logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RidesWithYah  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:15:48 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Got this message (unsolicited) on facebook.
Comments?
==========================================================================================

I noticed that you call our Master by the word "yah-shua". I have something very, very important to share with you about that Hebrew construct. I was born and grew up as an orthodoz Jew. I have 7 years of cheder and 2 years of yeshiva.

First, it isn’t even a word in Hebrew. It isn’t found once in Scripture, but the real Name of our Master, "Yeshua" is found 30 times in the Tanach (29 times in Hebrew and once in Aramaic). It is something that someone fabricated and it has spread throughout our circles.

You may know that it is supposed to mean "YAH" and "saves". You may have heard that "shua" means "saves". Actually, the Hebrew verb for "to save" is "yasha". The word "shua" does mean something, but what it does actually mean will shock you.

The two words are related. The verb "shua" is the PUAL form of "yasha". A pual verb form takes the verb and intensifies it and shifts it’s focus to the subject. Instead of the verb describing something the subject is doing, the verb describes something that IS BEING DONE TO THE SUBJECT. That is what a Hebrew pual verb form does. The following document will introduce you to this concept: Introduction http://depts.washington....heb/files/VerbStems.pdf.

What "yah-shua" actually means is not that "YAH saves" us, but that "YAH cries out for help", G-d forbid. It means the opposite of what our Saviour’s name actually means. Do you understand the significance of that? It is blasphemy. When someone says "YAHshua" in Hebrew they’re actually saying that "YAH cries out for help". They’re saying that YAH needs someone to save Him, G-d forbid! It is foolishness and wickedness. I’m sure that hasatan laughs whenever he hears someone say such a blasphemous thing.

I don’t know the origin of this blasphemy, but I hope that you will carefully consider your involvement with it. I grew up Orthodox Jewish and have 7 years of Cheder and 2 years of Yeshiva and I know what I am talking about. I realize that this will come as a shock to you, since so many are using this word and are convinced that it is perfectly right. You will be skeptical of what I have told you because you probably have never heard this before and I’m some stranger you don’t know.

If you want to talk about this or any other topic, you'll find me in the CTOMC chatroom in the Messianic Believers section of inSpeak, a FREE download at www.ctomc.ca/chat/Help.html
CTOMC - Coalition of Torah Observant Messianic Congregations
www.ctomc.ca
CTOMC is a community of Jewish and non-Jewish Believers in Messiah Yeshua. We are a Torah Observant community by choice - not for salvation, but because of our salvation in Messiah Yeshua.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:50:30 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

So this person says Yahshua is blasphemy and then uses Yeshua. Makes sense.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:04:57 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Of course, you can always silence the public use of God's Name and refer to Him as Adonai instead!
Offline RidesWithYah  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:28:38 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I sent him Yada's latest notes on the names Yahowshua and Yahowah, and will post if he replies.
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:45:38 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good place to start.