logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:31:48 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Feeling at a loss about what to do with my local body of believers.... feel like I cant continue going, its too painful to sit through the wrongness lol But then I think how are they gonna get out if im not trying to live with Yahweh in front of them. These people are so blind, and they think they know everything, even though they profess to knowing nothing...

Dont know how to handle it all... plus if you stand against something - its all linked, so you have to kinda keep explaining... I walk out at communion because I hate seeing people doing it - I feel downcast in the praise because people are just singing songs and not listening to the words.

Its all irritating, and my wife and I are just finding it hard at the mo.

We still feel like we need to be there, like I said, how are we going to help "shine the light" to others if we just run away. It kills me to see these people, who are really wanting a relationship with Him, but are just taught stupid man stuff.

I wish I could just put my heart, and understanding, into people, so they can see that its better if you do it His way.

yea so we are feeling quite flat atm, dont know where to start. :S
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 9:44:20 AM(UTC)
kp

Sounds like we share the same burden--the reawakening of sleeping believers. If nobody in your fellowship is teaching the whole truth, perhaps you're being called to lead a home study. It's my experience that when people who "really want a relationship" with Yahweh are told things they didn't already know about Him, they receive the new information with joy and gladness--provided it measures up against the Scriptures. (Of course, people who are just "playing church" will attack you, but at least you'd know where you stand.) I've known very few pastors who are so insecure they'd oppose you on this (though few would enthusiastically support it, either). As long as you didn't set out to compete with the fellowship's regular schedule, there's no logical ground for objection, and lots of reasons for support. Friday night? What a cool way to kick off the Sabbath! Curriculum shouldn't be a problem, either. Even if you don't have time to analyse the Word for yourself as the basis for the study, Yada Yahweh is years ahead of you---and I can guarantee that Yada can write faster than you can teach. Or if you wanted to do focused studies on prophecy or the Law of Moses, Future History and The Owner's Manual are available. The point, of course, is not to set yourself up as a learned expert in all things scriptural---it's to get folks talking about God's Word. You and I both know how exciting it can be when the "light bulb" goes on and we start to comprehend how awesome Yahweh is. Why shouldn't you be the one flipping the switch?

kp
Offline Jeannie  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:44:10 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Robskiwarrior, I have used kp's TOM as a study guide and it's really all planned out and done for us to teach!! very effective too. I just got thru reading YY book 3 chapter 3 again today and that might be a good one for you to read or reread.
Offline shohn  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 8:25:51 PM(UTC)
shohn

Looks like we may be about to go through the same fun ourselves. We currently just do our own studies on the Sabbath instead of church; however, wWe began a search for non-bablyonian based churches in our area and could not find anything. I've had fairly good experiences at the somewhat independent "Bible Churches" so I think at this point our plan is to go talk to the pastors there and see what happens. Those types of churches seem to place heavy emphasis on things being scriptural so I don't imagine it to be that big of a battle, but it will take time for them to come to terms - my own family is evidence of that!

I expect it to be series of simple questions at first:

Do you believe that scripture was divine writ?

Can you point me to the place in scripture where the Sabbath was authorized for change?

Can you tell me the significance of the Passover?

Can you tell me why we celebrate Easter and why that replaces the Passover?

The answers to these questions will hopefully stimulate enough of a thought process to begin movement towards a Sabbath celebration. The real battle will be in overcoming the rationalization associated with the Babylonian customs. I myself had struggled with that for awhile, then I watched my wife struggle with it. We've been searching the scriptures almost daily to discover whether these things were true for about 9 months and have confirmed most of what is stated in YY and the like. There are a couple of things that seem off a bit, but it may just require us to do some more research.

For example, I think one area where we have struggled the most is that Christmas. It is seen as an ideal time to catch up with family members and witness. So we'd say, well we're going to go ahead and go this year, but we plan to disclose what we have found and inform them that this will be our last. That changed upon uncovering a reference to Ishter in the ol' study bible and learning about some of the stuff in Macabees. If it took myself and her this long, I think it would be unreasonable of us to expect a whole church to turn on a dime - an analogy may be trying to turn an aircraft carrier in a bath tub. Ultimately, I think the approach needs to boil down to how do you overcome the rationalization that we both were guilty of and still are at times?

I feel like we have a responsibility to communicate what we have learned, but at the same time we can't corrupt ourselves after everything we have learned. Seems like a bit of a gray area and I'm not aware of any authorities we can consult in this matter.

I think the key is to provide easily verifiable information that can be quickly digested AND making it personal. To this end, my wife and I are looking at putting together a movie/DVD that explains everything we have learned and distributing as a gift on Dec 25 to our various extended families. Kookdom here we come, well hopefully we don't lose our spine as we approach that date.

Also, this may be helpful. I think Devildog was the one who wrote about having a way to prove these things were real in about 2 hours. Although we don't have it that polished I did have an interesting exchange with my grandfather this last weekend. His comment was how do you know that someone didn't just make this stuff up a couple thousand years ago. I walked him through my own PERSONAL journey in this space, and revealed the questions I had before he had an opportunity to even raise them. Then the kicker was telling him that every SINGLE thing that I thought could be a contradiction, question, etc. I have found an answer. I walked him through the science, the history, translation discrepancies, formation of the canon, both sides of various arguments, etc. Full disclosure. He is an analytic type, but I still needed to work with his intuition by making it personal. It became personal by walking through my own journey and revealing many of the same questions he had and the answers before he had a chance to ask them.

My uncle has been working on this man for years, but to no avail. It seemed like he actually stopped and considered what was being said this time. What made it different this time? I think it may be revealing how you found the answers to the questions you've asked yourself. I hereby ask for more prayers for my grandfather. If the set apart spirit gets into that man, it will take a whole extended family with it! He's one of those "tell it like it is" types.

So perhaps you can go to the pastor and tell him about the questions you have had and what answers you have arrived at. You may tell him you have doubts about the whole system we have been taught and see if he'd be willing to walk you through the scriptural basis for the things you presumably already know the answers to. That journey may open some eyes.

Also, I've thought about making some bumper stickers and stuff. Imagine how many souls could be reached with something that probably costs no more than a dollar! What is a personal message that could be put on a bumper sticker... I don't know, but I'd love to hear any ideas.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:13:36 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Thanks for the encoragement guys...

We are meeting with our "elders" on Tuesday to bring the matter up AGAIN. Yea Ken, we believe we are called to set up a meeting on Saturdays. We currently meet on Friday nights with Swalchy - and we sing and pray with the kids on saturday.

The deeper we get into Yahweh, the more we cant stand being in that place... but I really dont want to leave people behind, and I know Yahweh doesnt want that too.

He has told us quite detailed about how we WILL be, and we feel we cant be what He needs us to be in our current situation.

Maybe we have to step out and bloom into what He wants us to become and then go back in... taking Him with us... This moring was hard for us, for the first time I felt like I was betraying Him, and Ju, my wife, was feeling bad too.

I dont expect people to do the whole turning on a penny thing, because it took us a good year and a bit to get to where we are now, but atleast I was open to it when I was confronted... I knew there was something wrong, He had told us that.

These people who are left, I dont want them doing what they do, because if they knew how it made Yahweh feel then they wouldnt want to do it either!

So, ok, on a practical note, if you guys have anything we can give to the eldership as a prime and good example about whats wrong, like Shohns questions, that would be great. Im a person who shy's away from confrontation so I dont think its gonna be a fun meeting for me lol :D Im really trying to lean on the "fear no man" part of scripture. :)

Thanks for that Post Shohn, it was really good to read too. :)

These forums are a blessing :)
Offline Tiffany  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:20:40 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Hey guys, many blessings as you go to the elders. Just remeber who they are, not in an authority stand-point but simply men/women. I agree with Ken, start something yourself. I can tell you that when I left the church a year and half ago it was the hardest thing I have ever, and mean ever had to do. I was the diehard, dedicated to the enth degree the most faithful attender as a youth, so much so I made a career of it when I left school. It was a major dissapointment when I found how dark the inside of the "church" really was. It was by loosing my job and feeling hopeless that I found Yahweh, I found him in the strangest place...someones home.

I spent a year going to these home fellowships, and now I have never felt more free in my entire life. I would say this one thing, that you have left a mark and upon your departure there will be people who will look for you and want to know where you went, welcome them into your home as they could be the ones who really want to Yada Yahuweh! I will stand with you in prayers as you go to meet with the elders, and as bad as this may sound you might to be ready for them not to listen and then to reject you. I hope that is not the case, and that they really would listen to you and have an open heart to the truth you bring. Either way you guys are in for the ride of your life! Many blessings!

Tiffany
Offline Juski  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2007 8:19:27 AM(UTC)
Juski

Thanks for all your encouraging words. Tonight we will think what to say to the elders and then do a whole lot of praying! As I think Rob said, its getting near crunch time for us and it is so encouraging to have all your support. We just wish there a few more of you on our side of the pond. Anyone fancy moving to Manchester?!!
Offline Jeannie  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2007 1:11:20 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

I ditto Tiffany!! I tell you prayer does make a difference and the set apart Spirit will make the rest, actually the first difference!! You are so in our prayers at our house!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 8:51:25 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

thats guys, greatly appreciated :) if you read this now, pray :) we wanna not mess our words with our own opinions and agendas, I want Yahweh to take the stage. Not Rob...

They will be here at 8:30pm... its now 6:50pm It was kinda jumped on us too, which is off putting, as in we only just found out!!!! :o

Pray that we can have a good loving convo :)
Offline Juski  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:16:55 PM(UTC)
Juski

Hey dudes.

Well I just thought I'd give you a quick update on our evening with the elders: We had a great hour before they arrived, prayed and worshipped which was good, really felt that Yahweh was going in their with us. The Swalch joined us too which gave us a bit of support. We didnt know what to say or how to say it, but Yahweh guided the conversation along well and we had an "interesting" discussion.

Basically they arrived quite agressive and just wanted to argue their point. They didnt really listen very well and kind of assumed that we were going Jewish and losing our freedom by following the law etc. But basically said they if we gave them the information they would take a look and get back to us (which is good I guess) . But then asked if we had anywhere to go if they decided we were endangering their flock. So now its wait and see time, I dont know how long it will take for them to decide we're loonys and politely kick us out.

So we're a bit sad, really not too bothered if they make us leave the church but dont want to lose our home group. So we shall see, time is short and we have to get on with what Yahweh has planned for us. we're ready for the next step of the journey. I just wish they could see what we see and they could all get on board with this too. I dont want my friends to kick themselves when they get to heaven and realise what they missed out on.

Keep praying please, we need a whole lot of wisdom now....
Offline Jeannie  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 5:31:17 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Oh Juski I am so sorry!! they do assume your going Jewish. What do they think "Jesus" is??? If they would just take the time to do some reading and reseach they would be so shocked!! We will just keep praying!!!
Offline rs  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 5:45:59 PM(UTC)
rs

Juski,

Way to hold your ground and be willing to step out into the unknown and challenge the status quo. Just know you are further along than others. I haven't even been able to convince my own household.

But the truth will find its way to the people its meant for. I'm sure you planted some seeds tonight.

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:23:22 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

yea the meeting was interesting. They did seem to come in very aggressivly, quoting acts left right and centre. I dont think they understood how much we agreed with what THEY were saying, its just people have the wrong veiw on things... I just pray they do read it with an open heart and mind.

*sigh*
Offline Tiffany  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:51:01 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Well as much as I have become a fan of this verse I have become one who lives it per say, but to tell you the truth it is worth everything....

Quote:
I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. 16I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

17"Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

21"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

24"A student is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. Matthew 10:15-24

I know you know this, I know what you are facing and I am praying for you. I trust Yahuweh to have his way in your lives because you are willing to work and seek his face. Stand strong, know that you stand with truth and know Yahuweh! I am so sorry that you now have to wait to hear their decision, but remember this you may be asked to leave, but with that you will be set free for the next adventure.

Blessings

Offline Juski  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:14:48 PM(UTC)
Juski

Thanks Tiffany, and everyone else. Your support means a lot to us. We are really at peace and a bit excited really, I'd quite like them to come back to us quickly and kick us out. Its funny because in 2000 Yahweh told us so much about our lives and ministry. He told us we would be kicked out of churches for our preaching, and that we would start a church, also that the 'established' church would be destroyed.

We never could have imagined that 7 years later we would be doing this. Its crazy days but really exciting, I love Yahweh!!!

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:22:44 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Juski wrote:
Thanks Tiffany, and everyone else. Your support means a lot to us. We are really at peace and a bit excited really, I'd quite like them to come back to us quickly and kick us out. Its funny because in 2000 Yahweh told us so much about our lives and ministry. He told us we would be kicked out of churches for our preaching, and that we would start a church, also that the 'established' church would be destroyed.

We never could have imagined that 7 years later we would be doing this. Its crazy days but really exciting, I love Yahweh!!!

hehe 7 years... :) There's that number again

Thanks again everyone, its soo good to be able to speak about all this to people with the same heart as you, as you lot know it can be a lonely existence AT THE MOMENT! I will say at the moment, because if we are starting to see what Yahweh told us a few years ago come into reality then there are even better things He has promised :)