logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JLOWE  
#101 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:04:28 AM(UTC)
JLOWE

Great point sirgodfrey.....thank you, that makes alot of sense. I think at this point I am talking a little too much to others about my discoveries, without being totally prepared to back them up....especially since I am mostly dealing with Christians that are NOT trying to hear that their religion and all they have been taught is questionable.
Offline Noach  
#102 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:16:40 AM(UTC)
Noach

JLOWE,

You will get that response alot, since they are unwilling to deal with what you are telling them, so get used to it. It is the automatic Christian Defense Mechanism (CDM for short).

The best way to combat that is with Yirmayahu (Jeremiah) 17:9.

Welcome to Yah's social network.

Noach
Offline Daniel  
#103 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:43:15 AM(UTC)
Daniel

JLOWE wrote:
TRUE names! It aggrevates me so that I always get the same response from ppl........God knows our hearts, and He knows what we mean....

Back in May, I used my Archaeological Study Edition of the NIV (Not Inspired Version) and read through the Apostolic Narratives of the Life of Yahushua (that's Matthew, Mark, Olivia-Newton-John for you christians out there) to find all of the references to His Name.

I came up with a count of 45 occurrences. (Remember this number, you will need it later.)

Ask your christian friends:

"Whose name is to be called upon for salvation?"

"How many names can be called upon for salvation?"

"What are the other names that we can call upon for salvation?"

Most christians will say something to the effect of, "there is only one name by which we are saved.."

Then point out that 'Jesus' refers to His or His Father's name 45 times in the 'gospels', and say "You must agree that He seems to think The/His Name is important, having referred to it 45 (or more) times!"

If they don't agree with this point, the conversation is over. Stop. There is no point in wasting your breath. Really, I mean it. They will not change their mind and you will only get angry.

If they do agree, bring up the fact that 'Jesus' wasn't speaking English. (not even King James English, even that was more than 1,000 years in the future!)

Then say something like, "If you are entering into a contract, covenant or testament with someone, isn't it important that both parties use their real names on the contract?"

"If someone uses a fake name on a contract, the contract is null and void, right?"

(At this point, typically, their eyes go out of focus)

"You have entered into a verbal contract with a false name on it."

"Wouldn't it be a good idea to get His Name right?"

"You want Him to know your name, don't you think you should know His name?"

Hopefully, they will, at this point, ask, "Ok, smart guy, what is His name?"

Interestingly, the Archaeological Study Edition of the NIV includes a footnote in each of the synoptic "gospels" where the name "Jesus" first comes up that says "in Hebrew: Yahushua"! It also has an article (near Exodus 33) about the Tetragrammaton, including paleo-Hebrew, modern renderings and pronunciation. A later article regarding 'the rise of monotheism' talks about 'Yahweh' vs. other gods... The 'translator's notes' section also confesses that LORD is used in lieu of YHWH... So even this edition of this sad translation can be used to help people start looking for the truth.

(Confession: I read my Archaeological Study Edition of the NIV for the same reason that other people say they subscribe to Playboy Magazine, for the articles!)

(But I also look at the pictures!)

(The pictures in my Archaeological Study Edition of the NIV, that is!)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline James  
#104 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:59:17 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Daniel wrote:
(Confession: I read my Archaeological Study Edition of the NIV for the same reason that other people say they subscribe to Playboy Magazine, for the articles!)

(But I also look at the pictures!)

(The pictures in my Archaeological Study Edition of the NIV, that is!)

The NIV Archaeological Study Edition is very useful, just not for their translation. The Scholarly articles are very useful.

It's like Yada points out many of the Lexicons that share the same name as a translation, are useful and accurate, if the translations that share their name were to actually use their own Lexicons they would get a much more accurate translation.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Matthew  
#105 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:23:42 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Walt wrote:
Really, you really have to ask?
head coverings for women, women keep silent, not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, rules for elders & deacons

Either he's of God as he claims and needs to be heeded, or he's somewhere in the scale between:

irrelevant . . . . . . . . . . . distraction .. . . . . . deceiver

(and I haven't read QP)

We should also take into consideration that Peter teaches the same things in his books, for example a woman should submit to her husband (1 Peter 3:1-7), submission to elders (1 Peter 5:5), not exercise authority over a man [husband] (Genesis 3:16), etc. To respect one's spouse and family and submit to elders is a Torah concept, see Genesis 3:16 and Leviticus 19:3,32 for examples.

Head coverings? Men should be men, and women should be women. A Torah concept, and something stressed in the book of First Corinthians. The following two quotes should provide some insight:

Quote:
From the Complete Word Study Dictionary of the New Testament:

177. ἀκατακάλυπτος akatakáluptos; gen. akatakalúptou, masc.–fem., neut. akatakálupton, adj. from the priv. a (1), without, and katakalúptō (2619), to cover, hide, veil. Uncovered, used only in 1 Cor. 11:5, 13 in relation to a woman prophesying and praying. The verb katakalúptomai is also used in the same relationship in 1 Cor. 11:6, 7. The prophesying and praying are in the environment of the local church. Since the praying and prophesying are an either / or question in 1 Cor. 11:5, it must refer to the public prayer or prophesying in the sense of telling forth that which one knows of the Lord publicly and audibly. Paul stresses that what is spoken by a woman, whether in public prayer or in prophecy, must be an outward demonstration of her inward saintliness. A woman who had her hair cut short was styled in the same manner as a prostitute or one of low morals. Such were the priestesses at the temple of Aphrodite at Acrocorinth. If one of these was saved and came into the local congregation of believers, she was not to speak with her short hair, but to cover her head as a substitute for the long hair which would take some time to grow. This is why in 1 Cor. 11:15 the long or womanly hair is considered in lieu of a wrapping called peribólaion (4018).

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_prostitution

In Ancient Greece, known cases of "Sacred prostitution" were in Sicily, in the Kingdom of Pontus Cyprus, in Cappadocia, and the city of Corinth where the temple of Aphrodite housed a significant number of servants at least since the classical antiquity. In 464 BC a man named Xenophon, a citizen of Corinth who was an acclaimed runner and winner of pentathlon at the Olympic Games, dedicated one hundred young girls to the temple of the goddess as a sign of thanksgiving. We know this because of a hymn which Pindar was commissioned to write (fragment 122 Snell), celebrating "the very welcoming girls, servants of Peïtho and luxurious Corinth".[32] During the Roman period, Strabo states that the temple had more than a thousand sacred slave-prostitutes (VIII, 6, 20).

Paul was simply warning against idolatry and being associated with it. A woman using a head covering was a temporary solution until she had long hair, because no doubt there were some women who were ex-temple prostitutes.

In my opinion, Paul gave sound advise to a people belonging to a city known for its sexual immorality who had written a letter to him. He wasn't laying on a burden nor was he adding to the Torah.

Women being silent? The passage of 1 Corinthians 14:34 is debatable, especially in that there scholars who say Paul was quoting it from the Corinthians letter to him. In other words, the passage "Women should be silent... as the Torah says" is not a command from Paul, but a quote of something they were teaching, something he now pointed out to be wrong. We should also note that just a few verses earlier he stated it's fine for women to prophesy in public. Turning to 1 Timothy 2:11-12, the passage reads: "Let and allow a wife to learn and be taught, instructed and explained the meaning of things, be increased in knowledge and be informed, come to understand and discover the truth, find out and ascertain wisdom and be trained in skills and comprehension in, by and with stillness and tranquillity, inward calm and in a loving and peaceful way, easily and at leisure in, by and with every individual and collective kind of subjection, submissiveness and cooperation. Moreover, I do not turn upon or permit, allow or entrust, give leave to or instruct a wife to teach, explain or instruct through discourses and discussions, nor to domineer or tower, tyrannise or intimidate, menace or overbear, badger or provoke a husband*, but nevertheless, notwithstanding and on the contrary, to be and exist in, by and with stillness and tranquillity, inward calm and in be a loving and peaceful way, at ease and at leisure." In other words, Paul was actually saying it is good for women to be taught the Torah, because in Jewish society of that day women were generally not permitted to learn Torah.

I must admit that without the letter to Paul we only have half the picture, but it seems clear to me this letter was directed specifically to the Corinthians and the problems they were dealing with.

Coming back to the "Paul is supposedly a homosexual because he claimed to be celibate and loved Timothy" from the QP Letters thread. I need to remind people of Yahshua's own words in Matthew 19:12 where He says some have chosen to live as a eunuch for the sake of the Kingdom.
Offline MadDog  
#106 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:35:07 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Matthew wrote:
I must admit that without the letter to Paul we only have half the picture, but it seems clear to me this letter was directed specifically to the Corinthians and the problems they were dealing with.

Coming back to the "Paul is supposedly a homosexual because he claimed to be celibate and loved Timothy" from the QP Letters thread. I need to remind people of Yahshua's own words in Matthew 19:12 where He says some have chosen to live as a eunuch for the sake of the Kingdom.

Only half a letter to Paul and yet you keep trying to defend or make excuses for Paul?!?! With only half a letter is good enough for you. Matthew, if you only spent more time to what Yahweh said instead of what Paul said, think about it. Yahshua suggested that some would have CHOSEN to live as a eunuch instead of just receiving a circumcision?

Where is the logic here? When and where does Yahweh demand eunuchs? Or even suggest it? Yahweh commaned us to be fruitful and multiply.

I myself am not married or have children, because having and raising children is hard enough. yet Paul talks constantly about spiritual children. I don't know but there is something more wrong to having "spiritual children" then having physical children.
Offline Daniel  
#107 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:51:48 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Matthew wrote:

If Paul's letter to the Believers in Corinth, is regarded as 'just a letter', ie: personal correspondence, and not 'the inspired word of God', then there is no problem.

MadDog wrote:
Only half a letter to Paul and yet you keep trying to defend or make excuses for Paul?!?!

I don't think that Matthew is defending Paul's personal correspondence as scripture.

Paul was an itinerant first century evangelist who was always getting into hot water with The Disciples.

"Rome" was the first organization that was able to make the assertion that his personal correspondence was 'scripture', stick.

It is not clear that even Paul himself would have defended his personal correspondence as 'scripture'.

We don't have to attack nor defend Paul's writings anymore than the writings of John Wesley, Jerry Falwell or Jerry Garcia.

Once you are able to jettison the thought that Paul's letters are scripture, the confusing stuff of christianity just melts away.

(For a more thorough treatment of this subject, be sure to pick up a copy of my 600 page book: Ignoring Paul.)

MadDog wrote:
Yahweh commaned us to be fruitful and multiply.

MadDog wrote:
I myself am not married or have children, because having and raising children is hard enough

If I may paraphrase MadDog's statements: YHWH commands us (and by implication, MadDog, too) to be fruitful and multiply, but then MadDog says that it is just too hard for MadDog to actually follow that command.

Or is it that MadDog is following what Paul said in his personal correspondence in 1 Cor 7:6-9?

(I think I gotcha, there, sailor-man!)

;-)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline MadDog  
#108 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:26:56 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

I don't need any more convincing that Paul is a false prophet and I don't see
any hint where I may have given that contrary impression. When Yada first brought up
QP on blogtalk radio, it was one of those eureka moments. It just seems to me
that Matthew is going out of his way bringing up Paul every chance he
gets. Trying to convince this forum that Paul was just misunderstood, because
hey, Peter said the same thing in his letters.

I am not following Paul period about being unmarried. I have made a personal choice
to be a life time bachelor and I will simply accept the consequences from Yahweh when
my time comes.

I just don't see what the big whoop is about being married or having kids. Just about
everyone I've meet has been divorced, unhappy, ungrateful brats, etc. I think
I'll just skip all that BLISS, spank you very much.

As per my previous post, I could definately have worded it better. Now that
I've reread it, it sounds like a mad dog wrote it :(

Edited by user Thursday, February 24, 2011 11:28:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cgb2  
#109 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 2:59:04 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Daniel wrote:
.....(For a more thorough treatment of this subject, be sure to pick up a copy of my 600 page book: Ignoring Paul.)
....;-)

Maybe this could be a short book like this :^)
http://danwho.net/mp/index.php?id=snl_dontbuystuff
Offline Daniel  
#110 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 6:24:33 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Quote:
my 600 page book: Ignoring Paul.

To be fair, the last 597 pages are best used to make your own flip book animation of a dinosaur eating a flying saucer.

UserPostedImage
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline FredSnell  
#111 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 1:03:41 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
hey Daniel. Your book sounds like a winner, kids love dinosaurs and spaceships. Did you hear the latest? It's being called, "The Gun Walker Story." If it pans out and it's ends up being true, we might be saying bye to the, ATF.
Offline Matthew  
#112 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 2:16:21 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

MadDog wrote:
Only half a letter to Paul and yet you keep trying to defend or make excuses for Paul?!?! With only half a letter is good enough for you. Matthew, if you only spent more time to what Yahweh said instead of what Paul said, think about it. Yahshua suggested that some would have CHOSEN to live as a eunuch instead of just receiving a circumcision?

Where is the logic here? When and where does Yahweh demand eunuchs? Or even suggest it? Yahweh commaned us to be fruitful and multiply.

I myself am not married or have children, because having and raising children is hard enough. yet Paul talks constantly about spiritual children. I don't know but there is something more wrong to having "spiritual children" then having physical children.

Both Yahshua and Paul speak of people choosing to live celibate lifestyles for the sake of the Kingdom, and neither say it's a sin to be celibate for that reason. However, Paul gets labelled a suspect homosexual and a hater of the family lifestyle while Yahshua obviously does not. The passage of Matthew 19:12 doesn't speak of circumcision, but the Greek word for "eunuch" also speaks of those who voluntarily abstain from marriage and having children, whether castrated or not. In Hebrew is also refers to the title of an officer, of which Joseph and Daniel were appointed. Yes Yahweh's first command to us is to be fruitful and multiply, but with the coming Tribulation should we really be encouraging people to be married and have children, especially if we read the warning Yahshua said in Matthew 24:19. Shouldn't we be more concerned about extending God's family by leading people to Yahweh? Which family is more important? For the answer please read Matthew 12:46-50. I'm not saying we should neglect witnessing to our own families, but rather we should first seek Yahweh's Kingdom, His will.

Walt suggested Paul was laying burdens on us, basically saying Paul is a false teacher, but when I take a quick look at the Disciples, Torah and history then in my opinion I see Paul's teaching to be sound on the matters discussed. His message is the same at Peter's, John's, and Jacob's. To suggest Paul a false teacher means Peter, John and Jacob should be too. Yes, Paul speaks of spiritual children, but so does John, so why is no one having a go at John? Should we not also have a go at Yahshua for referring to people who do the will of Yahweh as "His mother?"
Offline MadDog  
#113 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 11:47:05 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Matthew wrote:
To suggest Paul a false teacher means Peter, John and Jacob should be too. Yes, Paul speaks of spiritual children, but so does John, so why is no one having a go at John? Should we not also have a go at Yahshua for referring to people who do the will of Yahweh as "His mother?"

I've always said that in order to tell a convincing lie, it is best to hide it between two truths. If you are pitting Yahweh/Yashua against Paul, then there is no contest. I would then suggest you are in dangerous waters when you are so ready to uphold Paul above or equal to Yahweh's Torah. What Paul said about circumcision and eating clean/unclean food was just enough to cast doubt on the Torah, Prophet, and Psalms AND he had signs and miracles to back him up. Remember what happend at the garden of Eden, Yahweh's one and only commandment, and both Adam and Chavah couldn't get it right and they were supposed to be "perfect." I think you know what Yashua meant by "mother, brother, sister" i.e. family.

Matthew wrote:
Yes Yahweh's first command to us is to be fruitful and multiply, but with the coming Tribulation should we really be encouraging people to be married and have children, especially if we read the warning Yahshua said in Matthew 24:19. Shouldn't we be more concerned about extending God's family by leading people to Yahweh? Which family is more important? For the answer please read Matthew 12:46-50. I'm not saying we should neglect witnessing to our own families, but rather we should first seek Yahweh's Kingdom, His will.

Quote:
Matt 24
[35] Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
[36] But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
[37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
[39] And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

This is really a non-issue, the part of whether we should encourage people to be married and have children part. I am more concerned whether I'll even make it to heaven at all, let alone worrying about other people whom I don't even know. The way I see it is if I can't even take care of my own self, how am I going to be able to carry the burden for someone else. If I were married and had children, I'd be far more concerned for their salvation then some stranger on the street.

There will always be wars and tribulation up until the actual tribulation and towards the end of the Millennium Sabbath. I mention the Millennium Sabbath because it appears that those of us who are put in charge of the nations during that time period will have once again goofed despite having "perfect" living conditions. I wouldn't worry about people getting married and having children, it's going to happen and if you've been paying attention to the news then there should be no doubt that we are at the cusp of something big.

Quote:
Matthew 12
[46] While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
[47] Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
[48] But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
[49] And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
[50] For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

And what is the will of my Father exactly Matthew? According to you, nothing, absolutely nothing. No circumcision, no kosher diet, not even observing the Feasts of Yahweh will do. Except for maybe studying the Torah, Prophet, and Psalms but that for sure doesn't guarantee salvation either and therefore Yahshua's sacrifice was in vain because Yahshua claimed he fulfilled the Torah, Prophet, and Psalms, didn't he? How exactly did he accomplish observing the Torah without the Ark of the Covenant? So someone is lying or just plain wrong, who could it be? Yahweh, Yahshua, Paul, and now even maybe you Matthew.

Lastly, notice that he pointed to his disciples and that he said "for whosoever" and not "and whosoever" unless that is just a bad translation which I wouldn't doubt.

Can you tell me what it takes to be "saved?" Can you point me to the right path towards Yahweh? If I don't even know 100% if I'm really saved, how am I supposed to help others? If I am wrong about Yahweh then all I'll be doing is spreading a lie and thus damning more people, including family.
Offline Richard  
#114 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 11:35:49 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Outstanding post, MD.
Offline Matthew  
#115 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:34:53 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

In brotherly love I say the following:

MadDog wrote:
I've always said that in order to tell a convincing lie, it is best to hide it between two truths. If you are pitting Yahweh/Yashua against Paul, then there is no contest. I would then suggest you are in dangerous waters when you are so ready to uphold Paul above or equal to Yahweh's Torah. What Paul said about circumcision and eating clean/unclean food was just enough to cast doubt on the Torah, Prophet, and Psalms AND he had signs and miracles to back him up. Remember what happend at the garden of Eden, Yahweh's one and only commandment, and both Adam and Chavah couldn't get it right and they were supposed to be "perfect." I think you know what Yashua meant by "mother, brother, sister" i.e. family.

Hopefully I will never suggest Paul as equal to or above God; however, I will defend what I believe to be baseless claims made against him. To some it might seem that I’m defending him as a divine being, but I’m not; rather, just arguing against the notion that he is somehow evil. While at the same time pointing out what I find to be flaws found in Yada's Questioning Paul.

MadDog wrote:
And what is the will of my Father exactly Matthew? According to you, nothing, absolutely nothing. No circumcision, no kosher diet, not even observing the Feasts of Yahweh will do. Except for maybe studying the Torah, Prophet, and Psalms but that for sure doesn't guarantee salvation either and therefore Yahshua's sacrifice was in vain because Yahshua claimed he fulfilled the Torah, Prophet, and Psalms, didn't he? How exactly did he accomplish observing the Torah without the Ark of the Covenant? So someone is lying or just plain wrong, who could it be? Yahweh, Yahshua, Paul, and now even maybe you Matthew.

Lastly, notice that he pointed to his disciples and that he said "for whosoever" and not "and whosoever" unless that is just a bad translation which I wouldn't doubt.

We cannot literally observe the Feasts of Yahweh, even Yahweh says a person who has touched a dead body or is away on a journey cannot celebrate the Passover but must do it at the second appointed time. If the Torah has to be kept on our part then it has to be done in accordance to the Torah, to the rules and regulation it specifies. Please note that I am taking this very literally. Verse 14 of Numbers 9 says foreigners have the same regulations as native Jews if they reside in the Land. If we take off work for the Festival of Unleavened Bread or build tents as tabernacles during the Festival of Succoth are we literally keeping it? The answer is no obviously. I don't believe I have ever said we should not spiritually observe it or reject it; in fact I think it's great and encourage that we take off work and get together to celebrate what Yahweh has done and will do for us and have fellowship with our family and friends. They truly have memorial and educational value and we would be stupid not to spiritually observe them. But we should not think we are keeping it as per Torah said we should. We should celebrate it as a means to express our gratitude and thankfulness to Yahuweh, do it in remembrance, but we should not do it believing we are somehow earning salvation through our own sweat, blood and obedience. The Torah clearly says we cannot buy our salvation through our own means, we cannot pay a ransom for our souls. See the story regarding the 6 Cities of Refuge in Numbers 35, notably verse 31.

If a temple existed you can bet your [fill in appropriate word] that I would be making missions to Israel. I would probably even uproot myself to go live there if that was possible. But there is no temple, and I do not live in Israel for now. There is no Levitical priesthood. Does that somehow exempt me from having to literally abide by all of the Torah? Obviously not, since we should still love God and love our neighbour, “for this sums up the Torah and the Prophets.”

Nowhere did I say to do God’s will is to do absolutely nothing. However, in a way yes we do nothing to receive salvation, because after all it is a gift freely given to us, it's something we accept, not something we earn. Through the Sabbath Law we find we cannot work for our salvation, but must simply rest in God for it. So how can we do the works/will of God? Yahshua answered that: John 6:28-29!

Numbers 9 is an interesting study in itself. If we are a follower of Yahweh through Yahshua then Passover is a thing of the past, it’s done and fulfilled, we caught it at the first opportunity. However, of course if someone (i.e. the Jews) has missed it then they better take the second opportunity not to miss it. Not that Yahshua will die again, but the Jews were unclean on account of a dead body, they had Yahshua killed. They missed the first opportunity but will get a second chance during the Time of Jacob's Trouble to recognize their Messiah. Numbers 9 being prophetic in that regard. However, if a person was in a position to accept Yahweh’s grace through Yahshua the first time (in other words while alive) but did not, then they’ve disqualified themselves from any second opporunity. And that’s a scary thought. Numbers 35:32 also highlights that someone cannot buy Yahshua's pardon and protection even if they're guilty of something (unintentionally killing the Messiah as opposed to murdering Him), but have to simply accept Yahshua's death as the thing that pardons them.

Again, you'll be hard-pressed to find me saying "we must not be circumcised." I'm taking the Torah's precepts in fact very literally in regards to circumcision. I am not employed by a Jew, no Jew has physically bought me for employment, and I am not living in the Land of Israel, therefore I do not see a command for me to get circumcised, even though I am already circumcised. However; spiritually I have had my heart circumcised, been bought and employed by a Jew, and live in His Kingdom. We can say: having taken hold of the first Passover. But I will say that if you believe being physically circumcised, apart from Yahshua, saves you then I can say quite confidently that the circumcision will be done in vain. It has no saving power in itself. And if you choose to be circumcised as a means to save yourself but then stumble at any other law then your circumcision will be worthless. And that's obvious, don't even need to read Paul (Romans 2:25), James (Jacob/James 2:10), and John (1 John 3:4).

Also, if the Torah saved, if the blood of goats and bulls, circumcision, et cetera saved, if it could cleanse one from sin - the goal of our salvation - then there would be no need for the promise of Jeremiah 31:31-34. If the work of the high priest truly worked then there would be no need for the High Priest.

MadDog wrote:
Can you tell me what it takes to be "saved?" Can you point me to the right path towards Yahweh? If I don't even know 100% if I'm really saved, how am I supposed to help others? If I am wrong about Yahweh then all I'll be doing is spreading a lie and thus damning more people, including family.

Yahshua's own words: John 3:16.
Offline James  
#116 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 3:55:13 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I would never say we have to KEEP the Torah 100%, I would say we are to OBSERVE the Torah, shamar – diligently observe, closely examine, carefully consider, and thoughtfully evaluate the Torah. This being something I think we can all agree on.

I’ve been trying to stay out of the Paul debate for a while, mainly because I have already done my own study, and my own research, and came to my own conclusions, and stated them here, and thus far I have seen nothing that has changed my mind. But I have been reading it and following along.

Unfortunately I have to say I have seen many straw man arguments coming from both sides of this debate, which is counterproductive.

No one has said we should ignore the Torah in favor of Paul, so no one should accuse of this or attack for it. No one has stated that Paul is scripture, so again no one should argue that. The debate in this regard is over rather what Paul wrote was in conflict or congruence with the Torah (As I have stated I think his letters are written in such a way that one could take either away depending on what they are predisposed to think). No one has said, as the author of Galatians put it, “If or whether any of you may be circumcised, having your foreskin cut off, Messiah shall be of no good or benefit, profit or advantage, help or assistance, use or service to any of you for anything.” So no one should act as though this is being argued. What we have in this regard is two different understanding of what the Torah says with regard to circumcision, so rather than making accusations or getting personal, what we should do is review and discuss the verses speaking of circumcision.

Also no one has said that it is necessary to keep the Torah 100% to be saved, or that keeping Torah saves you or that circumcision saves you, so there is no need for the “we can’t keep it or it doesn’t save you” arguments.

To quote Michael Medved, we all need to focus like a laser beam here. We need to look at each other’s arguments and address them point by point in our rebuttals, not just pick one point and dwell on that. If ten points are made then ten points should be addressed. If nine of them are right and one is not, it does not negate the argument. I think Matthew has made some valid points with regard to issues in QP, but those are isolated areas which don’t negate every other point made. I will cede that Yada should not have made assertions that Paul was gay I don’t agree with that, and I don’t think it would matter if he was, but that doesn’t negate every other piece of evidence. I will agree that Yada’s translation of Acts 15 is speculative with regard to Paul interrupting Peter, although I think Yada translated it that way not to condemn Paul but rather to spare Peter, but that point alone does not negate the whole of the argument in the book.

We are all here trying to help each other shamar, we are not each other’s enemies, we have different understandings, but we seek the same goal, so let’s stay focused and debate this in a rational and friendly way.

Offline Daniel  
#117 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 5:56:10 AM(UTC)
Daniel

James wrote:
I would never say we have to KEEP the Torah 100%,

Only One Guy was able to do that...

...and you saw what they did to Him!
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline MadDog  
#118 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 10:51:40 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Matthew wrote:
Again, you'll be hard-pressed to find me saying "we must not be circumcised." I'm taking the Torah's precepts in fact very literally in regards to circumcision. I am not employed by a Jew, no Jew has physically bought me for employment, and I am not living in the Land of Israel, therefore I do not see a command for me to get circumcised, even though I am already circumcised. However; spiritually I have had my heart circumcised, been bought and employed by a Jew, and live in His Kingdom. We can say: having taken hold of the first Passover. But I will say that if you believe being physically circumcised, apart from Yahshua, saves you then I can say quite confidently that the circumcision will be done in vain. It has no saving power in itself. And if you choose to be circumcised as a means to save yourself but then stumble at any other law then your circumcision will be worthless. And that's obvious, don't even need to read Paul (Romans 2:25), James (Jacob/James 2:10), and John (1 John 3:4).

Wow, you had me at hello up until this paragraph. Again, I think everyone here has already stated that circumcision in and of itself does not "save" but rather it's a sign of the covenant. As far as being scripturally literal about Yahweh's commandment to Abraham and the sign of the covenant, Yahweh included all of Abrahams house, both Jew and Gentile so I don't understand how you come to your conclusion the way you do. And we can come to Yahweh by our own free will and need not wait for a Jew to physically employ and/or buy us.

Matthew wrote:
Also, if the Torah saved, if the blood of goats and bulls, circumcision, et cetera saved, if it could cleanse one from sin - the goal of our salvation - then there would be no need for the promise of Jeremiah 31:31-34. If the work of the high priest truly worked then there would be no need for the High Priest.

What do you mean "if" the Torah saved? As a matter of history all those things did apply up until Yahshua. Those things were required and mandated by Yahweh himself. Spiritually, physically, symbolically, those things were required for many different levels or understanding. Again, you should follow Yada's advice (and Yahshua) and start from the beginning. Yahshua could not have completed his task/sacrifice without the building blocks, i.e. the Torah.

Quote:
John.1
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

James wrote:
We are all here trying to help each other shamar, we are not each other’s enemies, we have different understandings, but we seek the same goal, so let’s stay focused and debate this in a rational and friendly way.

Okay. Sorry if I'm flying off the handle but it's hard not to take this personal. But I understand. Having said that I'd like to apologize to Walt, sorry Walt. He'll know what I'm talking about.

Shamar?! I thought it was Yada.

Edited by user Friday, March 4, 2011 1:07:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#119 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2011 1:45:36 AM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Shalom Brothers,

I've notice while reading the replys here that many are saying that know one is saying that Paul's letters were inspired or that they were scripture. I see that from those that agree with Paul & those that oppose Paul. I would say I would have to diagree, Paul did claim that his writings were scripture, therefore inspired. He made the claim in :

1 Cor.14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of Yahweh .

So, I would say that those that oppose Paul can now say he is claiming to speak for Yahweh. That his message contradicts the Torah, Prophets, & Psalms, thereby making him a false prophet. Then those that agree with Paul letters must now stop riding the fence, by saying his letters are not inspired or scripture, but they are useful. If you agree with Paul then you have to acknowledge that the things that he wrote were & are the commandments of Yahweh. Atleast his letters to the Corinthins, if not all.
Offline Walt  
#120 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2011 4:21:00 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

MadDog wrote:
....Having said that I'd like to apologize to Walt, sorry Walt. He'll know what I'm talking about...

No problems, water under the bridge.
Offline Daniel  
#121 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2011 4:24:53 AM(UTC)
Daniel

TRUTH B-TOLD wrote:
Then those that agree with Paul letters must now stop riding the fence, by saying his letters are not inspired or scripture, but they are useful. If you agree with Paul then you have to acknowledge that the things that he wrote were & are the commandments of Yahweh. Atleast his letters to the Corinthins, if not all.

Sorry, no-sale, TBT!

Let us at least look at the context of that sentence:

PaulOfTarsus wrote:
Let two or three prophets speak, while the others weigh what is said. And if something is revealed to a prophet who is sitting down, let the first one be silent. For you can all prophesy one by one, with the result that all will learn something and all will be encouraged. Also, the prophets' spirits are under the prophets' control; for God is not a God of unruliness but of shalom. As in all the congregations of God's people, let the wives remain silent when the congregation meets; they are certainly not permitted to speak out. Rather, let them remain subordinate, as also the Torah says; and if there is something they want to know, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for a woman to speak out in a congregational meeting. Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached? If anyone thinks he is a prophet or is endowed with the Spirit, let him acknowledge that what I am writing you is a command of the Lord. But if someone doesn't recognize this, then let him remain unrecognized. So, my brothers, eagerly seek to prophesy; and do not forbid speaking in tongues; but let all things be done in a proper and orderly way.

Asserting that Mr. OfTarsus is saying "everything I write is Scripture" is kind of a stretch.

Could it be that he is saying that [all that stuff he just said in the preceding paragraph] is "a command of the Lord"?

If the stuff he said about how to handle prophesy within the congregation is in line with what is written down in the Torah, then what Mr. OfTarsus is repeating/paraphrasing "a command of the Lord".
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline Richard  
#122 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:41:46 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Mr OfTarsus. You're hilarious, Daniel. Thanks!
Offline Noach  
#123 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:51:40 AM(UTC)
Noach

Yea, well that's the problem with Paul isn't it Daniel. We don't really know what he is trying to say most of the time. We know for sure though, that women better keep their mouths shut, according to Paul. He was pretty clear about that. The rest of the stuff he said in that exerpt was jibberish.

So when Paul want's to be clear, he certainly can be. I have a hard time figuring out why people still find this self proclaimed apostle relevent. Because he mixes something from the Torah in with his jibberish once in a while, were supposed to take him seriously? Why is it so hard to just disregard what he says altogether?

Maybe those who love Paul's elegant writings can enlighten us all on why women better shut their mouths.

Noah
Offline Daniel  
#124 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 7:34:13 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Noach wrote:
We know for sure though, that women better keep their mouths shut, according to Paul. He was pretty clear about that.
[snip]
Maybe those who love Paul's elegant writings can enlighten us all on why women better shut their mouths.

This leads me to believe that we won't have to listen to any women speaking in defense of this teaching...
;-)

Noach wrote:
Why is it so hard to just disregard what he says altogether?

Here is my oft' repeated rant on that subject: link
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline VinceB.  
#125 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:04:33 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Yeah yeah yeah - and no, I am not trying to bring to life a thread that clearly died several weeks ago already...

But where else to put this? I hate Paul/Sha'uwl and all things Pauline Doctrine related...if Yah was so kind to me so as to get me out of first, the RCC demonically inspired religious scheme, and then to,number two, get me out of Paul's pagan christianity that's the twin sister of the RCC...then I think I've been so blessed to have eyes to both see, and eyes to empathsize with those who've been bound up by, at least in the case of these two religious systems, by the adversary (Atheists are so blessed by Yah and don't even know it)...as I was trying to point out during the chat on the blogtalkradio program today: Paul's stuff is so gooy and sticky and damn near impossible to get it unhinged from a person's mind because its saturates every fabric of a person's being - and as Yada pointed out: it's so all pervasive that it is by default, paraphrasing, the very woof and warp of what has become the United States of America.

Paul divides everything up into all their pieces and parts -and as if that werent enough- he then superspiritualizes everything to his liking; and he's actually very good at picking and choosing what he likes over and against what he doesn't: he's extremely biased and zealous over his interpretation; so naturally all Paul's children, by default, our guilty of doing what Paul did to Calvary over and against what Yah did to fulfill Towrah Prophets and Psalms...and the 7 Feasts/Celebrations He invites us to observe and participate with Him in...

Trace America's roots and the entire history of America is more likened to that of Egypt all over again...it's only via Yah's allowing misguided christians to be a blessing to Yisrael via US policy that's allowed America to prosper away from having a relationship with Yah...and I agree with what Daniel said before about as bad as RCC is, christians, paraphrasing, have gone from the vice of RCC and went screaming away from Yah in the opposite direction...and besides all that, Christians are more interested in figuring out where and who the antichrist is they don't have time to know Yahowah as He's revealed Himself and as He wants to be know: which is laughable for sure James...because we are to Paul's Christians: antichrist; to the Jews: antimessiah; to Islam anti-muslim's the fifth Imam...

Roughly 8 months prior to even knowing about YY, I came to the conclusion (thank you Yahowah) that Yahowah's name was important (Yahwey was how I spelled and said it back then; figuring out if my name is important to me, I was certain His name was important to Him too...not to even mention Yah indicating the Branch would come in His name and the term 'Jesus' made no sense) and began mentally changing the terms God, the Lord, and Jesus with what I thought His names were: names I now know as Yahowah Yahowsha' Ruwach Qodesh. It wasn't easy. I had to train my mind to think His literal names over names man gave Him until it became common place...after roughly eight months I came across YY and initially rejected it as blasphame...followed about three months later to picking up QP once again, and this time I just trusted Yah He'd protect me from falling through the cracks down a religious rabbit hole into the abyss - to the point now, I sincerely hate all things Paul/Sha'uwl with a passion; have I been brainwashed? Well, I now love Yah and His Torah Prophets and Psalms over anything else this world has to offer...I love and have come to know Yahowah the way He wants us to know Him, the way He's chosen to reveal Himself to us (after all, He's the Creator and Father and He can set the rules of His house however He so chooses...it's His' baby) and the way He's outlined a seven step plan to bring us to Himself without spot or wrinkle in which He does all the work and I simply trust and rely upon Him...

So no, I am not brainwashed at all, but some 98.9999% of this 21 century world we're living in is/are most definitely brainwashed with there being 1000s of acceptable ways to get to God with Yah's way being resoundedly rejected 98.9999% of the time...

Thank Yah for His T,P,Psalms, and for His provision for us in the seven called-out assembly meetings He's given to us as a gift, and for YY and the blogtalkradio's return...I'll be using my wife's computer tomorrow - today's use of my personal computer was a waste; though I am now listening to the program I missed earlier...alas
HWHY
Offline Richard  
#126 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:53:05 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

VinceB. wrote:
Paul's stuff is so gooy and sticky and damn near impossible to get it unhinged from a person's mind

That is absolutely true, Vince. Years ago the others in a "Bible" study fellowship I was involved with called me a walking King James Version, and my favorite author thereof was Paul. Today, a full year or so after learning the truth about that devil, I still find myself thinking of something he wrote when I think upon this or that Scripture. I have to set my face like flint and forcefully dislodge the voice of that demon. Thankfully, Mother is faithful to provide me with those of our Father's Words which precisely expose and excise the lie from Paul. Gooey and sticky indeed!

Richard
Offline FredSnell  
#127 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:14:29 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I had a catholic customer today tell me about his prayer in church about a yr ago and how it helped his father in the hospital die a quite death...This was after me, telling him, "I will be open for work tomorrow, bc it's my double portion day"..lol. He didn't have the foggiest idea of what I was talking about. So after he got back into his, prayer story, I just ended the conversation there with him , and said, "listen, you don't want me telling you what I really think of religion, bc after I'm done, you won't like me much." Again, this guy wanted to hear it to my amazement, again. That's 4 this week. I'm on a roll!!!..Well, alittle Abraham and Isaac, mixed with Moses and Torah, and then telling him there should not be a new testament, that the Covenant of Moses, or like I say, "gaurding His Commandments,"was just being confirmed by Yahushua and religion is the reason of all the confusion. He hung on the phone long enough to at least agree in some measure. So, what is the measuring stick I thought to myself after hanging up? And then sitting there just thinking it hit me loud and clear. " The Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light to my path."
Offline VinceB.  
#128 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:20:07 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

encounterHim wrote:
I had a catholic customer today tell me about his prayer in church about a yr ago and how it helped his father in the hospital die a quite death...This was after me, telling him, "I will be open for work tomorrow, bc it's my double portion day"..lol. He didn't have the foggiest idea of what I was talking about. So after he got back into his, prayer story, I just ended the conversation there with him , and said, "listen, you don't want me telling you what I really think of religion, bc after I'm done, you won't like me much." Again, this guy wanted to hear it to my amazement, again. That's 4 this week. I'm on a roll!!!..Well, alittle Abraham and Isaac, mixed with Moses and Torah, and then telling him there should not be a new testament, that the Covenant of Moses, or like I say, "gaurding His Commandments,"was just being confirmed by Yahushua and religion is the reason of all the confusion. He hung on the phone long enough to at least agree in some measure. So, what is the measuring stick I thought to myself after hanging up? And then sitting there just thinking it hit me loud and clear. " The Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light to my path."

good for you; and regardless of whether those bogged down in man made religious schemes know or understand anything you say, at least it's clear to me, at least, Yah's enlarging and growing you via such encounters...
HWHY
Offline Richard  
#129 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:28:25 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

AND ... as the Scripture promises,
Ecclesiastes 11:1 wrote:
Cast your bread on the surface of the waters, for you will find it after many days.

We are taught that waters always refer to people. So, you keep tossing out the seeds of His Word to those around you. He will let you see the results over time.
Offline VinceB.  
#130 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:29:23 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

flintface wrote:
That is absolutely true, Vince. Years ago the others in a "Bible" study fellowship I was involved with called me a walking King James Version, and my favorite author thereof was Paul. Today, a full year or so after learning the truth about that devil, I still find myself thinking of something he wrote when I think upon this or that Scripture. I have to set my face like flint and forcefully dislodge the voice of that demon. Thankfully, Mother is faithful to provide me with those of our Father's Words which precisely expose and excise the lie from Paul. Gooey and sticky indeed!

Richard

Hey Richard, my heart leaped an affirmation reading your comments; I am constantly rethinking and ensuring I do not touch anything related to Paul and his doctrine when I think over the Word, or when I share the Word because of Paul's twisting the whole thing...and having been brought up in that religious scheme - this is why I now believe the atheists have it a whole lot easier time coming to Yah than the religious minded are.

again, I can relate: prior to this past December 2010, I walked talked the Word of Yah filtered through Paul's rendering of it...then after exposure to the truth, I have flipped and done a 180 degree turn away from all thing Paul, and all my relatives and friends think I need a psychological evaluation; so who is brainwashed and who needs psychological evaluation, and it ain't the Ekklesia the followers of Yah...'amein brother, I feel your pain (no pund intended at all, Richard)
HWHY
Offline VinceB.  
#131 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 6:38:41 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

I know I'll be preaching to the choir, as they say - but as I continue my journey out of all things religions in nature, I just have to 'spit' it out:

Christians are blind as bats!

Having had another lively discussion with family regarding Yah's Towrah vs Paul...they, Christians, know Paul very well. Oh, they can recite Paul's stuff going backwards and forwards; and yes, because they don't know Yahowah at all, they see the God of the Towrah is cruel, mean, uncompromising - who zapped people all over the place; doesn't matter that the Yisrael that left Egypt were loaded full of pagan babylon, and that Yah was cutting out a family for Himself out of these people; many of whom would reject His loving admonishments because they were to blind to see that what Yahowah was doing was very loving and very jealous about His family, preferring instead (just as Christians do) to see His Towrah as cruel and intolerant.

It is not any different from my perspective in seeing the 'esh/fire (our Spiritual Mother) on Sanai was enveloping and nurturing, and refreshing for Moseh, was also the 'esh/fire that turned solid rocks into molten lava...is no different than to those making up His family His prescriptions and instructions are invitations whereas others see the same Towrah instructions as a summons; proper perspective and understanding in our mind and hearts makes a huge difference between seeing Yahowah as Paul and Christianity does, vs what Yah reveals to us about Himself...

Thank Yah, we're going home - which is exactly why Yahowah gave us 15 billion years of His creative evidence and information (He expounds upon in His Towrah, Prophets, and Psalms exclusively) in which we can know and come to understand Him by just so He could focus on cutting out for Himself, during this 6000 years of man being on earth, a family to share His eternity with Him in....all religions blind people to this generous offer by Yah.

HWHY
Offline VinceB.  
#132 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 7:59:01 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

"The Towrah (instruction, law, direction, teaching, and prescription for living) of Yahuweh is complete and entirely perfect (lacking nothing, correct, sound, genuine, right, helpful, healing, beneficial, and true), returning, restoring, and transforming (reestablishing spiritual relations and renewing) the soul. The testimony (witness and evidence, stipulations and authority) of Yahuweh is confirmed, verifiable, trustworthy and reliable (faithful and sure, supportive and establishing), making understanding and obtaining wisdom (education and enlightenment) simple for the open-minded (easy for those who retain the capacity to change)." (19:7) from YY Book I Genesis Chp 2 'Owr.

I was seriously thinking now, about Paul's outlook into the things of Yahowah were no different from the perspective of those who's carcasses fell in the wilderness...his and their hearts were of the same mindset.

Wow, it really does come down to one's perspective...if someone comes along and doesn't know, understand, or perceive and receive Yahowah as a loving Father (which is how He reveals Himself in Towrah) who, out of His zeal and uncompromising jealous love for His family - and His zeal to want to keep them safe (getting them home to His house safely, as what He promised to do), is going to see Yahowah as depicted in the same Towrah message a cruel taskmaster, as a set of cruel uncompromising rules, laws and regulations that's impossible to keep.

Paul, being a conceited self-centered self-serving Pharaseeic Jew (with a heart similar to those falling in the wilderness) is going to perceive from his perspective that the God of the Towrah is impossible; and again, that's because he didn't know, understand nor receive those same rules and regulations as what they really were: instruction, direction, teaching, and prescription for living from a loving Father to His children(Paul didn't see 'love' of a loving Father, all Paul saw was what Paul wanted to see: a God of hate [a God that'd zap a person in a heart-beat] - he saw God as how satan saw God, and wanted Paul to see God as being - and as a 'god' he could richly profit off of [look at any contemporary 'Church/religious-movement' there's tons of money being made off the Gott's Spell of Gracious; in the B.S. of "planting your best 'seed' offerings, today" movements] - all for profit.)

This is the reason, I believe, Paul did all his twisting and misleading to try and make his perceptions fit in the minds of those who'd follow him; and in his separating Yahowsha' from Yahowah, and Yahowsha' from Towrah, making a religious scam out of a Towrah-less Gott's Spell of Ma'aseyah Yahowsha' saving us by grace through faith in it, rather than being saved in and through the Towrah and Yah's 6+1=7 formula inherent throughout all the Towrah.

Heck, even the creation accounds (that's historical to us, relevant for us today, and that's also prophetic) are enriching to us with Yah's 6+1=7 Miqra'ey long before there was a one of us put on the planet.

HWHY
Offline VinceB.  
#133 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 5:52:04 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Alas - finally made it to Chay chapter of YY Book I Genesis; Yippie!

Having read 'Owr twice; all I can say is: WOW! That, and: Praise Yah!

As I journey my way out of all things Paul (God, I hate Paul - what a complete fraud he and his writings are...), all things religion, I find myself watching EWTN and TBN and INSPIR channels (on mute - I only want to see their paganism at play for all the world to see - and how they 'MUST' quote from Paul's 'junk'; Paul's 'junk' like a sugar coating so as to faciliate the swalling of his B.S. version of all Yah ever said or ever did)...and have discovered whereas the Catholics are over in their pagan 'sun-god' worship, Christians are covert in worshipping the same pagan diety.

I also hate when pagan christians using their errant King James biblios (sun-goddess scripts) dive into Yah's Towrah Prophets and Palms - all of which does one thing only: elevates Paul and Paul's writings in the hearts and minds of people...Yes, modern English translations promote Pauline Doctrine from Genesis to Revelations...as others have said is so true, take Paul's letters out, and all one has left is returning to Towrah for salvation which is what God wanted in the first place.

Paul really did put a road block up to Yah's Towrah...I can't wait until God destroys Christianity!
HWHY
Offline cgb2  
#134 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 12:15:45 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Here's a website with lots of compelling reasons against Paul:
http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/

And free online book:
http://www.jesuswordsonl.../freechaptersonline.html
Offline tagim  
#135 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 3:34:54 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

and another:
judaismvschristianity.com,
and another:
truthseekers.com, (with member forum)
and another:
qumran.com/paul/index.html

more upon request
Offline Heretic Steve  
#136 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2011 9:21:23 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

So, here is my spin, in which I request correction if inaccurate. Paul studied to become a member of the Sanhedrin, (who had his number), and the Sanhedrin figured they had enough megalomanics allready. Since they had Paul's number, (personality profile), and did'nt need more egocentric/power hungry types, he gets the boot. They probably figured he'd be a real pita. So he takes a sabbitcal, so to speak. He is recalled by the Sanhedrin so as to persecute the Ekklesia. Gamaliel, (Mr. Teat), and company figured Paul would be just the guy since Paul craved their recognition/respect and Paul was one po'ed/embittered character who needed a target. So, Mr. Teat and his pals sic Paul on the Ekklesia since the Ekklesia posed a threat to their positions of power, money and sex. After awhile, Paul figured the way to real power was to invent his own religion. So he resigns as Mr. Teat's hit man and begins garnering his own following via his gospel of grace. This of course makes him an enemy/target of Mr. Teat and the Sanhedrin who ultimately wax him.
Unfortunately, it was to late...
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline VinceB.  
#137 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 9:06:22 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Heretic Steve wrote:
So, here is my spin, in which I request correction if inaccurate. Paul studied to become a member of the Sanhedrin, (who had his number), and the Sanhedrin figured they had enough megalomanics allready. Since they had Paul's number, (personality profile), and did'nt need more egocentric/power hungry types, he gets the boot. They probably figured he'd be a real pita. So he takes a sabbitcal, so to speak. He is recalled by the Sanhedrin so as to persecute the Ekklesia. Gamaliel, (Mr. Teat), and company figured Paul would be just the guy since Paul craved their recognition/respect and Paul was one po'ed/embittered character who needed a target. So, Mr. Teat and his pals sic Paul on the Ekklesia since the Ekklesia posed a threat to their positions of power, money and sex. After awhile, Paul figured the way to real power was to invent his own religion. So he resigns as Mr. Teat's hit man and begins garnering his own following via his gospel of grace. This of course makes him an enemy/target of Mr. Teat and the Sanhedrin who ultimately wax him.
Unfortunately, it was to late...

Sounds plausible to me, Heretic Steve; why not?

Insofar as I can tell, and because of Sha'uwl's influences we now have a New Testament with Paul's letters embedded, having been empowered, sitting right in the middle of it all; saying things God never said - giving us definitions/meanings/a version of how things went down Yah never intended. Paul, and those who believe him, are in direct opposition to all God said, did, or will do in the future...remove Paul's 'stinking' letters and people who want to find God are left to go in one direction only: to the Towrah, for answers - it is just like satan to setup shop right in the middle of the awesome works of Yah in Pesach Matsah and Birkurym (followed 50 days later with Shabuwa', on time and in keeping with Yah's 6+1=7 Mow'ed Miqra'ey means of adopting us into His family Yisra'el, without money and without cost)...

So seriously speaking, projecting Paul's rendition of what Yah was doing makes Yahowsha' being a 'stumbling-block' all the more costly/meaningful for those who believe Paul's machiavellian ways - the Family sees Yah working salvation on behalf of His family (Yisra'el) as was promised Abraham: EXCLUSIVELY, of which we can all be adopted into as Gentiles, Yah providing the same 'means' via the same Towrah message with the Covenant Relationship that's been given to the Yahowdym/Yisra'el, the natural born members of Yah's family - - satan's got Paul interpreting Yah's Towrah as meaning: Yahowsha' saving the whole world in His blood being by grace through faith and not of works lest anyone boasts producing a Towrah-less church with christians, who reject the Towrah, as God's chosen people having replaced Yisra'el at worst; at best has the church sharing in the blessings of Yisra'el (of which Yah didn't create nor does He even want a Towrah-less driven church with a New Testament that circumvents people coming to Him by His 6+1=7 Mow'ed Miqra'ey's perfect plan to save us by) - and christians believe this bunk; proof they're as blind as bats. Yahowah was/is/ and will alway be about saving His 'Family' via His family orientated covenant relationship

More and more I am beginning to see more clearly how it is political leaders can mingle and intermarry religious leaders being manipulated by elites...elites know all religions are an opiate of the masses, and none more so than the three 'Biggies': Judaism Christianity and Islam. These same elites know there is a God, and there's satan - and they've picked their side with its sex power and wealth...and working with satan, are manipulating the religious married to politics for more sex power and wealth...and the religious never learn; it's impossible for the religious to learn because they are hanging on to 'myths' and man-made religious scams with the same tenaciousness a politician has toward being elected/re-elected.

Edited by user Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:21:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HWHY
Offline FredSnell  
#138 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 10:19:52 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

VinceB. wrote:

More and more I am beginning to see more clearly how it is political leaders can mingle and intermarry religious leaders being manipulated by elites...elites know all religions are an opiate of the masses, and none more so than the three 'Biggies': Judaism Christianity and Islam.

We had a perfect example of that yesterday, when Governor Rick Perry was here in Houston....Texas Gov. Rick Perry to host major prayer event in Houston..http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/texas-gov-rick-perry-to-host-major-prayer-event-in-houston/2011/08/04/gIQAilogwI_print.html
Offline VinceB.  
#139 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:03:55 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

encounterHim wrote:
We had a perfect example of that yesterday, when Governor Rick Perry was here in Houston....Texas Gov. Rick Perry to host major prayer event in Houston..http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/texas-gov-rick-perry-to-host-major-prayer-event-in-houston/2011/08/04/gIQAilogwI_print.html

You've got that right encounterHim, imho

And just like clock-work, christians will be driven by their feelings wrapped in phoney patriotism waving the flag, and will reach in deep and do all they can to ensure Perry gets elected over Obama even if it takes more hanging chads or secretary of states to malign elections just like Paul's doing whatever it takes, including compromising truth and principles, if it'll get one person saved in his gott's spell of gracious...and christians being Towrah-less will go along for the ride as they always have to their own bewilderment...

satan's certainly not going to fix it since it ain't broken....may be a reason women were a very big part of Paul's early works in building a church filled with christians for his god which isn't Yahowah...satan, as do all religions, seem to target women knowing if they can get the women motivated the men and children will follow whether they're really engaged and/or want to, or not.

Besides all that, if it worked for Bush it'll work for Perry with the right spin and PR...people like lies more than they like the truth; how is that possible? Are people brainwashed to hate God that much that they really do prefer lies?
HWHY
Offline VinceB.  
#140 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:33:39 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

I should have made it clearer in my first post the church being what it is: Towrah-less/lawless the whole time they think they're doing God service.

I'd even go so far as to say that God not only didn't intend for a church filled with Towrah-less Christians worshipping a God of their own making in the image of Paul being pushed as what Yah-saving us (Ma'aseyah Yahowsha') was really doing, He didn't intend for their to be a New Testament either (the only thing a New Testament does with all the errors contained therein, is elevate Pauline Doctrine above the whole of Yah's Word/Towrah, Prophets, and Psalms - He certainly did not intend for a New Testament that depicts Towrah being dead and buried in the past along with Yisra'el leaving the christians to hold the bag on its march to 'glory' with their twisted false doctrines being pushed as thee Word of God that's really the workings and word of satan hidden in plain sight.
HWHY
Offline Heretic Steve  
#141 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:29:53 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

So, this is the scenario. The most influential person in history is Paul if one uses the criteria for 'influential' as the number of people who hold to a specific, poligious ideology. In the case of Paul, a self confessed demoniac, this would be christianity.
The number two most influential person in history, and for the same reason, is Muhammad. Also a self confessed demoniac.
Number three would be Adam Weishaupt, a demoniac as well.
So currently, the most influential men in all of history were demoniacs although a strong case can be made for Nimrod who got the religious ball rolling in the first place. And then of course there's the AM who will likely leap to first place around mid-trib and for the same reason.
This is swell, just swell. No wonder this world is in such a mess. Of course christians, (thanks to Paul's propaganda), think that some fella named Jesus Christ come down from Heaven and started a new religion named christianity which would make JC the most influential person in history when the reality is that Yahowsha never even makes the cut. Few know when He was born, died, resurrected, when He will return, or His name, and that's because few know what He taught.
Offline Matthew  
#142 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 7:12:13 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Heretic Steve wrote:
So, this is the scenario. The most influential person in history is Paul if one uses the criteria for 'influential' as the number of people who hold to a specific, poligious ideology. In the case of Paul, a self confessed demoniac, this would be christianity.
The number two most influential person in history, and for the same reason, is Muhammad. Also a self confessed demoniac.
Number three would be Adam Weishaupt, a demoniac as well.
So currently, the most influential men in all of history were demoniacs although a strong case can be made for Nimrod who got the religious ball rolling in the first place. And then of course there's the AM who will likely leap to first place around mid-trib and for the same reason.
This is swell, just swell. No wonder this world is in such a mess. Of course christians, (thanks to Paul's propaganda), think that some fella named Jesus Christ come down from Heaven and started a new religion named christianity which would make JC the most influential person in history when the reality is that Yahowsha never even makes the cut. Few know when He was born, died, resurrected, when He will return, or His name, and that's because few know what He taught.

Quite amazing how much damage a single person can do under the influence of Satan. Now the Antichrist will be under the direct influence of Satan. Leap to first place? Definitely! But that's only because of the nutters before him who have, by then, put the earth into a position willing to accept him.
Offline KM Richards  
#143 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:06:42 AM(UTC)
KM Richards

Noach wrote:
We don't really know what he is trying to say most of the time.

Those not hearing the voice of the Holy Ghost...wouldn't UserPostedImage

VinceB. wrote:

satan's certainly not going to fix it since it ain't broken....may be a reason women were a very big part of Paul's early works in building a church filled with christians for his god which isn't Yahowah...satan, as do all religions, seem to target women knowing if they can get the women motivated the men and children will follow whether they're really engaged and/or want to, or not.

Wow, so Paul was a satanist and God does not use women to do anything....interesting

VinceB. wrote:

Finished Questioning Paul, after, roughly about 2 months, and copious note taking, I can see how Pauline Doctrine is pagan and a continuation of religious schemes out of Babylonia

OK, so this mean God Himself is incapable of controlling what is canonized as being His written Word... what and indictment against God Almighty!

Interesting...never heard of anybody claiming Paul was of the devil and his writings were not inspired of the Holy Ghost and were not intended by God to be in the NT, yet the rest of the NT is accepted....
Offline VinceB.  
#144 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:54:04 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

KM Richards wrote:
Those not hearing the voice of the Holy Ghost...wouldn't UserPostedImage

Wow, so Paul was a satanist and God does not use women to do anything....interesting

OK, so this mean God Himself is incapable of controlling what is canonized as being His written Word... what and indictment against God Almighty!

Interesting...never heard of anybody claiming Paul was of the devil and his writings were not inspired of the Holy Ghost and were not intended by God to be in the NT, yet the rest of the NT is accepted....

Joy; I'm just 'busting' at the proverbial seams...please indulge me as I do a bit of 'preaching', a little residual from my pagan christian days

One of the things I've learned studying Yah's Towrah -and coming to the 'truth' found nowhere else- is He allows people to choose for themselves including accepting and believing lies in His name concerning things Yah never said nor ever meant (you can thank biblos corruptions for that B.S. ball of Bees' wax...as both ongoing proof, and a necessary reality - those dead serious to know Yah as He is and exists will find Him where He's always been; without changing; without shading/exploiting/using and abusing -- He's not Machiavellian as satanically inspired Paul of Tarsus was)

not only is Paul pure satanic - everything out of the guy's mouth was purely satanically inspired - he didn't know Yahowah and Yahowah didn't know him (except as a false prophet, wolf we're to avoid) which would make anything and all things christianity like their founder: satanic, pure Babylonian satan worshiped in sun-god worship.

In fact, insofar as it concerns me: the entire world is Babylon (and there's absolutely no difference between living in Babylon 5980 years ago with now - the only exception being: Babylon of today is high-tech)

Yahowah makes it so 'crystal' clear in and throughout His entire Towrah (with the accompanying Prophets, Writings, Yahowsha's Words) that His Towrah is the way we're to walk with its celebrations of the Sabbaths (that intersect with the whole of His Mow'ed Miqra'ey) along with the awesome Festivals demonstrating to us who are engaged with Yah, how He goes about taking us by His hand, our hand grasping hold of His hand (in that we engage -act upon- shamar Him in His Towrah) as He does all 7 of the steps 'the works' Himself that's leading us out of this cesspool of Babylon to His home, and this, as His children...is the most awesome story (His Story) ever told: and is the narrow way we're to walk and know and understand Him by.

Christians, Islam, Judaism with their stinking Talmud (oral laws and traditions of man): all religions are created by man inspired by satan to enslave man by keeping man Towrah-less (to be without the Towrah is the same as being without Yahowah - and is to be azab: forsaken, abandoned, rejected by Yah Who reciprocates in this relationship we have, or don't choose to have, with Him.

BTW, I watch a lot of EWTN and Inspir and TBN B.S. just to help me undo all the years I wasted embracing Paul's crap over Yah and where He always exists perpetually at: His Towrah (His Prophets, Psalms/writings, Word's of Yahowsha that doesn't diminish Yah's Towrah, not withstanding...)

Hope (pagan word) this helps!

HWHY
Offline James  
#145 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:28:18 AM(UTC)
James
Man

KM wrote:
Those not hearing the voice of the Holy Ghost...wouldn't

Alrighty then, you’ve been using this one all over the place so it’s about time I teach you the truth on this one too.
There is no holy ghost in Scripture. In fact Yahowah condemns speaking to ghosts. There is however a Set-Apart Spirit. Everywhere in your English bible you read holy ghost the Hebrew is Ruwach HaQowdesh, the Set-Apart and Cleansing Spirit. Holy is a manmade religious term that has nothing to do with the Hebrew qowdesh.
KM wrote:

God cannot control what man does, that is what free will is all about. God will not interfere with man’s free will. Man misused his free will to create the canonized bible. As I have already stated elsewhere God gave us a way to test if something comes from Him.
KM wrote:
Interesting...never heard of anybody claiming Paul was of the devil and his writings were not inspired of the Holy Ghost and were not intended by God to be in the NT, yet the rest of the NT is accepted..

Really it’s actually fairly common if you look around a bit, and are willing to get out of your comfort zone. Even Thomas Jefferson said, "Paul was the first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus." So it’s not exactly a new idea.

Offline Heretic Steve  
#146 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 9:42:14 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

The notion that Yah, circa 1446 bce, would present His prescriptions and instructions for establishing and maintaining a relationship with Him and then some 1500 years later we find Him scratching His chin and saying "Hmmmm, plan A is not working out so well. Let's try plan B, (Paul's gospel of grace), and see if it works.", defies all rational logical. At least to those who know Him and to those whom He personally know as family.
Offline VinceB.  
#147 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 10:49:08 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Heretic Steve wrote:
The notion that Yah, circa 1446 bce, would present His prescriptions and instructions for establishing and maintaining a relationship with Him and then some 1500 years later we find Him scratching His chin and saying "Hmmmm, plan A is not working out so well. Let's try plan B, (Paul's gospel of grace), and see if it works.", defies all rational logical. At least to those who know Him and to those whom He personally know as family.

it really does defy all logical; but it sure is understandable how ha-satan keeps getting away with the same bag of worn-out dirty tricks.

Ha-satan being the whore did the same exact same thing with Ma'aseyah Yahowsha' (the Upright Implement of Yahowah doing the works of saving us) as what was done in the Garden of Eden - throughout the entire T,P,P witness you see the same pollutions by this whore.

Adam and Chawah being the crowning jewel, if you will, of Yah's 6+1=7 creation account - Adam and Chawah having a nephesh, also had a neshamah (were to model/witness the completeness of Yahowah as He truly exists: as a Father, a Mother, a Son within Himself: as a FAMILY), unlike that of the other men and women of Yah's creation - those out building their fortified and walled-cities and fortresses like while animals only having a nephesh were to be witnessed to by Yah through Adam and Chawah's example of being in family orientated relationship with Yahowah as their Father, and not just as God their Creator only - Yah made it personal with Adam and Chawah.

BTW, Abel proved he'd learned from his folks that Yah was all about relationship: Family Orientated Covenant Relationship - where as Cain taking the same information Abel had wanted to do as what ha-satan had Adam Chawah & Paul - the entire christian world view doing: turn the works of Yah to facilitate relationship into another stinking religion.

Same things going to happen again when Yah miraculously delivers Yisra'el out of ha-satan's hands of the Gog Magog war's going to stand up and take credit for it to further advance his global religion married to politics and economics.
HWHY
Offline VinceB.  
#148 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 12:21:47 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Paul, with his letters, makes me physically sick - is that normal?

Why, everytime I read or hear anything as it relates to Paul, do I start swearing and cussing like a drunk sailor? Does anyone else who was brainwashed on Paul's B.S. find themselves doing the same thing? How do you all handle the outright lies of Paul when you finally know the truth?

And speaking of lies: I've been watching a lot of TBN, INSP, EWTN, and other religious programs (usually on mute and with caption on) watching and looking to them to do what they do best, pick their way through their errant loaded O.T. (and where satan setup his throne in Christianity, the N.T.) as if they're picking their way through a buffet table waiting for them to quote from Paul's crap since they really need to quote Paul inorder to tie their teaching together - without quoting from Paul, there's nothing the christian says that makes any sense.

Facts as I'm seeing it now is, I don't need to wait for them to quote from Paul, their entire biblos are inspired by satan from Gn to Rev (everything from changing Yah's name - to calling Yah's Towrah laws or His terms commandments etc etc etc all indicative of balal-mixing and mingling truth with lies) collectively paint the picture of Yahowah in a light that only serves to promote Paul and his letters' version of God and not Yah's. So the fact they quote from their biblos...making it nearly impossible to reach christians; probably easier to reach a muslim than it would be someone dead in Pauline Doctrine.
HWHY
Offline FredSnell  
#149 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 12:37:05 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

VinceB. wrote:
Paul, with his letters, makes me physically sick - is that normal?

I think it should be normal, and if it isn't, then somethings wrong...I even get upset when I come across ppl named after him.

If James, the brother of the Messiyah couldn't defend him any longer after finding out he was teaching against the instructions

and the ppl, how can we not feel sick when we even hear that guys name.
Offline VinceB.  
#150 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 3:34:12 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

encounterHim wrote:
I think it should be normal, and if it isn't, then somethings wrong...I even get upset when I come across ppl named after him.

If James, the brother of the Messiyah couldn't defend him any longer after finding out he was teaching against the instructions

and the ppl, how can we not feel sick when we even hear that guys name.

Thanks encounterHim for the affirmation...nauseated would probably be a better term for what I feel when I hear anything related to Paul's stuff being spoken or used because I know it really is a fantastic example of babel-from balal meaning mingling and mixing - nausea and shock that people actually believe Paul over Yah, and when one really thinks about it, we really do exist among Babylonians engaging in babel. It's on the TV, the radio, current events, movies, virtually everything is Babylonians communicating/engaged in programming all done in the language of 'babel'...I use to listen to christian radio 24/7 when I was a christian - can't do that since they're not getting anything right; and there's not much we can participate in while waiting Yah's Tarowah celebration to come and get us out of here.

HWHY