logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Royce  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 7:17:56 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

I have some experience with Invision (IPB), Wondered what this is because it is so glitchy. Is this a free board? We could get together and buy the good software and have the board work right. Just curious guys. Thanks
Offline BiynaYahu  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 8:42:33 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Shalom Royce,

This forum software is called "Yet Another Forum" (YaF).

Your Brother,
Michael Browell

P.S. I personally would be willing to pitch some money to a purchase of supported software, and my vote would be for VBulletin. Both the Ubuntu forum, and LinuxQuestions.org use that software, and are two of the best boards around.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline danshelper  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 10:43:21 AM(UTC)
danshelper

I thought the "glitches" had to do with lack of moderators? Thanks for bringing this up.
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 2:18:25 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It's gotten worse since Swalchy left and Robski suspended, they were the two main moderators.
Offline Royce  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 5:28:55 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

yeah Vbulletin is good too. THat and IPB are the best, they run great and never have lost posts or issues with threads showing or not. I will get us a price and post it.
Offline Royce  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 6:08:25 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Also there are all kind of modifications that can be added to it like a message box (shoutbox) at the top so everyone can talk in real time etc. Many cool things that can be done. I am happy to help if I can. Thanks guys