logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:02:14 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

As the YY site doesn't have the new Intro attached yet, what is the latest? I've searched here on the forum and can't find it. The one I have is dated 3/23, is this the most recent?
Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:25:27 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi, Walt! Hope you're feeling better and are healing "on schedule".

Yada provided me with a copy as of a couple of weeks ago. The "Date Modified" field for it reads March 23, 2011. So it looks like you have the latest-greatest-up-to-datest version.

Richard
Offline Walt  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:43:47 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Thanks
I've weened myself off the pain meds so that I'll be able to think and keep focus without being in a fog, so it's time to seek Yah out minus religion and traditions of men.
Offline tagim  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 1:22:11 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Walt, what is your prognosis? That, absent pain for a while -- meaning you will have pain -- that you will have a complete recovery, and the only thing you have to remember is NOT TO DO THAT AGAIN? That would be wonderful. Stay in bed, type on the forum, read, tell us what is going on, and praise Yah for all He is doing! That would be great news, friend!
Offline Richard  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 10:51:47 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I just read the following paragraph in An Introduction to God:

Yada wrote:
Then, describing the imperfect prefixed conjugation, the GMST states: “It views the action of the verb from the ‘inside’ or from the perspective of the action’s unfolding. This imperfective aspect can speak of (depending on context) habitual actions, actions in progress, or even completed actions that have unfolding, ongoing results. The term ‘imperfective’ does
not refer to tense, though, because Scriptural Hebrew does not have tenses which convey timing. An action can be viewed in process in the past (‘was walking’), the present (‘is walking’), or even the future (‘will be walking’). The only possible exception to this rule is the imperfect waw consecutive, known as the ‘preterite’ form, which at times is construed to convey a previous action.”

My immediate response was to shake my head violently in complete frustration, for I had just asked Father to help me understand and remember what I'm reading. There is a reason why I have not undertaken to translate Scripture on my own, and this experience demonstrates that reason perfectly. I just cannot comprehend these things on my own. I read that paragraph and just go, "Wha-? Huh?"

I can understand Linux and Windows, and I could diagnose and repair just about every PC or server problem I ever encountered. But I am lost when it comes to any language other than American English. So I appreciate Yada's efforts a lot, and I am grateful to our Father for guiding me towards the brother. There are those who think my reliance on Yada's writings equates to a form of cult worship, but whoever thinks that is an idiot.

Just my 2 cents worth on the YY Intro.

Richard
Offline tagim  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 3:34:41 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

I read that same paragraph, three times. The answer is simple: that which cannot be understood.