logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline J&M  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2007 9:44:41 AM(UTC)
J&M

Adam came out of his encounter with the tree of knowledge of good and evil radically changed;

1. He had Sin for the first time
2. He was severed from a direct spiritual connection with Yahweh.
3. He now has man's knowledge of good and evil stongly embedded in his 'psyche' and as a result thinks himself a god.

The rest of scripture is about how YHWH overcomes these problems and resumes fellowship with (some) of mankind.

The death of Yahushua on the stauros dealt with the Sin once and for all - Torah's temporary solutions were substantiated in Yahushua.

Yahushua having dealt with Sin enabled the Ruarch Quodesh to 'indwell' having previously only been able to temporarily 'fall upon' due to the temporary nature of atonement under Torah

The difficult one was getting rid of the knowledge of Good and Evil. Torah gave mankind a formula to follow which would mitigate the effects of man's knowlege of G & E, in effect a path which enabled men to rely on Yahweh rather than the god within. The indwelling Ruarch Quodesh can and will, subject to our freewill (as usual), transform us in such a way as to re-enter into the pre-fall spiritual linkages. The Torah written upon our hearts!
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 5:21:33 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

J&M, I agree with you on the first two problems you point to, however, disagree in the case of Adam himself believing himself to be a god after eating the fruit. He did gain knowledge of and personal experienced good and evil after the fall.

That said, I see evidence in his sons offering sacrifices not to Adam as elohym, rather to Yahuweh. This in hopes of restoring the close person relationship Adam and Chawah had known and enjoyed and desired restored with the Creator.

Having spoken with neo-Pagans and others I can confirm that many (like the Advesary) believe themselves to be most high, thus replacing Yahuweh, and seeing no need to accept Yahushua's free gift nor desire fellowship with Yahuweh. I agree that individuals who have so displaced themselves or another in Yahuweh's place can not relate with Him or accept Yahushua's gift as they see no reality to sin.
Offline J&M  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:47:53 AM(UTC)
J&M

I think your last paragraph illustrates the point. satan decieves by 'bending' truth, but on the whole he uses the truth to tell a lie

"If you eat of the tree (of Knowlege of good and evil) you will be as god (elohim) knowing good from evil"

This 'being as god' was what beguiled Chawwaz, but it was only a half truth because man's knowledge of G & E is grounded in the physical realm not the spiritual as is YHWH's.