logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 4:29:07 PM(UTC)
Yada

James asked me to start a new topic here devoted to what seems to be "disappearing threads" & "posts."
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline MadDog  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 11:02:51 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Yada wrote:
James asked me to start a new topic here devoted to what seems to be "disappearing threads" & "posts."

I think they are disappearing due to Swalchy and Robskiwarrior leaving. There was plenty of dialouge going on when
they posted on this forum. However they crossed the line when taking the opposite view of what got YY started to begin
with methinks.

I think YY needs more exposure as in getting published or more BTR at least once a month.
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 5:57:10 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
There are a few things that I have noticed that will cause a thread to disappear, there are some that disappear for no discern able reason, but I thought I would share what I have observed, so we can at least cut back on the ones we can control.

The one thing I am sure of is that editing your post will cause the thread it is in to disappear. So Preview your post and do all editing before you post it, and if you need to add anything post it separately in the same thread.

If I notice anything else I will post updates here, and if anyone else notices something they do, or they see others do that causes threads to disappear please let us no here. We can get a working knowledge base here, and help stop at least some of it.

MadDog wrote:
I think they are disappearing due to Swalchy and Robskiwarrior leaving. There was plenty of dialouge going on when
they posted on this forum.

Rob, and Swalchy's departure does play a role, but not because of a lack of dialogging on the forum. They had permissions set up on their accounts, that we don't, that allowed them to be able to approve edits, and threads, which kept them from disappearing, and no one else here seems to have those permissions set up on their accounts. It looks like if a post is not approved in a certain time period then the thread will stop registering. Once it has stopped registering on the home page you have to drill down through the topics to find it, and then when someone else posts in it, it registers again for a time. So the threads are always there, they just take a little work to find.

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Juski  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 5:36:01 AM(UTC)
Juski

Rob and Swalch had moderator rights and that is why the forum ran slightly smoother in the past. I don't think bringing up your issues about them is really necessary Maddog. But I do think getting a couple of new moderators would really help. If that's not possible then changing the settings so moderation is not necessary would solve the problem of disappearing threads.

Offline James  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 7:34:33 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Juski wrote:
Rob and Swalch had moderator rights and that is why the forum ran slightly smoother in the past. I don't think bringing up your issues about them is really necessary Maddog. But I do think getting a couple of new moderators would really help. If that's not possible then changing the settings so moderation is not necessary would solve the problem of disappearing threads.

Exactly, unfortunately, the administrator is the only one who can give those permissions, and no one can seem to get a hold of him right now, he's probably busy with his real job,and hasn't had time.

For those that don't know the forum admin is Yow'el, who co hosted the radio show with Yada, and he is a programmer by trade. The last time I talked to him, shortly before the show ended, he was about to start a really big new project, so he is likely busy putting food on the table for his family, and hasn't had a chance to check in here in sometime.

Offline MadDog  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 4:12:41 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Juski wrote:

If the question was disappearing threads as in they are somehow being deleted then YY needs technical computer support to look into it and need not be asking the forum for their two cents. If the question was why the threads are disappearing as in it seems a good chunk of people have lost interest since (in my opinion) Rob and Swalch left, then I am perfectly within my right to voice my concern.

I used to be able to just type "yahweh" in my search engine and "YY" would be 10th or 11th place in the search. Now I can't even find it at all. I have to type in "yadayahweh" to find it.
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:15:12 AM(UTC)
James
Man

MadDog wrote:
If the question was disappearing threads as in they are somehow being deleted then YY needs technical computer support to look into it and need not be asking the forum for their two cents. If the question was why the threads are disappearing as in it seems a good chunk of people have lost interest since (in my opinion) Rob and Swalch left, then I am perfectly within my right to voice my concern.

I used to be able to just type "yahweh" in my search engine and "YY" would be 10th or 11th place in the search. Now I can't even find it at all. I have to type in "yadayahweh" to find it.

It's not that the files are being deleted, it's just that if it is not approved, it will not show as a new thread on the Home page, it is still there. What we need is for a couple of people to be given moderator rights, and be able to approve posts, but as I said above no one can get in touch with the person who can do that.

This is an all volunteer site, so we have to bear with things such as this.

I don't know what search engine you are using, but I type Yahweh in Google and Yada Yahweh is always on the first page.

Offline Royce  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 4:06:40 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

James wrote:
It's not that the files are being deleted, it's just that if it is not approved, it will not show as a new thread on the Home page, it is still there. What we need is for a couple of people to be given moderator rights, and be able to approve posts, but as I said above no one can get in touch with the person who can do that.

This is an all volunteer site, so we have to bear with things such as this.

I don't know what search engine you are using, but I type Yahweh in Google and Yada Yahweh is always on the first page.

Who is admin here, they have this power to edit your status. I am still not clear on why we dont use a better software, is it because this is free?
Offline James  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:04:01 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Royce wrote:
Who is admin here, they have this power to edit your status. I am still not clear on why we dont use a better software, is it because this is free?

The admin is a friend of Yada's named Yow'el.

The forum was set up years ago, with no idea how it would work out, and I believe it was set up with free software. The reason it's never been changed is, as I said above, the webadmin does this for free, and has been busy with his career and hasn't had the time to change it. So until he is free to invest sometime, or someone else who Yada trusts, and is capable of doing it comes along, we have to deal with what he have.

Offline Royce  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:08:29 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

James wrote:
The admin is a friend of Yada's named Yow'el.

The forum was set up years ago, with no idea how it would work out, and I believe it was set up with free software. The reason it's never been changed is, as I said above, the webadmin does this for free, and has been busy with his career and hasn't had the time to change it. So until he is free to invest sometime, or someone else who Yada trusts, and is capable of doing it comes along, we have to deal with what he have.

gotcha!
Offline James  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2010 7:03:57 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Alrighty, we have it set up where I can approve posts now, just finished going through the backlog and have approved all of them. I will do my best to keep up with approving new posts, I try to check into the forum several times a day anyway, so hopefully this will make things better.

Offline Royce  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:07:42 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

James wrote:
Alrighty, we have it set up where I can approve posts now, just finished going through the backlog and have approved all of them. I will do my best to keep up with approving new posts, I try to check into the forum several times a day anyway, so hopefully this will make things better.

you rock!
Offline tagim  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2010 10:14:47 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

James, thank you so much for your great help on the site. I wrote in an earlier post about a month or so ago that I was sad to see such a paucity of posts at such an amazingly wonderful site, and then, wow! Now I can hardly keep up with all the material being posted and linked. I am almost finished reading a link to the site "Bless Yahuwah" -- I don't know how to properly reference it, I am so computer illiterate! Another amazingly wonderful site; I recommend everyone look it up, go there and read it all. Read all of the "New World Order" and realize that we are now there! And when our US debt is called, we collapse, and there is nothing you, nor I, can do about it. Or is there? Yahweh help us! This cliche reads better than the other one.

I still have trouble posting sometimes. Like, right now, I'm told I can reply to this post, or thread, but I cannot start a new thread. The net effect is that I may want to post something new and am told I cannot; then other times I am told that I can start a new thread. Then other times I am booted off after I log in, and thus cannot post. I know I am confusing you, but it also is confusing to me. It forces me to post where I am not supposed to, like following a thread. I am not complaining, mind you. In fact, I am tremendously excited to see all the activity and apologize for being long winded or wrong-threaded. What little problem I have posting or reading here is not even worth the time to address it. I understand there are some technical problems that cannot now be addressed because of limited volunteered time and availability of personnel. Maybe a call for help could be in order. I read almost immediate responses to posters having questions and postings responsive of passionate concern of someone about to lose a loved one. It is such a blessing, a Yahweh-send, (this new word should replace the other one) this site. I have read everything (except Tea With Terrorists); now I go through the posts in search of links to other sites to read all I find referenced there by all the generous people here.

I read the letter from the former military man praising Yada on the work he has done. Such a wonderful letter. I wanted months ago to write a letter to Yada and Ken exactly along those lines, but never ever having posted before, I was intimidated, so did nothing. At least now I am no longer a newbie and want to tell everyone here how appreciative I am for all you do and have done for me. I am betting you all have saved my life, for eternity. It is not that I was contemplating suicide or anything, but I was sure headed straight for hell, and in short order. I have but a few years left to live here and with your help I will get to the place of my choosing. I need to learn, live and do more. With the fellowship offered here I feel more comfortable now than ever before. thank you, thank you, thank you.
Offline James  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:51:00 AM(UTC)
James
Man

tagim, the reason you can't create a new thread here is because only Moderators can create threads in the announcement topic. You should be able to create new threads under all other topics, if you can't PM me and I will see what we can do.

As for the getting logged off, I know we used to have a big problem with that, but I haven't had a problem with it as of late, is anyone else having this on a regular basis?

Offline Noel  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:44:06 AM(UTC)
Noel

Hello.
James, after one of your full and good replies to someone the other day I tried to e-mail you personally via the members section, but after composing it when I sent it the message on my screen was that it could not be sent. Any ideas why?

Anyway it was to just to say how nice and explanatory your reply was to gabebp on the subject of questioning Paul. It really was an excellent and helpful reply.

Noel
Offline James  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:13:56 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I don't think the email function has ever worked. I would recommend that if you want to contact someone on the forum outside of the general forum discussion, the Private Message functions works well.

Offline BiynaYahu  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:16:16 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

I've actually found that if you continually use page links to navigate the site. i.e., Using the link Home at the top of the page, and then selecting your new topic or thread. As soon as I click my back button in the next couple of navigations I log out.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.