logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JamesH  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:20:13 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just finished reading Yada Yahweh ( Yahowah, Towrah – Instructions) it was very enlightening , got a laugh at.

( Pg 45 This introduction to the Covenant Relationship depicts “Yahowah appearing as God,” with our Heavenly Father “revealing Himself” to Abram so as “to be seen” by him. For this to occur without incinerating His friend, God had to become corporeal—that is to say, He had to transform some of His Spiritual energy into matter, to take on human form. While Abraham didn’t know it, this partial transformation from one state to another, was accomplished using a formula whereby the resulting mass was diminished from the source of Spiritual Energy by the speed of light squared.) E=MC2

I also find it interesting that Albert Einstein was an Ashkenazi Jew, I also wonder how E=MC2 effects us at Trumpets. (Will we be light or energy?) just something to think about. Jim
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:13:29 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From what we know is a property of this universe. Therefore I don't think the equation will come into play. From what we think we know we get translated from a mortal body to a spiritual, not-of-this-world, immortal body. Maybe it does come into play somehow, since Yahshua did appear to His Disciples in His heavenly body.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 7:51:45 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Matthew wrote:
From what we know is a property of this universe. Therefore I don't think the equation will come into play. From what we think we know we get translated from a mortal body to a spiritual, not-of-this-world, immortal body. Maybe it does come into play somehow, since Yahshua did appear to His Disciples in His heavenly body.

From what we know light is...
Offline tagim  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 7:33:54 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

As per Torah instructions - and as though we here normally are not part of any organized church, religion, as such - to tithe, what is/would be the way to tithe in conformity with Scripture? Any thoughts on this?
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 8:32:08 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
tagim wrote:
As per Torah instructions - and as though we here normally are not part of any organized church, religion, as such - to tithe, what is/would be the way to tithe in conformity with Scripture? Any thoughts on this?

As I understand it, the tithe was to be given to the Levities because they didn't receive a portion of the land. They were to work the temple, and so everyone gave a tenth of their harvest to them to sustain them. As there is no temple today and no Levities to work it, there is no need to tithe.

That said there are plenty of good charities to help feed and cloth those in need, and a donation of time or money to help them is always money well spent.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline york mister  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 9:08:46 PM(UTC)
york mister

On tithes, I know churches push hard for people to tithe (it's how they keep running right) but fail to clarify that tithes were only to come from 10% of the increase you had vs the previous year - rather than 10% of whatever you had.

I also doubt that there was any other form of taxation - certainly nothing like we see today - In the UK you give up to 40 pence of every pound you earn in income to the government, plus additional insurance taxes :-0
Offline cgb2  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:18:22 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
tagim wrote:

Seeing how there is no Levites to support, nor the safety net they in turn provided for poor, widows, orphans, the tithe wouldn't apply. However Yahushua's "when you did it to the least of these you did it to me" would.

Realistically in a typical church, after taking out salaries, mortgage, expenses, & and missionary work, how much actually goes to "the least of these"? I'd guess at best 10% if any at all.

Seems monetary would be best starting with those in ones extended family first, and individuals. If an organization - ones with low overhead, food kitchens, orphanages, silver key & meals on wheels (seniors - many widows) etc