logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Richard  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:42:15 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
tagim wrote:
Does anyone know where the writing is that alleges that Paul pushed James (brother of Yahowsha) down stairs, intending or nearly killed him?

I've never heard of that. Anybody? Anybody?
Offline tagim  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:22:59 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

I have read it somewhere, with citation, but lost it. Let the search go on! James may be a good source.
Offline tagim  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:25:20 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

What I read was that as a result of the fall, being thrown down stairs by Paul, James was unconscious, near died, broke both legs, and was taken home by ???
Offline tagim  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:39:47 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Well, I found it; do not know how to bring it here or what to think of it. It is on the site that encounterHim refers to above, two pages down, then click the article by JOHN OILER, entitled "JAMES, PAUL, AND THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS." It is there in the second page of that article. It appears this was before the conversion of Paul.
Offline cgb2  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:03:45 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I've also heard that amoungst the Dead Seas Scrolls are also a lot of public records. I've heard that one is a court transtript that has Kepha (Peter) questioning un unknown defendant along the lines of "if he appeared to you and told you to quit persecuting, does not then also mean he ordained you as an apostle"...

Seems Yahusua said no one would see him again until he returns, so whether Binny Hinn, Keneth Hagan, etc or Paul said they did, I'm skeptical.

John in Revelation is off the hook though since he had a glimpse into the future..."I was in the Spirit on the day of YHWH".
Offline Daniel  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:57:34 AM(UTC)
Daniel

cgb2 wrote:
I've also heard that amoungst the Dead Seas Scrolls are also a lot of public records. I've heard that one is a court transtript that has Kepha (Peter) questioning un unknown defendant along the lines of "if he appeared to you and told you to quit persecuting, does not then also mean he ordained you as an apostle"...

Sound like anyone we know?

;-)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Daniel  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:59:36 AM(UTC)
Daniel

tagim wrote:
It is on the site that encounterHim refers to above, two pages down, then click the article by JOHN OILER, entitled "JAMES, PAUL, AND THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS." It is there in the second page of that article. It appears this was before the conversion of Paul.

Worth reading.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline FredSnell  
#58 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:57:57 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Quote:
Daniel wrote:
Worth reading.

Daniel, I'm reading the, Magical Mystery Tours. It's pretty interesting also. If interested...http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/road-to-rome.htm#prison

p.s. tagim, you are a gumshoe, I'm certain..lol.
Offline tagim  
#59 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:36:00 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

encfounterHim, well it is in there; let me know what you think.
Offline Richard  
#60 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:38:53 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

http://www.sullivan-county.com/id2/james.htm wrote:
In the above 'Recognitions' we also learn of someone named Saul -"one of our enemies"- who, upon entering the Temple with a few others while James was reading and interpreting prophecy concerning Jesus, "began to cry out," and "while James the Bishop was refuting him" he "began to drive all into confusion with shouting, and undo what was arranged with much labor." A riot ensues, "in the midst of which, this enemy attacked James and threw him headlong from the top of the [Temple] steps, and, supposing him to be dead, cared not to inflict further violence upon him."

Though James doesn't die, both his legs are broken, so "our friends lifted him up...and we returned to the House of James, and spent the night there in prayer. Then, before daylight, we went down to Jericho, to the number of five thousand men [see Acts 4:4]."

All very interesting, but I must admit that it took a huge effort to slog through all the RCC sewage in which that quotation floats. O! How I love the purity and plain simplicity of Yahowah's Word! Religious clerics are so loathsome.
Offline FredSnell  
#61 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:30:17 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

flintface wrote:
All very interesting, but I must admit that it took a huge effort to slog through all the RCC sewage in which that quotation floats. O! How I love the purity and plain simplicity of Yahowah's Word! Religious clerics are so loathsome.

Hi ya, Richard! Hope you and the wife are feeling better? You are in my prayers bro! Hey, better get on board with religion buddy. I was looking at Joyce Myers or Meyers or what ever that cow calls herself, she has a compound that runs from here to Maine. Helpers9slaves) keeping it spotless all the while she jet sets around the world saving lives...darnit, I'm in the wrong business.
Offline Richard  
#62 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:35:29 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Yeah, well, that cow as you call her had better enjoy herself while she can, for there is reserved for her the blackness of darkness in the abyss, where she will spend eternity in solitary confinement, unable even to communicate with all the other enemies of Yahowah who are imprisoned with her. All alone with just her consciousness and her conscience and the knowledge that her arrogance allowed her to be willingly deceived.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes, bro.
Offline FredSnell  
#63 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 2:40:33 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

flintface wrote:
Yeah, well, that cow as you call her had better enjoy herself while she can, for there is reserved for her the blackness of darkness in the abyss, where she will spend eternity in solitary confinement, unable even to communicate with all the other enemies of Yahowah who are imprisoned with her. All alone with just her consciousness and her conscience and the knowledge that her arrogance allowed her to be willingly deceived.

Good morning, Richard. When I came across this verse this morning I just had to copy and paste it...

Amos 4:1
Hear this word, you cows of Bashan who are on the mountain of Samaria, Who oppress the poor, who crush the needy, Who say to your husbands, "Bring now, that we may drink!"
Offline Richard  
#64 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:32:24 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Amos 4:1 wrote:
Hear this word, you cows of Bashan who are on the mountain of Samaria,
Who oppress the poor, who crush the needy,
Who say to your husbands, "Bring now, that we may drink!"

Outstanding, EncounterHim! Of course, some frantic Christian, in an effort to defend their religion's founder, could seize on that passage as proof that Paul's stand against women was "of God." They would have to completely ignore the context and intent, but since when did that ever stop a religionist? Thanks for sharing!

Richard
Offline KM Richards  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:57:55 AM(UTC)
KM Richards

bigritchie wrote:
Pauline theology and filth occurs in every other non-disputed letter, Paul is still bogus, Paul is not magically resolved even if he did not write Galatians! In fact based on Romans and the Corinthians letters Paul is STILL a false prophet!

Wow...so is there any part of the NT that you believe is canonized by God???

If you accept any of it...it has to include Paul's writings, otherwise throw the entire New Testament out...

Do you believe the following excludes Paul....???

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

( the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy - Revelation 19:10 )
Offline James  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:36:11 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
KM Richards wrote:
Wow...so is there any part of the NT that you believe is canonized by God???

If you accept any of it...it has to include Paul's writings, otherwise throw the entire New Testament out...

This is total false logic. if i accept Revelation as being Scripture it does not necessitate that I accept Paul's writings as Scripture.

As it happens the only part of the "New Testament" I accept as the Word of God, is the words spoken by Yahowsha, in so far as they have been accurately translated into Greek, and accurately passed down to us.

KM Richards wrote:
Do you believe the following excludes Paul....???

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I absolutely believe that it this excludes Paul, just as it excludes Peter's letters. Paul did not give prophecy for one, short of his rapture talk which includes the rapture occurring in his lifetime something that didn't occur.

Please educate yourself on the books connected to this forum.

www.yadayahweh.com
www.questioningpaul.com

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline KM Richards  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:11:44 AM(UTC)
KM Richards

James wrote:
This is total false logic. if i accept Revelation as being Scripture it does not necessitate that I accept Paul's writings as Scripture.

I absolutely believe that it this excludes Paul, just as it excludes Peter's letters. Paul did not give prophecy for one, short of his rapture talk which includes the rapture occurring in his lifetime something that didn't occur.

So, you do conclude that God is incapable and has NO ability to provide one Book for mankind that is His Word???

I guess that means you are saying God is helpless to get His views across to mankind....interesting...

James wrote:
Please educate yourself on the books connected to this forum.

www.yadayahweh.com
www.questioningpaul.com

Why bother?

If these books are going to try and sell me on the idea that God is helpless and in incapable of providing His Word accurately to man...what would be the point???

I suppose next you are going to tell me Salvation requires works?
Offline James  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:43:17 AM(UTC)
James
Man

KM wrote:
So, you do conclude that God is incapable and has NO ability to provide one Book for mankind that is His Word???

I guess that means you are saying God is helpless to get His views across to mankind....interesting...

God has given man free will; therefore he cannot interfere with man corrupting His word.
Answer this one for me please. More than 300,000 variances have been documented between the oldest manuscripts of the Greek text, those dating to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and early 4th century, and the more modern ones. So where they right and then corrupted, or were they corrupted and then made right. Either way man tampered with God’s word.
Really it’s Satan’s oldest trick. It’s the same one he used with Chawah (there is no Eve in Scripture, eve is a pagan goddess) in the Garden, he twists what Yahowah said.
Facts are facts, and the facts are the text has been tampered with, do a little research and you will learn this.
KM wrote:

Why bother?

So you have an idea of what the people you are talking to understand and why. We have all taken a great deal of time to study Christian teachings, and understanding.

KM wrote:
If these books are going to try and sell me on the idea that God is helpless and in incapable of providing His Word accurately to man...what would be the point???

Well if you really think we are wrong, and you really want to save us, the only way you are going to be able to do that is to examine the evidence and reason that has lead us to the conclusions we have come to, and then show us where the reasoning is flawed.
Everyone here is very open to logic and reasoning. We are all willing to admit that we have been wrong and have had to change it. We have all rejected what we were taught for years because the evidence lead us that way. Most here come from a Christian background, many atheist or agnostics, but we all realized that we were wrong and left that, therefore it is evident that we are open to change if given reason. So if you really wish to engage us, and to show us that we are wrong you will take the time to learn the reasoning and the evidence and then engage us and show us where the evidence is wrong or the reasoning is flawed.
If you are truly interested in saving someone, or convincing them that they are wrong you are going about it all wrong. With the your methods you aren’t going to reach anyone.

KM wrote:

No actually, but if you had taken the time to get to know us you would already know this.

Offline Steve in PA  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:29:33 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
KM Richards wrote:

Yes... Salvation required work. If not for the Mighty Work done by His Right Arm, The Messiah Yahusha ... none would be saved.
Offline Richard  
#70 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:03:37 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

KM Richards wrote:

Your guess is wrong.

The pride and arrogance dripping from your words is bitterly strong, KMR. You would do well to heed the advice of James and others here. Bluntly stated, what is being advised is this:

1. Keep silence.
2. Be still.
3. Read the documents associated with this forum.
4. Carefully consider and thoroughly verify the evidence presented.
5. Then make an informed decision about where you are going to go with your life.

You arrived at this web site for a purpose. You have been given an opportunity by Yahowah to inspect the truth. What you do with this opportunity is up to you. Everyone here fervently hopes that you make the wise choice.

Respectfully,

Richard McCord
Offline dajstill  
#71 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 3:14:15 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have to say, my faith, my walk, my journey, and my understanding got so much more clear when I finally dropped Paul. I must admit, having issues with many of the writings of Paul got me started on my journey - it just didn't make sense. He got confusing, said conflicting things, and was being used by many a Christian friend to justify a "do what you like" lifestyle. Paul colored my view of the Torah from childhood as something "bad", even a "curse".

I don't know if Paul is a brother or not. The "New Testament" has been so corrupted that I don't know what he really did and didn't say. I have to say that for the "average" Christian - the writings of Paul as they stand in English translations are against Torah and against Yahweh. The writings attributed to Paul make the case for an "Old Testament" God and a "New Testament" God. They glorify "Jesus" as if He someone came to "correct" God (you "were" under the "law"; now you are under "grace") - these type of sayings put into conflict Yahowah as Yahoshua instead of having them work in one accord. We may come to find that Paul's words were heavily corrupted, or that Paul wrote only sections of those works and others inserted at random will.

Some of the things that troubled me about Paul was that Peter was clearly sent to the gentiles (when his vision was explained to him) - so why the need to come back and do a miraculous conversion of Paul? That is what I don't understand. After Paul's conversion - the apostles were still persecuted as were other believers in Yahoshua. I can't say for sure what the conversion of Paul accomplished; except for giving us much of the Christianity we know today. This Christianity that has people stuck being so close, in yet so far from Yahowah.

The writings of Paul have some really profound statements, but they also have some statements that MUST be considered nothing short of heresy. Again, it may be corruption of the text, but it still is what is causing a "mystery religion" to be veiled as truth. Without Paul, almost every Christian I know would be calling on the name of Yah (I believe, but who knows what roads would have converged in the past 2,000 years).

My mother has also come to know Yahowah and we have been doing quite a bit of study together. Our only area of convergence is that I threw out Paul completely and she did not. Even with her knowledge of Yahowah, she still holds beliefs that can only be found in the writings of Paul (like speaking in tongues). Some of her favorite scriptures are in the writing of Paul, so she can't give him up. I can only think of the writings of Paul as being like satan in the garden - being knowledge of good mixed with evil. Even Paul's writing describing love is against Yah (Paul says love is NEVER jealous, while Yahowah who IS love says He is a jealous God).

In just two books (Timothy and Titus) the writings attributed to Paul undid much of the work of Yahoshua here on earth. Yahoshua broke religious bonds off of us by showing that we weren't under the false teachings of the rabbi, only under the words of Yah in the Torah. The writings of Paul then created a new church hierarchy just as damning and dangerous as the Rabbinical priests. In fact, it was almost worse because at least some of the teachings of the Rabbi could be tied to the Torah and people would be celebrating at least 6 or the 7 feasts and keeping Sabbath.

The writings of Paul also called into question the work of Yahoshua in calling the Twelve. It almost seems as if Yahoshua maybe called the "wrong twelve" and thus needed to come back and make up for His mistake by doing a dramatic (and forced) conversion of Paul. Eleven of the 12 were still around during the conversion of Paul, as were many others that had sat at the feet of Yahoshua, why the need for Paul in particular? Again, it didn't stop the persecution of the followers of Yahoshua, so what exactly was such a strange conversion needed for?

I, in my feeble little mind, cannot reconcile the writings of Paul with the rest of Scripture. I am forced to either accept the rest of Scripture or accept Paul. The vast majority of Christianity has accepted Paul. If they clung to Peter, we wouldn't have such a Laodecian "church". If they had clung to James and even John - again, there wouldn't be such confusion. Only in clinging to the writings of Paul do we get the Christianity we have today. And no one can ever explain exactly "why" Paul? His conversion isn't predicted anywhere in Scripture, and someone with such foundational views as how to "structure a church", views of marriage inconsistent with the Torah, views of women inconsistent with the Torah, views of secular leadership inconsistent with the rest of Scripture (especially Romans) - certainly there should have been some prophesy about one coming after Yahoshua that would "make right" peoples understandings of the Torah. Even going to the other disciples and debating what gentiles "really needed to do" considering there had up to that point always been ONE Torah for the children of Israel and the stranger - just one. Only Paul created the notion (eventually backed to an extent of a "starting point" by the others) that there were somehow two rules - one for the "Jew" and one for the "gentile".

The biggest thing that frustrates me though, is that many of my friends and family, those that in their heart do love what they know of God and believe of God - may well have to endure the Tribulation. And the reason for that is the words attributed to Paul. It is the words of Paul that make them feel they don't need to keep the Feasts, the words of Paul that tell them they don't need to honor the Sabbath, the words of Paul that tell them they are "under Grace" and are not "under the Law". My friends and family would honestly do whatever they thought was required of them, they just cannot look past Paul to find truth. Even when they are presented with truth, they cannot reconcile it with Paul.

Again, Paul may be just as appalled by what has happened to his letters, I don't know. I cannot judge Paul. I can, however, judge the writings attributed to him. The fact that they are so easily "twisted" shows that something is amiss. In order to twist the Torah, the Rabbi needed to create "another" document - they needed to add to the Torah. If Jews simply cling to the Torah and ignore the Rabbi, they are on the path. They can even find Yahoshua in the prophets. The writings of Paul are different, they didn't "add" to the Torah, they negated the Torah. Again, Paul may be just as hurt and my heart will break for him if he truly didn't write these things, or wrote them with a limited understanding only to come into more complete knowledge later. He didn't ask for his writings to become "scripture" none of the "New Testament" writers did. They were simply writings letters or giving historical accounts for their day. I can't find anywhere that someone said "and this is just as relevant as the writings of Moses" or "study these words as often as you read the Torah". But we still need to be clear that there is no confusion with Yahowah, and if anyone is causing their to be confusion - they must be put aside. Paul doesn't give me a better understanding of Torah - at all.
Offline FredSnell  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:04:09 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I read your comment at least 4 times now. You sound just like the rest of us after coming to realize somethings wrong. Who did what, is the biggest question. I think we recognize, the why it happened. You write very well and make your points clear, alot better than I can, and I do agree with what you put into type. Wonderfully put!!!
Offline tagim  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:56:50 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Yes, Dajstill, all you write is true and beautifully articulated, as EncounterHim has said. Your posts are truly enjoyable to read, and welcome to the forum.
Offline cgb2  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:17:08 AM(UTC)
cgb2

dajstill wrote:
I have to say, my faith, my walk, my journey, and my understanding got so much more clear when I finally dropped Paul. I must admit, having issues with many of the writings of Paul got me started on my journey - it just didn't make sense. He got confusing, said conflicting things, and was being used by many a Christian friend to justify a "do what you like" lifestyle. Paul colored my view of the Torah from childhood as something "bad", even a "curse".

Mine too. It's amazing the scriptural harmony with Yahowsha's words (red letter :) when one finally throws out Paul's writings. I read and was confronted with the issues in http://questioningpaul.com and also http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/ (BTW: the author is reported to know his real name, but wants people to search, find & read it). Then I took a pause and tried to ignore Paul for a while, even giving him the benefit of the doubt to get along with some Hebrew Roots, Christians and Messianic types (Shaw'ul was pro-Torah and misunderstood). As I avoided Paul's writings and revistited the T/P/P and Yahowsha's words it was like constantly it was in my face how bad Paul contradicted them, and Yahowsha's prophetic warnings specific to Paul.

dajstill wrote:
I don't know if Paul is a brother or not. The "New Testament" has been so corrupted that I don't know what he really did and didn't say. I have to say that for the "average" Christian - the writings of Paul as they stand in English translations are against Torah and against Yahweh. The writings attributed to Paul make the case for an "Old Testament" God and a "New Testament" God. They glorify "Jesus" as if He someone came to "correct" God (you "were" under the "law"; now you are under "grace") - these type of sayings put into conflict Yahowah as Yahoshua instead of having them work in one accord. We may come to find that Paul's words were heavily corrupted, or that Paul wrote only sections of those works and others inserted at random will.

Some of the oldest Manuscripts are of Paul's writings, so that really doesn't let him off the hook. Here's some hard hitting points in brief soundbite form:

The fact that Paul claimed to see Yahowsha' on the road to Damascus in light of what Yahowsha' said about individuals who make such claims is game over.

The fact that Paul quoted Dionysus during that encounter is game over.

The fact that Paul spoke against circumcision is game over.

The fact that Paul's one prophecy was wrong is game over.

The fact that Paul misquoted the Torah is game over.

The fact that Paul said that the Torah could not save is game over.

When Paul misstated the events at the Jerusalem Summit, it was game over.

When Paul admitted to being demon possessed it was game over.

When Paul said that he pretended to be whatever was expedient, it was game over.

But if you want to boil it all down to one argument, when Paul wrote of two covenants, not one, with the one memorialized on Mount Sinai being of Hagar and enslaving, the case against him became irrefutable.

One of the reasons that people get all caught up justifying Paul is because of the way he wrote. Other than speaking against circumcision, he was circuitous by design. So until you understand his ploy, the half truths which permeate his arguments can be taken out of context and misinterpreted.

When a man or woman are honestly mistaken and hears the truth, they will either stop being mistaken or cease to be honest.

dajstill wrote:
Some of the things that troubled me about Paul was that Peter was clearly sent to the gentiles (when his vision was explained to him) - so why the need to come back and do a miraculous conversion of Paul? That is what I don't understand. After Paul's conversion - the apostles were still persecuted as were other believers in Yahoshua. I can't say for sure what the conversion of Paul accomplished; except for giving us much of the Christianity we know today. This Christianity that has people stuck being so close, in yet so far from Yahowah.

That Yahowsha so failed in training & equipping his disciples that a super-apostle exclusive to the gentiles was needed is preposterous. Nor does Yahowsha ever even prophetically declare that would occur. But he did state "I come in my fathers name...but another will come in his name and him you will accept" and he'll even be able to perform miracles to fool you, etc.

dajstill wrote:
The writings of Paul have some really profound statements, but they also have some statements that MUST be considered nothing short of heresy. Again, it may be corruption of the text, but it still is what is causing a "mystery religion" to be veiled as truth. Without Paul, almost every Christian I know would be calling on the name of Yah (I believe, but who knows what roads would have converged in the past 2,000 years).

If 100% lies it would only fool a fool, but mix truth with deadly lies it becomes very beguiling.

dajstill wrote:
My mother has also come to know Yahowah and we have been doing quite a bit of study together. Our only area of convergence is that I threw out Paul completely and she did not. Even with her knowledge of Yahowah, she still holds beliefs that can only be found in the writings of Paul (like speaking in tongues). Some of her favorite scriptures are in the writing of Paul, so she can't give him up. I can only think of the writings of Paul as being like satan in the garden - being knowledge of good mixed with evil. Even Paul's writing describing love is against Yah (Paul says love is NEVER jealous, while Yahowah who IS love says He is a jealous God).

Interesting you mention tongues. As manuscripts testify, there is also a portion scribes added to the end of Mark in the 400's, Mark 16:9-20. I jokingly refer to it as the appalacian pentecostal snake handler, poison drinking and tongue talking enabling passage.

dajstill wrote:
In just two books (Timothy and Titus) the writings attributed to Paul undid much of the work of Yahoshua here on earth. Yahoshua broke religious bonds off of us by showing that we weren't under the false teachings of the rabbi, only under the words of Yah in the Torah. The writings of Paul then created a new church hierarchy just as damning and dangerous as the Rabbinical priests. In fact, it was almost worse because at least some of the teachings of the Rabbi could be tied to the Torah and people would be celebrating at least 6 or the 7 feasts and keeping Sabbath.

Seems especially the ones who have the most difficulty giving up Paul are those who desire/make a buck or a living selling God. Without Paul, religious institutions and their funding seem to crumble.
Note in Timothy 1:15 all of Asia eventually rejected Paul. I suppose that also includes the Bereans ;^) .
Also seems Luke, although beguiled by Paul, was an accurate historian. In fact much of his accounts unwittingly exposes Paul. For instance Acts 19:1-9 (esp 9) collaborates the "way to go" statement in Revelation 2:1-2. Acts 15 exposes Paul's lies about the Jerusalem summit in Galations. Not to mention the 3 conflicting Acts accounts on the road to Damascus on who heard, saw, and the last to Aggrippa conflicting the previous 2 in that he was dubbed apostle on the spot.

dajstill wrote:
The writings of Paul also called into question the work of Yahoshua in calling the Twelve. It almost seems as if Yahoshua maybe called the "wrong twelve" and thus needed to come back and make up for His mistake by doing a dramatic (and forced) conversion of Paul. Eleven of the 12 were still around during the conversion of Paul, as were many others that had sat at the feet of Yahoshua, why the need for Paul in particular? Again, it didn't stop the persecution of the followers of Yahoshua, so what exactly was such a strange conversion needed for?

Great point. Also seems himself and Luke was his only witness (2 or 3 witnesses?), and 2nd Peter was even considered a forgery by some of the "church fathers" (if any bring up chapter 3 endorsement).
Consider the possibility that rather than physically murdering tens or hundreds, the adversary could instead use this willing confessed demoniac (2nd Cor 12:7) to spiritually murder billions by twisting & confusion, new replacement covenant and such. Interesting fullfilment of Gen 49:1 and verse 27 about history's most famous Benjamite.
In studying the further evolution I also find Marcion to be a fitting and extreme example of Paul's teachings totally divorced from the T/P/P/ and Yahowsha's words.
https://secure.wikimedia...pedia/en/wiki/Marcionism

dajstill wrote:
I, in my feeble little mind, cannot reconcile the writings of Paul with the rest of Scripture. I am forced to either accept the rest of Scripture or accept Paul. The vast majority of Christianity has accepted Paul. If they clung to Peter, we wouldn't have such a Laodecian "church". If they had clung to James and even John - again, there wouldn't be such confusion. Only in clinging to the writings of Paul do we get the Christianity we have today. And no one can ever explain exactly "why" Paul? His conversion isn't predicted anywhere in Scripture, and someone with such foundational views as how to "structure a church", views of marriage inconsistent with the Torah, views of women inconsistent with the Torah, views of secular leadership inconsistent with the rest of Scripture (especially Romans) - certainly there should have been some prophesy about one coming after Yahoshua that would "make right" peoples understandings of the Torah. Even going to the other disciples and debating what gentiles "really needed to do" considering there had up to that point always been ONE Torah for the children of Israel and the stranger - just one. Only Paul created the notion (eventually backed to an extent of a "starting point" by the others) that there were somehow two rules - one for the "Jew" and one for the "gentile".

Yes, the more you examine it, the stronger it becomes. Paul cleverly contradicted by twisting things. Also in Galations he boasted that he was a Pharisee of Pharisees and therfore knew the torah perfectly. What a line since Yahowsha condemned the scribes/Pharisees as sons of serpents and of their father the adversary. On further examination it seems much of what Paul taught was oral law (later codified into mishna & talmud). Although Christianity/Paul teaches the Torah as a cruel taskmaster, it's liberating once you compare what a burdensome stone Paul's writings are...do this, don't do that, women shall remain silent, submit to religious authorities and pay them, etc. So many rules and regulations.

dajstill wrote:
The biggest thing that frustrates me though, is that many of my friends and family, those that in their heart do love what they know of God and believe of God - may well have to endure the Tribulation. And the reason for that is the words attributed to Paul. It is the words of Paul that make them feel they don't need to keep the Feasts, the words of Paul that tell them they don't need to honor the Sabbath, the words of Paul that tell them they are "under Grace" and are not "under the Law". My friends and family would honestly do whatever they thought was required of them, they just cannot look past Paul to find truth. Even when they are presented with truth, they cannot reconcile it with Paul.

Yes that strong delusion is a hard one to shake.

dajstill wrote:
Again, Paul may be just as appalled by what has happened to his letters, I don't know. I cannot judge Paul. I can, however, judge the writings attributed to him. The fact that they are so easily "twisted" shows that something is amiss. In order to twist the Torah, the Rabbi needed to create "another" document - they needed to add to the Torah. If Jews simply cling to the Torah and ignore the Rabbi, they are on the path. They can even find Yahoshua in the prophets. The writings of Paul are different, they didn't "add" to the Torah, they negated the Torah. Again, Paul may be just as hurt and my heart will break for him if he truly didn't write these things, or wrote them with a limited understanding only to come into more complete knowledge later. He didn't ask for his writings to become "scripture" none of the "New Testament" writers did. They were simply writings letters or giving historical accounts for their day. I can't find anywhere that someone said "and this is just as relevant as the writings of Moses" or "study these words as often as you read the Torah". But we still need to be clear that there is no confusion with Yahowah, and if anyone is causing their to be confusion - they must be put aside. Paul doesn't give me a better understanding of Torah - at all.

Yes, but with your apparent willingness to search and follow Yah wherever it leads you, I think over time it will increasingly destroy the "Paul was misunderstood" possibility. It sure has with me.
Offline FredSnell  
#75 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:35:43 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

This is all just reaffirming to me. I had a pentecostal member today ask me, "in whose' name was I baptized in". To his credit he waited for me to point him towards the Torah, but I soon heard as why, when he went into the, 'gift of speaking in tongues."

cgb2, one day I hope to have those same answers ready as you stated above, in my mind, and ready to shoot down so I can put to rest these false arguments quickly. I know "tongues" is just foreign language, but how can you convince a strong pentecostal member of it.

I had a long paragraph about the entire (story) mess, but shoot, I tossed it just b/c, he (Dale) and then the JWs that happened into our conversation just ended up pissin me off that I told em, "to keep going on talking, I'm leaving." I got my piece in and split. It was alot of finger pointing from me is all and I started getting mad so I'll not rehash it b/c my temper was up there and I don't need that right now.
Offline tagim  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:03:48 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

cgb2, dajstill, your dialogue/discourse (?) is such a delight to read. dajstill, you appear to have an extremely perceptive mind that enables you to read difficult passages, discern and pull the meat from it all and then to lay it like a Vegas buffet. Compliment and affirmation, what a pair.

I feel indeed fortunate to be able to read each day's posting, and especially fortunate to read what you two have written; makes my day. Now knowing why EH was off the board for a spell, am now delighted to see him back on stride. Knowing somewhat the background of numerous members of the board, their profound knowledge of scripture, giants, I call them, it would be icing on the cake for them to become as involved as the two of you currently are. Prod them. March on. Thank you.
Offline dajstill  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:53:06 PM(UTC)
dajstill

I haven't declared Paul (yet) an enemy of Yahowah, I can easily consider every book attributed to him as being anti-Yahowah. Every single letter has a "little something" that just isn't right. Of course, most of the letters have a LOT of something that isn't right.

For instance, I hadn't even thought about him restricting tithes going to widows under the age of 60! What a horrid man to let a widow go hungry because she is young and his mind - must mean she is somehow horny! His entire Tirade about widows in 1 Timothy 5: 9 - 11 is just plain horrible! Saying that not only must a widow be 60, she has must have a LONG list of other things she needs to have done in order to receive the tithe given to her by Yahowah in His Torah. Paul talked of "the Law" being a curse, when his rules are much worse and much more stringent than anything in the Torah! In fact, the "must" have done "every" good work - including washing people's feet, lodging strangers, raising kids, relieved the afflicted - oh my word! I wil
cgb2 wrote:
Mine too. It's amazing the scriptural harmony with Yahowsha's words (red letter :) when one finally throws out Paul's writings. I read and was confronted with the issues in http://questioningpaul.com and also http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/ (BTW: the author is reported to know his real name, but wants people to search, find & read it). Then I took a pause and tried to ignore Paul for a while, even giving him the benefit of the doubt to get along with some Hebrew Roots, Christians and Messianic types (Shaw'ul was pro-Torah and misunderstood). As I avoided Paul's writings and revistited the T/P/P and Yahowsha's words it was like constantly it was in my face how bad Paul contradicted them, and Yahowsha's prophetic warnings specific to Paul.

Thanks for the "jesuswordsonly" website. I had no idea that the name "Pauxillus" meant "Least" and saw that "Paulus" means "small". This TRULY brings to life the words of Yahoshua that those who teach against the law will be known as "the Least in the kingdom" (Matt. 5:19). Now I wonder, will they actually "be" in the Kingdom, or when they are remembered they will be called "Paulus". The person does a really great job in dealing with piece by piece the teachings of Paul. There are a couple things on the site I don't agree with, but their work is very solid.

With the conversion encounter I truly believe Paul's spoke with Satan. I have also seen it pointed out that the seven assemblies addressed in Revelations is not the seven assemblies Paul wrote to - none of them are mentioned. However, the case has been made pretty clear that Revelation 17:9 (the seven hills city) is Rome and in particular, Vatican City. Of course, Rome did receive a specific letter from Paul. And, in Romans he specifically tells people to obey their "leaders".

Someone had also posted this a while back http://www.worldandi.com...ic/2004/april/mtpub2.asp which shows how many of the writings attributed to Paul were founded in Plato, not in Scripture. Considering the education of Paul (which he brags about quite a bit) it makes sense that he would be familiar with these teachings.

One thing I still have trouble reconciling is 2 Peter 3:15 as well as Acts account of the disciples dealings with Paul. Were they deceived by Paul? Did they rebuke Paul and those rebukes have been edited out of the NT? Was there "another" person named Paul? That is the only thing bugging me. Were they the ones Yahoshua mentioned would be fooled as well? That is honestly the one reason I have stuck with the "maybe Paul's words got corrupted" idea. But, his "conversion" is such a thorn to me that I can, with full confidence of heart - skip over every writing attributed to him. Whilel take Torah any day. Yahoshua was right - His yoke is easy and His burden is light!

Again, if I could just reconcile if the disciples did indeed consider Paul a "brother" and if they were speaking of a different Paul, were deceived by Paul or Paul's words are now so corrupted that would be great. It is the one thing standing in the way of people like my mom from completely rejecting Paul. However, I can with great confidence of heart - throw out every writing attributed to Paul. In throwing out Paul - I was pretty much forced to throw out Christianity completely as well. You simply cannot have Christianity without him.

And - thanks to everyone for the dialog. It is so wonderful to be able to "talk" with others to find more understanding. I get pushed here daily to study more, learn more, grow more, and get closer to Yahowah. I count each of you as a true brother and sister because you all keep me seeking the Father. I wouldn't be this far in my journey without each of you. Even combing through post from years ago I am learning and growing. I sincerely thank Yahowah for each of you!
Offline FredSnell  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:07:01 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

dajstill wrote:
I haven't declared Paul (yet) an enemy of Yahowah, I can easily consider every book attributed to him as being anti-Yahowah. Every single letter has a "little something" that just isn't right. Of course, most of the letters have a LOT of something that isn't right.

I couldn't remember where I put this, but after a little digging I did remember. I would say, "enjoy," but really, how can anyone enjoy what Paul did to Yahs Torah. So I'll say, "hold you nose, it's about to get stinky."

http://qumran.com/paul/index.html
Offline James  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:14:48 AM(UTC)
James
Man

dajstill wrote:
Again, if I could just reconcile if the disciples did indeed consider Paul a "brother" and if they were speaking of a different Paul, were deceived by Paul or Paul's words are now so corrupted that would be great. It is the one thing standing in the way of people like my mom from completely rejecting Paul. However, I can with great confidence of heart - throw out every writing attributed to Paul. In throwing out Paul - I was pretty much forced to throw out Christianity completely as well. You simply cannot have Christianity without him.

While I am of the opinion that the apostles reaction to Paul is irrelevant, either what he taught is in line with Scripture or it isn't, if I were to speculate I would say that they were confused by Paul as are many. Having never really spent much time in Paul (I spent most of my life agnostic and when I came to know Yah I started in the Towrah and have not spent a lot of time in the NT or Paul) when I do read him now I still find myself confused by his writings. He'll spend 5 paragraphs railing against the Torah and then tell us we should keep it. Paul himself said that he changed for his audience being all things to all people so as to win all. So he could be out teaching against Torah and then when he meet with the apostles be pro Torah, so I could see them easily not knowing what to make of him. I do find it interesting after the Jerusalem summit they sent someone along with Paul, almost like they wanted someone to keep tabs on him. So it seems to me that the apostles were somewhat concerned by Paul, although they weren't ready to confront him face to face. Peter even calls Paul's writings confusing in one of his epistles. Although I find it hard to read the epistle of Ya'aqob/James and not see it as a response to what Paul was teaching.

To me nothing of Paul's story makes sense. Yahowsha had picked twelve men to follow Him, He spent three years teaching them, and they witnessed His life. He told us to beware of those that claimed to see Him in the wilderness, and that when He returned that all would see Him. So why a short time after all this did he appear to a lone man in the middle of nowhere and task him to spread the message. And as has already been pointed out Paul's claim to be sent to the gentiles is negated by the fact that Yahowsha appeared in a dream to Peter and tasked him to spread the message to the gentiles.

All we know of Paul is what is written of him in Acts and what he wrote in his epistles. So if the epistles we have aren't trustworthy we know practically nothing about what he actually taught because little is recorded in Acts of what he taught. Although Acts does make it very clear that Paul preached against circumcision, and since we know Yah's position on circumcision that alone is enough for me to dismiss Paul. So Paul is either unknowable or wrong. The only other option is to weed out all the errant stuff he said and attribute it to someone else and only keep what he said that was right, but there really isn't enough evidence for me to do that.

Offline dajstill  
#80 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:28:10 AM(UTC)
dajstill

This is really, really helping me guys! Getting Paul out of the system of a former Christian is like a recovering addict going through withdrawal. While the process is painful to watch and experience, one must get the "drug" completely out of the system for true healing to begin. I am now ready with my personal view of Paul. The BEST I can give Paul is that he is 1st century manifestation of Balaam. In fact, his entire story perfectly mimics that of Balaam.

The first time we see Balaam - he is on his way to persecute (curse) the people of Yah
The first time we see Paul/Saul - he is on his way to persecute (kill) the people of Yah.

Next, we see a dramatic encounter of Balaam in which he is blasted for persecuting the people of Yah
Next, we see a dramatic encounter of Paul in which he is blasted for persecuting the people of Yah

Our next encounter we see Balaam actually bless the people of Yah - he seems like a really good guy now!
Our next encounter with Paul we actually see him blessing the people of Yah - he seems like a really good guy now!

Our final encounter with Balaam - he is teaching how to deceive the people of Yah, specifically in regards to having them eat meat sacrificed to idols
Our final encounter with Paul - he is teaching how to deceive the people of Yah, specifically in regards to eating meat sacrificed to idols

Like Paul, if you read just a part of the story of Balaam - he seems like a really cool guy! However, what Balaam did was much worse in that cursing Israel - he caused Israel to curse themselves. The same is true with Paul. Persecuting the children of Yah and believers in Yahoshua was bad, but not nearly as bad as what we have today. Through the works of Paul, those who should be followers of Yah have been cursing themselves by eating meat sacrificed to idols and other things against Torah.

From the story of Balaam I learned three key things today:
1. Dramatic experiences are reserved for those that don't know Yah. After their encounter - they are still not to be trusted, worshiped, or obeyed.
2. Just because someone speaks a blessing or kind words to the people of Yah doesn't mean their heart is right. No one with power (including the power of divination from Satan) will be allowed to curse the people of Yah. Their words may sweet, but it doesn't mean their heart has changed.
3. No matter how many blessings Balaam, Paul, or anyone else spoke, no matter how accurate their words, no matter how many "good" things they say; they rarely depart from their ultimate goal. While they no longer have the power to "kill" you, they can through deception have you commit "suicide" by intentionally disobeying Yah and disregarding His Torah.

So, Paul "may" have had an experience, that doesn't mean he became a true teacher of Yahowah or Yahoshua. Paul, like Balaam, is confusing because at first it seems Yahowah changed him "for the good". However, Yahowah merely stopped Paul's ability to curse or "kill" His people. He didn't forever anoint, appoint, sanction, or assign Paul to His people. However, any victims of Paul should be looked at as suicide. When I was a Christian I was killing myself by disregarding Torah (disregarding being different than trying but falling short). 3/4 of the "bible" told me to follow Torah, there is no way Paul should have been able to deceive me. All the true Scriptures (Torah, Prophets, Psalms) tell me to obey Torah. The words of Yahoshua ALL tell me to obey Torah. I cannot blame Paul for my failures. In fact, Yahoshua warned repeatedly that some would have signs and do many things in His name - but do not follow them. I missed that, that was my fault. I must repent for that. While I can be angry with Paul and his writings, my frustration is with myself. Paul himself told of his struggles with good and evil. In Romans 7 he goes into great detail that he cannot do good because evil is inside of him! Paul was showing him becoming mad. Because, like Balaam his "mind" said good things, but he was still filled with evil. At one point Balaam could ONLY say what Yah told him to say, but his heart, his flesh, his entire being was still evil. The same with Paul that while at times Yah may have had him speak certain things - he being was still evil. Why I blindly followed a man that even himself admitted his was full of evil is my own fault. But, bless Yahowah, He told me how to be free! In fact - Matthew 7, Yahoshua Himself told me what to do. Yahoshua Himself said the "lawless" will be sent away from Him - irregardless on ANY good work they do in His Name.

I think I am finally at the end of my "Pauline detox". It wasn't enough to know his writings weren't good and to ignore them, I had to get over 30 years of Paul completely out of my system. Now, finally, the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms can be set in my mind without competing with Paul, without being filtered through Paul, without being confused by Paul.
Offline James  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:08:54 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I think what makes Paul so appealing to Christians is it is an emotional story. Paul's "conversion" is similar to most Christians, it happened out of the blue with out any study or coming to know. It's similar to the story of the drug addict who on the verge of an overdose finds a Gideon's bible in the hotel and finds Christ and turns his life around. Christian churches are full of the story of the person going astray in the sinners life having a cataclysmic event and then giving their life over to Christ. Everyone loves a story of redemption, just watch look at all the movies about characters who start off bad and change. If Paul's story had him studying Scripture or perhaps engaging in discussion and coming to realize he was wrong I might be more apt to believe it, than a dramatic encounter when he was all by himself.

Offline dajstill  
#82 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:29:53 AM(UTC)
dajstill

I think Christians like Paul because Christians are taught to read scripture passages - often times completely out of context. Pick a topic, look up "a" verse, and cling to "that verse" in complete isolation of every other verse around it or how it fits with the bible as a whole. I have been in churches in the past where I knew a passage was taken out of context. I actually say one time when a passage was speaking about satan, but the person preaching was reading as if it was about "Jesus" and the congregation applauded. I wasn't even in truth at the time, but looked at my husband and said "its about satan!" and showed him the entire chapter. We were appalled (and left that church, only to go to another that did the same one verse of a chapter of a book sort of thing).

But, taking Paul solely on individual verses - he has written some really cool things. Of course, many of those cool things don't line up with the rest of scripture. However, you would have to know the rest of scripture to realize that. However, in looking over some of the things of Paul - he did the same thing! He would often take scriptures out of context.

I didn't realize Paul was in opposition to Yahoshua because I didn't distinguish really who was saying what in scripture. I often times didn't know who was speaking. Now that I see more clearly and am studying on my own - it is clear.

One of the most dangerous things Paul did was himself telling people NOT to study. For instance, 1 Corinthians deals extensively with wisdom being destroyed (quoting Isaiah and probably out of context). In the 2nd chapter he even goes to say that he didn't come in "man's wisdom, but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power). Of course, Yahoshua told us that it was a wicked generation that sought for a sign! Yahoshua came showing that He was fulfilling the prophesies that had been written. This means one would need to study to understand what it was Yahoshua was doing. In fact, had the people been studying Torah instead of focusing on the writings of the rabbi of their time they would have clearly been able to see who Yahoshua was and what He was doing.

Paul turned the focus of people to the concept of "spiritual" knowledge, and that "spiritual" knowledge is supposedly "foolish" to anyone who isn't spiritual. It provided great cover for his confusing and contradictory writings - you might not understand because you are looking at them "in the flesh" and not "in the spirit". They don't line up with scripture because you are not "spiritual" enough to understand them.

While Yahoshua told us that our Spiritual Mother would come to help us understand all things, She helps us understand the true meaning of the Torah, not some new and contradictory thing. Just reading through 1 Corinthians, almost every scripture Paul is supposedly quoting - he is partially quoting and using the quote completely out of context. I understand that the Scriptures didn't originally have chapter/verse titles - but that is all the more reason not to take one sentence in isolation. In fact, during the encounter between Yahoshua and Satan - it shows us exactly WHO started the entire take a scripture of of context thing - Satan himself! Yahoshua then told us how to counter this "pick and choose" - Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4 record that Yahoshua told Satan that we are to live by EVERY WORD that proceeded from the mouth of Yah. Paul, again came and quickly sided again with the enemy by teaching Christian to go through any part of the Scripture, find something you like, and use it as you please. This is an example set by Satan, not by Yahoshua. Of course, by living by every Word from Yah - Christians would have to admit that the observing the Torah was still important - and that would really change everything.
Offline In His Name  
#83 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:35:13 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
dajstill wrote:
But, taking Paul solely on individual verses - he has written some really cool things. Of course, many of those cool things don't line up with the rest of scripture. However, you would have to know the rest of scripture to realize that. However, in looking over some of the things of Paul - he did the same thing! He would often take scriptures out of context.

Can I quote this, oh I just did... LOL this is wonderful, QUESTIONING PAUL IN 5 SENTENCES.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline PattyB  
#84 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:10:03 AM(UTC)
PattyB
Woman

I so enjoy reading all of the posts on this forum. Everyone is so well educated and passionate about the Father. It can be intimidating at times lol ;) Dajstill your words resonate with my own feelings in so many ways. I am very glad that you found this forum.

For me leaving Paul was easy unlearning all of the verses that I had memorized out of context as a child and pulled out for this time or that has been the more difficult part. I think that I have them all nicely filed away now.

I picture Paul as one of the first great politicians. He was most likely charismatic and he said what people wanted to hear and few people actually want to hear the truth. To be all things to all people. We can now see many different religious leaders doing the same thing. They are, after all, just following Paul's example.

Thank you so much everyone for sharing. It has been nice reading the conversations.
Offline FredSnell  
#85 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 2:21:38 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

PattyB wrote:
Everyone is so well educated

You must skip over my post then.,,b/c, I show my ignorance every day.
I have to remind people all the time that, "I'm the biggest dummy around,"
and that being said, the rest of your post is spot on.
Offline PattyB  
#86 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:43:06 AM(UTC)
PattyB
Woman

Quote:
You must skip over my post then.,,b/c, I show my ignorance every day.

lol I had just checked out a christian web site that my sister is really into right now. It made me want to throw up. This chat room lay in stark contrast to that one. Everyone here desires a relationship based on knowing with whom it is. Not just emotional highs. It was very refreshing having just visited the other web pg. Hope you are having a great day :)
Offline dajstill  
#87 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 3:00:51 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Has anyone ever seen this document: http://www.roberteisenma...les/ntc_review-gould.pdf

Its a review of the book "New Testament Code" (which I heard was a good book in theory, but a terrible read). While the author of this piece isn't a believer in the work of Yahoshua, it is a really, really good read if you can separate the good from the bad. It gives some history that is pretty eye opening about Paul - especially when it comes to codes revealed in the DSS.

To break down the basic theory of the piece - the premise is that James became the leader of the "movement" following the death of Yahoshua (the piece says Jesus). However, James was hated by the leadership in Rome and the illegitimate leadership of the Jewish people - because he has such a strong following. After the death of James, letters of and about the Apostles were re-written to try and write James out of the picture and replaced him with Paul. It talks about the first part of Acts being a re-write of some events. The book of James is said to have been a case against Paul to be used when Paul was brought up on charges against the assembly of Jews. They posit that Paul was actually ex-communicated, which is why Acts stops so abruptly. However, is was profitable for Rome to exault Paul and diminish James and the others for political manuvering and control over the people. It talks about the code found in the DSS where there is mention of the "Righteous Teacher" whom this document posits to be James, the "Wicked Priest"Anaus Ben Anaus, and - get this - the "Lying Spouter" who was an "internal enemy" posited to be none other than Paul!

Like I said, this isn't a document from a believer, but the historical aspects they bring about seem to be plausible.
Offline James  
#88 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:23:52 AM(UTC)
James
Man

dajstill, I haven't read that particular book, but sometime ago I was presented with a similar proposition regarding a certain scroll found in the DSS which is believed by some to be James case against Paul, this was during the time of the writing of QP so Yada and I found it interesting enough that we each purchased a book containing many of the non biblical DSS, among them the one which was being referenced. After reading and rereading the scroll we both came to the same conclusion that we did not believe it to be from James or about Paul. It read more like it was written by a Jewish rabbi than James, and Paul's name is never mentioned. I don't know if this book is referencing the same scroll or not, but that was my experience.

Offline tagim  
#89 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 4:13:50 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

I hope this short post will not interrupt the dialogue going on at this thread, as it is surely worth reading. I had a conversation with a friend who is open to reading the contradictions or contrast between Paul and Yah and Yahowshua. I seem to remember a thread giving a listing of cites for examination, bullet captions or short explanation of the differences/contradictions. I do not want to turn my friend off with the hundreds of web sites I could turn him on to, but would rather give him a simple listing for examination so to query him point by point. If anyone is able to help me, giving me the references, then I will organize them and send my friend a tasty listing he must accede to. He has promised me he will objectively read all I refer him too. Your help is appreciated. I have parched Qg Paul, so that is not necessary.
Offline cgb2  
#90 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 7:41:03 AM(UTC)
cgb2

I saved these soundbites mainly from YY or QP letters, which I thought quite good:

The fact that Paul claimed to see Yahowsha' on the road to Damascus in light of what Yahowsha' said about individuals who make such claims is game over.

The fact that Paul quoted Dionysus during that encounter is game over.

The fact that Paul spoke against circumcision is game over.

The fact that Paul's one prophecy was wrong is game over.

The fact that Paul misquoted the Torah is game over.

The fact that Paul said that the Torah could not save is game over.

When Paul misstated the events at the Jerusalem Summit, it was game over.

When Paul admitted to being demon possessed it was game over.

When Paul said that he pretended to be whatever was expedient, it was game over.

But if you want to boil it all down to one argument, when Paul wrote of two covenants, not one, with the one memorialized on Mount Sinai being of Hagar and enslaving, the case against him became irrefutable.

One of the reasons that people get all caught up justifying Paul is because of the way he wrote. Other than speaking against circumcision, he was circuitous by design. So until you understand his ploy, the half truths which permeate his arguments can be taken out of context and misinterpreted.

When a man or woman are honestly mistaken and hears the truth, they will either stop being mistaken or cease to be honest.
Offline cgb2  
#91 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 7:45:11 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Also another good website that in addition to the book list 100's maybe 1000s of Paul contradictions:

http://www.jesuswordsonly.com

When I used to be on FB and a member of (closed group) questioning paul, someone who knew the author said, he's well aware that jebus is not his name, but only uses that so largest amount of people will read it.

On links page you'll also find a link to QP.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#92 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 7:24:08 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
CG, too bad there's not Scripture verses to show the contrast.. IE: Scripture verse about Damascus from what Yahowsha said, vs paul's verses.. like a side by side..
Offline lassie1865  
#93 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 8:41:52 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

cb2 --

Isn't it Yahowsha quoting Euripides?

How do we explain Yahuchanon's vision of Yahowsha in the context of " . . . you shall not see Me again until . . . "?

Offline lassie1865  
#94 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 9:21:40 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Question:

The Torah states that if a man divorces his wife on grounds of adultery, and she marries another, as Israel was unfaithful to Yahowah, that man cannot legally re-marry that wife in the future. So, since Yahowah divorced Israel, and since God cannot contradict His own Torah, by what mechanism can He re-marry Israel in the future?
Offline dajstill  
#95 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 9:43:09 AM(UTC)
dajstill

lassie1865 wrote:
Question:

The Torah states that if a man divorces his wife on grounds of adultery, and she marries another, as Israel was unfaithful to Yahowah, that man cannot legally re-marry that wife in the future. So, since Yahowah divorced Israel, and since God cannot contradict His own Torah, by what mechanism can He re-marry Israel in the future?

But, did Israel marry someone else? She was said to have gone whoring, but I didn't see that the children of Israel actually married the false gods - simply kept whoring with them. At least that is how I understood it. But, I admit my understanding is limited as I am still learning.
Offline cgb2  
#96 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2012 5:27:17 AM(UTC)
cgb2

lassie1865 wrote:
cb2 --

Isn't it Yahowsha quoting Euripides?

How do we explain Yahuchanon's vision of Yahowsha in the context of " . . . you shall not see Me again until . . . "?

ISR 1998
Act 9:5 And he said, “Who are You, Master?” And the Master said, “I am יהושע, whom you persecute. It is hard for you to kick against the prods.”
KJV
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

ISR 1998
Act 26:14 “And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me, and saying in the Heḇrew language,1 ‘Sha’ul, Sha’ul, why do you persecute Me? It is hard for you to kick against the prods.’ Footnote: 1See 21:40, 22:2.
KJV
Act 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Doing ISR & KJV search for kick, goad, or prick I get the following which have nothing to do with Paul’s quote: Jdg 3:31, 1Sa 2:29, Num 33:55, Psa 73:21, Eze 28:24, Deu 32:15

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bacchae
The Bacchae (Ancient Greek: Βάκχαι, Bakchai; also known as The Bacchantes) is an ancient Greek tragedy by the Athenian playwright Euripides, during his final years in Macedon, at the court of Archelaus I of Macedon. It premiered posthumously at the Theatre of Dionysus in 405 BC as part of a tetralogy that also included Iphigeneia at Aulis and Alcmaeon in Corinth, and which Euripides' son or nephew probably directed.[1] It won first prize in the City Dionysia festival competition.
The tragedy is based on the mythological story of King Pentheus of Thebes and his mother Agauë, and their punishment by the god Dionysus (who is Pentheus' cousin) for refusing to worship him.

Religious significance
Plays such as The Bacchae existed primarily for the purpose of religious practice and worship. Religion was connected closely with everyday life, and cities and local communities would come together to celebrate the worship of different deities. [17] Through plays, gods such as Dionysus could be celebrated. The Bacchae re-enacts how Dionysus had come to be a god and in ancient Greek theatre, "role-playing is a well-known feature of ritual liminality." [18] The Bacchae is a tribute to Dionysus and it is written in a way that favours him. It is a common understanding that worship is the play's main function. Deities were found in every locality of everyday life.[19] The play also highlights what Dionysus represents; he is the god of wine, ritual madness and ecstasy. [20] With this in mind, the play incorporates these aspects to depict how Dionysus is present in ancient Greek life. As an actor, religious worship is a direct experience. The actor would have experienced a "stepping out" of himself to become a representation of Dionysus. As a spectator, the experience comes from what is acted onstage, arousing emotions that sympathize with Dionysus. Collectively, through Dionysiac acting, there is a reintegration of the "other" into the "self," that is to say that Dionysus has been accepted and will be worshipped by the Greek people. [21]

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/e/euripides/bacchae/
PENTHEUS
A truce to thy preaching to me! thou hast escaped thy bonds, preserve thy liberty; else will I renew thy punishment.
DIONYSUS
I would rather do him sacrifice than in a fury kick against the pricks; thou a mortal, he a god.
PENTHEUS
Sacrifice! that will I, by setting afoot a wholesale slaughter of women 'mid Cithaeron's glens, as they deserve.

http://www.bartleby.com/8/8/3.html
PENTHEUS
Peace, thou! And if for once thou hast slipped thy chain,
Give thanks!—Or shall I knot thine arms again?

DIONYSUS
Better to yield him prayer and sacrifice 936
Than kick against the pricks, since Dionyse
Is God, and thou but mortal.

PENTHEUS
That will I!
Yea, sacrifice of women’s blood, to cry 940
His name through all Kithaeron!

http://euripidesofathens.blogspot.com/
P: Don't you instruct me. Rather, since you've escaped with your
freedom, hold on to it. Or shall I punish you again?
D: I would offer him sacrifice rather than kick against
the god's goads in anger, a piddly mortal man.
P: Oh, I'll sacrifice: with loads of feminine slaughter,
just like they deserve, in the valleys of Kithairon.
Offline tagim  
#97 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2012 10:44:59 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

My bad. I did it. My request accomplished exactly what I did not want, to obscure the dialogue going on before I posted, and to make matters worse, I had already included in the letter to my friend much of the testimony that encounterHim posted, but not as much. I should have posted my draft to my friend or just requested URL's. Should have expected Fred's enthusiasm. Sorry.
Offline tagim  
#98 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2012 11:01:37 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Sorry, too, Fred, but don't feel bad; I'll ask James if there is a prize for the longest salient post.
Offline FredSnell  
#99 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2012 1:30:23 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

tagim wrote:
Sorry, too, Fred, but don't feel bad; I'll ask James if there is a prize for the longest salient post.

With one finger I wipe out the past...lol. But really, I went through the archieved shows. and if you go back to,

Yada Yahweh - Yahshua's Seven Prophetic Letters: Part 6

by Yada

in Religion

Mon, May 24, 2010

I have this listed as Yadas best show where he destoys Pauls testimony with the todays news and then with Yahowshas revelation.

Bill, have your friend listen to this show. If it doesn't help open his eyes, the other yy shows on the prophetic letters should help.
Offline tagim  
#100 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2012 4:38:51 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Been there, done that. Does not work (for me).

My approach of last resort: The person to whom I send material to must promise, affirm, swear on their most sacred whatever they will objectively read and respond to the evidence presented.