logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marcus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:59:36 AM(UTC)
Marcus

I was doing a word study on chadash and I cam across this scripture verse 10 sounds an awful like Jer 31:31-34 prophesy. I just tought it might interest some.

26 “You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am YHWH your God. 2 You shall keep my Sabbaths and reverence my sanctuary: I am YHWH.
3 “If you walk in my statutes and observe my commandments and do them, 4 then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. 5 Your threshing shall last to the time of the grape harvest, and the grape harvest shall last to the time for sowing. And you shall eat your bread to the full and dwell in your land securely. 6 I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid. And I will remove harmful beasts from the land, and the sword shall not go through your land. 7 You shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. 8 Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall chase ten thousand, and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword. 9 I will turn to you and make you fruitful and multiply you and will confirm my covenant with you. 10 You shall eat old store long kept, and you shall clear out the old to make way for the new. 11 I will make my dwelling among you, and my soul shall not abhor you. 12 And I will walk among you and will be your God, and you shall be my people. 13 I am YHWH your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves. And I have broken the bars of your yoke and made you walk erect.

The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001 (Le 26:1–13). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.
Offline Daniel  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:35:12 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Marcus wrote:
Lev 26:1–10: You shall eat old store long kept, and you shall clear out the old to make way for the new. 11 I will make my dwelling among you, and my soul shall not abhor you.

Rotate your inventory?

Good advice!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline bigritchie  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:25:41 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

Marcus wrote:
I was doing a word study on chadash and I cam across this scripture verse 10 sounds an awful like Jer 31:31-34 prophesy. I just tought it might interest some.

26 “You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am YHWH your God. 2 You shall keep my Sabbaths and reverence my sanctuary: I am YHWH.
3 “If you walk in my statutes and observe my commandments and do them, 4 then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. 5 Your threshing shall last to the time of the grape harvest, and the grape harvest shall last to the time for sowing. And you shall eat your bread to the full and dwell in your land securely. 6 I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid. And I will remove harmful beasts from the land, and the sword shall not go through your land. 7 You shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. 8 Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall chase ten thousand, and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword. 9 I will turn to you and make you fruitful and multiply you and will confirm my covenant with you. 10 You shall eat old store long kept, and you shall clear out the old to make way for the new. 11 I will make my dwelling among you, and my soul shall not abhor you. 12 And I will walk among you and will be your God, and you shall be my people. 13 I am YHWH your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves. And I have broken the bars of your yoke and made you walk erect.

The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001 (Le 26:1–13). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

Yea, I would agree with Daniel and that it is about simple food rotation. (I owned a restaurant and did that a constantly)

It is also in regards to walking in the commandments. So for instance a Sabbath year, the Creator promised that the year before the land would yield enough for several years. I think he is simply saying they will be so blessed and have so much food that they will have to rotate the old food out in favor of the new food.
Offline Daniel  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:58:07 AM(UTC)
Daniel

bigritchie wrote:
I think he is simply saying they will be so blessed and have so much food that they will have to rotate the old food out in favor of the new food.

That is a good problem to have!

(You do have a year's worth of food for your family stored away, don't you?)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline Richard  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:37:25 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Daniel wrote:
You do have a year's worth of food for your family stored away, don't you?

No. Can't afford it and don't have the space if we could. Sucks, actually. But it also makes us totally dependent on our Father for sustenance. I would really like it if He would "open the windows of heaven" to us, but He hasn't elected to do that. So we have what we have. Right now we are low on certain grocery items and cannot get to a store because our part of the island we live on is iced in. But we still have power, which several thousand further south on the mainland do not have. And we are nowhere near starving. The items we need would be nice to have (like milk for my coffee), but they are not essential. It all works out, I reckon.
Offline Daniel  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:50:34 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
Right now we are low on certain grocery items and cannot get to a store because our part of the island we live on is iced in.

But Al Gore says that global warming is melting all the ice! I don't understand how this is possible?
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline James  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 2:56:32 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Daniel wrote:
But Al Gore says that global warming is melting all the ice! I don't understand how this is possible?

That's easy Daniel, Al Gore is a profiteering know nothing who has twisted science to suite his political goals. But judging from the sarcastic tone in your post I think you already knew that. :)
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 4:54:33 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Al Gore also invented the Internet, you know. Right now, I'm downloading the Internet onto my laptop. It should be done in about a trillion or so years. At any rate, the ice on the island melted within a couple of days and everything worked out. This is one of those areas that doesn't get sanded or plowed. Nice and rural, but it can be isolated at times.

Global warming? Right ...

Edited by user Friday, December 3, 2010 12:27:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Richard  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:50:50 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Sorry for the broken "Downloading the Internet" link. This one should work.