logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline pauljw  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:54:34 AM(UTC)
pauljw

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Why does my calendar say that Passover is this Tuesday, Apr. 19th? I've seen that Yada has tomorrow at sunset as Passover and that Paleotimes agrees, so where does the Apr. 19th date come from? I'm already easily confused about the Migra dates and trust Yada for accuracy.
Offline VinceB.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 11:44:28 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

It starts at sunset on Monday and goes through next Tuesday at sundown if you are outside of Yisrael: includes Pesach Unleavened and First Fruits; been reading the Pesach chapter of YY and am feeling so blessed - what an awesome honor it is to be included in Yah's family; is really a real joy to read YY's chapter/s - plan to do the same with the Matsah/Unleavened Bread Feast and the Bikuwrym/First Fruits Feast today and tomorrow, as well as through the three feasts days all of which, as you already know, happens all durng this same week of the Pesach/Passover celebration...
HWHY
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:26:48 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Personally, my wife and I are going to celebrate Passover beginning at sunset tomorrow, April 17th PST, Unleavened Bread from twilight Monday, April 18th, until twilight Monday, April 25th, and FirstFruits at twilight Tuesday, April 19th, per Yada's timetable as shown on the Yada Yahweh home page.
Offline cgb2  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:13:25 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I'm celebrating:
14th day Passover sundown 9/17 late night vigil
Passover lamb kabobs 9/18 between the evens (3pm-sundown when Messiah and passover lambs killed)
15th day (Exodus from Egypt, Messiah in the tomb)
Sundown 9/18 high sabbath of unleavened bread
Took off work 9/19 high sabbath (daytime)
16th day Firstfruits (sundown 4/19-4/20)
20th day high sabbath starts sundown 4/23 end sundown 4/24

Also another verse that really confirmed 1+6=7 was:
Exo 12:18 ‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, in the evening, you shall eat unleavened bread until the twenty-first day of the month in the evening.

So days 14-20 (until 21st day starting at sundown, but 21st not included) is 7 days total.
1+6=7

Edited by user Friday, April 22, 2011 7:43:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: date error (20th day)

Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:24:25 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Here is moon calendar I used to get 1st observable crescent:
http://www.moonconnectio...on_phases_calendar.phtml
but keep in mind a day is sundown to sundown (Genesis 1) not our present way of thinking (midnight-midnight) on the count.

One thing that I thought was real cool was the precision of Gen 1:14 was how the moon phases are the same for northern and southern hemisphere, with only difference was light on right versus left side of moon.
Offline cgb2  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:34:30 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Amplified _ From PDF on YY Forum:
Leviticus
Chapter 23
1-2Yahuweh (YHWH) spoke these words (dabar - communicated) to (‘el) Moseh (moseh - one who draws out), saying (‘amar - answering and promising, intending), ‘Speak the Word to (dabar - communicated with) the Children (ben) of Yisra’el (yisra’el - from ‘ys sarah and ‘el, those who strive and struggle with, those who persist and endure with, those who persevere with and are empowered by God), and say (‘amar - call out, declare, and promise that) these Godly (‘el-leh) appointed meeting times (mow’ed - fixed assembly betrothal appointments which focus on the specific purpose designated by the Authority) of Yahuweh, these related (‘asher) set-apart (qodesh) assemblies of the called out (miqra’ey - the calling together; from qara’, to call out, to read, and recite), shall be proclaimed (qara’ - called out, read aloud, and recited) in relationship to (‘asher) their appointed meeting times (mow’ed - their fixed betrothal appointments where the assembly focuses on the specific purpose which was designated by the Authority).’ 3Six (ses) days (yowmym) the service of the spiritual messenger (mala’kah) shall be performed (‘asah - accomplished), so then (wa) in (ba) the (ha) seventh (shaby’y) day (yowm) will be a Sabbath (shabat - time of rest and reflection), a set-apart (qodesh) called-out assembly (miqra’) for rest and reflection (shabatown). All (kol) service of the heavenly messenger (mala’kah) shall not (lo’) be done (‘asah - performed). It is Yahuweh’s Sabbath (shabat - time for rest and reflection) in (ba) all (kol) your (‘atem) dwelling places and throughout time (mosab - wherever and whenever you assemble). 4These Godly (‘el-leh) appointed symbolic meeting places and times (mow’ed - the designated periods which are related to others for a specific purpose authorized by the authority; the set-apart feast and festival celebrations of communion, the betrothal appointments) of Yahuweh, these related (‘asher) set-apart (qodesh) assemblies of the called out (miqra’ey - rehearsals for calling us together; from qara’, to call out, to read, and recite), shall be proclaimed (qara’ - called out, read aloud, and recited) in relationship to (‘asher) their appointed symbolic meeting times (mow’ed - their fixed betrothal appointments where the assembly focuses on the specific purpose which was designated by the Authority). 5In (ba) the (ha) first (ri’shown)
month (chodesh - time of renewal) [Abib - the month young barley ears form and green], on the fourteenth (‘arba’ ‘asar - four and tenth) of (la) the (ha) month (hodes or chodesh - time of renewal) at (bayin - between and within the interval of) twilight (‘ereb - sunset), is Yahuweh’s Passover (pesach or pesah - act of sparing and providing immunity). 6The fifteenth (chamesh ‘asar - the fifth plus tenth) day (yowm) of this same (zeh) month (hodesh - time of restoration and renewal) is the festival feast (hag - celebration) of Unleavened Bread (Matsah - bread without leavening-yeast which is symbolic of sin and corruption) unto Yahuweh. Seven days shall you eat bread without leavening-yeast (matsah). 7The first, foremost, and primary (ri’shown) day (yowm) exists as (hayah) a set-apart and cleansing (qodesh) Called-Out Assembly (miqra’ - an occasion for a unified collection of people to gather together for a specific purpose, an invitation and summons to read, recite, and communicate the news and message). You shall not (lo’) do (‘asah - fashion, accomplish, or produce) any of (kol) the work (‘abodah - deeds done in service to another) of the business of the heavenly messenger (mala’kah - the service of the mal’ak, the theophanic representative, the visible manifestation of God, [i.e., Yahshua]). 8Come near and be present with (qarab - approach and appear before) the adoptive mother who enlightens and elevates (‘iseh/‘isah) unto (la - toward, into, on behalf of, according to, and in relation to) Yahuweh for seven (seba’ - from saba’, to swear an oath and make a promise) days (yowm). The seventh (shabiy’iy) day is a set-apart (qodesh - cleansing and separated, purifying and dedicated) Miqra’ (miqra’ - Called-Out Assembly for reading and communion; from qara’, to call out, to recite, to read, and to summon by name). You shall not (lo’) do (‘asah - institute or accomplish, prepare or produce, perform or bring about) any (kol) of the work (‘abodah - labor) of the service of Heaven’s Messenger (mala’kah - the theophany, the visible manifestation and representative of God). 9-10Yahuweh spoke to (dabar - conversed with) Moseh (the one who draws out), saying (‘amar - speaking and promising, answering and vowing), ‘Speak (dabar - communicate these words) to the children (ben - sons) of Yisra’el (those who live and abide with God, those who are empowered and preserved by God) and say to (‘amar - declare and promise) to (‘el) them (hemah): “Indeed when (kiy) you arrive and enter (bow’ - come into) the land (‘erets - realm) of relationship which (‘asher) I (‘any) am giving (natan - assigning and bestowing) to you, and (wa) reap its harvest (qatsar ‘eth qatsyr), bring (bow’ ‘eth - arrive, come in, and draw near with) a sheaf (‘omer - a small, bound measure of grain (one-tenth ephah or about two quarts) bundled and ready for processing and transport) of the FirstFruits (re’shiyth - the beginning, the first and the best; the choicest portion which has been set-apart unto the foremost family) of your harvest (qatiyr) to (‘el) the priest who officiates (kohen - the one who serves as a minister). 11And (wa) lift up and wave (nuwp - elevate and present, moving to and fro) the sheaf (‘omer/’amar -
the small gathering of grain which is bundled and ready for processing and transport) in (toward, on behalf of, and concerning) the presence (paneh - before) Yahuweh, in order for (la) you all (‘athem - yourselves) to exercise freewill and choose to be accepted favorably (rasown - to seek and capitalize upon a generous and gracious accommodation, to be found acceptable and pleasing by way of preferential and auspicious treatment, to be desired and found delightful, to satisfy and bring pleasure, to freely acknowledge that one’s debt has been paid in full). On the day after (min mahorath) the Sabbath (sabath - time set apart for rest and reflection, to abstain from ordinary labor) the priest (kohen - the one who serves as a minister) shall wave (nuwp - elevate, present, and move) it (huw’ - them and him [speaking of the sheaf and its small gathering of grain, representing harvested souls, and the Messiyah who facilitated their acceptance]). 12And then (wa) on (ba) the day (yowm) you all (‘athem) should wave (nuwp - elevate, present, and move) the sheaf (‘omer/’amar - the small gathering of grain which is bundled and ready for processing and transport). The work is accomplished (‘asah - the job is done, the benefit is provided) by (‘eth) the Lamb (kebes), the perfect (tamiym - the blameless and innocent without any imperfection; from tamam, the one who accomplishes, completes, and fulfills) Son (ben). He (huw’) changes and alters (sana’ - will be changed and altered, will renew and transform, and will be renewed and transformed) for the purpose of (la) rising up (‘olah / ‘alah - being taken up and ascending ) to (la) Yahuweh. 13His (huw’) gift (minchah -present and offering) of a double tithe of (sanaym ‘asarown - two tenths of) purified grain (‘soleth - bread flour with the hulls removed revealing the inner pristine kernel, distinguished from whole grain inclusive of its impurities) is to be mixed and anointed with (balal - combined and intertwined with and immersed in) oil (semen) by way of (ba - with and by means of) the adoptive mother who enlightens and elevates (‘iseh/‘isah) unto (la - toward, into, on behalf of, according to, and in relation to) Yahuweh, creating the pleasing Spirit (ruyach - forming a pleasant aroma; from ruwach, the Spirit) of reconciliation (nyhohoch - of restoration, of relationship, of appeasement, of conciliation, of tranquility and harmonious fellowship, from nuwach, to rest in peace). And Her (huw’) drink offering (nesek) shall be a fourth (raby’iy - that which makes us square and complete) fluid measure (hyn - a quantity of liquid equivalent to one-sixth Hebrew bath, which was approximately six gallons [i.e., one quarter of 1/6th of 6 gallons, or one quart) of wine (yayin - that which demonstrates liveliness and exhilaration). 14Do not (lo’) eat (‘akal - consume) the bread (lehem), roasted grain (qaly), or ripe orchard fruit (karmel - garden produce) until (‘ad) the essential, substantive, and foundational (‘esem - skeletal and invigorating, life sustaining) day (yowm), until (‘ad) this specific (zeh) arrival and harvest (bow’) offering and gift which draws you close to (qaraban atem - voluntary contribution to bring you near) your (atem) God (‘elohym). It shall be a
clearly communicated prescription of what you should do (huqah - an appointment for an allotment, a custom, a tradition, and a statute) forever (‘owlam - eternally) throughout your generations (dor - for all time, ages, and conditions) in all your assemblies and dwellings (moshab - settlements, abodes, locations, populations, situations, and sojourns).
Offline cgb2  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:36:25 AM(UTC)
cgb2

In late night vigil 4/17 (er, well not so late :^), I was going more from Matt/Mark/Luke/John account that seemed all Jerusalem was up and Yahushua kept having to wake up his disciples before his arrest, but didn’t know how the fulfillment was related to the exodus. I found it in:
Exo 12:42

(YY) 42It’s (huw’) a night (layil - a time of darkness and shadow devoid of light; from luwl, a
staircase from which) to hold a protective evening vigil to save (simowrym - an evening
watch whereby people are guarded through the darkness with the expectation of
salvation; from shamar, to keep, guard, protect, save, preserve, treasure, and celebrate
life) unto (la) Yahuweh," or: "He Himself (huw’) will hold a protective evening vigil
to save (simowrym - an evening watch whereby people are guarded through the darkness
with the expectation of salvation; are protected, saved, preserved, and treasured in a
celebration of life) at a time devoid of light (layil -darkness) by (la - concerning,
according to and on behalf of) Yahuweh " who brought them out (yatsa’) from (min)
the realm of the oppressive crucible (‘erets misraym - the land of Egypt).

ISR Scriptures 2009
It is a night of watches unto YHWH for bringing them out of the land of Mitsrayim. This is that night of watches unto YHWH, for all the children of Yisra’el throughout their generations.
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:19:33 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
cbg2, I know you're already aware of the following quote, but it bears repeating here in regards to the Garden of Gethsemane:

Originally Posted by: from the 3rd volume of KP' Go to Quoted Post
There is more than meets the eye in this vignette describing the hours prior to the Messiah’s crucifixion: “Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and He said to his disciples, ‘Sit here, while I go over there and pray.’ And taking with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, He began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then He said to them, ‘My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with Me.’” (Matthew 26:36-38) The Garden of Gethsemane is located at the foot of the Mount of Olives, just east of the Temple Mount. “Gethsemane” is derived from two Aramaic words. A gath is a press, used for crushing grapes or olives; Shemen means fat or oil (such as olive oil), a medication or unguent, or “fatness” (in the traditional sense, a state of well being or prosperity). Gethsemane, then, is the place Yahshua went to get squeezed on our behalf—crushed as in an olive press, releasing the Spirit for our benefit. As Yahshua Himself explained, “It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send Him to you.” (John 16:7) And lest you think I’m being overly dramatic, remember this: “And being in an agony He prayed more earnestly; and His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.” (Luke 22:44)

It’s horribly ironic: in agony over his own sin, David had pleaded, “Take not Your Holy Spirit from me.” (Psalm 51:11) But in agony over our sin, Yahshua subjected Himself to the very thing that had so terrified David—separation from the Holy Spirit in the crushing pressure of Gethsemane, the oil press. It was on our behalf that He hung on the cross praying, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” (Matthew 27:46) It was a rhetorical question (not to mention a fulfillment of the crucifixion prophecy of Psalm 22). He knew why: the Father turned His back on His only begotten Son out of compassion for us, His adopted children. There can be no greater love.

^ no I don't have a copy yet, he's still working on the 3rd volume. Send me a pm if want copies of the first 2 volumes.
Offline Daniel  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:02:25 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
Personally, my wife and I are going to celebrate Passover beginning at sunset tomorrow, April 17th PST, Unleavened Bread from twilight Monday, April 18th, until twilight Monday, April 25th, and FirstFruits at twilight Tuesday, April 19th, per Yada's timetable as shown on the Yada Yahweh home page.

Just to be sure, my family is going to everyone's seder that we are invited to.

(Can't be too careful!)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline pauljw  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:29:53 AM(UTC)
pauljw

flintface wrote:

Thx, Flintface. That's exactly what we're doing, too. This is our first time and although I was going to follow the schedule that Yada has laid out, I was simply curious where all these conflicting dates come from. I guess today's Jewish folks don't follow the correct schedule any better than the Christians if Passover was listed as being on the 19th which was actually the calendar day that Unleavened Bread ends and First Fruits begins this year.

I also understand that we're not required to be exact in practice. I'm sure the most important thing is that we are remembering and studying the scripture regarding the greatest gift to mankind ever.

Paul
Offline cgb2  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:23:50 AM(UTC)
cgb2

I was impressed by another torah that seemed to confirm my understanding. Although the meal he had with his taught ones was on Passover, it couldn’t have been THE PESACH….because you aren’t to leave your house until morning. Yahushua would have followed torah, but yet left to the garden of Gesemene to pray and watch and was then arrested. Besides look at the “picture” of the lamb & removing the corruption of leaven and compare how complete Messiah would have fulfilled.

I still have yet to figure the sign of Jonah, but yet while looking at AHLB dictionary (in E-Sword) I noted “belly of a fish” could also be “extreme anxiety”. Perhaps was literal fish for Jonah, but alternate meaning for Messiah (using Hebrew mindset). Certainly well before his arrest, Yahushua was stressed at what was coming…to the point of sweating blood. Perhaps when I revisit and read closely it will come closer to 3days/3nights although seems he stated he’d arise on 3rd day.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:29:58 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Sorry I've been away from the forum for a few days.

First, on the question of dates -- don't forget that what's frequently on our calendars as "Passover" is actually the First Day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the 15th of Abib, not the 14th. We keep the "memorial of the sacrifice of the Passover", Judaism does not. The 14th is not a sabbath (or else the death penalty could not be carried out). The 15th is a sabbath, and is the day they keep.

Part of the confusion is that between Genesis and John, the Israelites went into captivity in Babylon. So the command to kill the lamb on the 14th "at even" can be interpreted as the start of the day, or the end of the day. See THIS LESSON for more background.

On the time in the grave, remember that Messiah told us He would rise ON (not after) the third day. See Matthew 16:21, 17:23, 20:19; Mark 9:31, 10:34, Luke 9:22, 13:32, 18:33, 24:7. The tomb was guarded UNTIL (not through) the third day in Matthew 27:26. On the road to Emmaus, his followers said this is NOW the third (not the fourth) day since these things happened (Luke 24:21, 24:46). Later testimony agrees, see Acts 10:40, 1 Cor 15:4.

Part of the confusion rests with Western thought. See the story in 1 Kings 12:1-12, and 2 Chronicles 10: 1-12. The king tells the people to depart "for three days", and they return "on the third day". Also, Esther 4:13 - 5:1 -- eat nor drink three days, night or day... then, on the third day!

Bottom line: He was sacrificed on day one (dying shortly before sunset), was in the grave on day two, and arose on day three (sometime before sunrise). Actual time in the grave was somewhere between about 24 and 36 hours; and this is only a contradiction in our western thought. Shalom!
Offline Richard  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:42:28 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

cgb2 wrote:
I was impressed by another torah that seemed to confirm my understanding. Although the meal he had with his taught ones was on Passover, it couldn’t have been THE PESACH….because you aren’t to leave your house until morning. Yahushua would have followed torah, but yet left to the garden of Gesemene to pray and watch and was then arrested.

That's an outstanding observation, brother. Thanks!

Richard
Offline RidesWithYah  
#14 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 12:49:41 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
it couldn’t have been THE PESACH

While I understand your reasoning, it is dangerous to disagree with Yahshua:
Quote:
Then He said to them, “With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer;

Luke 22:15
Offline cgb2  
#15 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 2:13:33 AM(UTC)
cgb2

RidesWithYah wrote:
While I understand your reasoning, it is dangerous to disagree with Yahshua:

Luke 22:15

Note I said "although it was passover..."

My point was, perhaps we don't understand it completely. More of a two-fold thing. Dinner and watch/vigil at the start after sundown, then the next day (daylight) the lamb is slayed between the evens (3pm to sundown). All occuring on Passover.
After sundown you eat the lamb completely and don't leave your house until morning.

Seems to coincide with the exodus, and Messiah fulfillment, otherwise there becomes some contradictions, and the picture being painted does not line up beautifully.
Offline cgb2  
#16 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 2:15:20 AM(UTC)
cgb2

I’ve written and got response to ISR scripture requesting they improve a verse in Matthew that really threw me about Passover….Here’s copy/paste:
==========================================================
Mat 26:17 And on the first day of Unleavened Bread the taught ones came to יהושע, saying to Him, “Where do You wish us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?”

Seemed to conflict with :

Lev 23:5 ‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, between the evenings, is the Passover to יהוה.
Lev 23:6 ‘And on the fifteenth day of this month is the Festival of Unleavened Bread to יהוה – seven days you eat unleavened bread.
Lev 23:7 ‘On the first day you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.
Lev 23:8 ‘And you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה for seven days. On the seventh day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.’ ”

On account that in Lev 23:7 the “first day” is a high Sabbath…and Messiah was the Passover lamb, mention of “preparation day”, body taken down and in the grave before the Sabbath, etc.
However I later considered (from details in Exodus) that Passover is part of Unleavened Bread and includes eating unleavened bread (for 7 days), and thereby Passover is 14th day of the month, Unleavened bread 15th day of the month (high sabbath) and then last 6 days (with the last day being a high Sabbath). Seems to make sense with YHWH’s typical 6+1=7 pattern.

Further confirmed by:
Exo 12:18 ‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, in the evening, you shall eat unleavened bread until the twenty-first day of the month in the evening.

So days 14-20 (until 21st day starting at sundown, but 21st not included) is 7 days total.

But I did find TWTY amplified translation much less confusing in that passage (“before” instead of “on”): http://www.thewaytoyahuw...rsion1/matthew#chapter26
Moreover, before the first and chief, principle and most important day of unfermented bread*, the disciples and followers, pupils and learners, apprentices and adherents came to and approached, turned and drew near to Yahushua*, saying and teaching, maintaining and affirming, directing and exhorting, advising and pointing out, “Where and in what place do you want and wish, prefer and aim, intend, will and desire for us to prepare and arrange, provide and make the necessary preparations for you to eat, devour and consume the Passover*?”
Offline cgb2  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 2:35:39 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Note the timeline of the details in exodus. They slayed the passover, then stayed in their house all night while the 1st born of mitsryim was wiped out, then departed during daylight the very next day...and specifically stated the 15th day. Some may argue to depart and travel and loot the egyptians was work and the 15th day is a high sabbath. Yet on closer examiniation YHWH said "after you enter the land (40 years later) it will be a sabbath to you".

Now think of how much better Messiah would have fulfilled the picture of this...commerative dinner/watch, slayed the next day during daylight as the PESACH (3pm-sundown), body taken down before sundown/high sabbath, in the tomb at start of high sabbath (death passing over with his covering)...etc
Offline cgb2  
#18 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 7:26:15 AM(UTC)
cgb2

How did ya'll celebrate firstfruits? Was thinking not much up here in high mountains of Colorado to wave as "a harvest", 'cept maybe some pine twigs and last years wild rose with rosehips, and maybe a silver coin (sure wouldn't use federal reserve notes since they are "dishonest weights and measures" to the extreme).

Instead, just observed it by reading Leviticus 23 and John 20...especially this detail:
Joh 20:17 יהושע said to her, “Do not hold on to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father. But go to My brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My Elohim and your Elohim.’ ”
Offline cgb2  
#19 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 3:19:03 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Ok, after re-reading exodus it does not specifically say they left mitsryim on 15th day. That was more by implication that the lamb is slayed between the evens which I understand to be 3pm to sundown, on the 14th day (not the 13th). Also doesn't the daylight hours of Messiah's trial & death make note that it was a preparation day before the sabbath and also they had to get his body down and in the tomb before the sabbath....could this have been the weekly sabbath? Just too many apparent conflicts to overcome, with the traditional sense.

I'd also like to correct that the first and last day of unleaved bread being a sabbath forever was given in exodus 12 (:17) even before death of firstborns passed over.
Offline cgb2  
#20 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 6:12:34 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Deu 16:1 “Guard the month of Aḇiḇ, and perform the Passover to יהוה your Elohim, for in the month of Aḇiḇ יהוה your Elohim brought you out of Mitsrayim by night.
Deu 16:2 “And you shall slaughter the Passover to יהוה your Elohim, from the flock and the herd, in the place where יהוה chooses to put His Name.
Deu 16:3 “Eat no leavened bread with it. For seven days you eat unleavened bread with it, bread of affliction, because you came out of the land of Mitsrayim in haste – so that you remember the day in which you came out of the land of Mitsrayim, all the days of your life.
Deu 16:4 “And no leaven should be seen with you in all your border for seven days, neither should any of the meat which you slaughter in the evening on the first day stay all night until morning.
Deu 16:5 “You are not allowed to slaughter the Passover within any of your gates which יהוה your Elohim gives you,
Deu 16:6 but at the place where יהוה your Elohim chooses to make His Name dwell, there you slaughter the Passover in the evening, at the going down of the sun, at the appointed time you came out of Mitsrayim.
Deu 16:7 “And you shall roast and eat it in the place which יהוה your Elohim chooses, and in the morning you shall turn and go to your tents.
Deu 16:8 “Six days you eat unleavened bread, and on the seventh day there is a closing festival to יהוה your Elohim – you do no work.
Offline cgb2  
#21 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 6:27:31 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Sorry about the +KJV, but needed to use it for strongs numbers in E-Sword

Note Lev 23:3 use of H7676 (sabbath) and also 23:11 (firstfruit morrow after sabbath)
Yet notice 1st and last day of unleavened bread (Lev 23:7-8) are refered to miqra (convocations) H4744 in that you do no work (but not sabbaths using H7676)
So not adding or taking away, Is it safe to conclude that Firstfruits is the day after the WEEKLY sabbath occuring during unleavened bread (not "high sabbath" unleavened - 15th day)? Also that the count for 7-7s Pentecost starts after that WEEKLY sabbath?

Lev 23:1 And the LORDH3068 spakeH1696 untoH413 Moses,H4872 saying,H559
Lev 23:2 SpeakH1696 untoH413 the childrenH1121 of Israel,H3478 and sayH559 untoH413 them, Concerning the feastsH4150 of the LORD,H3068 whichH834 (H853) ye shall proclaimH7121 to be holyH6944 convocations,H4744 even theseH428 are my feasts.H4150
Lev 23:3 SixH8337 daysH3117 shall workH4399 be done:H6213 but the seventhH7637 dayH3117 is the sabbathH7676 of rest,H7677 an holyH6944 convocation;H4744 ye shall doH6213 noH3808 H3605 workH4399 therein: itH1931 is the sabbathH7676 of the LORDH3068 in allH3605 your dwellings.H4186
Lev 23:4 TheseH428 are the feastsH4150 of the LORD,H3068 even holyH6944 convocations,H4744 whichH834 ye shall proclaimH7121 in their seasons.H4150
Lev 23:5 In the fourteenthH702 H6240 day of the firstH7223 monthH2320 atH996 evenH6153 is the LORD'SH3068 passover.H6453
Lev 23:6 And on the fifteenthH2568 H6240 dayH3117 of the sameH2088 monthH2320 is the feastH2282 of unleavened breadH4682 unto the LORD:H3068 sevenH7651 daysH3117 ye must eatH398 unleavened bread.H4682
Lev 23:7 In the firstH7223 dayH3117 ye shall haveH1961 an holyH6944 convocation:H4744 ye shall doH6213 noH3808 H3605 servileH5656 workH4399 therein.
Lev 23:8 But ye shall offerH7126 an offering made by fireH801 unto the LORDH3068 sevenH7651 days:H3117 in the seventhH7637 dayH3117 is an holyH6944 convocation:H4744 ye shall doH6213 noH3808 H3605 servileH5656 workH4399 therein.
Lev 23:9 And the LORDH3068 spakeH1696 untoH413 Moses,H4872 saying,H559
Lev 23:10 SpeakH1696 untoH413 the childrenH1121 of Israel,H3478 and sayH559 untoH413 them, WhenH3588 ye be comeH935 intoH413 the landH776 whichH834 IH589 giveH5414 unto you, and shall reapH7114 (H853) the harvestH7105 thereof, then ye shall bringH935 (H853) a sheafH6016 of the firstfruitsH7225 of your harvestH7105 untoH413 the priest:H3548
Lev 23:11 And he shall waveH5130 (H853) the sheafH6016 beforeH6440 the LORD,H3068 to be acceptedH7522 for you: on the morrowH4480 H4283 after the sabbathH7676 the priestH3548 shall waveH5130 it.
Lev 23:12 And ye shall offerH6213 that dayH3117 when ye waveH5130 (H853) the sheafH6016 an he lambH3532 without blemishH8549 of the firstH1121 yearH8141 for a burnt offeringH5930 unto the LORD.H3068
Lev 23:13 And the meat offeringH4503 thereof shall be twoH8147 tenth dealsH6241 of fine flourH5560 mingledH1101 with oil,H8081 an offering made by fireH801 unto the LORDH3068 for a sweetH5207 savour:H7381 and the drink offeringH5262 thereof shall be of wine,H3196 the fourthH7243 part of an hin.H1969
Lev 23:14 And ye shall eatH398 neitherH3808 bread,H3899 nor parched corn,H7039 nor green ears,H3759 untilH5704 the selfsameH2088 H6106 dayH3117 thatH5704 ye have broughtH935 (H853) an offeringH7133 unto your God:H430 it shall be a statuteH2708 for everH5769 throughout your generationsH1755 in allH3605 your dwellings.H4186
Lev 23:15 And ye shall countH5608 unto you from the morrowH4480 H4283 after the sabbath,H7676 from the dayH4480 H3117 that ye broughtH935 (H853) the sheafH6016 of the wave offering;H8573 sevenH7651 sabbathsH7676 shall beH1961 complete:H8549
Offline cgb2  
#22 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 6:36:01 PM(UTC)
cgb2

And again but in ISR 1998:
Lev 23:1 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,
Lev 23:2 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, and say to them, ‘The appointed times of יהוה, which you are to proclaim as set-apart gatherings, My appointed times, are these:
Lev 23:3 ‘Six days work is done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a set-apart gathering. You do no work, it is a Sabbath to יהוה in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:4 ‘These are the appointed times of יהוה, set-apart gatherings which you are to proclaim at their appointed times.
Lev 23:5 ‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, between the evenings, is the Passover to יהוה.
Lev 23:6 ‘And on the fifteenth day of this month is the Festival of Unleavened Bread to יהוה – seven days you eat unleavened bread.
Lev 23:7 ‘On the first day you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.
Lev 23:8 ‘And you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה for seven days. On the seventh day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.’ ”
Lev 23:9 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,
Lev 23:10 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, and you shall say to them, ‘When you come into the land which I give you, and shall reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the first-fruits of your harvest to the priest.
Lev 23:11 ‘And he shall wave the sheaf before יהוה, for your acceptance. On the morrow after the Sabbath the priest waves it.
Lev 23:12 ‘And on that day when you wave the sheaf, you shall prepare a male lamb a year old, a perfect one, as a burnt offering to יהוה,
Lev 23:13 and its grain offering: two-tenths of an ĕphah of fine flour mixed with oil, an offering made by fire to יהוה, a sweet fragrance, and its drink offering: one-fourth of a hin of wine.
Lev 23:14 ‘And you do not eat bread or roasted grain or fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your Elohim – a law forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:15 ‘And from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, you shall count for yourselves: seven completed Sabbaths.
Lev 23:16 ‘Until the morrow after the seventh Sabbath you count fifty days, then you shall bring a new grain offering to יהוה.
Offline lassie1865  
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 12:52:50 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I thought that the Feast of FirstFruits and the Wave Offering occurred on the "day after the Sabbath", in other words, on the first day of the week, after the 7th day Sabbath, or April 24?
Offline RidesWithYah  
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 1:07:06 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
So not adding or taking away, Is it safe to conclude that Firstfruits is the day after the WEEKLY sabbath occuring during unleavened bread (not "high sabbath" unleavened - 15th day)? Also that the count for 7-7s Pentecost starts after that WEEKLY sabbath?

That is my understanding as well.
However, several people I respect highly (including Yada) observe Firstfruits always on the 16th of Abib rather than fixing it to the first day of the week.

The biggest problem I see with that is counting "seven sabbaths" to the Feast of Weeks;
the argument commonly used is that they are "weeks" not "sabbaths", but I am not (yet?) convinced.

(Yada says that in 33AD, it was *both* -- the 16th was the first day of the week.)
Offline cgb2  
#25 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:43:08 AM(UTC)
cgb2

RidesWithYah wrote:
That is my understanding as well.
However, several people I respect highly (including Yada) observe Firstfruits always on the 16th of Abib rather than fixing it to the first day of the week.

The biggest problem I see with that is counting "seven sabbaths" to the Feast of Weeks;
the argument commonly used is that they are "weeks" not "sabbaths", but I am not (yet?) convinced.

(Yada says that in 33AD, it was *both* -- the 16th was the first day of the week.)

Yep, if first fruits is day after a weekly sabbath (1st day of the week) whether counting weekly sabbaths or as 7 days they still fall on a weekly sabbath.
Offline Matthew  
#26 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:52:05 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Swalchy has quite a lot to say on the subject, check out his blog posting HERE. See what you guys make of it. Will be good to see other people's opinions on his recent study of the Feasts dating.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#27 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2011 4:26:25 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Matthew, I read Swalchy's blog on when he thinks the dates are for Passover, Unleavened Bread, firstfruits, and feast of weeks.. I've never heard it that way before(regarding unleavened bread and FF), but his logic is sound. It comes down to the translations. I plan to look into the scripture myself and see what I think Yah was saying.
Offline Richard  
#28 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2011 12:48:57 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

I really enjoyed Swalchy's article. Thanks for the heads up!
Offline Striver  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:08:50 AM(UTC)
Striver

What bearing does "When you come into the land that I give to all of you, and reap its harvest..." have on the timeing?
Offline RidesWithYah  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:15:17 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Striver wrote:
What bearing does "When you come into the land that I give to all of you, and reap its harvest..." have on the timeing?

My take has been that they weren't to celebrate firstfruits after the exodus, while wandering in the wilderness, but only after entering the Promised Land. The fulfillment of this was in Joshua 5. I just led a study on this, and hope to post it soon.
Offline Matthew  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:24:00 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

The following links are also very useful:

http://www.karaite-korner.org/shavuot.shtml
http://www.karaite-korner.org/omer.shtml

PS: sorry I'm posting links more than my own words but they tend to cover the subject pretty well.
Offline Matthew  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:58:47 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Let me summarise:

Basically what it, and Swalchy, are saying is that the 14th (Passover) and 15th (Unleavened Bread) of the first month can fall on any day of the week; however, First Fruits always falls on the Sunday ("morrow after the Sabbath" Lev 23:16) during the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Therefore there can be days in between Unleavened Bread (1st day) and First Fruits.

First Fruits then is day 1 of the 50 day count until the Feast of Weeks/Pentecost. That would mean the following Sabbath is day 7, the next 14, 21, 28, 35, 32, and the 7th Sabbath being day 49. That means Weeks/Pentecost is always on a Sunday, the 1st day of the Scriptural week. By using the Sabbath to count is makes it a lot easier to determine when Weeks/Pentecost is.