logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline VinceB.  
#51 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 10:00:13 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

bigritchie wrote:
That is a great point also Noel.

In fact I would add this. if Y'shua popped down to visit Paul, why didn't he pop over to the 12 and say "o by the way boys, there is a new sheriff in town"

Yeah, why didn't he...

Very good succinct and to the point QP...wish I'd taken a similar route prior to doing my book report type review on QP
HWHY
Offline bigritchie  
#52 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 10:05:29 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Noel wrote:
Okay.

So if Paul is the basis of Christianity (which he is) and Christianity is basically a false religion (as per Yada etc, ) who were the Revelation letters to the 7 churches written to and by whom? Were they written to 7 false religious systems and if so why are some of them commended?

Please someone, say something.

Noel

Let us take that thought a bit further.

Why were they not written to the churches Paul started?
Offline bigritchie  
#53 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 10:10:49 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Daniel wrote:
This is precisely the problem. Once you accept that the only stuff in the last third of the "Bible" that could be construed to be the Word of God is printed in red ink, the problem of Paul starts to go away.

When Mr. Oftarsus writings are taken to be what they say they are, ie: personal correspondence, he becomes just another first century itinerant evangelist. His letters become just that, half (or sometimes one quarter!) of a 'conversation' that we are trying to piece together two thousand years later. It is like reading only (half of) the e-mail messages in some guy's "Sent Messages" folder, then building an entire doctrine around that material.

Some of the stuff Paul says could be attributed to hyperbolic speech, perhaps he is just trying to "make a point". On this very forum people's writings get misunderstood all the time, even when we can see the entire "thread" of messages.

If we move Paul off shelf of "Scripture" and down to the shelf that has writings/books by Clement, Polycarp, Ignatious, Irenaeus, CS Lewis, Francis Schaffer, Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, Jim Dobson, Max Luchado, Rob Bell, et al. then he (Paul) is just another guy. He makes some good points, and he is waaaaaay off on some others.

The people who said "Paul's writings are the Word of God" are the same people who brought us Christmas, Easter and Priestly Child Molestation. Their belief system is based upon the writings of an itinerant first century evangelist who was always getting in trouble with the disciples and "James". Who gives a rat's-rump about what they think? These jokers say that they follow Jesus, but they can't even get His name right!!!

Perhaps I should write a 600 page book/website under the title: "Ignoring Paul".

(Sorry, Yada, I couldn't resist!)

I am going to spend most of my time studying and applying the stuff in the Tannahk and the words in red. I may study Mr. Oftarsus writings, later, perhaps in the fall of 2033...

Daniel this made me giggle.

"Their belief system is based upon the writings of an itinerant first century evangelist who was always getting in trouble with the disciples and "James"."

I always laugh about Paul talking about meat sacrificed to idols and always say this

"Well yea boys, you can eat meat sacrificed to idols, just don't do it in front of Peter, James, and John, they get really pissed"

HAHA
Offline Richard  
#54 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 10:52:48 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
VinceB wrote:
Yahowah having come Himself as Yahowsha' to do His works of affirming confirming enabling and fulfilling His Towrah, all the while literally observing the Towrah as what was given to Yisreal through Mosheh (never adding to or taking away from it) as an example we're to follow what He Himself demonstrated -as if that were some small matter, He also then, not just as Yahowah having come in human flesh: but as Yahowsha' the Ma'aseyah 'IS' the Pesah-&-the very Gate/doorway into God's family in Covenant Relationship with Him just as what was promised and as was demonstrated in Abraham - in other words: Yah does all the work Himself (Gideon, being just one example of thousands, comes to mind), and He invites us along for the ride as Towrah observing followers of His; you just can't go out and pick any day to have your Shabbat day of rest; or go and have a little lent with your coffee...

That has to be the single longest sentence I may have ever read. WOW. Deep breath ...
Offline VinceB.  
#55 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 11:45:43 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

flintface wrote:
That has to be the single longest sentence I may have ever read. WOW. Deep breath ...

Did I really say all that; wow is right!

What I meant to say is: "Paul's a liar"
HWHY
Offline Matthew  
#56 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 1:30:32 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
sgf wrote:
According to Yah, it takes one lie to be a false prophet.

Galatians 4:24 - maybe I'm wrong, but this seems to be an outright lie.... TWO COVENANTS??!!

I need to ask: How is the 12 loaves of bread that is to be laid out on the pure gold table within the temple before Yahweh every Sabbath as a lasting covenant not a covenant?
Offline sirgodfrey  
#57 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 2:21:24 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

In context to Gal, as I posted, there are not two covenants concerning fleshly and spiritual.

Yah has made many covenants, if one means promises to His people.
Offline Matthew  
#58 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 4:40:26 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Godfrey, in my mind the author makes it clear that it is to be seen figuratively, i.e. two paths to God: 1) trying to achieve it in one's own might (sweat, blood and pain) or 2) through the promise, which is to rely on God to perform the miracle. Trying to fulfill the promise in one's own strength is a fools errand, as Abraham learnt the hard way, it resulted in unnecessary troubles for him. Even at the time of sleeping with Hagar, his slave, he believed in Yahweh, yet still he could not achieve what he set out to achieve no matter how noble his intention was.

His mistake still causes us major trouble even today, we have Islam thanks to it, a religion built on the concept of slavery.

Obviously to display trust in Yahweh is to heed His advise and do what He says. But we mustn't think that somehow our circumcision (our sweat, pain and blood), or Torah observance for that matter, adds to the finished work of Yahshua.

Now consider David who, in a relationship with Yahweh, willfully blew 5 Commandments and yet in 2 Chronicles 7:11-12 was commended for having kept them all in Yahweh's covenant speech to Solomon. Why wasn't David separated from Yahweh for these serious violations? Because he never abandoned Yahweh. Instead David understood that his sins were covered, they were atoned for because he confessed and acknowledged them.

How did David "keep the Torah" if he blew it on occasion? Because to keep the Torah means to Love God, Love one's neighbour and to recognise Yahshua as the Messiah.

Also, we're fooling ourselves to think we're "Torah observant" when in fact we follow a heavily, heavily truncated list.

How's this for a covenant:

MattithYah 26:28 wrote:
Then, having received and accepted, taken and seized, acquired and collected, grasped and obtained, chosen and selected, claimed and procured, apprehended and admitted the cup and drinking vessel, goblet and jar, He also bestowed and provided a blessing, benefit and favour, He then gave and granted, supplied and furnished, bestowed and delivered, committed and permitted, extended and presented it to the disciples and followers, pupils and learners, apprentices and adherents, saying and teaching, maintaining and affirming, directing and exhorting, advising and pointing out, "Drink from out of it, everyone, individually and collectively, for the reason that this is and exists as My life blood of the covenant and agreement, treaty and testament, disposition and arrangement, compact and contract, the life blood that is being poured out and spread, shed, abundantly scattered and generously provided about and concerning, regarding and on account of, because of and with respect to many numerous and large amounts of people, for and on behalf of the forgiveness and pardon, remission and leaving behind, setting aside and disregarding, abandoning and dismissing, omission and rejection, separation and the release and setting free from bondage and imprisonment to sins and errors, misses of the mark and mistakes, the violations of the law of the Supreme One and wanderings from the Way and from the state of uprightness."

Offline jatrom  
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:42:23 AM(UTC)
jatrom

Hi,
I find this forum very interesting and challenging to my own beliefs. I however don't like to jump to conclusions too quick. YY was very fresh and also shocking to my own 'doctrine', formed through all the years in the christian church. QP was ever more shocking, but opened a lot of valid questions for me to persue. Coming back to the conclusion part, I would like to say that after giving information in QP some breathing space, I've come to the conclusion that QP is taking things a bit over the top. That Shaul seems to be against the Torah isn't very difficult to prove, but I feel that Yada took it a bit too far by squeezing meaning out where there is none. Nevertheless, reading 'The Great Galatians Debate, I've found some perspective again. Both authors tries to approach Shaul's writings from different perspectives in an effort to divorce Galatians from either Shaul or the truth. That said, I will still study a bit, listen some more and try to bleed off some confusion, before I make my final decision.
Offline Heretic Steve  
#60 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 7:05:17 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Paul said that the dead would rise before the living at the Trumpets harvest. He also said Yah's spirit would be removed. From where, the earth? That's what's usually assumed. He also said that there would be a falling away from the truth. That would be assuming there had been a general acceptance of the truth in the first place. There has been no such acceptance, at least in any popular or common scenario, in the history of mankind. So, who's truth is Paul referring to? Paul said the anti-messiah would be revealed after the "falling away". When has/is the falling away going to occur?
So, is any of this true?
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline bigritchie  
#61 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 3:53:38 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

Heretic Steve wrote:
Paul said that the dead would rise before the living at the Trumpets harvest. He also said Yah's spirit would be removed. From where, the earth? That's what's usually assumed. He also said that there would be a falling away from the truth. That would be assuming there had been a general acceptance of the truth in the first place. There has been no such acceptance, at least in any popular or common scenario, in the history of mankind. So, who's truth is Paul referring to? Paul said the anti-messiah would be revealed after the "falling away". When has/is the falling away going to occur?
So, is any of this true?

Of course the Creator said that in the last days the gentiles would cry out for the pagan things they inherited. And Y'shua said his people would come out of Babylon. They predict a revival of truth in the last days as the rest of the world goes to crap.

I will take their word over Paul's any day

Edited by user Saturday, January 29, 2011 6:42:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Matthew  
#62 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 4:15:51 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Heretic Steve wrote:
So, is any of this true?

Well from passages like Isaiah 26 and 57 it's not hard to see the possibility dead rising first. I don't have concrete evidence of the dead rising before the living but I wouldn't be surprised if it's mentioned as a hidden nugget in the Tanakh.

Technically, if God raptures those with His Spirit then for a short time being there won't be many "saved" believers, and plus in Leviticus 14 Yahshua hints at Him shutting the house up to let it run its course on its own. This doesn't mean His Spirit won't be present, because obviously He pours it out on His sons and daughters during the time of Jacob's trouble, but it seems Yahweh is refraining from protecting Man.

Falling away? It's mentioned in Matthew 24. I think it's already begun yet will accelerate, much like the prophecy of God pouring out His Spirit in Joel 2:28-29 when Peter claims it to be fulfilled in Acts 2:14-47 though we know its complete fulfillment will come during the End Times.
Offline Matthew  
#63 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 7:04:04 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Just coming back to this thread. Earlier some suggested Paul could be a false prophet for saying the storm would kill all but then all survived. We have a similar thing in John 7:1-13 where Yahshua says he won't be going up to the Feast of Tabernacles but then ends up going.
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#64 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 2:51:11 AM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Quote:
Just coming back to this thread. Earlier some suggested Paul could be a false prophet for saying the storm would kill all but then all survived. We have a similar thing in John 7:1-13 where Yahshua says he won't be going up to the Feast of Tabernacles but then ends up going.

Matthew, I'm not sure that we can say that Yahshua said he definitely wasn't going to the feast, from the KJV it says not up yet, not sure if that's a good translation or not.
John 7:8 " Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come. "

More concerning to me is that they say Paul spoke with satan on the road to Damascus, because what he was taught was against the law that was given to Moses. But they won't say that about the vision that was given to Peter when he spoke with Yahshua about clean & unclean things, which Peter believed was agianst those same laws. That they won't hold Yahshua to those same standards when he & his apostals were picking corn on the Sabbath which was also against those same laws. Moses had a man stoned to death for just picking up sticks on the Sabbath, there seems to be a doublr standard on this issue.
Offline shalom82  
#65 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 5:36:25 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
With the issue of Sukkoth we are not talking about simply going or not going. We can see by the attitude of Yahushua's brothers that it was not just about going or not going to Jerusalem for the Sukkoth. They were being disingenuous and that speaks to the fact that they were goading him to make a public declaration of who He was. He said His time had not yet come....what....to go to Sukkoth...? This is about the declaration and revelation not merely about going to Sukkoth

Secondly, I don't understand what your issue with Peter's vision is....it is something you have brought up several times....is it that you think Peter was being told to ignore the Torah ordinances on food? He thought he was being told to EAT unclean things. I am sorry but this is rudimentary stuff. All you need to do is read the passage. it is clearly indicated in the plain text. This is not something you have to dig deeply for. It is made clear later on in the vision that it wasn't about food. Secondly, any prohibition that Peter was practicing as it pertains to associating with Gentiles (especially Gentiles seeking to come into the Way) is not a Torah precept but rather is pharisaic halakah.

Such is the issue with Yahushua and the grain. I don't know if you have ever gathered wood but it is much more of an workout and a chore and it is a deliberate effort to labor than walking through a field and stripping a ripe head of grain of its kernels. The Pharisees in their stringency equated this to harvesting grain with all of it's rigors. With Yahushua we are talking about degree or in a sense the style of Torah faithfulness..Yahushua doesn't respond to the pharisees by saying "screw the Sabbath" and much of His issue with the pharisaic halakah comes from its annulment of Torah and improper application......with Paul we are talking about a whole sale renunciation of it. I understand that you all think Yada's treatment of Paul in QP is a harsh personal polemic where personal hatred gets in the way of rational judgement....and some of the commentary does have disconcerting implications but I don't see how anyone who has read a chapter like pharmakeia (where there is the Greek and 4 other translations ranging from the literal (even unto grammar) to the paraphrase to prove the accuracy of what Paul actually means) and not come away with the conclusion that Paul (or if we must....whoever wrote Galatians) has slandered the Torah and rejected it wholesale....in addition to being a pile of disjointed out of sync verbal diarrhea. I have to say that we are a great portion of our time here straining out gnats and swallowing camels.

As with most things in life the words we are scrutinizing can be understood with a little bit of context.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Daniel  
#66 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 6:05:21 AM(UTC)
Daniel

TRUTH B-TOLD wrote:
More concerning to me is that they say Paul spoke with satan on the road to Damascus, because what he was taught was against the law that was given to Moses.

When you say "law that was given to Moses", you mean the written Torah, right?

This is distinct from the "oral law", given by the rabbis, that would later be codified in the Talmud.

TRUTH B-TOLD wrote:
But they won't say that about the vision that was given to Peter when he spoke with Yahshua about clean & unclean things, which Peter believed was agianst those same laws.

1) Kefa (Peter) knew Yahushua before He died. Kefa could recognize Him by the sound of His voice (and/or sight, if Yahushua actually appeared in the vision). Paul couldn't pick Yahushua out of a police line up because they never met. How could Paul know whom he was actually being addressed by during his 'road to Damascus' experience?

B) Kefa's Ruach-assisted interpretation and application of the vision was not in conflict with the "law that was given to Moses", the written Torah. It was in conflict with the "oral law" being enforced by the religious guys of the day.

TRUTH B-TOLD wrote:
That they won't hold Yahshua to those same standards when he & his apostals were picking corn on the Sabbath which was also against those same laws.

III) Nope, grabbing a bite to eat was NOT forbidden by "law that was given to Moses" (the written Torah). In fact, the Torah prescribed that 'the corners of the fields' be left unharvested for 'the poor'. It was a violation of the "oral law", but once again, the religious guys find themselves on the opposite side of what YHWH actually said!

d) The moment Yahushua broke any part of the Torah, He would have been immediately disqualified as MessiYah. According to the 'religious Jews' (then and now) He was violating "the law" all the time. He wasn't violating the written Torah, rather, He was in violation of their "oral law".

TRUTH B-TOLD wrote:
Moses had a man stoned to death for just picking up sticks on the Sabbath, there seems to be a doublr standard on this issue.

Kinda like this guy, clearing brush at his "ranch" in Crawford Texas on a Saturday:
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7rJMXRxx6Q0TTLgBs1RhpQP5SUc0PfFHan0ABBD3JZbon8h9qQg[/img]
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline bigritchie  
#67 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 7:19:46 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

TRUTH B-TOLD wrote:
Matthew, I'm not sure that we can say that Yahshua said he definitely wasn't going to the feast, from the KJV it says not up yet, not sure if that's a good translation or not.
John 7:8 " Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come. "

More concerning to me is that they say Paul spoke with satan on the road to Damascus, because what he was taught was against the law that was given to Moses. But they won't say that about the vision that was given to Peter when he spoke with Yahshua about clean & unclean things, which Peter believed was agianst those same laws. That they won't hold Yahshua to those same standards when he & his apostals were picking corn on the Sabbath which was also against those same laws. Moses had a man stoned to death for just picking up sticks on the Sabbath, there seems to be a doublr standard on this issue.

Peter's vision? Are you serious Truth B-Told? Have you even read it?

Peter has a vision, that he thinks may be in regards to eating unclean foods.

3 Times Peter REFUSES TO EAT unclean foods, this proves beyond a doubt that Y'shua never said ONE WORD to Peter about the law being done away with, or being able to eat unclean foods. Not only does Peter's vision condemn all of christianity, it also condemns Paul!

Secondly, Peter himself defines this vision, if you keep reading the account. The entire thing was in regards to CALLING OTHER RACES UNCLEAN AND HAD ZERO TO DO WITH FOODS! Some parts of Ultra orthodox Judaism teach that Gentiles are unclean and SUBHUMAN.

Thirdly, he was not picking "Corn" as the KJV says, he was picking grain. You can go into any grainfield and pluck a piece of with your hands and eat it. There is ZERO wrong with this accept according to Rabbinical law which is based upon the ORAL TORAH and not the WRITTEN TORAH given to Moses.

Christians run around insisting Y'shua was breaking the law all the time, not even realizing the consequences of their words. If he was running around breaking the Torah and SINNING then your entire religion crumbles, if he was running around breaking Torah then he is NOT the Messiah! If at any moment he taught against Torah, by very definition of the Creator himself HE WOULD BE DISQUALIFIED FROM EVEN BEING THE MESSIAH AND WOULD BE A FALSE PROPHET TO TEST PEOPLE TO SEE IF THEY WOULD KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OR NOT!
Offline bigritchie  
#68 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 7:42:38 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Truth B-Told here is a really good video I think you would enjoy.

It is from a Karaite Jew (Tanakh Only) who is a former Ultra orthodox Jew, and he explains the "Oral Torah". I think this might answer some of the questions you have.

http://video.google.com/...cid=2662031810327980639#
Offline cgb2  
#69 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 1:33:23 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
bigritchie wrote:
Truth B-Told here is a really good video I think you would enjoy.

It is from a Karaite Jew (Tanakh Only) who is a former Ultra orthodox Jew, and he explains the "Oral Torah". I think this might answer some of the questions you have.

http://video.google.com/...cid=2662031810327980639#

That video is awesome, and really helped me separate Torah vs Rabbinic from my previous mindset.

In that video Nehemiah Gordon states up front and at the end, in short full disclosure breif that he didn't belive Yahushua was the Messiah, which shocked me from his expert teaching on the book of Matthew.
However recently on a Torah 2 the Nations roundtable (Hebrew Nation Radio) he seems to have come to believe ("When Yahshua returns" etc).

Edited by moderator Tuesday, February 1, 2011 5:14:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: fixed quote

Offline Daniel  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 3:13:04 AM(UTC)
Daniel

cgb2 wrote:
That video is awesome, and really helped me separate Torah vs Rabbinic from my previous mindset.

In that video Nehemiah Gordon states up front and at the end, in short full disclosure breif that he didn't belive Yahushua was the Messiah, which shocked me from his expert teaching on the book of Matthew.
However recently on a Torah 2 the Nations roundtable (Hebrew Nation Radio) he seems to have come to believe ("When Yahshua returns" etc).

Saw it coming...

Praise Yah!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline shalom82  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 10:31:12 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Not to deflate the sails...but as of the afore mentioned Torah 2 the nations interview, NehemYah Gordon is still a member of the Qaraim. He does not believe that Yahushua is the Moshiach. What he has said is that he does not see Yahushua as some sort of evil sorcerer that is an anti-Torah heretic. His claim is that Yahushua was a Karaite but not the Annointed. I find that to be thoroughly confusing on one level. Yahushua would undoubtedly agree with the Karaites on many issues (though not on all and it is important to realize that Yahushua is on nobody's side...he is in no sect....He is on YHWH's side and therefore He is on His side.) I wouldn't dare put Melech Moshiach in any sort of sectarian box.)but if He is not the Moshiach then He is as evil as any other false moshiach. There are many explicit examples where He states that He is the Moshiach and actually says that He is YHWH (however diminished a form He may be). So I don't really know what Mr. Gordon is getting at. Personally, I think that that is the beauty of Messiahship. It is an all or nothing deal. Either He is the Moshiach or He is an evil megalomaniac bent on domination through "poligious" schemes. It is black and white in the starkest manner. That is why I don't understand Mr. Gordon's apparently very gray stance. What could be more anti-Torah than a false moshiach?

What he has said about Yahushua returning has the big caveat IF. He said if there is a second coming of "Yeshua" then we will talk. What I take away from it is that though Mr. Gordon is not yet "Yahushua Melekh/Moshiach" in outlook....he is definitely not hostile to it. I could be completely wrong but I think Mr. Gordon has a feeling in his gut that Yahushua's Messiahship is a real possibility....but think about his history. He was raised in an orthodox rabbinic family and he separated himself from that community and way of life and then he became a Karaite....and he settles himself in that community, forms new bonds and new relationships and becomes an important member of that community...perhaps the most recognizable member of that community....and now what if he just lets go and proclaims "Yahushua Ha-Moshiach, Eli Malki Go'ali." Then think about it. In his eyes he falls to the status of a fad driven religious tourist and a crackpot. He would be driven from his community and once again he would lose his friends and cohorts. He would lose his status as a leader and as a pillar of that community. I think all of us have experienced a time in our lives where we know or at least feel something is either true or untrue....but we just can't bring ourselves to admit it all at once. I accepted the Way almost as fast as I could get it. But I will tell you honestly it took me a process of years to shed my flag waving American-nationalist Republican party can do no wrong mentality I could be wrong on all of this. Perhaps Mr. Gordon will never be able to accept that Yahushua is Messiah. Maybe he is not nearly as close as I think he is. But I will say this...I hope he realizes actually what a natural progression his path is. He is in a unique position to comprehend Yahushua's true identity because he is actually reading the scriptures (being a scriptualist Yahudi ) and because he has walked away from Rabbinic Judaism he is free to shed the kneejerk and often baseless hatred that they have for Yahushua. At any rate his community is already upset with him. They have taken up a petition to let him know how they feel about his interest in Yahushua. I guess we will see.
Offline Matthew  
#72 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 2:04:58 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From Questioning Paul chapter 2:

Quote:
As for proof that Sha’uwl despised Yahweh’s Chosen People, consider these impassioned words from his next letter, where he rails against his own people for doing what he himself had done: "Since (hoti) you were affected (pascho – experienced something) because of (hypo) your own (idios) countrymen and kin (symphyletes – your own tribe of people, race, and nation [read: fellow Jews]), just as (kathos) they (autoi [speaking of the Yaruwshalaym Called-Out Assemblies]) were by (hypo) the Jews (Ioudaios) [who] also (kai) killed (apokteino – slayed and thus murdered) the Lord (kurion) Iesoun (Iesoun) [note: there is no pre-Constantine manuscript of this verse thus no placeholders] and (kai) the prophets (prophetas) and also (kai) us (emas), pursuing and persecuting us (ekdioko – oppressing us and driving us into exile). And (kai) [they are] not (me) pleasing (aresko – accommodating or working in the interests of) God (theo). And (kai) [they are] hostile adversaries against (enantios – opposed, antagonistic, and contrary to) all (pas) human beings (anthropos). They prevent (koluo – restrain, hinder, and stop) us from talking to (laleo – speaking to) the nations (ethnos – people of different races and places) in order to (hina) [so that we might] rescue them (sozo – deliver them from this danger). [The Jews act] thusly to the point of (eis) completing (anapleroo) their (auton) evil nature, their sinfulness, guilt, and disinheritance (hamartia – the moral consequence of them being bad which leads to them being disowned and cut out of having a share of an inheritance) always and forever (pantote – at all times). Moreover (de) they bring (phthano) upon (epi) themselves (autous) the provoked anger, wrath, and punishment (orge – emotional fury and impulsive violence; from oregomai, an unbridled and insatiable lust for power and money) as a (eis) result (telos – and in the end)." (1 Thessalonians 2:14-16)

It my last email to Yada, which was posted on the forum, I tried to be as academic as possible. Yada's reply, in my opinion, was somewhat opinionated. Could someone please inform him that Codex Sinaiticus, Vaticanus and Alexandrinus use placeholders for the passage in question, and that every manuscript up until the 9th Century CE uses placeholders.
Offline FredSnell  
#73 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:21:58 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
A friend sent me this page today. I was telling him about, OP, and he went out on his own and found this page that really helps explain some of Pauls mindset at that time.
Sure most of you have no doubt seen it, but for the few like me that are re-learning, this page really says alot.

http://www.worldandi.com...ic/2004/april/mtpub2.asp
Offline FredSnell  
#74 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:24:41 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Sorry!!!..OP should be, QP.
Offline Matthew  
#75 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:31:55 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I think we need to consider the fact Paul was teaching Hebrew concepts to Greco-Roman people, a people with a different mindest.

Consider this link: http://www.blueletterbib...rg/study/intros/john.cfm

Quote:
"The prologue to the Gospel begins by saying, "In the beginning was the word (logos), the word (logos) was with God, and the word (logos) was God." As it is translated here, the word logos is usually translated as "word." Logos has a deep philosophical tradition that antedates John's Gospel by half of a millennium. Heraclitus (560 BC) first used the word in reference to a fixed principle in a world of change; it was his expression of God. [9] The Stoics later adapted a similar principle that the Logos was the power that controlled and ordered the world. The Logos would have helped John to present Christianity to Greeks who were familiar with the idea."
Offline shalom82  
#76 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:54:14 PM(UTC)
shalom82

If we want to criticize Yada's extrapolations and suppositions at every turn...be they minute or more substantial then I think we can look at ourselves at well. I am sorry but considering how much the Word is referred to in the Tanakh I really think it is unneccesary and agenda driven to conclude that Yahuchanan's Word had anything to do with the Stoics or with Heraclitus.

So for the benefit of Paul who quotes from everyone from Epimenides to Menander and even puts Greek drama into the very mouth of Yahushua we are going to take one word and conclude that Yahuchanan was into Greek philosophy based on that one word that is a translation of the Hebrew dabar.....I find that suspect.
Offline Matthew  
#77 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:59:22 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

You know the metaphor "the whole nine yards" doesn't really work in other countries if using the same words and if the people have no idea what American football is.
Offline shalom82  
#78 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:20:25 PM(UTC)
shalom82

That would be a fine analogy Matthew if these people had nothing but the writing of Yahuchanan to guide them and teach them but I believe there is also a book called the Tanakh. Anyone who takes the time to read that book would indeed understand by the time that they got around to Yahuchanan what the "whole nine yards" meant.
I also think we are missing a very big point here. There is this natural attitude where all the Goyim were just a bunch of ignorant pagans that had no idea who the God of Israel was and had no idea about the Torah, the Nebiim and the Ketubim and the perspective offered in those books. That is decidedly false. We know for a fact that the Yahudim were everywhere in the ancient world be it Rome or Greece or North Africa or Anatolia. Wherever they went they built synagogues and those synagogues were chock full o' converts, god-fearers and the inquiring. And there were plenty of synagogues when you consider that more than 10 percent of the population was Jewish and the Jewish population peaked somewhere right around the time we are talking about at 8 to 10 million....in an empire of 60 million. Sure, there were some who did fall into that catagory...the ignorant pagan goy wallowing in darkness....but I think that it is safe to say that many if not most of those who were coming into the Way were coming from at least a cursory backround in the Torah and many of those in that catagory were extremely well versed and dilligent and were already immersed in the Jewish community by virtue of living in it. Furthermore, we can only imagine at that time how much more centered things were on the Tanakh....to the point of exclusivity....it was a Tanakh culture....there were no "new testament christians" at this time. If they wanted understanding they immersed themselves in Tanakh and I am sure they were ravenous.

Please do not make the mistake of thinking even for one moment that I am completely against you Matthew. I just want to say straight away that though at times the dialogue has been intense I can say for myself and I think I speak for others when I say that I appreciate your contribution. You have kept us honest and kept us on our toes and you have striven to make valid and challenging points. You have spoken the truth on many issues. It is my strong conviction that Yada would benefit immensely if he ammended QP in light of many of the issues that you have brought up. Indeed, you are correct chariti/charis-grace is a term not exclusively used by Paul. And I don't think it is right to give it some pagan goddess connotation even if you disagree with the theology if Y'aqob, Shimon Kepha, and Yahuchanan are all using the same terminology. I never really saw eye to eye with Yada on the whole "Gesus" thing either. I am not in favor of messing with the placeholders...if they are there...they are there. The style of questioning Paul is something that sometimes makes me squirm. The tone of the book is too personal for many. Could the points still be made without the "Paul was a homo" as Daniel puts it? The answer is yes....they could be. As I said Yada could benefit from these criticisms. I don't agree with or ascribe to everything that is in QP, but I will say this. QP makes some very valid points and brings attention to some very disconcerting facts that escape those who have been lulled into sleep by accepting at the outset that everything that is found in the "bible" is trustworthy and true. For the sake of brevity I will only name a few. The conflicts of the accounts of Paul's Damascus road experience, the Moshiach's admonitions about false prophets in Matthew and Paul fitting the character of many of those warnings, the fact that there had to be a deceiver in the generation of the disciples that would even deceive those that were chosen, the fact that Paul said he was tortured with a prod by a demon, the fact that according to Paul Messiah was quite a fan of Greek drama, the fact that one second Paul is saying yeah, Torah is great and the next second he is comparing it to Hagar and saying it was a task master am not comfortable with Paul's egoism and I will agree with Yada that he comes off more like Muhammad that YashaYahu. It is all about Paul all the time. It is one big sad pathetic pity party half the time and a braggadocio's fanfare the other half. I am not comfortable with what I have to say is deception on the part of Paul...being all things to all people. And just what is the law of Messiah if it is not Torah? For these reasons and many others I am not going to accept Paul. I have said it before and I will say it again. Paul troubled me long before QP was written. I had to jump though hoops and torture the text to make it flush with the Tanakh and with the words of Yahushua. And I wrote several pieces on the YY forum that were apologies for Paul that I now regret. I tried to gain peace of mind by lying to myself. I will say one more thing. In our circumcision debates I did not rely on QP for my arguments. This is not merely about Yada's Questioning of Paul....this is also my own QP.
Offline Matthew  
#79 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:38:13 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

shalom82 wrote:
So for the benefit of Paul who quotes from everyone from Epimenides to Menander and even puts Greek drama into the very mouth of Yahushua we are going to take one word and conclude that Yahuchanan was into Greek philosophy based on that one word that is a translation of the Hebrew dabar.....I find that suspect.

It seems as if the concept had been around for a long time in Greek philosophy before John penned his letter. John was probably well aware of Greek philosophy, but I do strongly doubt he was in any way influenced by it.

I think KP summed it up nicely somewhere saying something along the lines of even a blind squirrel finding an acorn from time to time. In other words, some concepts, i.e. love your neighbour, are so obvious anybody could discover the principles and write books about it. Therefore we will find similarities across borders, languages and cultures, especially if they had some sort of contact, like trading of goods for example.

shalom82 wrote:
That would be a fine analogy Matthew if these people had nothing but the writing of Yahuchanan to guide them and teach them but I believe there is also a book called the Tanakh.

The article opens up with Paul's body metaphor representing the Ekklesia (Church, per the article). Now, I know it's a long stretch and not directly linked, probably not even linked, but Nebuchadnezzar had a dream of a statue of a body in Daniel 2. Daniel interprets it to represent people and nations.

Running a race (1 Corinthians 9:24)? Yes, the Greeks could obviously relate to that. But David did say "I run in the path of your commands, for you have broadened my understanding" (Psalm 119:32). Again, I must admit they are not directly linked and David is far more concise, but running and going by the rules for a purpose are found in both.

I do admit the metaphors have been obviously given a Greco-Roman adaptation, but in this case it doesn't make Paul wrong, well in my opinion it doesn't. To me he just sounds like a well read guy trying to relate to his audience better.

Regardless of the metaphors, I guess the question is: are the concepts he teaches wrong? That's the question at the root of this whole debate and it seems we don't all agree on it.

shalom82 wrote:
Please do not make the mistake of thinking even for one moment that I am completely against you Matthew. I just want to say straight away that though at times the dialogue has been intense I can say for myself and I think I speak for others when I say that I appreciate your contribution. You have kept us honest and kept us on our toes and you have striven to make valid and challenging points. You have spoken the truth on many issues. It is my strong conviction that Yada would benefit immensely if he ammended QP in light of many of the issues that you have brought up. Indeed, you are correct chariti/charis-grace is a term not exclusively used by Paul. And I don't think it is right to give it some pagan goddess connotation even if you disagree with the theology if Y'aqob, Shimon Kepha, and Yahuchanan are all using the same terminology. I never really saw eye to eye with Yada on the whole "Gesus" thing either. I am not in favor of messing with the placeholders...if they are there...they are there. The style of questioning Paul is something that sometimes makes me squirm. The tone of the book is too personal for many. Could the points still be made without the "Paul was a homo" as Daniel puts it? The answer is yes....they could be. As I said Yada could benefit from these criticisms. I don't agree with or ascribe to everything that is in QP, but I will say this. QP makes some very valid points and brings attention to some very disconcerting facts that escape those who have been lulled into sleep by accepting at the outset that everything that is found in the "bible" is trustworthy and true. For the sake of brevity I will only name a few. The conflicts of the accounts of Paul's Damascus road experience, the Moshiach's admonitions about false prophets in Matthew and Paul fitting the character of many of those warnings, the fact that there had to be a deceiver in the generation of the disciples that would even deceive those that were chosen, the fact that Paul said he was tortured with a prod by a demon, the fact that according to Paul Messiah was quite a fan of Greek drama, the fact that one second Paul is saying yeah, Torah is great and the next second he is comparing it to Hagar and saying it was a task master am not comfortable with Paul's egoism and I will agree with Yada that he comes off more like Muhammad that YashaYahu. It is all about Paul all the time. It is one big sad pathetic pity party half the time and a braggadocio's fanfare the other half. I am not comfortable with what I have to say is deception on the part of Paul...being all things to all people. And just what is the law of Messiah if it is not Torah? For these reasons and many others I am not going to accept Paul. I have said it before and I will say it again. Paul troubled me long before QP was written. I had to jump though hoops and torture the text to make it flush with the Tanakh and with the words of Yahushua. And I wrote several pieces on the YY forum that were apologies for Paul that I now regret. I tried to gain peace of mind by lying to myself. I will say one more thing. In our circumcision debates I did not rely on QP for my arguments. This is not merely about Yada's Questioning of Paul....this is also my own QP

I feel I really need to answer to match what you've said, but I'm quite speechless actually. You've displayed an attitude here that we could all benefit from. I have been in almost daily contact with Ken, and he dropped a piece of advise along the lines of us having to realise we're all in the walk together, none of us have perfect knowledge and that we should all be praying for each other to find the Way to Yahweh. We should argue as if we're brothers. My children fight, they don't like it but they do it. Fortunately, they live under the same roof, they kinda have to forgive, learn, move on and accept there will be things they won't agree on. As long as they call me Papai (or Papi as my son puts it) and my wife Mamãe, our apartment Casa (home), and generally take our parental advise then I'm happy.

I can say that we (you know who) are hoping to compile a list/doc of what we think are errors in QP, from translation to comments. As the idea came the first thing I said was the way in which we present it is crucial, we must see Yada as our brother, as the mentor he once was to us.
Offline James  
#80 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 3:02:06 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
shalom82 wrote:
Please do not make the mistake of thinking even for one moment that I am completely against you Matthew. I just want to say straight away that though at times the dialogue has been intense I can say for myself and I think I speak for others when I say that I appreciate your contribution. You have kept us honest and kept us on our toes and you have striven to make valid and challenging points. You have spoken the truth on many issues. It is my strong conviction that Yada would benefit immensely if he ammended QP in light of many of the issues that you have brought up. Indeed, you are correct chariti/charis-grace is a term not exclusively used by Paul. And I don't think it is right to give it some pagan goddess connotation even if you disagree with the theology if Y'aqob, Shimon Kepha, and Yahuchanan are all using the same terminology. I never really saw eye to eye with Yada on the whole "Gesus" thing either. I am not in favor of messing with the placeholders...if they are there...they are there. The style of questioning Paul is something that sometimes makes me squirm. The tone of the book is too personal for many. Could the points still be made without the "Paul was a homo" as Daniel puts it? The answer is yes....they could be. As I said Yada could benefit from these criticisms. I don't agree with or ascribe to everything that is in QP, but I will say this. QP makes some very valid points and brings attention to some very disconcerting facts that escape those who have been lulled into sleep by accepting at the outset that everything that is found in the "bible" is trustworthy and true. For the sake of brevity I will only name a few. The conflicts of the accounts of Paul's Damascus road experience, the Moshiach's admonitions about false prophets in Matthew and Paul fitting the character of many of those warnings, the fact that there had to be a deceiver in the generation of the disciples that would even deceive those that were chosen, the fact that Paul said he was tortured with a prod by a demon, the fact that according to Paul Messiah was quite a fan of Greek drama, the fact that one second Paul is saying yeah, Torah is great and the next second he is comparing it to Hagar and saying it was a task master am not comfortable with Paul's egoism and I will agree with Yada that he comes off more like Muhammad that YashaYahu. It is all about Paul all the time. It is one big sad pathetic pity party half the time and a braggadocio's fanfare the other half. I am not comfortable with what I have to say is deception on the part of Paul...being all things to all people. And just what is the law of Messiah if it is not Torah? For these reasons and many others I am not going to accept Paul. I have said it before and I will say it again. Paul troubled me long before QP was written. I had to jump though hoops and torture the text to make it flush with the Tanakh and with the words of Yahushua. And I wrote several pieces on the YY forum that were apologies for Paul that I now regret. I tried to gain peace of mind by lying to myself. I will say one more thing. In our circumcision debates I did not rely on QP for my arguments. This is not merely about Yada's Questioning of Paul....this is also my own QP.

Well said Shalom. Like you there are aspects of QP that I don't think should be in it, and I told Yada that at the time, but it is his book, and he has his reasons, rather we agree with them or not. But I think while aspects here and there can be rightfully challenged, I think overall the argument is strong.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline shalom82  
#81 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 3:47:53 AM(UTC)
shalom82

amane James
Offline Daniel  
#82 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 2:49:47 PM(UTC)
Daniel

shalom82 wrote:
amane James

amane shalom82, and Brother James
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline bigritchie  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:17:00 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Here is the thing with a book like CP. There is something that always gets overlooked in talks about Paul.

Whether Paul was a homo or not is not the issue. Whether Yada is right about that or not, is NOT the issue.

Yada does not need to be 100% correct, if Yada is 1% correct then Paul is a false prophet
Offline Daniel  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:24:27 AM(UTC)
Daniel

bigritchie wrote:
Yada does not need to be 100% correct, if Yada is 1% correct then Paul is a false prophet

Yada is substantially more than 1% right!

Paul of Tarsus personal correspondence should never have been considered The Word of God!

(Be sure and buy my 600 page book: Ignoring Paul )

;-)
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline Richard  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:36:08 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Daniel wrote:
Be sure and buy my 600 page book: Ignoring Paul )

Daniel, your sense of humor is refreshing, brother. But you really do need to consider more carefully before posting some of this stuff. There are those of us who may have weak bladders ...
Offline Daniel  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:42:21 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
Daniel, your sense of humor is refreshing, brother. But you really do need to consider more carefully before posting some of this stuff. There are those of us who may have weak bladders ...

I hope I did not cause you to make your computer keyboard "ceremonially unclean".
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline ks77  
#87 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:14:02 PM(UTC)
ks77

Daniel wrote:
Yada is substantially more than 1% right!

Paul of Tarsus personal correspondence should never have been considered The Word of God!

(Be sure and buy my 600 page book: Ignoring Paul )

;-)

Hahaha, I think that's how I feel about Paul at the moment too.
Offline Matthew  
#88 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:48:06 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

bigritchie wrote:

Sorry, but I have to ask: what does that make Yada if he [Yada] is 99% wrong?
Offline cgb2  
#89 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 2:45:55 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Matthew wrote:
Sorry, but I have to ask: what does that make Yada if he [Yada] is 99% wrong?

I don't recall Yada ever claiming to be a prophet or that his writings are scripture ;^)
Offline Matthew  
#90 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:33:12 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

cgb2 wrote:
I don't recall Yada ever claiming to be a prophet or that his writings are scripture ;^)

Chuck, my issue comes with what I see as false accusations, claiming things Paul said where there's absolutely no indication he did. For example saying Paul intended to not use placeholders but Greek corruptions instead. See Yada's translation of Galatians 6:18 from chapter 11 of QP below:

Quote:
"The Charis-Charity/Gratia-Grace (Charis – name of the Greek goddesses of Charity, from who the Roman Gratia, or Graces were named) of the (tou) Lord (ΚΥ – placeholder for ‘edon Upright One or Yahuweh using kuriou, which is more accurately rendered "Lord" using Satan’s title in Sha’uwl’s epistles) our (emon) ‘Iesou Christou (ΙΗΥ ΧΡΥ / ‘Iesou Christou – Divine Placeholders for Yahushua-Yah Saves and the Messiyah-Implement of Yah (but since the purpose of Galatians has been to disassociate Yahushua from Yahweh and the Messiyah from God’s Word, Sha’uwl most certainly wrote the corrupted Greek name and title which has been poorly transliterated "Jesus Christ")), with (meta) the (tou) spirit (ΠΝΣ / pneumatos – Divine Placeholder for the Ruwach Qodesh, or Set-Apart Spirit (however, since Sha’uwl’s spirit (a.k.a. the Lord) bears no resemblance to our Spiritual Mother, a lowercase spirit is appropriate)) of you (umon) brothers (adelpoi). Amen (Amen – the name of the Egyptian sun god, as reflected in Amen Ra and Tutankhamen)." (Galatians 6:18)

There are just so many errors in the above passage it's not even funny. Take for example Yada is saying Paul is referring to an Egyptian sungod. The author of Galatians used the Greek word αμην and not Αμμων. Αμμων is the transliteration of the Egyptian polytheistic god, pronounced Amun-Ra and not Amen-Ra. The Greek αμην is a direct transliteration of the Hebrew אמן (alef, mem, nun) meaning "something truthful, reliable, correct, established, upright, confirmed, verified, sure, trustworthy, lasting, supported, upheld, and nourished."

By the way, which passage of the Pauline Epistles is Yada referring to when he says Paul is claiming to speak on behalf of God?
Offline Colin  
#91 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:45:01 PM(UTC)
Colin

Matthew, whenever I have heard Yada refer to amen, I never had the impression that he thinks Paul thinks he is referring to an Egyptian sun god. I get the impression that he is trying to relay his belief that a lot of religious terms have older pagan roots. Even if Yada is wrong regarding the origin of the word Amen, it seems clear to me that he is not saying what you think he is saying. Even if he was saying that Paul was knowingly referencing a Pagan god, it doesn't change the over all truth that Paul did not speak for YHWH. I am curious about some of the other, and hopefully more relevant, mistakes you have found in the passage you last quoted.
Offline Walt  
#92 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2011 2:29:38 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Matthew wrote:

By the way, which passage of the Pauline Epistles is Yada referring to when he says Paul is claiming to speak on behalf of God?

If Paul isn't speaking on behalf of God - then he is just another religious leader burdening sheep with rules of men - a part of the problem and NOT of the solution
Offline cgb2  
#93 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 7:40:49 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Walt wrote:
If Paul isn't speaking on behalf of God - then he is just another religious leader burdening sheep with rules of men - a part of the problem and NOT of the solution

Good point. I haven't thoroughly research this, but I'd bet he's layering lots onto the Torah, compared to Yahushua and his taught ones who reaffirmed Torah.

YHWH said "my commands are not difficult or far off" and Yahushua said "my burden is light".
Offline Matthew  
#94 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 3:05:26 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

cgb2 wrote:

Just to come back to this point. Yada might not directly claim to be a "prophet" or that his words are "Scripture," something I don't see Paul doing either, but Yada has called himself a "messenger" of Yahweh, a "witness" of His truth and that "Yahweh asked" him to "engage" in the mission (so far POD, YY and QP). He also chooses to not "ascribe" his name to his work. So whose words are they, am I to believe they are they of the one "Yahweh asked" to write?

Therefore Yada's words should to be heavily weighed, especially since he's attempting to translate Scripture and commenting on it. Something I believe all of you already know. In fact all of us must have our own words measured because of the warning in Matthew 12:36 "But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken."

Interesting note: by doing a word count Yada equals Paul's complete word count in just the opening two chapters of Questioning Paul. Yada has written substantially more than Paul. Minus the translation and amplification work I'm pretty certain Yada's comments alone equals that of Paul, if not way more. Yada tries to claim his words are "mostly irrelevant" but then goes on to speak about the importance of accuracy in translating. Because he translates and then provides commentary actually causes his words to become relevant, especially as his translations and interpretations are leading people to a similar belief as his.

Walt wrote:

Walt, is there specific passage you're referring to when suggesting Paul's laying burdens on us?

Offline Walt  
#95 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 3:43:00 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Matthew wrote:

Walt, is there specific passage you're referring to when suggesting Paul's laying burdens on us?

Really, you really have to ask?
head coverings for women, women keep silent, not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, rules for elders & deacons

Either he's of God as he claims and needs to be heeded, or he's somewhere in the scale between:

irrelevant . . . . . . . . . . . distraction .. . . . . . deceiver

(and I haven't read QP)
Offline cgb2  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:20:05 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Seems frequently, and often without trying, some other thing reaffirms conflict with Paul. Some "messianic" streaming radio I listen is usually freindly toward Paul but yet often uses extreme reasoning to get it to fit. Now I run into this broadcast on "Women should remain silent..."
http://www.truth2u.org/2...uld-women-be-silent.html

While still trying to include Paul he explains how things in things in the bible should be considered "inspired", "history", "midrash", etc...
He talks about "Women should be silent.." and other misogyny verse as coming from the Talmud not the Torah, since there's many examples of women given authority and whatnot in the Torah. Yet that Corithians verse prefaces "for it is written...". If true, sounds like just another who teaches the doctrines of men for the commandments of YHWH. Hope someone knows Talmud better than I do and can listen and find the verses he mentions.
Offline VinceB.  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:49:33 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

I'm so grateful having learned about Paul/Sha'uwl and just what a wolf in sheep's clothing he was to the truth Yah spent some 4 millennium expounding upon off the back His chosen people Israel, for their's and the world's benefit.

Insofar as I am able to tell, and IMHO, Pauline doctrine has so polluted the world related to the influences of Christianity on the world...ohh sure, God knows Who He is, and He came observing and fulfilling the Torah/Towrah on our behalf just as He'd promised to Abraham - Ruth is a 'great' example, IMO, of what we have to do in being a part of His family...He want's the whole world to come and be apart of His family but not in the way Paul says it is to be done...

Christians can't even get His Name right; how are they supposed to get anything else right? Does that make me antichrist? Make me antichristian because I reject Paul? so when Paul discusses antichrist is he referring to folks like me who reject his teachings? Or perhaps referring to what Daniel said? Who knows with Paul...
HWHY
Offline Daniel  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:37:24 AM(UTC)
Daniel

VinceB. wrote:
Christians can't even get His Name right; how are they supposed to get anything else right?

My favorite observation.

My challenge to X-ians goes something like this: "You think that in first century Palistine someone named 'Jesus' was born on Christmas day, later killed by The Jews on the cross, and came back to life on Easter and did away with the Torah."

(Sometimes I have to explain what the Torah is before we can move on.)

They usually say "Yeah, that's right! That is what I believe!"

Then I have to tell them that NONE of those things are true.

Then I ask "You are trying to tell me how I can have a personal relationship with the Messiah and how He loves me and has a wonderful plan for my life, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN GET HIS NAME RIGHT?!?!?!"

It usually sends them screaming into the night.

VinceB. wrote:
Does that make me antichrist?

Anti-Christ, but Pro-MessiYah!

Nehemiah wrote:

Offline JLOWE  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:35:29 AM(UTC)
JLOWE

Hi everyone I am new to the forum but so excited to be able to communicate with others that are searching for the TRUTH as I am. I had to respond on Daniel's post,.....I just had a convo with my mother yesterday about the TRUE names! It aggrevates me so that I always get the same response from ppl........God knows our hearts, and He knows what we mean.......I don't get it,.....and honestly I don't know how to respond. Any comments?
Offline sirgodfrey  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:56:52 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

I think a valid point is that although the Creator knows our hearts (as they say), He would like for us to know His as well. He states many times that He has one personal name.

In addition to the aforementioned, His name conveys meaning that the traditional name is completely devoid of. Which then runs back to the ten commandments, Him stating not to bring his name to nothing or vanity. Look into the hebrew words for that specific commandment as it is one of the most enlightening discoveries I have ever made.

and welcome to the forum! :) :)