logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PatrickM  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:57:44 AM(UTC)
PatrickM

Hello Again All,

I'm not sure really where to begin, so if this doesn't make a lot of sense,
I guess it's because I'm still sorting things out.

I first went to church around the age of 15 or 16. My sisters had become
Christians, and they tried to convert and convince the whole family that,
that's where we all needed to be.

I was in and out of church for the next 20 years or so. In and out of sin,
living life, trying to find my dreams and being pulled in the Spirit the
whole time.

I can remember in my early 20's, I had been going to a Pentecostal
church not to far from my house for awhile, and for whatever reason,
one not while laying in bed, I decided to open my Bible and sit and read
for myself. It only took a few short minutes to realize that we (Christians)
were being lied to about everything!

I didn't see it all in that moment, but I spent the next couple of years reading,
studying everything I could find, and eventually giving up on the whole "church"
thing because I seen it as a big lie and money making scam. Everything they
(the Christian church) said had nothing to do with God and His Word, I could
see that much, and frankly, I was hurt and angry.

I went on with life and at this point, there is really no need to explain what I
was doing, it was simply a life of sin. During it all, I could always feel God calling
me to Him. Every once in awhile, I would pick up the Bible and study, and every
time I would see more and more truth.

I can remember talking with people who would tell me I needed to be ready
for the rapture, and I would try to explain to them that, that was a lie from
their church fathers and pastors. People saying that we were not to live by
the Law any more or we would burn in hell, and I would simply laugh. They
had no clue, but who was I really but another sinner myself?

So, through it all, I was learning yet still in sin. Can that actually happen? I
don't know, but that's how it's happened for me. I've been through about all
that someone can go through and do, jails, drug addictions, sexual desires,
in many different death metal bands, you name it, I've done it. Please
understand, I'm not trying to glorify any of it, sin is sin, but I need you to
hopefully fully understand what's going on in, and with me, and my thoughts
and feelings.

So, 11 years ago I got married. I met this woman over the Internet (of all
places), and she was a very "Christian" woman. In fact, to put this in simple
terms, she is the woman I had been praying for, for many years. I had just
gotten cleaned up from addictions and was changing my life and searching for
my Creator in a way I never had before. So my wife has been very supportive
of me and my search, although she thinks I make things to hard. But I simply
want the unadulterated truth, I want God, I want my Father, and I want His love!

About 5 years ago, I really got into study and research. Purchased a Strongs
and was going through the KJ Bible using the Strongs seeking truth. What I have
found has simply blown my mind, that we (people seeking God in general) have
not only been lied to, but we actually love the crap that gets shoved down our
throats. Reminds me of Jeremiah 5:31!

OK, so here's the thing...

I've been through all of the above and more, and yes, I admit that I have done
it all by myself and to myself, and there is no one to blame but myself. As of late,
I can no longer fight and deny that there is no such thing as an Old Testament and
New Testament (more man made crap), but only The Testament of God. Period.

I can no longer deny that the Law was NEVER done away with!
There is no rapture!
There is no holy trinity!

Should I go on?... I think you get my point here.

I have come to realize all of these things, and as such, either I am totally lost
(as most think) or for whatever reason, Gods Spirit is leading me to find these
truths.

BUT, I am struggling every day with past sins! It's driving me crazy!

What do I mean?... Well, I cannot forget many things I have done, and I wonder
why God would lead me to these truths when I have been so far from Him and sinned
against Him and His Holy Laws. I deserve to die, and I know it! I have no right to
His Kingdom for any reason!

Why then does He persist in driving me (if it even is Him driving my desire), my inner
man to incessantly desire to learn what's true!?

And I used to think that I feared God! But in the last couple of weeks, I am truly
fearing Him. And I don't mean like I want to run away or something, heck, where
would you run anyway!? No, I mean like understanding the total finality of who
He is! Just saying or hearing His name makes me want to weep and fall on my face!
My God in Heaven have mercy on me! On all of us!

I also feel like I'm being attacked around the clock most of the time. I mean there
is sin everywhere in everything, you can't even open your eyes, this crap is everywhere!
And the racing thoughts in my head of things I've done and how I will never enter His
Kingdom!

It's maddening! I'm weeping as I type this it's so real and true.

And the opposition is getting increasingly great!

I can't help it, but I hate Christmas and all of these pagan holidays we've been
brainwashed into. But my wife and her family just cannot let go of these things. It's
becoming a heavy stone to carry around.

I want so badly that she and my kids would start following Gods Laws, but we're starting
to butt heads. Well, the kids love Christmas! Yea so, God has tons of greater things we
can take part in! Maybe His holidays? His Feasts?

But I've come to the point and have decided no matter if I enter His Kingdom or not,
I will do my best to learn what He wants from His people and follow it. His Commands
are Just and True and He is Holy!

I'm sorry for carrying on, but I have no one to talk to. All of my family have nothing
to do with God or anything Spiritual, and most of my family on my wifes side are all
Christians. It can be a very heavy thing to start getting into things with them. I'm not
into arguing or hurting someones feelings. Maybe that's wrong, I don't know.

There is so much to learn and do, but is there any time left? What about all of His
holidays? I don't know, I feel all alone here. Where are all of His people!!!??? Why
are we all so far apart?

I know that God chastens those He loves, so some times I feel like this is all
happening because He wants me to keep seeking and working at it, and other times
it's like Satan is speaking in my ear saying (dude, you remember all of that stuff
you did, man you ain't going nowhere, God doesn't even hear you!).

Can anyone relate to any of this?
Am I the only one who feels this way?

I don't know. Any input would be welcomed. I need to hear from others who feel
similar. Like God is revealing things to us that no one else is seeing.

Am I losing it?

Why in the World would He reveal these things to me? I'm an awful person, there's
no way He would want me. I think it's pure and simple conviction of my sins, what I've done.
No way to hide and deny it any more.

Any input/help/insight/friendship is welcome. Thanks for letting me vent.

Patrick

P.S. Hope this is in the right forum section.
Offline In His Name  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:28:18 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Patrick wrote:
Why in the World would He reveal these things to me? I'm an awful person, there's
no way He would want me. I think it's pure and simple conviction of my sins, what I've done.
No way to hide and deny it any more.

Patrick we are all in the boat with you. We are all sinners. We are not called to be perfect. For proof look at David, abundantly sinful and yet one of Yahowah’s favorites. Yahowah will forgive you, but you must also forgive yourself.
I don’t know if the passage below will speak to you but I had just read it this morning and it seemed to fit.

Yada. Introduction To God wrote:

You will notice, that in this next passage, Yahowah’s instruction is to be especially concerned about our “nepesh – soul,” not our body or spirit. As we shall discover, our soul is all that matters to Yahowah, and therefore should be all that matters to us. There will be no bodies in heaven, as they would be a horrible liability. Further, while there are many spirits, human’s only become spiritual beings after they choose to be born anew spiritually from either above or below. And even then, those spirits are not our spirit, but either God’s or one of Satan’s that is now associating with us. Providing a glimpse into this realm, we find:

“Only (raq – exclusively without exception) be observant (shamar – pay attention, closely examine and carefully consider everything) as your goal (la). And pay very close attention to (ma’od shamar – very carefully consider and be especially aware of) your soul (nepesh – your individual consciousness, nature, and being) lest (pen) you forget (sakah – you overlook, ignore, or are no longer mindful, and cease to care about) the words (dabarym – written statements and testimony) which (‘asher) you have seen (ra’ah) with your eyes (‘ayn). And lest (wa pen) they are removed (suwr) from (min) your heart (leb). All of (kol) the days (yowmym) of your life (chay), you shall make them known (yada’ – you shall acknowledge, respect, and reveal them) to (la) your children (beny) and to (wa la) your children’s children (ben beny).” (Dabarym / Words / Deuteronomy 4:9)

Just as the single most important thing our Heavenly Father could do for us was to reveal His Towrah, the most important thing we can do for our children is to share it with them. I am sure you noticed, but it bears repeating, we are to have a singular goal:

“shamar – be observant, pay attention, closely examine, carefully consider, and thoughtfully evaluate everything.”

If we are diligent in this way, and scrutinize the Torah, we will find God. And if we follow this advice, no one will ever be able to lead us away from Him. Since this is one of the places where “keeping” becomes an irrational rendering of shamar, let’s delve into the etymology of the word. I want to so this now, and again later, because shamar is so routinely presented “keep” in bible translations, that the vast preponderance of people see it as “religiously complying with” a list of laws. That is how most people react when someone says that they are “Torah observant.” And yet, shamar only means “keep” in the sense of “keeping alert with your eyes open, carefully keeping something in front of you, keeping it within the field of your vision, and keeping your focus upon it.” Examining Hebrew lexicons for words which share the same sh-m root, we discover that every word related to shamar speaks of “observing, of watching, of being a watchman, of keeping one’s eyelids open so as to be vigilant, and of being on one’s guard, acting as a guardian to protect oneself and one’s loved ones.” Watchman and guards who have their eyes closed, who are not observant, are useless. But there is more, also sharing the sh-m root of shamar, similar words convey the ideas of “receiving and processing information which is being communicated to us.” These terms suggest that while “the resource may be challenging to understand, it is nonetheless being made known to those who are observant.” These sh-m based words speak of “a message, of news, of information which is being proclaimed,” and of the “fame, renown, honor and reputation of its source.” They focus upon “receiving and understanding that which has been communicated, either verbally or in writing.”

The bottom line of all of this, of the whole of the Towrah, is that Yahowah wants us to learn about Him, because He knows that when we come to know Him as He really is, we will “yare’ – respect and revere” Him. Doing this, and encouraging our children to do the same, is the purpose behind the days we spend in this material realm we call the earth.

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline FredSnell  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:52:41 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well Patrick, I guess you are finding out there are lies, and then, there are whoppers. Religious and political schemes contrived by man are what lead us away from Yah. You sound like I did not much over a year ago. I couldn't help but cry when I realized just how far I had strayed from my Father. I was use to enjoying this life through indulgence also. I never knew when to stop, even if my wife was threatening me back then. It's called being addicted to the easy life and not ever considering His desire for me to walk away from the trappings all men encounter. Some men may seem strong in His teachings to you by reporting to their local church 2 or 3 times a week and trust me on this, alot of it is for show, and then alot of them have concerns to be saved by a man that they have made into a, "god." I find it usefull for me to expose their errant upbringing. I do it out of love for my Father. Does it get me into arguements with people? Most of them would say, "yes." To me it's not argueing though, I't's more a desire for me to help others with what I have found, and in that I condemn most of what they were raised into believing, much like myself at one time.
My stated goal is to walk towards perfection, Patrick, and I'm far from that, but in that walk you too will eventually encounter, YHWH. In my own journey, I feel He and I are building a relationship that no man can tear apart. I so dearly cherish Him now that He's in my thoughts in everything I do. Can I do everything right, no! Will I try my best for Him, yes! Will he correct me like a loving Father does when a child strays too far, I know He will and that's howcome I trust Him. I want my Father to rely on me, like I do Him.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 4:26:42 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Don't let the guilt eat away at you. There are two crucial things I see happening right away by reading your post.
1. you realize that you need Yah and that no matter what you do, you can't make up for the sins.. that's awesome because Yah does all the work when it comes to our spiritual Mom covering us in the garment of light so that Yah doesn't see any of our sins. What is needed on our part is engaging.. taking the time to get to know Yah and walking away from man-made traditions like religion and politics.
2. you are completely open to the truth. without that, people have no chance because they are stuck in their ways, in traditions and in thinking that man's ways are better than Yah's ways.
Remember, this is a process that takes years.. walking out of Babylon is tough. If you feel like you need to learn a lot more before you share with others, then by all means you should do that. After all, you can't accurately share what you know until you have a good understanding of it.
As for the wife and kids.. my wife took years to come around, I just waited patiently and let her know how I felt without pushing too hard. At first she would still put up a tree and stuff, and then on Yah's feasts, I would read to her & the kids from YY (sometimes just the Scripture parts) and over time she came around. These days, we do gifts on Tabernacles, and that was a nice transition for her -- essentially, we went from giving gifts on xmas, celebrating a pagan festival that we thought was all about God.. to giving gifts on Tabernacles as a celebration of who Yah is and what He has done and the fact that we're gonna 'camp out' with Him forever. I could never go back and I don't miss it one bit.. but I also no longer feel guilty about my past because my focus is on Yah and His Towrah & I'm trusting in Him.
You're on the path that extremely few find.. It might seem like your all alone cuz you don't interact with other people who feel the same way (in person), but there are others of us out there and remember that Yah wants quality, not quantity. The Truth is setting you free and that's totally awesome :)
Offline tagim  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 4:48:40 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Patrick, my welcome to you, also. I must say, like all of us, you are indeed fortunate you appeared on this site. It is truly like none other. As you surely have realized from the responses you have received, the people here are genuine in their concern for whatever problems noted. You may trust the friendship offered and we hope you take advantage of it. Stay active, reach out. There are many arms here to help support you. Your contributions in return will help others.
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:22:24 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Yah Tselem wrote:

1. you realize that you need Yah and that no matter what you do, you can't make up for the sins.. that's awesome because Yah does all the work when it comes to our spiritual Mom covering us in the garment of light so that Yah doesn't see any of our sins. What is needed on our part is engaging.. taking the time to get to know Yah and walking away from man-made traditions like religion and politics.
2. you are completely open to the truth. without that, people have no chance because they are stuck in their ways, in traditions and in thinking that man's ways are better than Yah's ways.

I think YT got it perfect with these two statements. No matter what you did in your past, it will not be remembered by Yah, that is how He is able to love us the way He does.

As for your wife, my best suggestion is to be patient. My wife came from an extremely religious home and it took her awhile to realize it was wrong, and to come out of it, but she did. This will be the first year for her to not do anything for christmas, she has known it is wrong, but tradition is hard to break, but like you and I now she can't help but see all the pagan crap and it disgusts her. So hang in there, there is always hope.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline PatrickM  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:51:30 PM(UTC)
PatrickM

Thank you all so much for your responses. It has helped
immensely.

Yes, I am learning many, many things about Yah that are
never talked about elsewhere, and are in fact, what is pulling
me out of this depression of past sins. I never really made the
connection with Yah being our "Father" until most recently. Yes,
people talk about it, but they never really get into the real
meat of it.

Maybe this is a wrong analogy, but just as my physical dad has
never disowned me for things that I've done, he may not have
been happy and didn't like what I had done, but he was always
there, pushing me to get cleaned up, pushing me to think
differently, and always loving me. We actually have a very good
father/son relationship today.

When I start looking at Yah in this way, it brings tears to my eyes.
To think that the Creator of not only me and you, but He who created
the Sun, Moon, stars, planets, and the Galaxies could actually look
at me and love me even more than my Earthly father... well it's
very moving and awe inspiring. You mean I can actually cry out to
Him "Daddy, Daddy, help me!"?

OK, so I'm a grown man of 46 years young, and men are not suppose
to cry and all that, but I can't help it! My Creator wants to actually
have a Father/Son relationship with me? That just amazes me! And
it's awesome!

Now, I do have some questions for you all, but I will have to post a
little later as my 2 boys are wanting me to play right now, and I can't
miss this opportunity.

But thank you all so much, it means everything to me to talk to and
hear from others who're seeking the truth!

Patrick
Offline PatrickM  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 11:33:33 AM(UTC)
PatrickM

Hi All,

OK, here are some questions...

I'm finding all kinds of names, most of which I have
no idea how to pronounce.

Am I to understand that we're using names such as:

Yahweh, Yahuweh as Gods name(s)? I've seen others as well,
but can't remember them at this point.

Also, Yahshua, Yahushua, Yasha'yah and others as the
Messiahs name(s)?

I must admit, I am finding it very confusing at this point,
as I am finding many different renderings in the same
document(s) on this and other websites. After a couple of
paragraphs, I start getting confused as to who we're
referring to. For example, in one paragraph, I will read
something using Yahweh, and in the next I'll read something
using Yahuweh, why is this? Why not just use one or the
other?

Same goes for our Messiahs name. I was just getting used to
seeing Yahshua and Yahushua in the same document, but a bit
ago, I stumbled onto Yasha'yah, and had to do a search just
to find out that, that is supposedly the Messiahs name. What
gives?

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to figure out
why this is happening.

I had researched the Messiahs name a long time ago on my own
via using my Strongs, and came to the conclusion it should
have been Yeshua.

I understand that Hebrew is a unique language, and there can
be different words used for the same thing to get a better
message/understanding across. Is this what's going on here?

Another thing I'm finding confusing are the names being used
for the Apostles. In some cases, the KJV is also used with it,
which is nice so I have a reference point, but in other cases
it's not, which can be very confusing.

Is there a Bible or book I need to buy that will have these
different Hebrew names and words in it so I can start relearning
all of these things?

Oh yeah, one last thing... Does the Septuagint use the original
Hebrew names? If not, where are we getting these Hebrew names
from?

Thanks for the insights, I really appreciate it.

Patrick
Offline Yah Tselem  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 12:40:39 PM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

God's name is Yahowah. Yasha'Yah means 'salvation is from Yah' and you're used to seeing that as Isaiah. The Ma’aseyah's name is Yahowsha’ and it means 'Yahowah saves'. We get the pronunciations by looking at how the letters are pronounced in other common Hebrew words. You will see Yahowah written as Yahweh or Yahuweh in Yada Yahweh because it needs to be updated now that we know how to pronounce it.. and also because Yahweh is searched for commonly in google, so that helps bring up the site when searching. Same goes for Yahshua and Yahushua. The correct spellings are in the Introduction to God.
Offline PatrickM  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 12:52:17 PM(UTC)
PatrickM

Has "Introduction to God" been released yet? If so, where may I find it?

Thanks,
Patrick

P.S. Did a search in Google, and it leads me to here:
http://yadayahweh.com/Yada_Yahweh_Genesis.YHWH
Offline Steve in PA  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 2:38:41 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Patrick...

If you send a request to yada@yadayahweh.com... Yada will gladly send you the most recent draft.

Welcome to the forum.

Steve