logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bitnet  
#51 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 5:27:29 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

According to the Catholic Encyclopaedia:

Quote:
The fact of the Assumption

Regarding the day, year, and manner of Our Lady's death, nothing certain is known. The earliest known literary reference to the Assumption is found in the Greek work De Obitu S. Dominae. Catholic faith, however, has always derived our knowledge of the mystery from Apostolic Tradition. Epiphanius (d. 403) acknowledged that he knew nothing definite about it (Haer., lxxix, 11). The dates assigned for it vary between three and fifteen years after Christ's Ascension. Two cities claim to be the place of her departure: Jerusalem and Ephesus. Common consent favours Jerusalem, where her tomb is shown; but some argue in favour of Ephesus. The first six centuries did not know of the tomb of Mary at Jerusalem.

Read on for more information about a feast that is not mentioned at all in Scripture but celebrated because some men think it proper and suitable to celebrate the "mother of god" according to various dates depending upon their denomination and religious culture.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#52 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 10:40:53 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found this on Wikidpedia. Check out the part I underlined - a bit of flawed reasoning?

Quote:
Pope John Paul II's strong Marian devotion was highly influenced by the Mariology of Saint Louis de Montfort. According to his Apostolic Letter Rosarium Virginis Mariae, the pontif's personal motto "Totus Tuus" was inspired by St. Louis' doctrine on total consecration to the Virgin Mary, which he quoted:

“Our entire perfection consists in being conformed, united and consecrated to Jesus Christ. Hence the most perfect of all devotions is undoubtedly that which conforms, unites and consecrates us most perfectly to Jesus Christ.

Now, since Mary is of all creatures the one most conformed to Jesus Christ, it follows that among all devotions that which most consecrates and conforms a soul to our Lord is devotion to Mary, his Holy Mother, and that the more a soul is consecrated to her the more will it be consecrated to Jesus Christ."[2]

In an address to the Montfortian Fathers, the pontiff also said that his reading Saint Louis de Montfort's work The True Devotion to Mary was a "decisive turning point" in his life[3]. On September 19th 1996, Pope John-Paul II made a papal trip to Saint-Laurent-sur-Sèvre to meditate and pray on the adjacent tombs of Saint Louis de Montfort and Blessed Marie Louise Trichet, whom he beatified himself.

His encyclical Redemptoris Mater further emphasizes his focus on Mariology[4].

source

The caption on the image below reads: "Coat of Arms of Pope John Paul II. The letter M in the Marian Cross is for Mary, Jesus' mother."
Yada attached the following image(s):
120px-John_paul_2_coa.svg.png
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:29:26 AM(UTC)
Yada

EWTN is featuring this image on their home page today:

Coro_08.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:45:17 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
*vomits*
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:41:55 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I seem to be having a problem getting the pictures now. Would Mozilla Firefox and derivatives like Flock have a problem with the pics? This only happened after the upgrade.
Offline Matthew  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:38:03 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
bitnet wrote:
Shalom,

I seem to be having a problem getting the pictures now. Would Mozilla Firefox and derivatives like Flock have a problem with the pics? This only happened after the upgrade.

Me too! Can't see a thing, just a tiny blue box. Says people have downloaded it, but it doesn't give me that option. And I'm using IE7.

But I just visted EWTN! To vomit is a natural response by a believer in Yahushua.

If you click on the picture on EWTN it opens up this link, http://www.ewtn.com/library/ENCYC/P12CAELI.HTM, see if you can stomach that!
Offline Yada  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:58:41 PM(UTC)
Yada

Could I ask you guys to post your comments regarding not being able to see the images under the "new forum software" thread in the announcement section? That way, we can keep all of the appropriate comments together in one place for our web master.

Thanks.

Regarding the EWTN link, here's the opening paragraph from Pope Pius XII's letter:

Quote:
Encyclical AD CAELI REGINAM
Pope Pius XII

(proclaiming the Queenship of Mary)

To the Venerable Brethren, the Patriarchs, Primates, Archbishops, Bishops and other Local Ordinaries in Peace and Communion with the Holy See.

Venerable Brethren, Health and Apostolic Blessing.

From the earliest ages of the Catholic Church a Christian people, whether in time of triumph or more especially in time of crisis, has addressed prayers of petition and hymns of praise and veneration to the Queen of Heaven. And never has that hope wavered which they placed in the Mother of the Divine King, Jesus Christ; nor has that faith ever failed by which we are taught that Mary, the Virgin Mother of God, reigns with a mother's solicitude over the entire world, just as she is crowned in heavenly blessedness with the glory of a Queen...

read on

Offline Matthew  
#58 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:09:42 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Check out point 16 of that article:

Quote:
16. The Blessed Virgin, sitting at the right hand of God to pray for us is hailed by another writer of that same era in these words, "the Queen of mortal man, the most holy Mother of God."
Offline Yada  
#59 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:44:22 PM(UTC)
Yada

Mark your calendars - you won't want to miss it. Accordingy to EWTN:

Quote:
BIRTH OF MARY
September 8th
A. Valentini

The present Feast forms a link between the New and the Old Testament. It shows that Truth succeeds symbols and figures and that the New Covenant replaces the Old. Hence, all creation sings with joy, exults, and participates in the joy of this day.... This is, in fact, the day on which the Creator of the world constructed His temple; today is the day on which by a stupendous project a creature becomes the preferred dwelling of the Creator" (Saint Andrew of Crete).

"Let us celebrate with joy the birth of the Virgin Mary, of whom was born the Sun of Justice.... Her birth constitutes the hope and the light of salvation for the whole world.... Her image is light for the whole Christian people" (From the Liturgy).

Read on (if you dare)
birth_of_mary_08.jpg
Offline Yada  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 2:10:32 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Devotion in a forsaken land

(Matthew Streib is traveling across the country on his bicycle exploring religious sites that are inspiring and uniquely American. You can read more about his travels at http://www.americanpilgrimage.com.)

BYRNESVILLE, Pa. - The term "ghost town" generally conjures up images of tumbleweeds and abandoned saloons, not picturesque green hillsides in central Pennsylvania. But other than ominous clouds of steam and carbon monoxide, nothing is left of the tiny town of Byrnesville, except the Virgin Mary.
Byrnesville was demolished by the government in 1990s due to the dangerous conditions caused by an underground coal mine fire that started in nearby Centralia in 1962. Once a town of 28 families, now there is nothing but empty streets, a fractured highway, and vacant lots. The only people who come here are tourists to see the destruction and Mike and Jim Reilley, devoted sons who keep up the town's shrine to Mary, the last standing structure.

"I don't really go to church anymore," says Mike, who trims the shrubs, cleans the stone, and replaces the statue when vandals steal it. A Catholic, he also prays to the Virgin Mary, who has been said to work miracles for inhabitants who pilgrimage from neighboring towns. "In a way, this has become my expression of faith," he says.

Mike lived in Byrnesville for almost 50 years before he evacuated due to loss of electricity, water, and the danger of carbon monoxide seeping in through the basement. When he was 15 (he's now 72), his father dreamt up the idea of the shrine, and the whole family built it out of concrete and old bathtubs. He misses the town deeply, and maintains a website to remind people of the town's history.

"There were blueberries all over the place, blackberries, huckleberries, and we'd go out in the woods all the time," he says. "The coal mines were actually a nuisance -- they'd be digging for coal, with big shovels, dirt, and lots of noise. But it was also entertainment. We'd be sitting there, watching the trucks go by, with all the lights on at night."

The coal fires under the ground still burn, and have enough fuel to last for another 250 years. The town is uninhabitable, and will remain so indefinitely. But for the two brothers who so loved the town, its memory will never die.

source
byrnesville_reilley_300.jpg
Offline bitnet  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:18:49 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

It is rather upsetting that this worship of Mary has gone to such levels. That said, I just felt that we should have some respect for Messiyah Yahushua's mother (we certainly would meet her in the Kingdom), but should feel free to speak out against the practice of elevating her to such lofty positions that it misleads people. How the Catholics figure out that "she is sitting at the right hand of God to pray for us" is another mystery, another piece of the puzzle of Mystery Babylon. If you think about it, if all those good people went to heaven are looking out for us and praying for us, they are not doing a very good job, are they? All these world's problems that plague us reflect their inadequacy in reaching the ears of the Creator. Furthermore, if they are seeing all the problems that are here on earth, and what their children are doing, I think they'd be horrified! They definitely won't be getting any peace up there looking at us down here! ;-p
Offline Matthew  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:59:35 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Quote:
carbon monoxide seeping in through the basement

Possibly a warning from Yah that worshiping Mary leads to hell? I think so! It will even make to smell like hell.

Offline bitnet  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 3:33:02 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Er, not to be too nitpicky but carbon monoxide is a colourless, odorless gas. It kills you and you do not even know it.
Offline Matthew  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:22:02 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

bitnet wrote:
Er, not to be too nitpicky but carbon monoxide is a colourless, odorless gas. It kills you and you do not even know it.

Oops, let's just pretend my last sentence isn't there.
Offline Matthew  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:55:33 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Swalchy wrote:
I can delete your post if you want :P

No worries, I left it especially because then bitnet's post would've not made sense. Let's leave the running commentary as is :)
Offline Yada  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:34:28 PM(UTC)
Yada

EWTN ran this "Memorare" prayer to Mary as kind of an infomercial - complete with scrolling text and set to music:

Quote:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me.

source

Apparently, if you recite this prayer, you get a 'partial indulgence.'

Yeah, right.
assumpt.jpg
Offline Yada  
#67 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 4:23:06 AM(UTC)
Yada

The caption on the photo below reads:

Quote:
Pope Benedict XVI lights a candle in front of the statue of Our Lady of Bonaria as he celebrates a Mass during a Pastoral visit in the Sardinian town of Cagliari September 7, 2008. Pope Benedict said he was praying for the people of Haiti, which has been struck by three successive storms, and hoped enough aid would arrive there.
cagliari 6.jpg
Offline Yada  
#68 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 1:15:37 PM(UTC)
Yada

So that you don't miss it, according to EWTN, today is the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross. I'm still trying to figure out who all these people are and what they're all doing standing in front of what appears to be the sun, but I did learn from one of their commentators that Mary "endured all the pain that 'Christ' suffered on the cross" including her heart actually being pierced at the same time that Jesus' heart was peirced. Also, that she can assume "all the sins and punishment of all of mankind." She is also the "sole dispenser of grace" a the "co-redeemer" with Christ.

Oh boy.

Edited by user Monday, September 8, 2008 10:43:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Exaltation_08.jpg
Offline Yada  
#69 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 3:21:55 PM(UTC)
Yada

With the Pope visiting France, making a special trip to the "Shrine of Our Lady" at Lourdes where the RCC claims an apparition appeard in a grotto, I wondered whether 'grottos' had any special significance or history within paganism. Sure enough, it turns out that grottos were often used to conduct pagan rituals. In fact, I came across this reference from a review to, "The Pagan Book of Days: A Guide to the Festivals, Traditions, and Sacred Days of the Year, by Nigel Pennick:"

Quote:
"Did you know the grotto at Lourdes was a pagan shrine before the miracle of the "Blessed Mother's" appearance?"

Interestingly, many groups practicing Satanism today include 'grotto' in the title of their organization.

Scary.
pope lourdes.jpg
Offline Yada  
#70 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 3:38:25 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found this online - it's a listing of various "Marion" apparitions:

Quote:
1. Lourdes, South-West France, 1858:

On a freezing day in Februrary 1858, Bernadette Soubirous, an illiterate pauper, claimed she had seen a “lady dressed in white” holding a rosary. Seventeen more apparitions followed, during which the vision urged Bernadette to pray for the conversion of sinners, and, on one occasion, to scratch the ground in front of her. A well bubbled up, said to have miraculous properties, and with it a tradition that the Lourdes waters could heal the sick. Though six million Catholics now visit Lourdes annually, Bernadette was initially declared fit for the lunatic asylum by the local press, but later entered a convent.

2. Fatima, Portugal, 1917:

Three child shepherds claimed that a “lady, brighter than the sun” had appeared to them, with a message of prayer for peace and the conversion of sinners. She also confided “three secrets” to them. When news of the visions spread, a provincial governor had the children arrested, imprisoned and threatened to throw each in a boiling vat of oil unless they retracted their story. They refused. Thousands turned up for the final vision in October 1917. Many reported they saw the sun turn red, and rotate, zig-zagging towards the earth. Two of the seers died young, the third, who became a nun, died in 2005. The Vatican revealed the Third Secret in 2000, but the contents, involving the shooting of a bishop and interpreted as the assassination attempt on John Paul II in 1982, disappointed some believers. They maintain the Vatican is still concealing the secret’s final, and supposedly terrifying, conclusion.

3. Guadalupe, Tepayac, Mexico, 1531:

Mexicans believe in only two things, the Mexican writer Octavio Paz once declared: the lottery, and the Virgin of Guadelupe. In 1531, a Mexican Indian, Juan Diego told his bishop he had seen a vision of a lady dressed as an Indian princess on a hill near Mexico City. The bishop told Diego to ask for a sign and the vision instructed him to fill his cloak with roses plucked from the hill nearby. When Diego opened the cloak before the bishop, the roses had vanished. In their place was an imprint of the lady in the vision. A handy tale which eased the Spanish conquest of Mexico, though it is claimed the original cloth has been subjected to numerous tests which prove the image was not painted onto the cloak. Portrayed standing on a half-crescent moon, the Virgin of Guadalupe is associated by Catholics with the woman “Clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet” described in the Book of Revelation (12:1)

4. Walsingham, England.1061:

A wealthy Norfolk widow claimed the Virgin Mary appeared to her in a dream, taking her to Nazareth to see the house where Jesus had grown up. On the Virgin’s orders, a replica, known as “the Holy House” was built in Walsingham. It remained England's principal Marian shrine until the Reformation. Still a Marian hotspot for RCs and smells-and-bells Anglicans.

5. Medjugorje, Bosnia. 1981 - present day, allegedly.

Probably the most controversial of all Marian apparitions, for the simple reason that the apparitions are said to be ongoing. Only two of the original group of six Bosnian teenagers who first claimed they had seen the Virgin Mary in 1981, now purportedly receive visions and messages from the Madonna daily. With a focus on the need for daily prayer, Bible reading, regular Mass and Confession and – toughest of all – fasting – Medjugorje attracts two million visitors yearly. Some report dramatic spiritual conversions or a return to faith. However, the Vatican remains strangely silent, and local bishops are less than supportive.

6. El Zeitoun, Cairo, 1968:
Millions, including President Nasser of Eygpt, claimed they saw the Madonna and an occasional luminous dove floating above the Orthodox church of Saint Mary. The Coptic Pope, Kyrillos VI, pronounced these apparitions genuine following Church-led investigations.

7. Akita, Japan. 1973.
A deaf Japanese nun not only saw Mary, but also purportedly received the stigmata (the wounds of the crucified Christ) and owned a weeping statue of Mary. How’s that for luck? She said she was cured of deafness by drinking Lourdes water, allegedly. All kosher, according to the Vatican.

8. Garabandal, Spain: 1961-65.
Four pre-pubescent girls said they saw the Archangel Gabriel and Mary, but the Catholic Church declined to believe them.

9. Knock, Ireland, 1879:
A multi-cast vision, starring Mary, Joseph, St John the Evangelist and Jesus (as the lamb of God). A local crowd, ranging in age from five to 75 saw this one, and Catholic nationalists dubbed Our Lady of Knock “Queen of Ireland” in a bid to dispute that title being assumed by Queen Victoria. John Paul II visited in 1979, but the Church has not formally stated an approval.

10. Surbiton, England,1984 – 2007:
Crushingly, the Vatican dismissed as “exaggerated” and “hysterical” the claims of Patricia de Menezes, a freelance jewellery designer, that the Virgin Mary was appearing in a pine tree in the back garden.

source
Offline Yada  
#71 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 8:28:22 PM(UTC)
Yada

I was doing a little reading about the apparition that Bernadette saw at Lourdes. The following is an account in her own words that took place during one of her initial encounters:

Quote:
I was not afraid to die, but I was terrified by the voices coming from the back of the grotto. They were evil voices clashing in a guttural, angry way. "Save yourself, get out of here," they shrieked. The Lady raised her eyes, frowned at where the voices were,—and there was peace.

I wondered who these "evil voices" were? Perhaps the apparition brought her whole entourage along to the grotto and they were actually mocking Bernadette as she unwittingly (but willfully) sank deeper into this deception.

Any thoughts?

You can read Bernadettes account in her own words here.
bernadette image 2.GIF
Offline Yahshuaslavejeff  
#72 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:13:24 PM(UTC)
Yahshuaslavejeff

QUOTE Just reading that makes me feel wrong (like I am inadvertantly worshiping her). I had to skim, and then I didn't even skim it all. END QUOTE

this thread on this site is uniquely out of harmony....

"do not study the other nations nor practice their ways" and
"do not even let the names of other gods be found on your lips" is Yhvh's stated, written Word. (is it different in Hebrew..?.. stronger I expect .. ? )

It looks clear that
the words and the pictures on this thread, even just skimming over, are grossly unrighteous, and should not fill anyone's eyes or have place in anyone's thoughts .....

Offline Yada  
#73 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:41:59 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Pope holds Mass for thousands at Lourdes

Story Highlights
* Benedict urges pilgrims to remain hopeful in the face of evil and hardship
* Mass marks the 150th anniversary of a peasant girl's religious visions
* Benedict spent Saturday at a hermitage, after praying at Lourdes grotto
* Pope drank water in the grotto, which believers says has healing power

LOURDES, France (AP) -- Pope Benedict XVI celebrated Mass on Sunday at the Lourdes shrine renowned for miracles, telling tens of thousands of faithful pilgrims they should hold onto hope in a world full of evil, torture, suffering and injustice.

Read on

Pope travels in France 1:57
Benedict XVI prays at one of Catholicism's most famous shrines, giving heart to the sick. CNN's Jim Bittermann reports

One interesting line from the article below:

Quote:
Benedict told the crowd that the cross initiates the faithful into the mysteries of Christian faith, including that "there is a love in this world that is stronger than death, stronger than our weaknesses and sins."

Hmm..."mysteries of the Christian faith?," "love in this world being stronger than death?" It sure would have been nice he he could have worked Yahushua into the speech.
pope.lourdes.ap.jpg
Offline bitnet  
#74 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 7:01:35 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I hear you, Yada, and it is precisely because of this perceived defilement that I have been skimming over most of the posts here. But nowadays we cannot help hearing all these other names being bandied around, especially in a multiracial multireligious society as found in Malaysia. It also applies to the other threads about Islam that you constantly update. I do not envy you having to bear this for the sake of the kehillat just so that we may understand the errors presented and not repeat it. Hope that you shall remain in good health and unaffected by all of this and that you shall have a great time during the coming Fall Feasts.
Offline Yada  
#75 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 6:45:54 AM(UTC)
Yada

EWTN was promoting this item today on their "Religious Catalog" - #846 "The Cross of Compassion." Here's a description:

Quote:
CROSS OF COMPASSION
This unique crucifix depicts Our Lady of Sorrows holding a chalice as if to catch Jesus' Precious Blood. Made of resin and stained to look like wood. Measures 11" high

Check out the pyramid with the "all seeing eye" at top center. If I recall, this same symbol appears on the back of our own currency. Funny that.

source

I sent a copy of the photo below to Yada. This was his response:

Quote:
This is stunning. Not only is there the all seeing eye of Horis, the Egyptian sun god, and the Egyptian sun oriented pyramid, we have not one, but two sun god halos, a sun god cross, a Babylonian Madonna who was impregnated by the sun (shown above her), becoming the Mother of God and Queen of Heaven, even "Our Lady of Sorrows (the reason for Lent)," a graven image, and "Jesus" nailed to the cross where he is rendered helpless and powerless--exactly what the religious sorts crave.

Yada

So what do you think about the nationalization of Wall Street? To hell with free enterprise and the US Constitution, with a couple of trillion dollars of dept based currency, the Fed can destroy the value of the dollar, bankrupt the Federal government, rob American citizens, and establish a Fascist state with them at the helm. It's a four for one slight of hand. And there is hardly a voice of descent.

If there were any question that America would be rendered meaningless internationally prior to the Tribulation, consistent with prophecy, the most resent evidence is compelling.

From CNN:

Quote:
'Absolute hell, uncertainty' 2:43
ITN's Bridgid Nzekwu looks back at the tumultuous financial week.

Edited by user Friday, September 19, 2008 11:18:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cross of compassion small.jpg
Offline Yada  
#76 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 6:57:45 AM(UTC)
Yada

I thought I would post this photo of a recent Papal Mass in Italy. It seems that the veneration of "Tammuz" is alive and well.
tau 06.jpg
Offline Yada  
#77 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:21:37 AM(UTC)
Yada

I found this free book, "Blinded by the Sun," online and thought I'd post a link to it here. I quickly scanned several sections and, while I did not agree with author on several points, I thought it did contain some useful information - especially relating the the origins of many Catholic practices. Here are the Table of Contents:

Quote:
Table of Contents

Dedication..........................................................................i
Introduction ......................................................................ii
1. Keep Christ in Christmas ...................................................1
2. How it all Started ............................................................3
3. Free Will ......................................................................5
Water Water Everywhere .......................................................6
4. The Unholy Trinity – Cush, Semiramis and Nimrod ......................8
Cush ............................................................................8
Semiramis ......................................................................9
Nimrod ........................................................................10
5. A New Religion ..............................................................15
6. The Roman Influence .....................................................18
7. Constantine the Great .....................................................20
8. X marks the Spot ...........................................................22
The Sign of the Cross ..........................................................23
9. All Hail Caesar .............................................................25
10. A Spiritual Blender .......................................................28
11. A Day to be Honored ......................................................30
12. You Can’t See the Forest for the Trees .................................32
13. “Yule” be Sorry ............................................................35
The Vatican Obelisk ..........................................................37
Yule logs .....................................................................39
O Tannenbaum ...............................................................40
14. Very Superstitious .........................................................41
Mistletoe ......................................................................41
Holly ...........................................................................42

15. “Claus” – it Christians ....................................................43
Saint Nicholas .................................................................44
The Power of Suggestion ......................................................46
Godly Fear and Wisdom .......................................................47
Santa – christ .................................................................49
Santa and his Merry Band of Elves ............................................50
16. The Wreath of God .........................................................52
The Olympics .................................................................52
Christmas Wreaths ............................................................53
Saint Lucia’s Crown ...........................................................54
17. Can a Leopard Change it’s Spots? ......................................56
18. And Then Along Comes Mary ...........................................59
Penance .......................................................................65
Guadalupe – the goddess of the Americas .....................................68
The Crown of Mary ............................................................73
Peace, Peace ...................................................................76
19. The Rosary – A Very Thorny Issue .....................................78
20. Everything Old is New Again ............................................85
21. Its Made Official ...........................................................87
22. The Mass Appeal of a Magic Wafer ....................................89
Behold your god! ..............................................................93
The Lord’s Supper .............................................................96
The Lamb of God ..............................................................98
Christ in the Passover ........................................................100
The Last Supper ..............................................................102
23. In Memoriam .............................................................104
24. Here Comes the Sun .....................................................110
Easter .........................................................................111
Lent ..........................................................................120
Good Friday ..................................................................122
The True Sabbath .............................................................127

25. It is Finished ..............................................................129
26. Who is this Jesus? ........................................................131
27. The Roman – Babylon Connection ...................................133
28. Tradition or Truth? ......................................................136
29. Nothing New Under the Sun ...........................................142
King Manasseh ...............................................................142
King Jeroboam ...............................................................143
King Solomon ........................................................................144
The Feasts of the Lord .......................................................145
30. Happy Birthday to Who? ...............................................147
The false christ ...............................................................148
The Anti-christ ...............................................................150
Liar Lair Pants on Fire .......................................................150
Cain and Abel ................................................................151
31. The spirit of Christmas ..................................................153
The Queen of heaven .........................................................154
The spirit of Motherhood .....................................................155
Mama of the Congregation ...................................................156
The Baby Jesus ...............................................................163
32. The Mother of God ......................................................164
33. Unto Us a Holiday is Born ..............................................178
The land of Goshen ...........................................................179
Separation is not a Four-Letter Word .......................................180
34. Does Truth Really Matter? .............................................183
Blaming Fire .................................................................184
Let’s Just Praise the Lord? ...................................................187
Seriously Deceived ...........................................................188
35. But That’s Not Me! .......................................................189
It’s a Heart Thing ............................................................190
36. A Little Bit of U.S. History ..............................................192
The English Puritans .........................................................194

37. Accountability .............................................................197
TBN ..........................................................................197
The TBN Praise-a-thon .......................................................199
Paul Crouch and Rome ......................................................202
Paul Crouch and the Protestant Reformation ................................207
Touch Not Mine Anointed ...................................................208
Judge Not ....................................................................212
38. Benny Hinn, TBN and Rome ...........................................215
A Personal Testimony .......................................................227
The Day of the Dead ..........................................................229
Fire from Heaven ............................................................232
Questioning the Miracles ....................................................233
Hidden Treasure ............................................................235
39. Show Me the Money .....................................................238
Billy Graham ................................................................246
Scriptural Foundation? ......................................................247
1000 Burnt Offerings ........................................................252
The Business of Church ......................................................256
The Modern Day Sale of Indulgences ........................................260
True Giving ..................................................................262
40. The One World Church .................................................265
All Roads Lead to Rome ......................................................267
The Pope of the People .......................................................270
Pope John Paul II and Islam .................................................271
John Paul II and Judaism ....................................................273
The Last Days Temple ........................................................275
41. The Last Days Remnant ..................................................278
The Seven Year Tribulation ..................................................280
The Signs of Noah and Lot ...................................................282
Persecution and Apostasy ...................................................284
The Sixth Seal – The Sign of the Son of Man .................................285

42. Oh, How the Mighty are Fallen ........................................291
If it walks like a duck .........................................................292
The Reason for the Seasons ..................................................293
43. The Spirit of Truth ........................................................295
44. The Cost .....................................................................297
45. Epilogue ...................................................................300
Time for a Change ............................................................301
The Call .......................................................................302
popeworship7.jpg
Offline Yada  
#78 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 1:25:12 AM(UTC)
Yada

I stumbled across this on YouTube. Check out the figure of Mary, which I think, astrides a representation of the Ark of The Covenant on the altar. Not to be believed.

Interestingly, on the same page was this short video about the origins/meaning of the word "Vatican." Part I is here.

Part II is here.

And, if you're in the mood for a little Beatles redition of "Here Comes the Sun," check out "Catholics and Sun Worship."
Offline In His Name  
#79 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 6:30:16 AM(UTC)
In His Name

That is SICK. and I don't mean that in a good way.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Yada  
#80 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 7:09:35 AM(UTC)
Yada

This is the latest image that EWTN has got plastered across their home page. It must be tough writing with all the sun rays and that bird buzzing around your head.
St_Teresa_08.jpg
Offline Yada  
#81 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2008 1:17:59 PM(UTC)
Yada

I know this thread is devoted to `Mary` but let`s not forget her son. If you`re wondering what he looks like, here`s the latest image from EWTN. Look familar?

Christ_King_08.jpg
Offline edStueart  
#82 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2008 4:42:01 PM(UTC)
edStueart

kp wrote:
The worship of Mary in Catholicism is no such thing: they aren't actually venerating Mary at all, but someone else. The way it's presented, it's a nice neat deity package: you've got "God the father" (heaven forbid you should use His self-revealed name, Yahweh), "Jesus" the son who was crucified, and Mary, the "Mother of God," a.k.a. "the queen of heaven," chosen as an object of worship because the concept of a "Holy Spirit" is too nebulous, too Jewish, for Catholic tastes.

Here is where this line of thinking with the followers of Muhammad.
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Yada  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:54:11 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Priest: Playboy cover resembling Mary 'desperate,' 'blasphemous'

Story Highlights
# Model María Florencia Onori featured on cover above caption, "We adore you, Mary"
# December plays host to several religious holidays honoring Virgin Mary
# Priest: "It's totally offensive to a billion Catholics in the world"
# Playboy says cover was never meant to portray any religious figure
.playboy.mx.jpg
Offline Yada  
#84 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:46:40 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Playboy: Catholics respond 2:55
CNN's Rick Sanchez talks to the head of the Catholic League about the "Virgin Mary" Playboy magazine cover.
Offline Matthew  
#85 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:03:32 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I wonder how many Catholics, especially priests, will have a copy of that particular edition hidden under their pillow? It's quite annoying having to watch Playboy try play the innocent card, as if they didn't know it would cause offence and didn't plan it to coincide with Christmas. I'm not sure who I'm more irritated with: the Catholics defending their sun-gods or Playboy trying to play the innocent card.

I think that picture on the Playboy cover is a good representation of the sun-goddess Semiramis.
Offline lassie1865  
#86 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:36:39 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Dear Friends,

What is the whole story about Krishna of India? How can it be that Krishna did ALL of the things Yahushua did, and centuries before Yahushah came? It seems that the Apochrphal books are copies of Krishna books? The books of the RC are altered copies of Krishna books? What can I read to understand and respond to these ideas?

Lassie1865
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#87 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:27:12 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Hi Lassie,

"According to Bhagavata Purana some believe that Krishna was born without a sexual union, by "mental transmission" from the mind of Vasudeva into the womb of Devaki"

yea, thats the story Vasudeva told Devaki's father.... LOL
Offline In His Name  
#88 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:47:06 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Matthew wrote:
I wonder how many Catholics, especially priests, will have a copy of that particular edition hidden under their pillow?

Catholic priests with Playboys under their pillows?? I don't think so....
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline lassie1865  
#89 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 6:27:57 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

To Swalchy,

This is pasted from Geocities:

Krishna of India

The similarities between the Christian character and the Indian messiah Krishna number in the hundreds, particularly when the early Christian texts now considered apocrypha are factored in. It should be noted that a common earlier English spelling of Krishna was “Christna,” which reveals its relation to “Christ.” Also, in Bengali, Krishna is reputedly “Christos,” which is the same as the Greek for “Christ” and which the soldiers of Alexander the Great called Krishna. It should be further noted that, as with Jesus, Buddha and Osiris, many people have believed and continue to believe in a historical Krishna. The following is a partial list of the correspondences between Jesus and Krishna:
--Krishna was born of the Virgin Devaki (“Divine One”) on December 25.
--His earthly father was a carpenter, who was off in the city paying tax while Krishna was born.
--His birth was signaled by a star in the east and attended by angels and shepherds, at which time he was presented with spices.
--The heavenly hosts danced and sang at his birth.
--He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
--Krishna was anointed on the head with oil by a woman whom he healed.
--He is depicted as having his foot on the head of a serpent.
--He worked miracles and wonders, raising the dead and healing lepers, the deaf and the blind.
--Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love, and he “lived poor and he loved the poor.”
--He castigated the clergy, charging them with “ambition and hypocrisy . . . Tradition says he fell victim to their vengeance.”
--Krishna’s “beloved disciple” was Arjuina or Ar-jouan (Jouhn).
--He was transfigured in front of his disciples.
--He gave his disciples the ability to work miracles.
--His path was “strewn with branches.”
--In some traditions he died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.
--Krishna was killed around the age of 30, and the sun darkened at his death.
--He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven “in the sight of all men.”
--He was depicted on a cross with nail-holes in his feet, as well as having a heart emblem on his clothing.
--Krishna is the “lion of the tribe of Saki.”
--He was called the “Shepherd of God” and considered the “Redeemer,” “Firstborn,” “Sin-Bearer,” “Liberator,” “Universal Word.”
--He was deemed the “Son of God” and “our Lord and Savior,” who came to earth to die for man’s salvation.
--He was the second person of the Trinity.
--His disciples purportedly bestowed upon him the title “Jezeus,” or “Jeseus,” meaning “pure essence.”
--Krishna is to return to judge the dead, riding on a white horse, and to do battle with the “Prince of Evil,” who will desolate the earth.

This certainly gives another reason why "Jesus" is an inappropriate name for Yahushua.
It seems that Krishna, as well as Zoroaster of Persia, are counterfeit saviors; are they strictly myths, or were they real historical persons?

Lassie

Offline CK  
#90 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 7:45:43 PM(UTC)
CK

Robski - You crack me up. I really did LOL. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. It needed it.
Offline Yada  
#91 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:35:01 AM(UTC)
Yada

The is the latest image EWTN (`Eternal Word Television Network` - the Catholic Television network) has splashed across its home page: `The Nativity.` Is it just me or does it look like beams of light are shining down from Mary onto `Jesus?`

Nativity_08.jpg
Offline Bridget  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:43:32 AM(UTC)
Bridget
Woman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
As an artist myself, I'd have to say it's just you.

The baby obviously has an aura emanating from his head. He is the source of light in this painting.

That's my opinion. :)
Offline Yada  
#93 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:36:00 PM(UTC)
Yada

Today I was sitting in a Catholic chat room on Paltalk and I learned that, `Scripture was written about Mary and to Mary.`

Speaking of Mary, check out her threads on the latest image that EWTN has got posted on their site.
Epiphany_09.jpg
Offline sirgodfrey  
#94 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:15:43 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

nice threads there, Mary.
Offline Yada  
#95 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 6:37:58 PM(UTC)
Yada

From the BBC:

Quote:
Vatican hosts Mary - the Musical

By David Willey
BBC News, The Vatican

You can watch a video clip of the `Mary - the Musical` here.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#96 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 10:17:49 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Yada wrote:
From the BBC:

You can watch a video clip of the `Mary - the Musical` here.

Mary Christ, Super Star!
Offline Yada  
#97 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 10:28:30 PM(UTC)
Yada

In the article(s), she`s actually referred to as, `Mary of Nazareth.`
Offline Matthew  
#98 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:59:05 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Latest image from EWTN!

UserPostedImage
Offline BiynaYahu  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 9:06:28 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

I just wanna know where they kept finding all these white people in 2000 years ago Yisra'el. "Oh, man! Someone is painting the LORD! Quick find as many white people as you can!" "But all I can find is brown people!" "Come on. We're under Roman rule. There's gotta be some white people around here somewhere! Besides all the racist white people in the future need every major historical figure, INCLUDING THE MESSIAH, to be the same skin colour as them!"

Anyway that's what all those pictures make me think!
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Matthew  
#100 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 9:13:34 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

BiynaYahu, I was thinking the exact same thing after I posted the picture, I even thought of editing my post to include a comment regarding the people not looking anything like Jews, but look very similar to statues and piantings in Rome, especially with kids having short curly hair. What about the short curly hair anyway, is it some sort of social class or some look specific to Roman times of past?