logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maryanne  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:52:27 PM(UTC)
Maryanne

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”
-Galatians 6:9-10 [NIV]

Occasionally, as Christians, it becomes very difficult to always stay on the right path and stay doing the right thing for God. This issue is addressed in Galatians 6:9-10. While we all want to constantly do the right thing for God, it becomes difficult and trying at times. The Lord is aware of the hard work we are putting in; he is also aware that the work causes us to be weary. What we need to realize however, is that just because we are tired and in need of rejuvenation we cannot give up on doing the things we say take a lot out of us. Jesus probably did not feel like dying a human on a cross but he did, for us. So why should we not do the same for him? Although at times it is very tasking to keep giving or keep helping, especially when you feel as though it is getting you nowhere fast, we still need to push onward and keep using our lives to serve God. Everyone can be susceptible to a state of weariness at one time or another; parents struggling to raise children in a Godly manner, members of the church who have served long and hard for a significant amount of time, even those who are trying to serve God and are affected by illness. All of these things, and many many more, lead to use feeling wear and exhausted.
Working through exhausted, by means of perseverance and devout faith, will eventually lead us to prosperity. By giving up doing good works for Christ we are giving up the harvest God is preparing for us to reap. Whether the harvest be in heaven or be here on earth, we do not necessarily know, but we do know that if God has promised it, it will happen. In Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary we read, “You do not harvest a field of wheat the day after you sow the seed. So in the spiritual realm, the rewards surely follow faithful sowing in due season.” This is how we should look at exhausting situations. They do not bring reward instantly, and like the farmer, we must have patience enough to wait to the prosperity. In Galatians 6:10 it is said that we are to give even more of ourselves to believers. This is because, as believers weariness will overtake more easily. The does not want Christians, no matter what denomination to be doing good works and showing God’s love through that. Christians are put through trials to, somewhat, test our faith. If we can still persevere and have patience in honoring God, while working through those trials, we will be granted an even greater form of compensation.

Edited by moderator Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:06:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:10:55 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
It's obvious from your post that you have not bothered to read anything associated with this forum. Judging by the ads that were, I deleted them, at the bottom of your post, it is my guess that you have no interest in dialog, and will probably never return to this site. But should you, for future reference, we do not allow advertising. So if you should post again, do not include your advertisements, not only will they be deleted, you will be banned from the forum. Also, if this is a real person and not a bot as I suspect, please take the time to read something associated with this site before posting.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:13:06 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
James Bowen - pit bull moderator
Sic 'em, JB!
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:16:25 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
flintface wrote:
James Bowen - pit bull moderator
Sic 'em, JB!

Only when it comes to salesmen.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline FredSnell  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2011 2:54:58 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
James wrote:
Only when it comes to salesmen.

nice repose!..happy sabbath all!!!
Offline Cecille  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 11:46:59 PM(UTC)
Cecille

Please proofread/edit my essay.
It is supposed to be a scripture analysis.
Senior bible class

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”
-Galatians 6:9-10 [NIV]

Occasionally, as Christians, it becomes very difficult to always stay on the right path and stay doing the right thing for God. This issue is addressed in Galatians 6:9-10. While we all want to constantly do the right thing for God, it becomes difficult and trying at times. The Lord is aware of the hard work we are putting in; he is also aware that the work causes us to be weary. What we need to realize however, is that just because we are tired and in need of rejuvenation we cannot give up on doing the things we say take a lot out of us. Jesus probably did not feel like dying a human on a cross but he did, for us. So why should we not do the same for him? Although at times it is very tasking to keep giving or keep helping, especially when you feel as though it is getting you nowhere fast, we still need to push onward and keep using our lives to serve God. Everyone can be susceptible to a state of weariness at one time or another; parents struggling to raise children in a Godly manner, members of the church who have served long and hard for a significant amount of time, even those who are trying to serve God and are affected by illness. All of these things, and many many more, lead to use feeling wear and exhausted.
Working through exhausted, by means of perseverance and devout faith, will eventually lead us to prosperity. By giving up doing good works for Christ we are giving up the harvest God is preparing for us to reap. Whether the harvest be in heaven or be here on earth, we do not necessarily know, but we do know that if God has promised it, it will happen. In Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary we read, “You do not harvest a field of wheat the day after you sow the seed. So in the spiritual realm, the rewards surely follow faithful sowing in due season.” This is how we should look at exhausting situations. They do not bring reward instantly, and like the farmer, we must have patience enough to wait to the prosperity. In Galatians 6:10 it is said that we are to give even more of ourselves to believers. This is because, as believers weariness will overtake more easily. The does not want Christians, no matter what denomination to be doing good works and showing God’s love through that. Christians are put through trials to, somewhat, test our faith. If we can still persevere and have patience in honoring God, while working through those trials, we will be granted an even greater form of compensation
Offline FredSnell  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 1:43:38 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I think most folks in this forum are feed up with showing folks like you that haven't done the slightest bit of homework. Somehow, no some reason you believe if you put enough of Paul words before people, that they can obtain an awakening through his words instead of the, Word, that was there in the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqMkPhX3kEQ

I had a christian tell me yesterday, after wasting my time trying to show him his mistakes, "that, to deny Paul's apostolic writings is anathema."...lol. Never ever heard that word before. I had to get in touch with, Brother Richard, who gave me a great response that I filed away into my back pocket for the next guy that uses it on me.

Now Cecille...go read, QuestioningPaul.com...it's an eye opener to just how out of touch the interpreters of scripture were.