logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FredSnell  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:19:04 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was watching some You Tube videos last night and after watching a few, from a person that uses the name, a branch of the true vine.(put that all together.) I noticed that while this person makes wonderful videos, he or she never used verses from our Paul.
So I sent this person a few questions about, if this was more or less intentional? I'd like to post the reply this person sent back, and then highly recommend to anyone, watch the videos. They are nicely done and really drives home the point being made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onHfB2ujgrE

I hope this person doesn't mind me re-posting their response. I just want ppl to know others are awakening to this one that has pulled the wool over many.

"Hello idiot, < my personal name for me.

You are correct in your observation -- I do not accept the writings of Paul.

I used to support and even defend his writings, often with great fervor. However, I came to a point of just simply reading what he wrote in totality (not going by chapters/verses) and then compared it to Torah and to what Messiah taught; Paul failed this test miserably.

When I ceased from my acrobatic efforts to reconcile Paul's letters everything became very clear to me, at that moment I made a choice. I follow the Instructions of The Creator (Torah) which were reinforced, taught, lived, and demonstrated by Messiah.

While other YouTube channels make videos about Paul in a blunt manner I choose rather to make the video in a way that will force the viewer to "connect the dots". I do not want to "destroy" any "babies" who are unable to digest a blunt anti-Paul video...I am not sure that I would have been able to do so in the beginning of my own journey. Some see it, some don't; but nevertheless the ultimate message in my video is pure: obey Our Father, follow what Messiah taught.

If I may so humbly offer on the subject of homosexuality and Messiah: when He said not one jot nor one tittle will pass from Torah He meant it. Even though He did not publicly speak out against it He did when He said that. Now please understand that I am NOT judging anyone...i have known some very beautiful souls who are homosexual who would give me the shirt off of their back should I need it...in fact they practiced "love your neighbor" more than many claim to do. I have a family member who is homosexual and I still love her. Nevertheless, Messiah did not condone a practice that is forbidden in Torah, He could not have. If Messiah had taught anything against Torah then He would have been a false prophet, and not the Messiah. I hope that makes sense.

I can't thank you enough for your kind words, your encouragement, and the time you took to share something so personal with me. I treasure such messages. If I may be so bold, not to sound as a "big shot", but I am so proud of you. So few can see past Paul and figure it out for themselves. You must have an amazing intellect and open heart to be willing to question such a traditional doctrine for yourself. I am impressed."

Offline Daniel  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 5:37:27 AM(UTC)
Daniel

encounterHim wrote:
While other YouTube channels make videos about Paul in a blunt manner I choose rather to make the video in a way that will force the viewer to "connect the dots". I do not want to "destroy" any "babies" who are unable to digest a blunt anti-Paul video...I am not sure that I would have been able to do so in the beginning of my own journey. Some see it, some don't; but nevertheless the ultimate message in my video is pure: obey Our Father, follow what Messiah taught.

This is a great approach.

Just ignore Mr. Oftarsus.

What I tell my friends about the "New Testament" is: 'God's words are printed in red... everything else is commentary or personal correspondence.'

This is usually all they can take, at first. Some will 'connect the dots' on their own, when they are ready.

So far, my two best friends have been able to.

Halleleu Yah!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline tagim  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 7:04:55 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Thanks, again, encounterHim. I watched a bunch of his videos. Amazed at the beauty of them. Viewed seven out of ten, I think. I am thinking of downloading them for more viewing. Must see them all.
Offline Walt  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 8:00:51 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

OK
I'm home alone (my wife went to the store) and I'm checking out some of the videos and enjoying them
I hear a knock on the door, I say "come in" with no response. So I get my crutches and go answer the door
A lady jw, with her bible and pamphlets - I just say "no thank you, I'm not interested" she says ok and leaves
The enemy does try to distract us. I could have tried to "debate" with her, but she's not seeking and wouldn't hear what I had to say

I like the one on "what is the role of woman" - I notice it is the least viewed

How do you download the videos from youtube?
Offline tagim  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 3:08:26 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Good question, Walt. I watched that one, too. Hope to get an answer to your question, as I thought it was an easy to pushing a button, as I have never done it before. What I did, though, in anticipation of any problem I might have, is bookmarked the spot on Youtube where are the videos I was watching. At least that way I may be able to view those left that I didn't. If anyone has the answer, please post it. Good response to JW, about what mine is. Nice to learn you can make it to the door on crutches. If it happens again, I hope you have a better visitor.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:05:28 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

"How do you download the videos from youtube?"

google "Tube Sucker", and download and install the free version.
Offline Prodigal  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 2:08:49 AM(UTC)
Prodigal

http://keepvid.com/

I like this one as there's no installation. Just copy the youtube address in and you can save it directly to your hard drive.
Offline bigritchie  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 11:55:26 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

You can download realplayer and if I mouse over a video on youtube it lets me DL with real player.

O....and the video maker is a woman.

<----my wife. Hehe
Offline Walt  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:08:29 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

bigritchie wrote:
You can download realplayer and if I mouse over a video on youtube it lets me DL with real player.

O....and the video maker is a woman.

<----my wife. Hehe

Tell her thanks - Great job.
Only recommendation is to give a longer pause where there is lots of reading or cites Scripture (to be able to write it down)
Is there more coming, maybe on on sabbath?
Offline FredSnell  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:36:57 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

WOW...Great job on everyone of those. I am amazed at the quality.
Offline bigritchie  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:19:28 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Yea I am sure she will make more.

We both just get burned out sometimes and have to take a break from all the religious "stuff" so to speak and go outside and enjoy nature.

We try and be super careful about what we make also, as we know how easily the common person can be influenced (aka if we are wrong, we don't want them wrong because we said so.)

Offline FredSnell  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 2:03:35 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Psalm 23

23:1 YHWH is my shepherd; I shall not want..................Yah's implying He's willing in this relationship. On the 6th day He created me to become His son.

23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters...............Yah's showing me, rest son, in calmness you will know Me.

23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.........Yah's telling me, "and upon that rest, you will be healed and restored in the name of YHWH."

23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.........Yah's saying, put my trust in Him, and I will be protected when evil is everywhere around me.

23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over......Yah shows me, if I do put my trust and reliance in Him, I will be abundant, richly rewarded in getting to know Him.

23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of YHWH for ever.......He gives me His blessings when I do what He ask.