy looking raconteur giant....a caricature easily accepted by all...and that is just one glaring example of the power of state propaganda and the willing court historians corruption of the facts.

So...yes...love your nation. Love the land, love the people, love the common bonds and the ties that bind. Love the traditions and the character of this nation. But love it as a prophet. Love it with the understanding that we have a date with judgement. Compassion ultimately must be grounded in truth. Do not love the government....do not love those who would be your masters or would serve those would be masters. They move only as slowly as they think they must. If they thought they could dominate you completely in a day and make you a serf.....thanking them for stamping on your face every day of your life...they would do it.

The power elite want you to be patriotic....that should tell you something. It doesn't matter if it is because we are a "great society" that takes care of the weak, the meek, and the unable or if it is because we are a great military power that "shocks and awes" the world with our might. They want you to be patriotic. They want you to love them and justify their actions and accept their stated intentions and their narrative. They seek to corrupt you from the time you are born. They want you to worship the state....it doesn't matter if you worship jeezus christ as a warvangelical republican or if you worship Woodrow Delano Johnson as a sosec humanist democrat...either will do. As long as your are corrupted you will not only accept being ruled....you will be thankful you aren't Chinese or North Korean or Iranian...no matter how bad your lot has gotten....and you will focus on the faults of others and ignore the plank in your own eye and slip into the oblivion of serfdom with a smile and a thank you on your lips.

"The truth is that the state is a conspiracy designed not only to exploit but above all to corrupt its citizens...Henceforth, I shall never serve any government anywhere" - Leo Tolstoy

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Daniel  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:18:05 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Great essay, S82.

As a wounded, decorated combat veteran I agree with the points you are making in this document.

In my opinion, the last legitimate war the US&A was fought was in 1812.

(I thought the "British Invasion" of the 1960's was a resumption of hostilities, but, alas, it was merely some mistrials from the old country...)

Ron Paul 2012!!!

Ron Paul: Pro-Life, Pro-Israel & Anti-War.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Theophilus  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:06:22 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

-I wish to sincerely thank each of you for your thoughtful responses and especially S82. Before making a detailed rely, I would like to take some time to read and consider your comments, and am thankful that someone has now at least pointed me toward possibly relevant evidence to consider regarding the thrust of my question regarding the end of WW-2. That said, I'll briefly make a few comments in reply that occur to me.

-S82, I believe that I already commented that Imperial Japan was not then in an immanent position to conquer North America on its own in the early 1940s, since the bulk of their army was bogged down China and the Pacific, but I could have been unclear. The greater danger toward Axis domination of the globe came in conjunction with the European Axis powers, particularly if they were successful in knocking Britain and or the Soviet Union out of the war. If you truly believe the Axis were doomed to defeat absent American support and ultimately intervention on the Allied side, I suggest considering Richard Overy's analysis in "Why the Allies Won."

-If on the other hand, you can make a rational case that Axis were doomed with the USA peacefully absorbing Imperial Japan's attacks on Hawaii, Wake and Midway along with the conquests of the Philippines, Guam, the Aleutians, while severing Australia and New Zealand's life line, while Nazi Germany's u-boats were sinking American shipping off of our coast and threatening England's life line, I'm certainly interested.

-By examining the ideologies behind Soviet Communism, Nazism and Imperial Japan, yes, I can safely conclude that like Islam, global domination was/is a goal that each shares that would not refrain from the use of nuclear weapons, especially if they had a monopoly and the relative military and industrial power the US had attained by 1945. The reason no other atomic weapons have been used appears to be US restraint when America did possess that unique position of power to have swiftly defeat any opponent, and by the dangers of MAD once the monopoly ended.

-So the US and UN were wrong to not ignore Communist North Korea's invasion of South Korea, but why? I suspect Truman's Containment policy was the basic rational / justification behind US participation in resisting Communist expansion in both South Korea and South Vietnam.

-Yes the US preferred the French and the non-Communist South Vietnamese government to invading the Communists and thought it worthwhile to offer some support to the French to that end. After the French were defeated and pulled out of South Vietnam, I'm not seeing the case for the US military presence having the goal of returning that nation to French control, or adding it as n American State, but rather preserve it as its' own state.

-FWIW, I don't see much to disagree with you on Lincoln, except to note that the South opted to first make their session violent by firing on the US facility in Fort Sumpter. I find the case Lincoln's Constitutional case to preserve the Union against the will of the peoples of the States that opted to leave to be weak, and used the slavery issue to keep outside powers form intervening in the conflict. While it seems we applaud the end result of abolishing slavery, the expansion of national power at the expense of state and local representative government has indeed lead to a reduction of individual liberty.

-This last issue, preservation of liberty would indeed have at least in part have placed the ideals expressed for the reason for severing form British rule in common with the Confederates. Unfortunately the Confederates were guilty of ignoring the Declaration’s other ideal that it being the self-evident truth that all men (and women) are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights to include life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

-Were the Pilgrims not doomed to religions traps by trusting their translated "Holy Bible" regardless of their intentions?

-Daniel, since you mention you’re a wounded veteran, are you open to discussing how that came to be? Also Daniel why was the war of 1812-15 justified? Did that war not also involve the US using force for the “greater good”?

FWIW, I expressed to Yada, that he helped me to see that in my participation in Desert Storm, may have freed the Kuwaitis and their neighbors from the terrors of Saddam’s occupation, for which they openly expressed their gratitude, since they were trapped in the politi-religion of Islam, they were not made free in an ultimate sense.
At present I find the other “victory” I participated in, and original reason for my volunteering to serve, to have been more meaningful, which was the defense of western Europe by deterring Warsaw Pact expansion into that region, until Soviet Communism peacefully collapsed. I suspect to many that was wrong too, as you may view living in our system no better than living under Soviet Communism. For my part I remain pleased to have witnessed the Berlin Wall come peacefully down and increased individual liberties restored to peoples long denied these.

We’ve covered much ground that is far removed the central question I asked, and do sincelrely hope that the evidence I presented was wrong and that Truman acted despite having clear knowledge that short of atomic weapons Imperial Japan’s rulers in a position to have actually ended the war were truly trying to unconditionally surrender. So far I’ve not encounter this evidence, but will continue reading in hopes that there is more than the opinions of American Generals to support this notion.

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline FredSnell  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:03:26 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

After doing some reading, I happened upon this petition, that I think made good sense back then. Just maybe if Imperial Japan had gotten to witness the power of this weapon, that once they had seen how destructive it was and is, they may have ran the white flap up the pole without us ever feeling a need to show it up close.
There's alot to read there, but who actually knows what's going through a leaders mind when making such decisions? I know I've heard horror stories of Japanese soilders cutting arm and legs from american soilders, and piling it all upon the torso in a pyramid form with the head resting on all the body parts and when found by american soilders, either on patrol, or rescue missions, sometimes days and even weeks later, well you can see the image this may have struck in peoples minds. I was born in 1956 well after the war, and still remember when we played army as kids, you didn't want to be the, "slant eye or jerry."

http://www.dannen.com/decision/oakridge2.html

http://www.dannen.com/decision/index.html
Offline Daniel  
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:11:07 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Theophilus wrote:
-Daniel, since you mention you’re a wounded veteran, are you open to discussing how that came to be?

USMC: Grenada 1983 (Coming up on THIRTY years ago! That hurts more than the AK-47 projectile received as a 'parting gift' from the Cuban 'construction workers'!)

Theophilus wrote:
Also Daniel why was the war of 1812-15 justified? Did that war not also involve the US using force for the “greater good”?

They (Britain) wuz invading Us (US).

The doctrine of (narrowly defined) self-defense comes straight from Torah.

RON PAUL 2012!!!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline Daniel  
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:16:40 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Theophilus wrote:
We’ve covered much ground that is far removed the central question I asked, and do sincelrely hope that the evidence I presented was wrong and that Truman acted despite having clear knowledge that short of atomic weapons Imperial Japan’s rulers in a position to have actually ended the war were truly trying to unconditionally surrender. So far I’ve not encounter this evidence, but will continue reading in hopes that there is more than the opinions of American Generals to support this notion.

Hirohito's nephew was trying to sell the royal family on a conditional surrender in early 1945.

They were not too keen on the idea, and of course, Tojo would hear none of it.
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline Theophilus  
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:23:34 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Quote:
USMC: Grenada 1983 (Coming up on THIRTY years ago! That hurts more than the AK-47 projectile received as a 'parting gift' from the Cuban 'construction workers'!)

Daniel, I hope that means that you made a full recovery. Thankfully while a high intensity kinetic action (are we still allowed to call them battles?), my Apache squadron made it through Desert Storm without a casualty. That said being under fire was not enjoyable. FWIW, I was shocked last year to realize that it had been 20 years ago.
Quote:
They (Britain) wuz invading Us (US).

The doctrine of (narrowly defined) self-defense comes straight from Torah.

Agreed. So there is a forceful response permitted when attacked. It seems to me all of the Axis powers choose to initiate war on America in their bid for global conquest, which begs the question what America's appropriate response was?

It seems to me America choose to rapidly subdue, and then aid and redeem those states as friends under new and elected representative gov’t, not inclined towards global conquest wasn't inappropriate.

Quote:
Hirohito's nephew was trying to sell the royal family on a conditional surrender in early 1945.

They were not too keen on the idea, and of course, Tojo would hear none of it.

Unfortunately true, plus a conditional surrender that retained Japan’s rulers and Bushido politi-religion to try world war yet again, just as soon as they amassed the means to try again as the Germans had so painfully just demonstrated was a non-starter for the Allies.

Rupaul 2012! 

Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline cgb2  
#34 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:14:00 AM(UTC)
cgb2

A funny animation going thru the logical falicy of faith in government:
http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded
Offline Richard  
#35 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:00:29 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

cgb2 wrote:
A funny animation going thru the logical falicy of faith in government:
http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded

That animation is really funny, Chuck. It's thought-provoking in a clever, amusing way. Thanks for sharing the link, brother!
Offline FredSnell  
#36 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:21:36 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

When our eyes have opened is it that hard to know the "real' truth? I say not!

http://www.youtube.com/w..._7H8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/w...index=1&feature=plcp

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness....
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
And prudent in their own sight!" Isaiah 5:20-21

How much of Muhammad's life are we to ignore, in the desire not to offend Muslims?
Did the Vatican create Islam? (full version)

http://www.youtube.com/w...M1hw&feature=related

Edited by user Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:21:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mtommy  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:24:54 PM(UTC)
mtommy

A lot of nationals and citizens seem to have a great tendency to think of patriotism as something that would save them in times of dire challenge.

The problem with people though is that they lose some level of sight of the reality and what is true when the task is then presented to them.

In this age, it is not about patriotism that should work as that would mean that you are to stand up for your land against whatever adversity that comes its way.
Offline cgb2  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:30:53 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Offline FredSnell  
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:43:34 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

^
Eddie Murphy better turn around..."not coming to america"