logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jatrom  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 7:39:25 AM(UTC)
jatrom

Hi,
I've been studying some of the writings of KP and Yada with interest. I find most of it very interesting, but there is still not enough debate from 'respectable' christian leaders to enable one to see both sides of the coin.
According to Paul, Jesus made us free from sin by fulfilling all the requirements of the law, together with enduring God's full judgement for our sin. That way we were freed from the requirements of the law which in turn broke sin's hold on us.
Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

'...being justified by faith, we have peace with God...'

In a similar fashion: How would you summarize the work and purpose of Jesus to explain the 'method or reasoning' of His work( to free us from sin, according to John 8:36)
Also, has someone been doing some work on Romans? It should also be very interesting.
Offline Daniel  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 7:59:14 AM(UTC)
Daniel

jatrom wrote:
According to Paul, Jesus made us free from sin by fulfilling all the requirements of the law,

In a manner of speaking, yes...

jatrom wrote:
together with enduring God's full judgement for our sin.

...ok, you could say that.

jatrom wrote:
That way we were freed from the requirements of the law which in turn broke sin's hold on us.

Bzzzzt! Wrong!

That is what Pauline Christianity teaches us, but (and this is a big 'but') that is not what The Messiah taught us. Never, ever, ever did He say 'forget about keeping Torah'. Not once, not ever.

In fact, He was always telling people to observe/adhere to/keep Torah. For me, that is all I need to hear.

I do not care who comes along after Him and says 'disregard Torah'. I am not going to listen to their advice. It doesn't matter if they are the pope, Billy Graham, Jerry Fallwell, Oprah Winfrey or Paul Oftarsus. If I have to choose between their advice and His advice, I will follow the "WWJD?" course of action.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 2:27:39 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
jatrom wrote:
... there is still not enough debate from 'respectable' christian leaders to enable one to see both sides of the coin.

Showing respect to, giving credence to, and in any way submitting to, those who are leaders in the Christian communities is to commit spiritual adultery against our Husband. Their opinions on anything having to do with Yahuwah and His Son, Yahushua, are worthless.

jatrom wrote:
According to Paul, Jesus made us free from sin by fulfilling all the requirements of the law, together with enduring God's full judgement for our sin. That way we were freed from the requirements of the law which in turn broke sin's hold on us.
Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

'...being justified by faith, we have peace with God...'

Saul of Tarsus, aka Paul, was a self-appointed "special instrument" of Yahushua, the Messiah. We only have his word and Luke's word for his conversion and special calling, neither of which is reliable. Therefore, when Paul says something, even if it contains a kernel of truth, he should be rejected.

Also, the name "Jesus" is a made-up name. No one by that name lived anywhere on earth prior to the 15 or 1600's. Paleo-Hebrew, Aramaic, Koine Greek, and Latin all lacked the letter "J" and a sound for the letter "J". Those who preach and teach otherwise are liars and are not His sheep. Those who insist on using the name "Jesus" instead of the Son's true Name, Yahushua, might want to investigate their own motives for doing so. And those who refuse to stop calling the Father "Jehovah" and "the LORD" need to look out.

I do not have all the answers, but I know what I know, and that is that the Scriptures used by Yahushua and His students and mouthpieces were what we call today the Tanakh, aka The Old Testament. The Messianic books and letters are good in their place, but they are not required for salvation.

Keep seeking, and welcome to the forums.

Richard

Edited by user Sunday, January 2, 2011 7:07:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Rewrite