logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marcus  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 5:53:47 AM(UTC)
Marcus

For example: 1 Sam 1:5 "But to Hannah he gave a double portion, because he loved, her though YHWH had closed her womb."
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 6:50:24 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well I believe Yahweh can, and does, use natural phenomena and claims it was Him all along. Take for example the 10 plagues of Egypt being caused by the Santorini volcanic eruption, or Noah's flood by an asteroid strike in the Indian Ocean.
Offline Marcus  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 8:49:17 AM(UTC)
Marcus

I guess my question is How did they know that YHWH was involved or was it just a cultural thing to attribute everything to YHWH. Kind of like when we hear people say oh God must have had a reason for him to die. Well no, not really- he jumped in front of a bus that is why he died. God had nothing to do with it. Or God must have wanted you to have cancer for a reason. No you got cancer because you smoked ten packs a day for 30 years and your body could not take it anymore.
Offline Richard  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 10:08:46 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
When I think about your question, Marcus, I am reminded of the story of Yob (Job). One of the most basic truths emerges: Yahuweh calls the shots. He did it in Yob's case, and He did it when Ahab was king. In Yob's case, permission was given to the Adversary to attack Yob on several fronts. In Ahab's case, a spirit was ordered to be a deceiving spirit in the mouths of Ahab's prophets. In another place, Yahuweh says, "I will choose your deceptions." We can choose not to believe Him and His Word. We can choose to disobey and do what we want. But our Creator reserves the right to choose the consequences.

We are not told, however, that everything that happens can be traced back to Yahuweh's direct intervention. For example, with Elizabeth, Yahuchanon the Immerser's mother, Scriptures declare that Yahuweh Himself opened her womb. That does not mean that every woman who is barren is barren because the Father has closed her womb, nor does it mean that every woman who becomes pregnant received that gift directly from Yahuweh. We might infer such a meaning, but we cannot produce definite proof from Scripture. Likewise, there is no record which states that Yahuweh is NOT directly involved in everything. Personally, I would tend to believe that He IS directly involved in everything. Now, that involvement might come about in the form of actions performed by spirits obeying orders from the Father. So even then Yahuweh is involved.

So I would say that, "Yes," everything that is attributed to Yahweh ultimately is.